Author Topic: 78% Favor Proof of Citizenship Before Being Allowed to Vote  (Read 6544 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: 78% Favor Proof of Citizenship Before Being Allowed to Vote
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 05:59:33 PM »
Blahahahahahahahahaha.

Picking cherries again are ya?

who has more credibiliy?  USA.gov or wiki

But let's take a look at some distinctions from your post:

Jag what year is it?  Is it 2009 or 2014?

Can you tell  me the distinction between 2009 and 2014?

See Jag, this is why peeps give you such a hard time.  Instead of simply just saying you were mistaken you try pass off such a dumb argument.

Grow up and own up.

And have a wonderful night.   :)

All the best!

We should have a mercy rule on the board.  lol

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 06:08:23 PM »
We should have a mercy rule on the board.  lol

Sure, but the what the hell?

When i am wrong or mistaken i have no problem admitting it.  She seems to have such a low self esteem that she can't even admit a mistake on a forum.

Part of being an adult:   Grow up and own up!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 06:11:24 PM »
Sure, but the what the hell?

When i am wrong or mistaken i have no problem admitting it.  She seems to have such a low self esteem that she can't even admit a mistake on a forum.

Part of being an adult:   Grow up and own up!

Maybe you need a 160 IQ to understand her point? 

But seriously, I agree.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 08:32:38 PM »
Blahahahahahahahahaha.

See Jag, this is why peeps give you such a hard time.  Instead of simply just saying you were mistaken you try pass off such a dumb argument.

Grow up and own up.

All the best!

Own up to what? I made no mistake. I stated fact. It isn't a requirement to vote.
I was not referring to a federal or state election, I was referring to the fact that in the USA, non citizens are able to vote in some situations. If one were to make proof of citizenship a requirement to even register to vote, you would in effect disenfranchise those who currently have the right to vote.

This is what I was referring to in PM OzmO. You jump to a conclusion, and run with it, regardless of how inaccurate it is, and you assume to know what is in someone's head, ...even when they tell you. You prefer to run with your pre-conceived ideas. You are so prejudiced that way.
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2014, 09:01:39 PM »
Own up to what? I made no mistake. I stated fact. It isn't a requirement to vote.
I was not referring to a federal or state election, I was referring to the fact that in the USA, non citizens are able to vote in some situations. If one were to make proof of citizenship a requirement to even register to vote, you would in effect disenfranchise those who currently have the right to vote.

This is what I was referring to in PM OzmO. You jump to a conclusion, and run with it, regardless of how inaccurate it is, and you assume to know what is in someone's head, ...even when they tell you. You prefer to run with your pre-conceived ideas. You are so prejudiced that way.

That's not what you said, that's not what you meant.

Every attempt has just made you look stupid.  But wait, everyone knows that already. 

Grow up and own up.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2014, 05:15:20 AM »
Be careful of this thing you call "the will of the people".

It will be a collectivist mentality that will thwart individual rights & freedoms.
It's not so noticeable when your will or desires line up with those of others, but the tyranny is laid bare should yours be of a "divergent' opinion. {pun fully intended}

You have an interesting take on what tyranny is.

So far the will of the CITIZENS has been clearly shown to be against crapcare, against amnesty, and in support for voter id laws, yet politicians, the clowninchief and even the supreme court, in some cases, have all worked together against what the people want. Is that not "tyranny" to you?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 07:46:47 AM »
24KT, you are getting destroyed in this thread.  Just admit that you were wrong.

78% Favor Proof of Citizenship Before Being Allowed to Vote
Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A federal judge last week upheld the right of states to require proof of citizenship before allowing someone to register to vote. Voters continue to overwhelmingly support such a requirement.

You're forgetting one crucial factor... citizenship is NOT a requirement to vote.

Backpedal

I was not stating that non-citizens (legal or illegal residents) have the right to vote in US Federal or State elections, however, since 1968 legal residents do have the right to vote at the local level.

I was referring to the fact that in the USA, non citizens are able to vote in some situations.

WTF?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2014, 08:38:24 AM »

So far the will of the CITIZENS has been clearly shown to be against crapcare, against amnesty, and in support for voter id laws, yet politicians, the clowninchief and even the supreme court, in some cases, have all worked together against what the people want. Is that not "tyranny" to you?

This is very true. The irony is that our current federal government is actually vastly more oppressive and out of touch than ANYTHING the british did leading up to the Revolution.
the time has clearly come to' refresh the tree of liberty'..

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 12:47:36 PM »

Of course it is, ...but it's only one form of tyranny. It exists in many forms, and the tyranny of 'democracy' as I mentioned is not always evident, ...until it is too late. aka "mob rule"
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2014, 12:56:47 PM »
24KT, you are getting destroyed in this thread.  Just admit that you were wrong.

Backpedal

WTF?

Oh F-me!!!  ::) 

You guys are all talking about state elections. I was not.

Quick question, is the voter registration process different at each level of government?
Does one register to vote at the local level, then again register to vote at the state level, and again at federal? Or does one registration sufficient? Because if one is eligible to vote (but not a citizen) then requiring proof of citizenship to even register disenfranchises eligible voters.

Then too, there would be the issue of those who would be citizens and eligible on election day, but not eligible at the cut-off time for registration. They should be able to register in advance if they will be citizens and eligible on election day.

Listen, I have no problem admitting if I'm wrong or made a mistake. I do it all the time.
I just don't feel I was wrong. I stand by my statement and above is my explanation as to why I feel the way I do. It's a difference of opinion... move on.
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2014, 01:36:43 PM »
Oh F-me!!!  ::)  

Quick question, is the voter registration process different at each level of government?
Does one register to vote at the local level, then again register to vote at the state level, and again at federal? Or does one registration sufficient? Because if one is eligible to vote (but not a citizen) then requiring proof of citizenship to even register disenfranchises eligible voters.

Then too, there would be the issue of those who would be citizens and eligible on election day, but not eligible at the cut-off time for registration. They should be able to register in advance if they will be citizens and eligible on election day.

Listen, I have no problem admitting if I'm wrong or made a mistake. I do it all the time.
I just don't feel I was wrong. I stand by my statement and above is my explanation as to why I feel the way I do. It's a difference of opinion... move on.

There is one voting registration that covers all(Federal, State, county, etc.), and it does require proof of citizenship.  Just admit you were wrong already.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »
Oh F-me!!!  ::)  

You don't know what the fuck you were talking about.

You have been back peddling this whole time.

Did you even read the article before you jammed your foot in your mouth?

You are ridiculous and pathetic and a LIAR.

to refresh your LYING ASS:

Lets take a look at another distinction shall we....... ;D

A federal judge last week upheld the right of states to require proof of citizenship before allowing someone to register to vote. Voters continue to overwhelmingly support such a requirement.

The federal judge’s ruling last week upheld laws enacted in Arizona and Kansas because federal voter registration forms do not include a proof of citizenship requirement.

http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Voting/Register.shtml

To be eligible to vote, you must be a U.S. citizen.

Obviously the article is talking about FEDERAL or STATE voting.

;D

Dam distinctions!

spank that ass.....spank that ass.....spank that ass

Then you had the retarded idea to back peddle this way:

That was my quote, and it is no back pedal. It is fact. Those pesky little things you refuse to acknowledge.

Since you previously cited wiki, I trust you accept it as substantiation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_foreigners_to_vote#United_States

United States[edit]
Main article: Right of foreigners to vote in the United States
More than 20 states or territories, including colonies before the Declaration of Independence, admitted foreigners' right to vote for all elections. As of May 2010, however, most of those foreign voting and office holding rights have been repealed and, as of 2010, no foreigner was allowed vote at the national or state level in the US, and only a handful of local governments allowed foreigners to vote. These few foreign voting rights at the local level have been granted to non-citizens by state governments from 1968 onwards.

Now kindly F-off and have a shitty night.

Thank You  :)

Blahahahahahahahahaha.

http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Voting/Register.shtml

To be eligible to vote, you must be a U.S. citizen.

That was my quote, and it is no back pedal. It is fact. Those pesky little things you refuse to acknowledge.

United States[edit]
Main article: Right of foreigners to vote in the United States
More than 20 states or territories, including colonies before the Declaration of Independence, admitted foreigners' right to vote for all elections. As of May 2010, however, most of those foreign voting and office holding rights have been repealed and, as of 2010, no foreigner was allowed vote at the national or state level in the US, and only a handful of local governments allowed foreigners to vote. These few foreign voting rights at the local level have been granted to non-citizens by state governments from 1968 onwards.

Grow up and own up.

All the best!

________________________ ________________________ _________________

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

GROW UP AND OWN UP JAG

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2014, 01:44:04 PM »
I really hope Judy (24KT/JaguarEnterprises) is not advising US foreign students, US foreign workers and US legal residents.  Otherwise she's gonna get them all arrested and deported.

Judy, you claim to be a business woman, but I definitely would not do business with a person of your character.  

You would have been much better off simply admitting that you were wrong.  You would have come off looking a lot better to everyone who reads this thread.  

Everyone makes mistakes, but I bet you blame your clients for all of your mistakes, instead of owning up and admitting to them.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2014, 07:46:26 PM »
Yo dudez, not to interrupt your gang-rape, lol, but where in the OP's posted article does it say they're only talking about state or federal elections?  Is it implied in some way that didn't jump out at me or what?  Honest question;  I just scanned it so I might have missed it, actually.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2014, 09:57:45 PM »
Just read where I bolded parts of the article in my last post.  It's obvious what the article was talking about.

Where they talking about being a citizen is a requirement when registering to vote in elections and even mentioning state and federal voting or.were they talking about local elections?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2014, 11:35:44 PM »
There is one voting registration that covers all(Federal, State, county, etc.), and it does require proof of citizenship.  Just admit you were wrong already.

That's what I thought. So I'm still confused as to why you guys keep insisting I'm wrong. Is it just because its what you want to see? I don't get it. ???  Now if there are separate registrations, then of course my opinion on the matter would perhaps be incorrect, however, when there is only ONE voter registration that covers Federal, State, County, City etc., etc., I feel that to require proof of citizenship in order to register to vote, disenfranchises those non-citizens who are indeed eligible to vote.

If you are a non-citizen legally allowed to vote, that right is effectively stripped from you if the form registering you to vote requires something you are unable to provide. As long as non-citizens are allowed to vote in some elections, I believe it is wrong to make proof of citizenship a requirement simply to register to vote.

It would be as ludicrous, and as unfair as saying Caucasians are allowed to vote, but in order to be eligible to exercise that right, they must first register, and in order to register, they must provide DNA samples from their biological African-American parents, ...but hey, Caucasians can still vote, ...as long as they register. Or another way to say it is, the legal drinking age is 21. If you're 21 or older, you are legally allowed to purchase & consume alcohol from or in a public estashblishment provided you show ID, ...however, the only valid form of identification that they will allow or accept is an AARP membership card. Do you get it now?

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2014, 12:02:23 AM »
Yo dudez, not to interrupt your gang-rape, lol, but where in the OP's posted article does it say they're only talking about state or federal elections?  Is it implied in some way that didn't jump out at me or what?  Honest question;  I just scanned it so I might have missed it, actually.

RRKore, if you read the article in its entirety, you'll see the focus of the piece is actually people's OPINIONS on the matter. It may have opened with results of a ruling from the federal bench, but the main thrust of the article is people's opinions on whether or not they support this requirement or feel it is discriminatory.

I stated my opinion and pointed out a fact which many "angry xenophobes" prefer to neglect, ...namely that citizenship is not a requirement to vote. For whatever reason the bully posse decided to declare my opinion wrong, and focus on Lord knows what...

But then again... perhaps in makes sense to those living in the Bizaroland south of our mutual border. After all, they live in a country that states they have "the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" ...while at the same time they are subject to secret laws about which they're not entitled to know, and have a President that can order them to be detained indefinitely without charges, and/or be killed. So much for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2014, 05:49:21 AM »
Be careful of this thing you call "the will of the people".

It will be a collectivist mentality that will thwart individual rights & freedoms.
It's not so noticeable when your will or desires line up with those of others, but the tyranny is laid bare should yours be of a "divergent' opinion. {pun fully intended}

Of course it is, ...but it's only one form of tyranny. It exists in many forms, and the tyranny of 'democracy' as I mentioned is not always evident, ...until it is too late. aka "mob rule"

Hey Dario, here's an article that to me is a great example of what I was refering to before when I spoke of 'the tyranny of democracy' Not everything should be based on the will of the majority, especially when that will infringe's on the individual rights of the minority. One of the biggest reasons people should seek to protect the rights of others is in order to ensure their own, ...especially after having witnessed the bullshit that went down in 2000, and the purge of eligible voters in Florida that resulted in the coup that brought the world almost 4 terms of stupid, failed Bush policies?

You’d Have Better Luck Converting Them to Become Jehovah’s Witnesses
By Nick Giambruno

I’d bet that many of you have thought about or discussed the following question: “What are the chances that the political situation might improve in the US?”

I know I have.

Unfortunately, I have long concluded that the chances are slim to none… and slim is out of town.

The reason for this is simple: a growing majority of voters in the US has deeply ingrained collectivist impulses in some fashion or another. In other words, they’re addicted to the heroin of the failed policies of the welfare, warfare, and nanny state.

Speaking of the nanny state, New York City is perhaps one of the most infamous incarnations of it. The bureaucrats in the Big Apple have a particularly strong affinity for regulating every aspect of the personal lives and businesses of its residents. It’s all done “for your own good,” of course—the standard catch-all justification for big government.

The latest example of which is Mayor Bill de Blasio’s absolutely ridiculous “Vision Zero” plan. This plan seeks to reduce traffic deaths to zero by drastically increasing police enforcement.

It’s delusional to think that fatal accidents could ever be fully eliminated, no matter how many police officers or enforcement cameras there are on the streets. It’s not unlike trying to totally eliminate bathtub falls by putting a police officer or a camera in every bathroom.

Jaywalkers in particular have been singled out for extra attention by the police in “Vision Zero.”

Consider the story of Kang Wong, an 84-year-old man who was recently stopped for jaywalking near Broadway and 96th Street at around 5 in the evening. Wong, who apparently didn’t understand what was happening or why he was being stopped, tried to walk away from the police. The situation escalated, and the police ended up arresting and bloodying him (picture below).

Few New Yorkers question why the money extracted from them via taxation—to pay for the police—didn’t instead go towards dealing with real crimes (aggressions against people and property). Nor did many question the disturbing absurdity of the bloodying of an 84-year-old man spurred by the increased enforcement of jaywalking in the name of the “Vision Zero” fantasy.

This whole ordeal underscores why I’m not particularly optimistic that a significant number of Americans will change their views on collectivism and personal freedom anytime soon.

Source: NY Post

Many have been force-fed since a young age the notion that democracy is the most sublime form of government. I believe the reality, however, is quite different—especially once a society loses respect for the rights of individual. In other words, when the majority or the collective trumps all.

Then it only takes 51% of the people to agree to restrict the rights of the rest of the 49%—which amounts to nothing more than mob rule dressed up in a suit and tie.

If 51% of the people vote to elect a guy who wants to turn their city into a police state in pursuit of the delusion of totally eliminating traffic deaths, they can. (Note: NYC mayor Bill de Blasio won in a landslide, with 73% of the vote.)

If 51% of the people vote to elect a guy who wants, in the name of the greater good, to force you to buy health insurance you don’t need or want, they can.

If 51% of the people deem it “fair” that the top income tax bracket to be 75%, then so be it. It’s already happened in France.

Or suppose that gold explodes to the upside (another way of saying the currency crashes) and 51% of the people demand, in the name of fairness, a precious metals windfall profits tax.

These are the kinds of possibilities that can occur in a democratic society with collectivist leanings.

It brings to mind the words of H.L. Mencken: “Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses.”

Granted, the US has not arrived at some of these destinations yet… though I believe we are on the path toward it—and there’s no turning back.

The reason is simple: a growing majority of Americans are financially dependent on the government.

It’s estimated that around 47% of Americans are already receiving government benefits in some way.

Here is 3 minute video on what Judge Napolitano says about the situation.

The Mises View: "Government Debt Addiction | Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

But I believe 47% is not an accurate reflection of the situation.

We also need to consider all government employees as well as those in the nominally private sector who make a living off of the warfare state—like defense and other government contractors who win huge no-bid contracts.

Those involved in the military industrial complex are living off slops at the government trough just as much, if not more than those who collect food stamps and other traditional forms of welfare. Yet they aren’t counted in the statistics. So we need to include them to get a more complete picture of who is financially dependent on the government.

Anyone who exists off of political dollars instead of free-market dollars should be counted.

When these people are included, we’re well north of 50% of the American population (a solid majority and growing) that’s financially dependent on the government in some form.

This means the US has crossed the Rubicon.

It’s not good news for those opposed to collectivism.

This built-in majority of welfare recipients and government employees guarantees that there will be a solid voting block to continue—and accelerate—these policies. It would be foolish to assume that a meaningful number of these people would vote to stop the government from giving them benefits or otherwise vote to break their own rice bowls.

The notion that a significant number of people living off of government largesse will be brought around to an individualist or libertarian way of thinking is a pipe dream.

You’d have better luck converting them to become Jehovah’s Witnesses.

In other words, there is no hope for positive change to come from the political system.

Therefore, I believe your time and energy are best spent preparing for and protecting yourself from the effects of a collectivist system that eventually collapses under its own weight… like all of them eventually do.

Once you’ve realized that it is futile to stop this collectivist tsunami, the next logical question becomes “How do I protect myself and my savings?”

The answer is: the same way you would with a regular tsunami… get out of the way!

The good news is that thanks to internationalization, you don’t have to be a passive victim.

Moving some of your savings abroad in the form of offshore bank and brokerage accounts, foreign real estate, and physical gold held in safe jurisdictions, will go a long way toward protecting yourself. Obtaining a second passport is an important part of the mix as well.

It’s not all doom and gloom; the world is your oyster, and there are very attractive jurisdictions that are cause for optimism. And that’s what International Man is all about—making the most of your personal freedom and financial opportunity around the world.

http://www.internationalman.com/articles/youd-have-better-luck-converting-them-to-become-jehovahs-witnesses

w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2014, 05:56:47 AM »
Jag, getting her ass handed to her, attempts to rebut with a wall-o-text, lol.

Typical CT'r defensive tactic.

And, pathetic.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2014, 07:54:35 AM »
Jag, getting her ass handed to her, attempts to rebut with a wall-o-text, lol.

Typical CT'r defensive tactic.

And, pathetic.

Lol yeah.  Instead of grow up and own up, she walls up and runs.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2014, 12:34:43 PM »
Lol yeah.  Instead of grow up and own up, she walls up and runs.

Better to "wall up and run" as you describe it than to make my head explode trying to understand your thinking. ::)
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2014, 03:50:26 PM »
Better to "wall up and run" as you describe it than to make my head explode trying to understand your thinking. ::)

"A federal judge last week upheld the right of states to require proof of citizenship before allowing someone to register to vote."

That's the first sentence of the article.  And it continues to talk about having to be a citizen to vote and it also talks about people's opinions on the matter.

At what point in the article do they talk about people not having to be a citizen to vote in local elections?

Do they bring up local elections in the article?

Do they talk about mostly if not entirely registering to vote and having to be a citizen?

If you weren't so wrong about what you said no one would have joined me calling you out on it.

I realize your fragile self esteem won't allow you see the truth of it.  I pity you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 12:46:01 PM »
 :-[

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2014, 03:28:01 AM »
Just read where I bolded parts of the article in my last post.  It's obvious what the article was talking about.

Where they talking about being a citizen is a requirement when registering to vote in elections and even mentioning state and federal voting or.were they talking about local elections?

You're right; It refers to federal voter registration forms. 

Anyway, informative thread.  I did not know that non-citizens are allowed to vote in some local elections.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2014, 03:38:10 AM »
It just makes sense for voting rights be available only for legal citizens.
A