Author Topic: High Volume vs HIT  (Read 4273 times)

Simple Simon

Re: High Volume vs HIT
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 06:27:56 AM »

Ok haven't done high volume since 1979. Didn't grow on it then. Stopped at 185 lbs. currently sitting at 262 lbs at 33% BF. You do the math :)

FIXED

Damios

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 06:35:45 AM »
.  To my mind thats high volume. I did legs, chest and abs yesterday. Did 2 more sets than you have listed. Total. Warmups  with lighter weights included.  Will go again in 2 to 4 days. To me thats HIT/ low volume.

Yea. I can't understand how people can train High Volume ( 20 sets+ for body part ) with drop sets, low reps ( 5-6 ) in frequency like 4on/1off... I mean High Volume and train one body party every 4/5 days... It's odds-on overtrain but people do it...

Simple Simon

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 06:37:45 AM »
I DO BOTH EACH WORKOUT

No issues then.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 06:46:44 AM »
I just do what I feel like now when I go to the gym
T

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2014, 06:58:31 AM »
FIXED
Glad you are. Would hate for you to reproduce.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:28 AM »
Glad you are. Would hate for you to reproduce.

You must be a monster at 262lbs of solid muscle.  Care to post a picture to show us what HIT can do for one's body?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:47 AM »
I just do what I feel like now when I go to the gym

I am starting to come around to this way of thinking. Today, I just did arms, even though it was a scheduled "conditioning" day.

Fuck that.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2014, 07:07:38 AM »
You must be a monster at 262lbs of solid muscle.  Care to post a picture to show us what HIT can do for one's body?
At 6'2" with big bones and 30 years of HARD training- with HRT the last 10 years and a starting weight of 185, what's the surprise?  I wouldn't bother lifting for no results.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2014, 07:10:31 AM »
At 6'2" with big bones and 30 years of HARD training- with HRT the last 10 years and a starting weight of 185, what's the surprise?  I wouldn't bother lifting for no results.

262 is quite large, unless you're 7 foot.

So is that a "no" on the photo?  Don't be shy, we give credit IF it's due

barrettaswine

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2014, 07:25:10 AM »
The best training you can do is the one you ENJOY!!!  If you don't want to spend hours in the gym, don.t. If you do, do it.  There are so many "experts" that say each one is the best way to train. I personally train HIT. MY preferrance, that's all.  Train the way you want to and you will see progress. As long as you are happy, who cares what strangers say on the internet.   Barretta

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2014, 08:20:31 AM »
Next thread will be who should have won the 1980 Olympia.

Simple Simon

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2014, 08:29:57 AM »
I am starting to come around to this way of thinking. Today, I just did arms, even though it was a scheduled "conditioning" day.

Fuck that.

Lol, conditioning day.   ;D

Do you have a rinse and a blow wave afterwards?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 08:43:05 AM »
Lol, conditioning day.   ;D

Do you have a rinse and a blow wave afterwards?

LOL. It seems so homo to write it out. I am almost afraid to mention that it frequently involves kettlebells. *Sob*.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2014, 08:49:46 AM »
I DO BOTH EACH WORKOUT

No issues then.

this

i never get the either or debate, when you can have the best of both worlds.

Simple Simon

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 08:57:43 AM »
LOL. It seems so homo to write it out. I am almost afraid to mention that it frequently involves kettlebells. *Sob*.

I train with elastic bands mate, Im not one to judge.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2014, 09:00:25 AM »
I have always being a high volume workout guy from as long as I can remember But I feel like switching it up, for you guys who have done high intensity training how do you compare the results to high volume training.

Based on the fact that Mentzer died barely over 40, and the high volume trainers mostly are still alive, I prefer volume, its great cutting too, spending long sessions in the gym lifting weight after weight feels good.
S

Damios

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2014, 10:03:26 AM »
Why we can find in the Internet 100+ Training Programms and why all of them are working? Becouse you grow or cut from food ( and maybe AAS... ), training is only fking stimulus. Train smart, harder from session to session and enjoy from it, it's enough  ???

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2014, 10:04:20 AM »
I DO BOTH EACH WORKOUT

No issues then.

Both each workout? Both High Volume and High Intensity Training(HIT)?  That's not HIT, that's

Super
High
Intensity
Training

Simple Simon

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2014, 10:14:23 AM »
Both each workout? Both High Volume and High Intensity Training(HIT)?  That's not HIT, that's

Super
High
Intensity
Training

I never count sets or reps when I go to the gym, I work the muscle to failure, I do high rep sets and low rep partials, I pre exhaust before compounds, sometimes I dont.
I have never done the same workout twice for years.

Are you saying you cant do high volume sets and low volume sets in the same workout?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2014, 10:19:15 AM »
I never count sets or reps when I go to the gym, I work the muscle to failure, I do high rep sets and low rep partials, I pre exhaust before compounds, sometimes I dont.

Are you saying you cant do high volume sets and low volume sets in the same workout?

Nah, just trolling.   :)

Good work!

Big Daddy Caine

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 10:41:31 AM »
I'm currently doing volume training myself but using the 10 sets 10 reps plan 3 days a week.

Day 1: Quads, hams & calves
Day 2: rest
Day 3: Chest, delts & tris
Day 4: rest
Day 5: Back, bis & abs
Day 6: rest
Day 7: rest

One movement per body part, and of course compound movements are best and they get the 10x10 treatment usually around 60% of your max with only a second rest. Biceps, triceps and abs 3x10 (biceps I still shoot for 10x10)
My entire leg region was killing me until today and chest, delts n tris are feeling the pain today with round three up tonight.
I like it cause I can still train for size without beating up my joints going heavy all the time, but also learning to break through the pain as the set get harder n harder. I'll be doing this for 4-6 weeks then I'll go back to my full body training.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2014, 10:54:14 AM »
The first thing to do before deciding which training method to implement,is to join a fucking gym.......on this site,that would be a rarity!  :D

PS-JUST FUCKING LIFT!!

the trainer

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2014, 11:37:23 AM »
After much thinking I decided to combine them do mid volume with higher intensity that way I get the best of both worlds.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2014, 11:37:49 AM »

This.

It's telling that it's always the experienced guys with the best pbysiques that dont follow some dogshit dogmatic approach to training.

It's picking things up and putting them down.

Damios

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2014, 11:40:41 AM »
Do You Guys think is it possible to make gains on 6 days in week lifting?   ;)

( You don't grow in the gym and other theories like this...  ::) )