Author Topic: Do u guys saperately work on front delts????  (Read 2097 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Do u guys saperately work on front delts????
« on: January 19, 2006, 02:12:36 AM »
Hey guys i have recentyl been trying to focus a bit more on rear delts as dont want them lagging behind.

I am happy current shoulder routine and it looks like this:
Clean and press or db press 3x8
bent over laterals 3x8
lying on incline bench handed rows (really hits rear delt) 3x8
db press or machie press (depending on exercise on),

I know pressing movements hit front delt,but alot of folks seem to have front delts alot more developewd than rear, wont this give a rounded shoulder look??

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Do u guys saperately work on front delts????
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 04:41:19 AM »
It is a goo idea to work the front delts.  They get work with pressing (Military and Incline) but front (anterior) raises are good for them as well.  The side (medial) deltoids however are a MUST DO by themselves because they really get no other work in isolation. 

So I would add 3 sets of front laterals, if you don't think you need em every week go every other.  Some upright rows would help and pressing off the front pecs when doing military presses will also bring them into play more. 

Traps Hoolihan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 07:07:22 AM »
I like underhand DB front raises to hit the Delt/Pec Tie-in!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 09:16:30 AM »
I sometimes do plate raises...but I feel front delts get enough from all teh pressing

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 09:47:05 AM »
Whenever you do the front DB raises be sure to have your fist (hand) even with the sternum.  So you will be bringing the DB over a little to make sure you are going up and down the axis of your body.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 10:35:06 AM »
Yeah, I would definitly hit some front delts like the guys have been saying.  My routine is as follows and I've been getting some great results with:

Dumbell Press ( I go 4X8-12 on mostly everything)
Front Dumbell Raises
Wide Grip Upright Rows (excellent for side or middle delts)
Bent over lateral raises
Shrugs

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 01:50:30 PM »
to hit the rear delts pretty a hard an exercise a freind showed me is as follows

*standing* take two light dumbels and start with the behind your butt.. palms facing back bring them up to your sides and as you do rotate your palms to forward in a natural motion and end with the dumbells above your head together ... its hard to explain but easier to show.. your arms dont have to b straight all the way out keep them in and just pretend to make two half circles from your rear to above your head while rotating your palms forward midway... this should feel a little weird at first but after you get the hand of it your rear delts will b on fire... kidna lean back a little bit like your hittin a back double biceps when you do this to isolate that rear delt into working and keep tension on them at all times... squeeze at top and bottom