Author Topic: Another lie - All big champions got that way lifting really heavy weights  (Read 22736 times)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Re: Another classic Weider lie
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2014, 01:41:06 AM »
most of the  videos are made bust before a competition it would just be stupid to train heavy and risk a injury when they are so shredded and depleted, better to watch them train in the offseason to see if they lift heavy or not

That's true. But I'd still be surprise if they trained with life-threatening amounts of weight. Stimulate the muscle. Whether it takes 10kgs or 100kgs. It's stimulated. It doesn't 'know' what weight you lifted. Why should it care. If you're purely training for strength or brute power, I'd say a strong case could be made for prolonged increase of weight, but for bodybuilding purpose I'm not so sure.

And since I don't bother with drugs any more, I'll probably never know. What I do know is that my legs are knocked the fuck out with DOMS today after medium-heavy weight on the Leg Press for 15-18 reps per set. The same on Hacks after that.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2014, 01:43:31 AM »
That's true. But I'd still be surprise if they trained with life-threatening amounts of weight. Stimulate the muscle. Whether it takes 10kgs or 100kgs. It's stimulated. It doesn't 'know' what weight you lifted. Why should it care. If you're purely training for strength or brute power, I'd say a strong case could be made for prolonged increase of weight, but for bodybuilding purpose I'm not so sure.

And since I don't bother with drugs any more, I'll probably never know. What I do know is that my legs are knocked the fuck out with DOMS today after medium-heavy weight on the Leg Press for 15-18 reps per set. The same on Hacks after that.
im with you, i used to train heavy  but started to grow much befter i stopped lifting with my ego..but what i think  l one ment is that its all relative, whats heavy weight for someone is lightweight for another (coleman yeah buddyyyy)

sososue

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2014, 01:47:20 AM »
no one... you must think I am anabolic halo or another stupid newbie .. I did your "experiment" in more ways than one over the years .. do you think I reached my current training phylosophy because I dreamt it in a cave on the mountains? lay off the tren bro  ;D

you also must forget that I was trained by one of those "champions" .. one of the few smart ones  ;)

Talk about delusional, you are  a skinny twink who has looked like shit for 95% of his life.

And you lie all the time.
You said you competed, that was a lie.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2014, 01:47:43 AM »
im with you, i used to train heavy  but started to grow much befter i stopped lifting with my ego..but what i think  l one ment is that its all relative, whats heavy weight for someone is lightweight for another (coleman yeah buddyyyy)

Coleman was ridiculous. That famous 200lbs dumbell presses on incline was just insane. But I think he paid the price for it. Whilst someone like Vince Taylor looked great into his 50s, Coleman melted away. Muscles and nerves are shot. And I'm convinced he still would've looked just as great had he used the 110 dumbells.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2014, 01:51:56 AM »
fuck off gypsy

You to call someone gypsy, ::) oh-la-la , what colour is 'baby mama' & jr.  ;D

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2014, 01:55:12 AM »
Someone should rename this thread to another classic sev lie cause there have been a few over the years  ;D

Sev is very easy to upset.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2014, 03:39:12 AM »
Sev is very easy to upset.
haha another "conclusion" from a gimmick. I'm just having fun and love to share and listen to people who have something to say.

People like Menspa Bob, wolfcox, shitso, chimps etc are here just to shoot the shit that's why they stay anonimous and have zero to contribute bb wise

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2014, 03:57:30 AM »
haha another "conclusion" from a gimmick. I'm just having fun and love to share and listen to people who have something to say.

People like Menspa Bob, wolfcox, shitso, chimps etc are here just to shoot the shit that's why they stay anonimous and have zero to contribute bb wise

You are not helping yourself here.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2014, 03:59:43 AM »
You are not helping yourself here.
your word weighs a lot  ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2014, 04:06:34 AM »
Another guy that I think trains smart and can be followed is Kai Greene. Minus the 500lbs bench stunts.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2014, 05:03:30 AM »
Weider lied. Bodybuilders died.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2014, 05:42:46 AM »

naah its more that i talk about illegal stuff and live in a country that threats roidusers like drugaddicts so i prefer to stay anonymous..the only one who knows my real identity is kwon....chimps have showd his face sp he is hardly anonomys....thus is what yoj say just becas3 you dont like to be called out on all the nutty stuff you say here.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2014, 05:54:51 AM »
I used to do as many reps and sets as some of the pros did after reading Flex until I realized why they did that much work and why they ate as much food as they did.

It's a miracle that I've never had any serious injuries after training for 14 years.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2014, 08:44:07 AM »
You to call someone gypsy, ::) oh-la-la , what colour is 'baby mama' & jr.  ;D
^^
I found them for you Herr Kommandant... =)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2014, 08:47:58 AM »
Another guy that I think trains smart and can be followed is Kai Greene. Minus the 500lbs bench stunts.
lol

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2014, 09:22:21 AM »
I looked at Piana's video wolfing down his huge breakfast of egg whites and oats. "Well, if you ain't growing eat more! 8-10...12 times a day if needed!" This syntholed out roided out oilbag of a middle aged man child who dresses like a 12 yo skater boy and has "adorned" his oil bag with horrid "tattoos", is sitting there preaching to the world with a straight face the biggest lies.

Since when it became "normal" to justify making money by selling lies?

I will gladly stay poor for the rest of this life if this is the price to pay for truth.
comeon sev, you been a trader, everyone does this, lying to make moneys.

banks advising customers to buy this then they counterbet on credit default swaps.haha ;D

if a banker asked me to invest my moneys, id tell him "hey bro if you so sure, do it with your own"

my "investment" goes to whores and women and living the life, its unrecoverably gone, but atleast  had fun with it.

:D

n

Natural Beast

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2014, 09:28:46 AM »
u should lift as heavy as you can handle and as much reps as you can high volume + moderate weights work best for enhanched athletes.. most of the pros dont lift heavy at all... look at top 3 olympians they train like pussies

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2014, 09:36:28 AM »
And your word on Dillet?
how light exactly did he train?

and dillet is 1 in million genetics lets not forget that
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2014, 09:47:47 AM »
Just been watching a few videos on Youtube. Flex Wheeler, Dillet and Phil Heath. I'm sorry but apart from where Flex lifts the entire stack on the machine Shoulder Press (see for yourself on 'Flex Wheeler Shoulder Attack'), complete with obligatory 4inch range of motion, he lifts the same poundages in the rest of the video that 'I' lift in the gym every day. And his form is ridiculous. Swinging all over the place.

Get your drug stack right, not the training so much. By the looks of it.
maybe he does it with much better muscle contraction.
maybe its just that day,maybe he was dieting harshly, harsh diet will make strenght go down badly at times.

maybe he trained very heavy in the years before that and just maintains, cant grow anymore anyway.

just to bring some reality to this thread:

-flex wheeler has done 400lbs incline bench while competition lean.

-phil heath has done 50reps bench with 220lbs without breaking a sweat, like its nothing.

-and im pretty sure i seen pic of dillet handling heavy heavy weights in mags, yeah i seen vids of him where he trains kinda light, but it doesnt mean a thing.

good frend of mine has trained with dennis wolf for 3 months, this frend is,or was, a beast, strong like an ox, and he said he doesnt even come close to wolfs intensity and power in the gym.

they all are very strong, but at one point, the injury risk takes over, they simply maintain what was built long ago.

its true, steroids give you strenght out of the blue sky if diet is ok-ish atleast, that extra strenght will build muscle.
cans til train kinda like a pussy, concentrate on mind muscle or lift heavy, both will work to a degree, but the strenght on gear comes magicaly ,almost by itslef.

ppl rarely consider that those guys are on draining diets often in those vids.

give them 3 days off the gym and all you can eat bufet and then see what they can lift,if they want to.

theres planty guys in my gym lifting same weight as i do,but its not the same lifgting,realy.
n

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2014, 09:50:19 AM »
To be fair broski, Paul Dillet was notorious for lifting pussy weights. He still became one of the biggest fucking guys.

If you stimulate the muscle enough, does poundage matter?

I think it matters to an extent.

Put it this way, if you were given a complete newbie to train and where told that you'd get $1 million for every inch of lean muscle you add to his arm, would you just let him continually mess around with the 5-10lb dumbbells or would you progressively get him to lift heavier weights?
After enough reps, even 5lb dumbbells will provide some stimulate, but would it provide the kind that’s required for growth?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2014, 09:50:41 AM »
The purpose does NOT excuse the means in my opinion.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2014, 09:51:33 AM »
how light exactly did he train?

and dillet is 1 in million genetics lets not forget that
^^
This is from a witness:   "I cried when I saw this guy train. The vids from the old Olympias were priceless. 4 reps of behind the neck press with 115 pounds and 20 minutes of excuses to why he wouldnt do anymore."

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2014, 09:53:30 AM »
The key to lifting heavy is to lift smart.  Too many idiots bend, twist, swing etc... to get the weights moving and that is where injuries happen.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2014, 11:27:59 AM »
"All big champions got that way lifting really heavy weights"

These morons are responsible for countless injuries and stupid gym and training choices. As a teen, I really believed it because everyone was doing it. But like many others, I felt the need to do "pump" sets to really feel the muscle stimulated properly. Later I realized that "pumping" IS the actual training and the heavy stuff is a weird fetish males have who should try powerlifting.

These liars and con artist basically used our own mind against us. Hmm, sound familiar..

Another thing: "You need LOTS of protein.. can't eat it so shakes are a MUST." Now please shell out a lot of cash for useless powders... ads looked enticing. They should do ads for equipoise, deca and primo.

Lies lies and more lies that are perpetrated today. By summer I will finish a book in english detailing EXACTLY what bodybuilding is, exposing all the lies and detailing the truth everyone can learn from. Including the history.  I do not expect a publishing deal from the Weiders  :D (fucking scumbag liars and conmen like all the liars and snake oil artists that plague this "industry")

Since the Weiders are DEAD, your claim about not getting a publishing deal is pretty much an accurate one.

IF you can eat enough protein to grow, go ahead. But, what happens if you can't. Worrying about Deca and Primo, when you can barely down two steaks, is rather pointless.

Most champs start lifting heavy in their younger years, when the joints and ligaments can take it. Once they get the mass and Father Time makes the knees and elbows a bit more tender, they do the pumping and higher reps thing.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2014, 11:43:41 AM »
Has anyone seen dillet train in the offseason or does this dillet train loke a pussy coming from the couple of weeks out from the o mitsuru videos where he is on the last week(s) of his diet?