Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie worst opening ever  (Read 9088 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie worst opening ever
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2014, 04:10:24 PM »
Great in "Copland."

Awesome in Copland.
I cringe when I watch expendables 2 when he start his dialogue.
I liked Demolition Man but his acting was mehhh.. Lock up was Ok.

he always feels the need to raise his voice cause of the way he speaks and its never sounds natural.

in Rocky/Rambo he barely spoke, except for the ending of first blood which I loved his speech. I didn't like the Rambo 2 ending speech.
Cobra he was OK he never raised his voice, I think its as he gets older he feels he has to convey to cameras.

nevertheless I love the guy.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2014, 04:14:52 PM »
This was a classic scene in Rocky 6. Maybe overall Rocky 6 was not a classic movie but this scene was:

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2014, 04:15:49 PM »
Awesome in Copland.
I cringe when I watch expendables 2 when he start his dialogue.
I liked Demolition Man but his acting was mehhh.. Lock up was Ok.

he always feels the need to raise his voice cause of the way he speaks and its never sounds natural.

in Rocky/Rambo he barely spoke, except for the ending of first blood which I loved his speech. I didn't like the Rambo 2 ending speech.
Cobra he was OK he never raised his voice, I think its as he gets older he feels he has to convey to cameras.

nevertheless I love the guy.

I really don't like 90% of the crap he's done, but I still think he can be good. He just keeps choosing shit roles. Maybe that's all he's offered or what he expects audiences want to see. It would make sense, I guess.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2014, 04:20:47 PM »
poor arnold, and he made his rounds, he was promoting the shit out of it, was everywhere.

that fat tamale torta he fucked really fucked his shit up

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2014, 04:24:35 PM »
I really don't like 90% of the crap he's done, but I still think he can be good. He just keeps choosing shit roles. Maybe that's all he's offered or what he expects audiences want to see. It would make sense, I guess.

I love Stallone, so im biased, but I know a lot of people share your opinion, which I respect.
he motivated me a lot when I was younger, so its hard to bash him.
Stallone even hates his own performances, he says it himself in interviews, he may never be a huge US box office draw but in Europe, Middle east, south America even Australia he is loved..except for Escaple plan which went straight to DVD..I l enjoyed that movie, internationally it did well.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2014, 04:35:39 PM »
I love Stallone, so im biased, but I know a lot of people share your opinion, which I respect.
he motivated me a lot when I was younger, so its hard to bash him.
Stallone even hates his own performances, he says it himself in interviews, he may never be a huge US box office draw but in Europe, Middle east, south America even Australia he is loved..except for Escaple plan which went straight to DVD..I l enjoyed that movie, internationally it did well.

Movie makers are increasingly trying to appeal to the overseas market, particularly China. They actually cater movie themes and dialouge to that audience. Stallone's Bullet to The Head was TEDIOUS in my opinion but it probably made money overseas.

Even movies like The Avengers change/cater their scripts towards Asian audiences. It is a newer trend and why some of the 'cheesier' movies(in US mindset) can even be made.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2014, 04:42:51 PM »
There are many teenagers today that don't have a clue who Arnold Schwarzenegger is. I guess Arnold doesn't believe that its better to burn out then fade away :-\

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2014, 04:47:06 PM »
truth is, blame it on HDTV and BLU-Rays

who the fuck wants to drop all that cash for 2 hours of maybe ill enjoy it maybe its a piss in the toilet

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2014, 05:07:43 PM »
truth is, blame it on HDTV and BLU-Rays

who the fuck wants to drop all that cash for 2 hours of maybe ill enjoy it maybe its a piss in the toilet
just pirate bay it. seriously. I only watch movie if i'm convinced its going to be good.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »
"The big money for Arnold is made back on DVD sales overseas," says casting director Bonnie Gillespie, author of "Self-Management for Actors." "He's untouchable."

Although underperforming at the U.S. box office - debuting at number four on the box office chart with $9,885,732 from 2,883 theaters and ultimately grossing only $25,132,228 domestically, Escape Plan was an international box-office success - debuting at first place in several Asian and European markets, with the total international gross more than doubling its $50 million budget at $112,192,336, totaling up to a worldwide gross of $137,324,564.

He still makes the movie studios money. Movie studios like making money

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2014, 05:41:38 PM »
the only shit that makes money in the theater nowadays is kids movies, cartoons is where the money is at in theaters nowadays

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2014, 05:42:24 PM »
"The big money for Arnold is made back on DVD sales overseas," says casting director Bonnie Gillespie, author of "Self-Management for Actors." "He's untouchable."

Although underperforming at the U.S. box office - debuting at number four on the box office chart with $9,885,732 from 2,883 theaters and ultimately grossing only $25,132,228 domestically, Escape Plan was an international box-office success - debuting at first place in several Asian and European markets, with the total international gross more than doubling its $50 million budget at $112,192,336, totaling up to a worldwide gross of $137,324,564.

He still makes the movie studios money. Movie studios like making money
it depends how much the distributors paid the studios isn't it?
I always thought the stuidos sold the movie to US and international distributors and the distributors had to market the movie and the rest of that.
I think sly and Arnold never lose, they still get paid.
EXpendables 3 will make a killing.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2014, 05:43:39 PM »
poor arnold, and he made his rounds, he was promoting the shit out of it, was everywhere.

that fat tamale torta he fucked really fucked his shit up
Yep, she really did! She must be very proud of herself. She ruined Master Arnolds marriage and movie carrier with her fat Mexican ass!
 Damn that must blow big time..

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2014, 05:48:55 PM »
I watched UNFORGIVEN on cable again yesterday for the 50th time... what a great movie.

One of the best ever. Clint did this after he was 1000years old. Arnolds only a hundred and fucking sucks..

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2014, 05:57:05 PM »
I think Arnold should do Red Heat sequel. With Belushi 30 years later. At least it would be realistic. Now that they are both old and have Alzheimer's!
 Its my fav. Arnold movie by the way.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2014, 06:01:51 PM »
it depends how much the distributors paid the studios isn't it?
I always thought the stuidos sold the movie to US and international distributors and the distributors had to market the movie and the rest of that.
I think sly and Arnold never lose, they still get paid.
EXpendables 3 will make a killing.

Studios typically take in about 40% of the revenue from overseas releases. For major US studios a movie breaks even if it makes twice its production budget worldwide.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2014, 03:10:42 AM »
Sure they always make money! But for Arnold not to be on top is big deal! He is used to be Numero Uno!! This is very hard on his ego! That's why he is only 5'8" now.  He is shrinking literally! In his mind nd everyone elses he is done with! he cant show any success! But  next to Ralf Moller he still looks good!!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2014, 03:54:22 AM »
Sure they always make money! But for Arnold not to be on top is big deal! He is used to be Numero Uno!! This is very hard on his ego! That's why he is only 5'8" now.  He is shrinking literally! In his mind nd everyone elses he is done with! he cant show any success! But  next to Ralf Moller he still looks good!!

he is not that dumb, he knows his kids don't even watch his new flicks.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2014, 04:57:36 AM »
the only shit that makes money in the theater nowadays is kids movies, cartoons is where the money is at in theaters nowadays

The home experience, bigger, better tvs and sound systems, has gotten better. The theatre experience, endless previews and morons babbling on cellphones, has gotten worse.

Movie theaters are on the verge of becoming relics of the past. They won't be missed.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2014, 05:11:39 AM »
Like a lot of men, marriage ruined Arnold.  He should have never married in the first place.
V

Simple Simon

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2014, 05:14:10 AM »
Like a lot of men, marriage ruined Arnold.  He should have never married in the first place.
Lol, that marriage got him into places he wouldnt have got without it.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2014, 05:20:36 AM »
Lol, that marriage got him into places he wouldnt have got without it.
Places he didn't belong.  Arnold's life was the ultimate bachelor lifestyle until he married Maria.  He then lost his way, this is why he has returned to movies and where he left of. 
V

Simple Simon

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2014, 05:41:12 AM »
Places he didn't belong.  Arnold's life was the ultimate bachelor lifestyle until he married Maria.  He then lost his way, this is why he has returned to movies and where he left of. 
Regardless of him "belonging" he got there because of his marriage, stop throweing daft strawman arguments into the mix, theres no need.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2014, 06:14:55 AM »
Regardless of him "belonging" he got there because of his marriage, stop throweing daft strawman arguments into the mix, theres no need.

Ekul is getbig's "special" little guy.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2014, 06:40:36 AM »
Yes but when Eastwood aged he went into a different direction on the kind of films he was making,  Arnold should do the same thing

It's like Eastwood coming back to do Dirty Harry 2 at his current age, not believable at all...

No comparison but Arnold should get a clue but hey, he's still making good money worldwide on his films

x2,eastwood acting is not that good maybe only 4/10 but he's in the right movies and he can direct award winning films
T