Author Topic: 10,000 cals a day?????  (Read 23553 times)

Simple Simon

Re: 10,000 cals a day?????
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »
Most don't go that high. Francois was one of the few that did.

Most are around the 4000-5000 mark, which is where Francois reportedly dropped his calories, once he obtained the supersize he needed.

You may remember a guy named John Parillo. He was the one who popuarlized those kind of mass-gaining diet. He's creditied with predicting that bodybuilders would one day compete at over 300 lbs, by eating such massive amounts of food, super-intense training, and some anabolic assistance.

And you know that for a fact how?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2014, 02:23:25 PM »
Anyone who eats 10,000 calories a day consistently is going to an absolute fat ass.

Zack Khan (one of the biggest BB's around), I recall once said that the 7-10,000 calorie a day diets peddled by some other BB's are total horseshit and that even during bulking, he rarely went beyond 5,000 calories.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2014, 02:25:43 PM »
And you know that for a fact how?

I find it plausible, based on my own experience. There's a big difference between how I eat now and how I ate in my early 20s. I don't need to eat 4000-5000 calories to get bigger, anymore. My caloric intake is about half of that now.

So, it's hardly a stretch to see someone like Francois, needing superhigh calories for a couple of years to gain size and strength, only to scale back once the mass is obtained.

And a number of other of our Getbig brethren (past and present) have gone through similar routes.

Believe me! If I could have broken 200 lbs back then by eating just 2000-2500 calories a day, I would have done it. I needed to eat more (and by "eat" I simply mean consume, as I drank a lot of my calories and protein); I did and I got the result I wanted.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »
Anyone who eats 10,000 calories a day consistently is going to an absolute fat ass.

Zack Khan (one of the biggest BB's around), I recall once said that the 7-10,000 calorie a day diets peddled by some other BB's are total horseshit and that even during bulking, he rarely went beyond 5,000 calories.

That's Zack Khan. Your mileage (and those of other bodybuilders) may vary.

People who don't want to eat a lot of food are going to search for every bodybuilder they can find, who says they didn't need to eat much to grow.

That's no different than those who hate cardio, citing guys like Dexter Jackson (in his younger years) who can get ripped minus the treadmill and StairMaster.

If you can put on major size on modest calories, that's good on you. But, if you can't, citing guys like Khan is basically WORTHLESS.

I discovered in my younger years that I had to go high on calories to get my bodyweight where I wanted. The fact that other guys were bigger than I was, eating less than what I needed, had no more to do with me than the price of tea in China.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2014, 03:04:19 PM »
That's Zack Khan. Your mileage (and those of other bodybuilders) may vary.

People who don't want to eat a lot of food are going to search for every bodybuilder they can find, who says they didn't need to eat much to grow.

That's no different than those who hate cardio, citing guys like Dexter Jackson (in his younger years) who can get ripped minus the treadmill and StairMaster.

If you can put on major size on modest calories, that's good on you. But, if you can't, citing guys like Khan is basically WORTHLESS.

I discovered in my younger years that I had to go high on calories to get my bodyweight where I wanted. The fact that other guys were bigger than I was, eating less than what I needed, had no more to do with me than the price of tea in China.

It may vary but I doubt it would vary to the point where you've got some BB's who consume twice the amount of calories to one of the biggest around.
Like I said, 10k calories = obesity.

So, it's hardly a stretch to see someone like Francois, needing superhigh calories for a couple of years to gain size and strength, only to scale back once the mass is obtained

If we are to believe him, wouldn't he then have lost this mass once he dropped the calories?

Believe me! If I could have broken 200 lbs back then by eating just 2000-2500 calories a day, I would have done it. I needed to eat more (and by "eat" I simply mean consume, as I drank a lot of my calories and protein); I did and I got the result I wanted.

Was the extra weight you gained lean muscle or just fat?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2014, 03:29:43 PM »
It may vary but I doubt it would vary to the point where you've got some BB's who consume twice the amount of calories to one of the biggest around.
Like I said, 10k calories = obesity.

If we are to believe him, wouldn't he then have lost this mass once he dropped the calories?

Not necessarily. It's not uncommon for people to be able to maintain weight, once they get bigger. As I said with myself, I can keep my bodyweight stable, eating far less now than I did years ago. It took higher calories (4000-5000) just to break 200 lbs.

Francois, in his prime, wasn't exactly a shrimp. Again, that's like claiming people don't need cardio, because Dexter Jackson didn't need cardio during his heyday. I don't doubt Khan can gain/keep his size on modest calories; some guys are like that. Heck, I wish I could have increased in size, eating what I eat now.

The point, of course, is to gradually increase the calories until you start gaining weight. 10,000 is a high mark.

Was the extra weight you gained lean muscle or just fat?

Both. I'd say about 60-40 to 65-35, muscle-to-fat, respectively.  It's not as if I broke out the calipers, after that semester. But, based on my strength increases and complements from friends and family, I'd say I got it right for the most part.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2014, 03:42:50 PM »
:D

Come on now.  Don`t be a moron.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/obese-starving-girl-12-denied-weight-loss-surgery-rare-illness-f2D11803240

"In Alexis’ case, the result was an immediate, unceasing weight gain even with a diet restricted to 900 to 1,400 calories a day — and with extra exercise, said Jenny Shapiro. At the same time, Alexis developed a ravenous appetite".

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2014, 03:54:46 PM »
My training partner years ago was up to 8000 calories daily for at least 4 months.  The farts and shitting in the pants from the weight gainer he was drinking got too much and i couldnt train with him anymore.  He shit himself squatting and deadlifting on two occasions and i called it a day.  Greg Kovacs claimed 10k daily but he was a monster.  I think anything near 10 for any prolonged period of time leads to permafatso creation.  I was personally up to 5000 with weight gainers years ago before i wised up and realized permabulkers ie fat fucking slobs are not attractive to anyone except degenerate faggets who love fat hairy assholes.  Where is Gal we need his thoughts on this.  

The shitting in the pants I could probably deal with and work through but once the farts started acting up I believe I would have to tone it down a bit.

Where is Gal we need his thoughts on this.  

Shoulder surgery in Dubai

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2014, 04:00:50 PM »
Not necessarily. It's not uncommon for people to be able to maintain weight, once they get bigger. As I said with myself, I can keep my bodyweight stable, eating far less now than I did years ago. It took higher calories (4000-5000) just to break 200 lbs.

This may just be an age factor though. Pretty sure metabolism slows down as you age.
However, if someone needs 10,000 calories to reach a certain weight, they'll also need the same amount of calories to maintain it, otherwise their weight will go down as the calories do.

Francois, in his prime, wasn't exactly a shrimp. Again, that's like claiming people don't need cardio, because Dexter Jackson didn't need cardio during his heyday. I don't doubt Khan can gain/keep his size on modest calories; some guys are like that. Heck, I wish I could have increased in size, eating what I eat now.

The point, of course, is to gradually increase the calories until you start gaining weight. 10,000 is a high mark.

The issue is believing what BB's say. They tend to peddle plenty of BS, whether in regards to their diet, drugs or strength.
The extra size Francois gained, was most likely down to him "upping the dose" instead of "upping the calories". Of course, he's going to peddle the latter, rather than admit to the former. :D

Both. I'd say about 60-40 to 65-35, muscle-to-fat, respectively.  It's not as if I broke out the calipers, after that semester. But, based on my strength increases and complements from friends and family, I'd say I got it right for the most part.

Using complements from family/friends isn't really an accurate measure to assuming how much muscle you put on. Heck, I got plenty of complements from my family/friends when I was at my biggest/fattest mainly because I was able to fill out XXL shirts and look physically imposing. Of course, they ignored my protruding gut and just noticed my big, bloofy arms and chest. :D
Getting down to sub 10% body fat is the only real way you can see how much lean muscle you have on your frame. Anything else is mere guess work. When I added cardio with lower calories, I got reasonably lean and was shocked on how light I became.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2014, 04:01:58 PM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/obese-starving-girl-12-denied-weight-loss-surgery-rare-illness-f2D11803240

"In Alexis’ case, the result was an immediate, unceasing weight gain even with a diet restricted to 900 to 1,400 calories a day — and with extra exercise, said Jenny Shapiro. At the same time, Alexis developed a ravenous appetite".
"a rare kind of benign brain tumor that grows near the pituitary gland and affects at most 1 child per every million each year."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2014, 04:05:32 PM »

Also, the 900-1400 calories wasn`t the issue.  That was working.  Its the fact that she kept raiding the cupboard.  900-1400 worked fine, its her ravenous appetite that did her in. 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2014, 04:21:51 PM »
Also, the 900-1400 calories wasn`t the issue.  That was working.  Its the fact that she kept raiding the cupboard.  900-1400 worked fine, its her ravenous appetite that did her in.  

Wrong it clearly states in the article that she was gaining weight on 900K per day when put on a diet. So regardless of the rarity it is possible.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2014, 04:24:45 PM »
At my biggest (420 plus) I was consuming 10,000 to 12,000 cals a day. In 2006 when I started my cut it started at 6000 cals a day.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2014, 04:27:06 PM »
This may just be an age factor though. Pretty sure metabolism slows down as you age.
However, if someone needs 10,000 calories to reach a certain weight, they'll also need the same amount of calories to maintain it, otherwise their weight will go down as the calories do.

Strange as it sounds (and I didn't believe it, until it happened to me), it's quite possible to maintain a certain weight with lower calories, once you reach that point by going high calories.

The issue is believing what BB's say. They tend to peddle plenty of BS, whether in regards to their diet, drugs or strength.
The extra size Francois gained, was most likely down to him "upping the dose" instead of "upping the calories". Of course, he's going to peddle the latter, rather than admit to the former. :D

If all it took were his "upping the dose", he would have reached his monstrous size far sooner than he did. Steroids or no steroids, you still have to pack away the food the grow. To dismiss his dietary changes by saying he took more drugs flies in the face of common sense. You've seen what Ronnie packs away; his WHOLE PLATE is covered in chicken, not just a breast or two.

I don't know of a single big man who didn't inhale calories like a Oreck vaccuum. And, at the end of the day, you took some bodybuilder's advice, kept what worked, ditched what didn't, and pressed onward.

It's no different than those who swear by Mentzer's training methods, while others believe Mentzer's routines are as worthless as confederate cash.

Using complements from family/friends isn't really an accurate measure to assuming how much muscle you put on. Heck, I got plenty of complements from my family/friends when I was at my biggest/fattest mainly because I was able to fill out XXL shirts and look physically imposing. Of course, they ignored my protruding gut and just noticed my big, bloofy arms and chest. :D
Getting down to sub 10% body fat is the only real way you can see how much lean muscle you have on your frame. Anything else is mere guess work. When I added cardio with lower calories, I got reasonably lean and was shocked on how light I became.

I'll have to disagree with you on that one. Unless you're competing or doing a photo shoot, there's no need to go sub-10 percent. I didn't just use compliments from my family and friends (Granted, they hadn't seen me in months). Repping with weights that I couldn't even budge was another indicator.

Heck, when I got home, the first thing that went flying out of some of their mouths is whether I WAS USING STEROIDS. I'm thinking to myself, "Are you kidding? I can barely afford Mega Mass and this cheap GNC Challenge protein powder! Where the HECK am I going to get steroids?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2014, 04:28:25 PM »
Most obese people, strangely enough, don't eat that much at all. They drop their calories so low that their metabolism slows. Then they get tired of eating rabbit food. When they go back to their 'regular' eating habits, they're now burning fewer calories at rest. So, they can fatten up with 1500 calories or so, especially if it's loaded with fat and carbs they aren't burning.

I don't mean to be rude but none of this is accurate at all.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2014, 04:30:03 PM »
any kind of food, Im not talking about doing it for a day, I mean consistently over a period of time.

i did it.

over a decade ago- to win bets.

i put on 66 pounds in 66 days. i was previously my heaviest about 270. i got to 312.

it was over a decade ago but i remember everything i ate every day- trust me you dont forget when thats all you do.

4 liters chocolate milke a day
2 lbs boneless skinless breast
1 lb red meat
6 small yogurt
6 bananas
2 pita shells
1/3lb cheese
1 box kraft dinner.

i didnt eat ice cream or other junk cals. once a week we'd go for all you can eat fajitas. i was pretty dedicated back then. i had the winter off and thats all i did was train and eat. living the dream. i was spending $35 a week on milk alone.

oh ya- i got plenty fat.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2014, 04:35:39 PM »

lemme see if i can find a pic.
b

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2014, 04:39:07 PM »
I don't mean to be rude but none of this is accurate at all.

Disagreeing is hardly being rude. But, considering that we have an obesity problem in America, despite caloric intake being an average of 2000 calories per day, I'll stand by my initial statement.

Some folks here are acting as if the majority of obese people are inhaling everything that isn't nailed down. Many of us have friends/family with weight problems and you know they don't eat nearly as much as you do.

That's why you'll often hear that men shouldn't drop below 1500 calories, when trying to lose weight (for women it's around 1200). Otherwise, the aforementioned scenario of a slowing metabolism occurs.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2014, 04:41:37 PM »
Wrong it clearly states in the article that she was gaining weight on 900K per day when put on a diet. So regardless of the rarity it is possible.
It doesn`t.  It says they put her on the diet and then she proceeded to raid the cupboards, thus gaining the weight and therefore they had to pad lock it.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2014, 04:48:59 PM »
i did it.

over a decade ago- to win bets.

i put on 66 pounds in 66 days. i was previously my heaviest about 270. i got to 312.

it was over a decade ago but i remember everything i ate every day- trust me you dont forget when thats all you do.

4 liters chocolate milke a day
2 lbs boneless skinless breast
1 lb red meat
6 small yogurt
6 bananas
2 pita shells
1/3lb cheese
1 box kraft dinner.

i didnt eat ice cream or other junk cals. once a week we'd go for all you can eat fajitas. i was pretty dedicated back then. i had the winter off and thats all i did was train and eat. living the dream. i was spending $35 a week on milk alone.

oh ya- i got plenty fat.

Epic turds of peace.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2014, 04:51:15 PM »

Epic turds of peace.

epic sweat all the time of peace, epic put feet on coffee table to put socks on of peace, epic walk up a flight of stairs and be winded of peace. looking back it was epically dumb.
b

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2014, 04:52:02 PM »
The trainer mass shake

2 cups of oatmeal 316 calories
2 tablespoon of olive oil 1768 calories
2 scoops of whey protein  240 calories
1 banana  89 calories
1 whole egg 52 calories
2 table spoon of honey 128 calories

put in blender and mix then drink it down for a whopping 2,593 calories drink it twice a day you will get an extra 5186 calories.

2 tbsp of olive oil is about 240 calories.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2014, 04:56:08 PM »
I could tuck that much food away in a day no problem. Would regularly eat 20" pizzas in one go after having 15 pints of beer at one stage. And that's after a day of regular permabulker eating. 1 pint = 200 cals approx so 3000 cals from beer and easy 3500 from pizza (prob more given smoky bacon and "chicken" toppings).

Given I took a lot of E at the time I'd often go 1 or 2 days a week without any food so it evened out to a normal permabulk.

Ate at an Indian restaurant last night, had to be 3000 cals min. Giant portions, fatty lamb and duck, lots of sauces, choc cake and couple of bottles of wine. 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2014, 04:59:18 PM »
2 tbsp of olive oil is about 240 calories.

He's a bit dumb.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2014, 05:01:23 PM »
@2:30

Scot is like 330 with abs...Claims 12,000 cals a day