Author Topic: Jone's Colorado experiment  (Read 25364 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Jone's Colorado experiment
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 03:05:52 PM »
Awesome article, would love to read the hole workout. i couldnt do that 1 set thing i mean i try lifting as heavy as i can but stop just b4 failure, but after couple mins im ok to go for next set,so to truly fail id have to have sum ther helping me with negatives etc.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 11:50:43 AM »
Awesome article, would love to read the hole workout. i couldnt do that 1 set thing i mean i try lifting as heavy as i can but stop just b4 failure, but after couple mins im ok to go for next set,so to truly fail id have to have sum ther helping me with negatives etc.

davie

try rest pausing, this works...you can do it either the Metzer way which is max weight for 1 rep, do the rep..rest 10 secs, do another rep, rest 10 secs...when you fail reduce the weight by I think 10% and start over, then reduce the weight again when you fail etc..I think that's how it goes..or you could just do the old DC training, that can be pretty brutal.
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 02:40:46 AM »
So u only do one rep at a time until u cant do anymre.How many times do u re-due the weight. Has this been used with any success?

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2006, 05:18:20 AM »
So u only do one rep at a time until u cant do anymre.How many times do u re-due the weight. Has this been used with any success?

davie

well I think you work with you're max 1 rep weight so you should do a rep, rack it rest 10 secs, rep and rack it..I think you'll only get 3 or 4 reps then drop the weight 10% and repeat until you fail...I have not read it in along time...I'll try ot go over it tonight but I think you go until you can't go anymore.  I did it along time ago and I got strong as hell but it's brutal and you have to worry about overtraining. 
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2006, 07:31:40 AM »
Was it just gains in strength u received?? Take it a partner etc is a must, and did u do this for al body parts,exercises??

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2006, 09:59:13 AM »
I had 2 partners, did it mostly on chest movements cause my chest sucks..it's very very hard.  I got alot stronger and put on some mass..the thing is it will burn you out really fast...be careful. 
There is a book by John Little about Mike Metzer that just came out last year I think where he talks about alot of his intesity technique's, stuff like rest pause, omni reps etc.  It's very interesting.
nasser=piece of shit

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2006, 08:23:27 PM »
Does anyone on here know the story about the pint or so of blood they had of Casey Viators and how steroids were put into the blood and a couple days before a contest they put the blood back into Casey through I think an IV. 
Never heard that one Only but I did here th one about Viator busting a gut while squatting and using some duct tape to hold his intestines in while he drove himself to the hospital. Ive read a lot of bits and pieces about Casey over the years. The guy is an absolute genetic freak on or off the juice.  I would love to see some pictures of him today, I cant find any current ones.
X

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 08:33:31 PM »
Yes he was a crazy nut.  Pete told me the story about Casey and the blood and IV thing..  One day when I am with Pete I willget him on here.  I will have to type everything though.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2006, 09:13:16 PM »
Never heard that one Only but I did here th one about Viator busting a gut while squatting and using some duct tape to hold his intestines in while he drove himself to the hospital. Ive read a lot of bits and pieces about Casey over the years. The guy is an absolute genetic freak on or off the juice.  I would love to see some pictures of him today, I cant find any current ones.

FWIW, I last saw Casey in 1998 in Las Vegas. It was mid-July, mid-day and I was walking to Ceasars. Casey was standing on the sidewalk near the Las Vegas Blvd entrance to Ceasars. He was wearing jeans, a sweatshirt and a black leather jacket. It was between 114-116 degrese out and he was sweating like a convict on verdict day. His toupee was totally F'ed up and he looked like a lunatic.

That was almost 10 years ago, so I hope he was just having a bad day.
a

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2014, 07:33:53 AM »
 ;D article bring back of the month.
F