Author Topic: Eating Back Calories Burned  (Read 3501 times)

ismoseppo

Eating Back Calories Burned
« on: April 01, 2014, 02:06:40 PM »
this seems to be a divided issue on message boards i read

i entered my stats into the website i am on and in order to lose 2 pounds a week it gave me a calorie need of 2020/day. Now being that it has already put me in a calorie deficit saying i will lose 2 lbs per week at that calorie intake and based on normal day to day activity, if i go out and do strenuous exercise (lol ya right) do i eat back those calories burnt, or a portion of them? Since the site already has me in a defecit and is not accounting for calories burned with exercise

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Eating Back Calories Burned
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 02:08:34 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 02:09:26 PM »
I already told you what to do.  Problem is, you do not want to listen to anything.

You have trouble focusing and sticking to anything it seems.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 02:10:14 PM »
He is going to eat his calories back. HAHHAHHAAH

Thats what fat people do.  Reward themselves after exercise, thinking they can eat that.

Simple Simon

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »
I already told you what to do.  Problem is, you do not want to listen to anything.

You have trouble focusing and sticking to anything it seems.
the guys bi-polar you dumb fuck.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 02:14:34 PM »
the guys bi-polar you dumb fuck.
So.  Thats just an excuse.  He is engaging in circular insanity, a never-ending feedback loop with his diet ramblings. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »
So.  Thats just an excuse.  He is engaging in circular insanity, a never-ending feedback loop with his diet ramblings. 
that is typically what people with some mental issues do, yes. Same thing with drug addiction. The brain creates a circular logic loop designed to make doing drugs justifiable.

Simple Simon

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 02:21:03 PM »
Yes, it a bit like repeating the same old mantra about a diet and posting 6 year old pictures to prove a point.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 02:25:27 PM »

i entered my stats into the website i am on and in order to lose 2 pounds a week it gave me a calorie need of 2020/day. Now being that it has already put me in a calorie deficit saying i will lose 2 lbs per week at that calorie intake and based on normal day to day activity, if i go out and do strenuous exercise (lol ya right) do i eat back those calories burnt, or a portion of them? Since the site already has me in a defecit and is not accounting for calories burned with exercise
come on dude

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 02:30:21 PM »
Yes, it a bit like repeating the same old mantra about a diet and posting 6 year old pictures to prove a point.
But I posted a new one today.  Just wait until 5 years from now.  Should be a good one.  Maybe you get to see my other arm.

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 02:31:16 PM »
But I posted a new one today.  Just wait until 5 years from now.  Should be a good one.  Maybe you get to see my other arm.
I predict you will look the same or worse.

Sucks to be natty.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 02:32:10 PM »
I predict you will look the same or worse.

Sucks to be natty.
Natty>roids.

You don`t have to worry about killing yourself and feeling like shit.

Simple Simon

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 02:34:05 PM »
Natty>roids.

You don`t have to worry about killing yourself and feeling like shit.
We all die and I never feel like shit.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 02:38:20 PM »

this is a miserable trap you are not the only one who fall for it

any time you make a deficit you automatically lose musclemass/metabolism

all you can really do is shuffle the food around in a bit in a way to make you cool and energetic in the summer and warm and cozy energitic in the winter

basicaly 2 diets for 2 seasons
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 02:41:02 PM »
this is a miserable trap you are not the only one who fall for it

any time you make a deficit you automatically lose musclemass/metabolism

all you can really do is shuffle the food around in a bit in a way to make you cool and energetic in the summer and warm and cozy energitic in the winter

basicaly 2 diets for 2 seasons

Struth….. ::)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 03:49:43 PM »
Josh if you are like me and have zero metabolism then 2,020 calories without intense exercise you will not lose weight. Just my .02.

ismoseppo

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 04:04:54 PM »
Josh if you are like me and have zero metabolism then 2,020 calories without intense exercise you will not lose weight. Just my .02.

why do you think im doing no exercise
on the contrary i am--dont think sternuous is the operative word though

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 04:20:14 PM »

You just mentioned normal day to day activity so i was thrown off. Weight loss is possible without exercise (not sure why someone would go that route) but for those with slow metabolizes the calories need to be way lower than 2000 IMO.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 04:20:45 PM »
You aren`t lifting any weights or anything like that though.  That would be the very best thing you could do.  Even bodyweight exercises.

ismoseppo

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 04:26:33 PM »
You just mentioned normal day to day activity so i was thrown off. Weight loss is possible without exercise (not sure why someone would go that route) but for those with slow metabolizes the calories need to be way lower than 2000 IMO.

oh ya i was just saying the site starts my calories at 2020 based on normal activity
i am doing the exercise---just cardio--super fast walk combined with intermittent jog

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 04:45:46 PM »
isnt it hard for french canadians to diet in that shitty weather?
A

the trainer

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 05:08:30 PM »

Eat low calorie and  low glycemic foods you will feel full and eat less, some people on this board try to turn dieting into brain surgery when its really simple.

ismoseppo

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 05:10:46 PM »
isnt it hard for french canadians to diet in that shitty weather?

whos french canadian?

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 05:26:53 PM »
You need to stay off My Fatness Pal, homie.

That 'eating back calories' is fucking retarded. I do 500 cals worth of deficit cardio because I want to lose weight , not eat a cheeseburger. Might as well just not bother dieting in the first place.

Not to mention the cal burn from cardio is in reality much lower than the machines report, so you can overeat and end up fatter

notice all the middle aged women fitness experts on MFP preaching 'eat back your calories' look like a sack of wobbly dog shit?

ismoseppo

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 05:29:09 PM »
You need to stay off My Fatness Pal, homie.

That 'eating back calories' is fucking retarded. I do 500 cals worth of deficit cardio because I want to lose weight , not eat a cheeseburger. Might as well just not bother dieting in the first place.

Not to mention the cal burn from cardio is in reality much lower than the machines report, so you can overeat and end up fatter

notice all the middle aged women fitness experts on MFP preaching 'eat back your calories' look like a sack of wobbly dog shit?

can you direct me to a good site---i like keeping track of shit

how surprising that a site adonis sent me to sucks--me thinks his only goal was to sabotage me the whole time

anyways,.. good site?