Author Topic: I'm embarrassed to admit this; but I was looking at my globe today...  (Read 2943 times)

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: I'm embarrassed to admit this; but I was looking at my globe today...
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 04:17:23 PM »
shizzos globe

I think those things are cool.

I almost bought one.

And if it was owned by shizzo there would be no quality booze, a few bottles of popov and early times whiskey.

MikMaq

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »
As long as you know china japan and india that's all that matters. If you can't do that you are a fucking moron though.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 04:19:06 PM »
As long as you know china japan and india that's all that matters. If you can't do that you are a fucking moron though.

I hear the age of consent is younger in the smaller Asian countries. You should look into it.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
Best trivia answer ever is that capital (new capital) of Burma is Naypyidaw. Used to be Rangoon.

If anyone watches Pointless and world capitals came up that would be a perfect answer. Abuja as Nigerian capital too, most people think it is Lagos.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 04:38:33 PM »

E
E

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 04:46:57 PM »
There is a place called N i ger in Africa.

Coincidence? I think not. I believe that is where the N word originated. It was used to describe where some of the slaves came from. Over time, it morphed into describing all black slaves.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 04:48:13 PM »
There is a place called guy in Africa.

Coincidence? I think not. I believe that is where the N word originated. It was used to describe where some of the slaves came from. Over time, it morphed into describing all black slaves.

GB doesn't even let you type N i GER a genuine country. Instead it puts in guy. Ridiculous.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 10:35:39 PM »
That's just one white man's opinion.

Obviously Africa is a far more desirable place to live than America - as evidenced by the mass exodus of black Americans from the states to the mother land.. Hell we are going to have to start giving some shit away if we want to keep any here ---- doh!! wait a minute!!!

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 10:55:51 PM »
while in prison, I'd write out (or type out on an excel spreadsheet while on a break at work) as many countried as I could think of in my head. on a good day I could get about 170, a bad day I'd get 155 and be brain-dead on the rest. I'd tell guys I'd give them $10 if they could write out 50. NOBODY in 5yrs ever did... of course there were a few of my white-collar buddies who could do it, but I sure as fuck wasn't gonna give them $10. lol

I believe there's something like 188+ countries, but I could never get past that 169/171 mark.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 11:11:37 PM »
I'm embarrassed to admit this; but I was looking at my globe today....

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2014, 11:46:27 PM »

HaHa

LOL @ The way that he slowly slid himself down the curtains

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2014, 05:56:51 AM »

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2014, 06:56:49 AM »
Yes, this is true, Africa is grossly undersized in comparison to other regions on the Mercadian map. However this is not racist, the Mercator projection is a cylindrical projection type map (the vertical lines are equally spaced). It distorts the size of areas as the scale increases from the equator line. So basically the scale is correct through Africa (and S. America etc.) but it is distorted up at Northern Europe, Asia, North America and Southern areas. Greenland and Antarctica for example, at the extreme North and South of the map are huge (grossly distorted). Gerardus Mercator himself recognised this and said that this map should not be used as a reference for relative areas but instead for navigation (for which it is still used today)

Well ya...but that's not as easy to scream 'racism' about....what with a well thought out and reasonable explanation...  ::)

Also - Greenland is hugely distorted but I don't see a movement started to complain about it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »
And it became glaringly obvious to me that I was having difficulty finding some Asian countries. When I envision a map in my mind; I visualize North & South America, Europe and Africa. I don't visualize Asia at all.

I was looking at the various countries in Asia and I was amazed at how little I know about their locations. Also, I had never heard of most of the cities in those Asian countries.
   and globe would be a euphemism for what??????? ??? ??? ???
F