Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie worst opening ever  (Read 9084 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie worst opening ever
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2014, 01:20:28 PM »
I don't care what anyone says tom cruise is a great actor. Been able to survive the 80's, 90's, and 2000's is no easy feat, despite his lunatic behavior years back

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
his movies don't make as *much*, but they're still profitable.

last stand was crap as a movie...  it's made $120 mil so far... it only cost $45 mil to make.  

He's still tripling their investment.  So what he throws a stinker from time to time.  At absolute WORST, they break even... and really, I'd be shocked to see the last arnold movie that LOST money when all was said and done.  Overseas, it's sitll arnold and it's still selling.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »
Is Arnold done with making movies?

Yes, I think so. He looks and acts like an old man. He has lost the cocky confidence he had in his prime and has become slow in mind and action.

NN

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2014, 01:32:23 PM »
Needs to take a cue from Clint Eastwood

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2014, 07:21:22 PM »
You guys are not looking at the big picture action movies are just not making money anymore like they use to no matter who the actor is, kids coming up now are sissies they just want to see twinks in costume trying to act tough the world has changed.
Good point.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »
WHAT IS THE ULMER SCALE?
The Ulmer Scale is the film industry's premier series of powerbases for tracking, measuring and ranking the star power of more than 1,400 actors worldwide. Polling dozens of leading deal-makers from Hollywood and key international territories, the Scale uses a 100-point ranking system to measure bankability, the key component of star power. Bankability is the degree to which an actor's name alone can raise 100% or majority financing up-front for a film. Often it is the most critical factor in determining whether an actor is hired for a project. The Ulmer Scale tracks it exclusively for all three film budget levels: art house, mid-range and studio-level features.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's ranking: 98

Which means that film financiers stand a 98 percent chance of recouping their investment in worldwide upfront sales before a single frame of a movie is even shot.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
So silly to watch an old man playing an action hero. Arnold will never regain what he once had,be it his muscles or his command at the box office. All he had to offer the action genre was his goofy accent, his one liners and of course his muscle. Well, the muscles are gone,his accent and his one liners are old hat and very boring. Watching him on late night doing the chopper skit with jimmy Fallon was a sad sight to see. Stop using lines from 30 year old movies it's lame. It's like the scene with Adam Sandler going back to school dressing like the 1980s with same car and music,and every one at the school thinks he's a loser.
h

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »
Arnie may be finished, but I really didn't think Escape Plan was a bad movie.

I just saw this movie. I thought it was really good. Yeah both stars looked old but they carried the action.  Plot was pretty clever.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2014, 11:26:08 PM »
the last stand did 48 mill world wide

stallone is the draw in escape plan

arnie is finished
Stallone's "Bullet to the head"and "Grudge match"were even bigger failures than "The last stand".

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2014, 11:40:25 PM »
Needs to take a cue from Clint Eastwood

Please don't mention Clint in an Arnold thread. Arnold blew shit up in a few overrated popcorn flicks. Clint, on the other hand, is a cinematic GOD.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2014, 11:55:58 PM »
You bring up a good point. With the advent of big screen tv's, HD, and surround sound, movie theatres will go the way of the video game arcades.

They are becoming obsolete.

You forgot Mexicans with boot leg DVDs for sale out side the taqueria :D

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2014, 12:46:31 AM »
Please don't mention Clint in an Arnold thread. Arnold blew shit up in a few overrated popcorn flicks. Clint, on the other hand, is a cinematic GOD.

Yes but when Eastwood aged he went into a different direction on the kind of films he was making,  Arnold should do the same thing

It's like Eastwood coming back to do Dirty Harry 2 at his current age, not believable at all...

No comparison but Arnold should get a clue but hey, he's still making good money worldwide on his films

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2014, 03:01:13 AM »
Clint Eastwood ,Connery ,Harrison Ford, even Stallone have acting skills . Arnold unfortunately doesn't .
With his body gone he has nothing to show. Plus all the American females hate him after what he did to Maria!
He will do ok in Europe. But Europe is no USA!  Its over for him. I truly don't think he will make a come back !!
It sucks big time getting old !

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2014, 06:26:15 AM »
Clint Eastwood ,Connery ,Harrison Ford, even Stallone have acting skills . Arnold unfortunately doesn't .
With his body gone he has nothing to show. Plus all the American females hate him after what he did to Maria the maid!
He will do ok in Europe. But Europe is no USA!  Its over for him. I truly don't think he will make a come back !!

Fixed.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2014, 06:48:05 AM »
he should do comedies
T

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2014, 02:58:45 PM »
WHAT IS THE ULMER SCALE?
The Ulmer Scale is the film industry's premier series of powerbases for tracking, measuring and ranking the star power of more than 1,400 actors worldwide. Polling dozens of leading deal-makers from Hollywood and key international territories, the Scale uses a 100-point ranking system to measure bankability, the key component of star power. Bankability is the degree to which an actor's name alone can raise 100% or majority financing up-front for a film. Often it is the most critical factor in determining whether an actor is hired for a project. The Ulmer Scale tracks it exclusively for all three film budget levels: art house, mid-range and studio-level features.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's ranking: 98

Which means that film financiers stand a 98 percent chance of recouping their investment in worldwide upfront sales before a single frame of a movie is even shot.

THIS is all that matters.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2014, 03:09:52 PM »
Yes but when Eastwood aged he went into a different direction on the kind of films he was making,  Arnold should do the same thing

It's like Eastwood coming back to do Dirty Harry 2 at his current age, not believable at all...

No comparison but Arnold should get a clue but hey, he's still making good money worldwide on his films

I watched UNFORGIVEN on cable again yesterday for the 50th time... what a great movie.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2014, 03:13:28 PM »
Schwarzeneggers biggest concern is that his exoskeleton is moulting. No amount of muscle can make up for that. No amount of $ or box office can bring back your height and facial structure..at least in 2014.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2014, 03:52:36 PM »
With his body gone he has nothing to show. Plus all the American females hate him after what he did to Maria!

I wouldn't put Stallone in there , he is so so imo horrible

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2014, 03:53:52 PM »
Stallone's "Bullet to the head"and "Grudge match"were even bigger failures than "The last stand".

Grudge match did well internationally and cost 35-40M to make.
Bullet to the head failed everywhere.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2014, 03:54:33 PM »
I wouldn't put Stallone in there , he is so so imo horrible

unless he plays Rambo or Rocky he looks out of place.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »
isn't "Terminator 4: Grandpa forgot to wear Depends" coming out soon?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2014, 03:59:30 PM »
unless he plays Rambo or Rocky he looks out of place.

Great in "Copland."

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2014, 04:03:10 PM »
Great in "Copland."

Yes. Stallone is a talented guy. He wrote a movie that was nominated for 10 Academy awards and won 3. He's stellar as stellar goes.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2014, 04:10:01 PM »
Yes. Stallone is a talented guy. He wrote a movie that was nominated for 10 Academy awards and won 3. He's stellar as stellar goes.

I think he's talented as well.