Author Topic: Gaining weight and mass?  (Read 2318 times)

moonshot314

• Getbig I
Gaining weight and mass?
« on: January 18, 2006, 11:24:09 PM »
Hey all.  Im not a very big guy.  Im 5'10, i was 192 pounds now im down to 165.   If been lifting my ass off, drinking the whey protien and i cant seem to gain weight now.  For cardio i play volleyball one nite and basketball another nite, 2 hours each time.   I can feel myself getting stronger.  I can lift more than i could before.  Ive been lifting for 5 months now without missing a day.  It was easy to cut the weight and slim down, altho i still have the lovehandles.  Can anyone give some pointers on how i can gain weight?  I already eat like a horse, im at a loss for what i need to do next?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Gaining weight and mass?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 04:11:53 AM »
most of the time people that claim they 'eat like a horse' do not eat as much as they think.
you might wanna post a typical day what you eat on here so we can review it
Z

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 10:26:55 AM »
I'm guessing your not eating enough also.  And if you havent had a day off in 5 months.........that is also effecting your gains.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 02:22:17 PM »
I'm guessing your not eating enough also.  And if you havent had a day off in 5 months.........that is also effecting your gains.
foresure!
bodybuildersreality.com

moonshot314

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 03:40:19 PM »
Even if im only lifting 3x a week?  I lift MWF,  none other than that, and i havent missed a rep im 5 months.  I eat mostly chicken, throw im some tuna.   Drink lots of milk, and my protien shakes.  Cereal has become common for me as well.  I eat wheaties usually at least once a day, and i eat a lot of wheat toast.  Ive stopped gordging myself at dinner, i eat 6 to 8 smaller meals a day,  by smaller i mean i eat till im satisfied and not hungry anymore, not until im stuffed.  Occasionally ill splurge on some junk so i dont bury myself in diet, but thats rare, usually once a week. 

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 04:17:48 PM »
EAT MORE!  OR ROID OUT! ;D

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 05:02:08 PM »
Just be aware that a healthy gain over the course of a year can still be less than 11 pounds, so dont expect to blow up in a few months.  Stick with it, if you feel yourself getting stronger thats what matters size will come slowly for many.

BigIronMike25

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 06:25:49 AM »
If youre indeed not growing as you would like i would just ask:  How many calories are you taking in per day?  How many grams of protein do you get per day?  I'm an ectomorph myself, at 6ft 2inch tall (all through high school weighed about a buck 175-190)  , I found out real quick that you seriously need a shitload of protein and suffiecient calories to grow, lots of protein plus more attn to pre and post workout nutrition along with 6yrs of hard training has put me at about 215lbs at about 10-12%,  no miracle by any means but progress none the less!

I can sympathize with being a hard-gainer but i learned a long time ago that cryin about it doesnt do shit and you gotta really freakin eat, train your balls off, sleep 8hrs+, Etc.....you also might wanna think about lowering those 2hr basketball / volleyball sessions (which burns plently of calories that you need for growth)  Good luck brother!!  Hit IT HARD!

BigIronMike25

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 06:29:53 AM »
Just be aware that a healthy gain over the course of a year can still be less than 11 pounds, so dont expect to blow up in a few months.  Stick with it, if you feel yourself getting stronger thats what matters size will come slowly for many.

Definitely agree with LEDD on this....i aim for about 5-7lbs of new muscle weight per year...doesnt sound like much but if you can do this consistently, then lookout you'll be lookin huge!!!  Patience is a virtue, but unfortunately its the hardest virtue to attain!

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 10:06:31 AM »
IF U HAVE A HIGH METABOLISM, YOU PROBABLY ARE A HARD GAINER. TRY WEIGHT GAIN/PROTEIN POWDERS WITH A HIGH %  OF PROTEIN IN THEM, YOU'LL GAIN THE SIZE. (I DID) NOW, I'M A FAT DUDE, UNFORTUNATELY!  :'(