Author Topic: Who had better competiton? Arnold, Haney, Yates or Coleman?  (Read 6650 times)

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
Re: Who had better competiton? Arnold, Haney, Yates or Coleman?
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 06:00:17 AM »
Lee Haney, The Righteous Hebrew rules supreme.
I would say next to Arnold he was the best  and last Bodybuilder. period.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 06:13:40 AM »
I would say next to Arnold he was the best  and last Bodybuilder. period.

For sure.  He is a great bodybuilder and a good man. 
A

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 07:17:18 PM »
Define "peak". To me, Ronnie's peak was 2001 ASC. Outside of that, I really liked his physique in 1994 and 1995, with honorable mention to 1996 when he really swole up.

As for whose life is the best, Haney's still happily married with his family intact. Arnold got caught creeping with the maid, is divorced, and has Maria bilking him for much loot (so that "bank account" thing might not as high).

Haney runs a ranch, helping underprivileged children and a health-and-fitness show that runs locally in Atlanta ("TotaLEE Fit with Lee Haney"). He's also a minister and runs a small supplement company. I'd say his life, overall, is the best. Haney had no aspirations to be an actor or superstar outside of bodybuilding.

From a worldly standpoint, it is still Arnold. And this is all about the worldly believe me. 

As to Haney's being a family man and a good guy, I am certain he is.  But I've yet to hear him admit to having been a total druggie while competing and say that what he did was wrong but then that's not likely to come from any of these guys.  Without the crap they took they would have been nothing. 

And Arnold is far better off financially than Haney, even having to pay Maria's ego.  What he did was wrong, but not deserving of so much of his earnings.  Again, this is all about the worldly aspect.  I suspect none of us to be as pure as we desire.  Nor as some might claim to be.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »
From a worldly standpoint, it is still Arnold. And this is all about the worldly believe me.  

As to Haney's being a family man and a good guy, I am certain he is.  But I've yet to hear him admit to having been a total druggie while competing and say that what he did was wrong but then that's not likely to come from any of these guys.  Without the crap they took they would have been nothing.  

And Arnold is far better off financially than Haney, even having to pay Maria's ego.  What he did was wrong, but not deserving of so much of his earnings.  Again, this is all about the worldly aspect.  I suspect none of us to be as pure as we desire.  Nor as some might claim to be.  

Even by worldly standards, if you will, I'd go with Haney. Yes, Schwarzenegger has more money. But, we've seen plenty of people with riches end up blowing their brains out (i.e. Kurt Cobain) or gulping down a peanut-butter-and-sleeping-sandwich.

Not that Arnold is anywhere near that point. But, Lee Haney isn't exactly on welfare you know. He'd be considered loaded by anyone else's standard, were you not comparing him to Arnold.

As I said, on top of his riches, Haney's family is still intact. Lee and Shirley Haney have been sweethearts since they were little. They have, by all accounts, raised good children. And, to the best of my knowledge, Haney hasn't done any dirt, as far as creeping on his wife goes. BTW, have you seen Olympia Haney? She's a beauty (she was in diapers when Lee won his last Sandow).