Author Topic: Phil Heath EASILY repping out with 4 plates on each side  (Read 14728 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Phil Heath EASILY repping out with 4 plates on each side
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2014, 09:58:14 AM »
how about cable flies with 30lbs

Phil Really hates the free weights

Actually he could claim 60 pounds.  Cause he's allowed to combine the weights, since he's using both stacks at the same time.  So yeah, suddenly Phil doesn't look so weak and impotent anymore now that we're seeing some serious numbers.  Most people in my gym cannot use 60 pounds on the cable flyes, you can see Phil's functional muscle at work there.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2014, 10:03:31 AM »
no really is 4 plates a big deal on a hammer strength
i only do 2 plates for 12 reps so 4 for 12 would be impressive

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2014, 10:09:27 AM »

560 Lbs  :o :o :o

Beats by Jay: unleash the fury!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2014, 11:47:34 AM »
How much is this 240  ??? ??? ???

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2014, 11:54:44 AM »
Anything heath can do cswole can do better..cswole can do anything better than heath...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2014, 01:46:15 PM »
How much is this 240  ??? ??? ???

Looks to be 560 by my best estimation.

Anyway, has anyone considered the possibility that Phil doesn't use free weights much because he keeps BREAKING them?

I'd use machines too, if my insanely brutal training style meant I kept cracking those bars and olympic plates. 

Something to consider... I bet the "know it alls" on the message boards have never considered that possibility, have they?

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2014, 01:50:16 PM »
He's so narrow, he can't press the dumbells all the way up without them colliding. This is why he uses hammer strength.
S

whitewidow

« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2014, 11:53:29 PM »
I have seen little mark Lobliner doing the same exercise . He is doing 4 plates in this clip but I have seen him use five plates with ease. he is strong for a little dude.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »
4 plates per side on that machine is like 2 plates on an incline bb bench

shit... I was pushing 5 plates, if not 6 (as many as it held) on 100mg test/wk at a bodyweight of 230.. maybe 220 (at like 15%) a few years ago.
exactly.... too many twinks who cant lift shit.....     
a

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2014, 05:50:50 PM »
did Chris Cormier say "if you cant press 405 on the incline barbell bench you aint ever going to be shit in the pros" ???

Phil Heath said "if you cant press 4 plates on the hammer machine you aint shit hater"

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2014, 05:55:50 PM »
did Chris Cormier say "if you cant press 405 on the incline barbell bench you aint ever going to be shit in the pros" ???

Phil Heath said "if you cant press 4 plates on the hammer machine you aint shit hater"
Im strong,... but Im not in it for the strength Im trying to look better.  Don't know why there are so many haters here.   
a

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »
4 plates per side on that machine is like 2 plates on an incline bb bench

shit... I was pushing 5 plates, if not 6 (as many as it held) on 100mg test/wk at a bodyweight of 230.. maybe 220 (at like 15%) a few years ago.

I don't doubt that for a second; you're a big, strong dude as I recall, and I doubt you need much test E to lift decent weights.

However, to be fair, methinks you exaggerate the ratio a bit.  I've inclined 275 on a 45-50 degree bench for maybe 6-7 smooth reps with brief pauses on the chest, and I found that about as hard as four plates/side on the Hammer Strength Iso-Incline machine for, eh, 10-12 reps, also paused at the bottom (eh, thereabouts.  It might've been 6-8; I've always actually SUCKED on HS machines).

Whatever -- something like that.  4 plates/side is definitely harder than inclining 225 for me.  Even that clown Genova could incline 225 for 8-plus, and none of that halfway down shit, but he almost shit himself trying to break around 4 plates on the Hammer for one (only to follow with a few chickenshit half-reps). 

But on a different note, I really love that machine.  Once I can train again, I really hope to pile the weight on for a shit-ton of reps.  I only wish I had access to HS Wide Chest and some of their other chest presses, even if that "wide chest" model was a shoulder-wrecker IIRC :?:

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2014, 02:05:00 PM »
I don't doubt that for a second; you're a big, strong dude as I recall, and I doubt you need much test E to lift decent weights.

However, to be fair, methinks you exaggerate the ratio a bit.  I've inclined 275 on a 45-50 degree bench for maybe 6-7 smooth reps with brief pauses on the chest, and I found that about as hard as four plates/side on the Hammer Strength Iso-Incline machine for, eh, 10-12 reps, also paused at the bottom (eh, thereabouts.  It might've been 6-8; I've always actually SUCKED on HS machines).

Whatever -- something like that.  4 plates/side is definitely harder than inclining 225 for me.  Even that clown Genova could incline 225 for 8-plus, and none of that halfway down shit, but he almost shit himself trying to break around 4 plates on the Hammer for one (only to follow with a few chickenshit half-reps). 

But on a different note, I really love that machine.  Once I can train again, I really hope to pile the weight on for a shit-ton of reps.  I only wish I had access to HS Wide Chest and some of their other chest presses, even if that "wide chest" model was a shoulder-wrecker IIRC :?:

actually I'm not that strong in pressing mov'ts... which why I'm not impressed with a 4-5plate hammer strength press.... if I can do it, others should definitely be able to do it. lol.. especially considering the nerve damage in my chest from a broken sternum. on an 'ok' day, my working sets are 315 pressing, on a really good day it's 365, on a lazy day it's 275... surely not impressive numbers. lol

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2014, 02:43:55 PM »
Ah, I hear ya, man.

My only point was that I could BB incline well over 225 for 8-10reps when I could also struggled with 4 plates/side on the Hammer Iso-Incline for ... ??? 3-4?

I honestly can't remember, and it really doesn't matter.  Further commiserations about your nerve damage and broken sternum :(  You are one of my favorite posters, and I wouldn't wish that on ... err ... one of my least favorite posters.

Excuse myself while I go jump off the nearest cliff by myself ... :D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2014, 02:55:29 PM »
Ah, I hear ya, man.

My only point was that I could BB incline well over 225 for 8-10reps when I could also struggled with 4 plates/side on the Hammer Iso-Incline for ... ??? 3-4?

I honestly can't remember, and it really doesn't matter.  Further commiserations about your nerve damage and broken sternum :(  You are one of my favorite posters, and I wouldn't wish that on ... err ... one of my least favorite posters.

Excuse myself while I go jump off the nearest cliff by myself ... :D

freak accident from an uppercut while sparing. lol... then had me lay on my chest for xrays and shifted my ribcage about 1/2cm. if it would've shifted the other way it could've torn my heart! lol.. fucking xray techs.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2014, 02:59:13 PM »
freak accident from an uppercut while sparing. lol... then had me lay on my chest for xrays and shifted my ribcage about 1/2cm. if it would've shifted the other way it could've torn my heart! lol.. fucking xray techs.

75g's a year starting salary.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2014, 03:04:40 PM »
75g's a year starting salary.

I know.. I'm actually considering it. lol. I could be done with school for that around the same time my gf (who'll probably be wife by that time) has her MD.

can't be in the gym business forever (both legal and otherwise).

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2014, 12:07:59 AM »
I know.. I'm actually considering it. lol. I could be done with school for that around the same time my gf (who'll probably be wife by that time) has her MD.

can't be in the gym business forever (both legal and otherwise).
i thought you frowned upon working for a boss

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2014, 01:00:07 AM »
i thought you frowned upon working for a boss

depends on the situation. I don't view the medical field the same as other 'jobs'.

I'm a capitalist and entrepreneur at heart.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2014, 02:20:38 PM »

Yeow!!!!!

I know all about those techs, though Visualizeperfection makes a great point; I only wish I'd a much greater affinity for the sciences ... as-is, I'm on the fence:  do I get yet another undergrad degree just to be an entry-level public school teacher, do I pursue an MA or even dual-MA such that I might have school principal potential (maybe by the time I'm ready to retire, anyway, LOL), or do I go all-out for an M.D. in one of my BA fields?  Gah, so confusing ... and with the job market the way it is, I can't help but to wonder how well I can ride the tides of fortune either way I dive in; where they lead, no man can know.  (On top of all that shit, I have to have my colostomy procedure reversed before I make any kind of serious move.  That's on the immediate horizon, thank Crom, the Great Maker*, God and whomever else will listen to my hapless pleas ;) .)

*The Great Maker is a sci-fi reference, and a rather particular one at that.  IF someone can prove they know the reference without exercising much in the way of Google-Fu, I'll PayPal you ... uhh ... however many dollars I can spare ;)  (Seriously, even with new-found health-care coverage, I'm struggling far more than I should.)

OH!  And FWIW:  I don't mind working for a boss as such, either, even though I did very well as a freelance copy editor for various public schools, private schools, community colleges, a few universities and a LOT of PR firms who represented one or all of the above.  Working for myself was great in a lot of respects, but without very well-defined contracts ... eh.  One of my exes, still kind of a friend, has done her best to talk me out of teaching.  But a steady cheque, benefits and, depending on the school, potential for tenure?  I'm all over that shit.