Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 💪Muscle gallery  (Read 2074780 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - Muscle gallery
« Reply #1400 on: February 04, 2015, 02:22:01 AM »
Good point about Robby, I didn't knew that. Regarding Serge, like I said "I can't say it from year to year", since I wasn't following BB at the age of 0-3 ;)
They all have their flaws, and so did Arnold; shape & proportion wise. I consider Arnold's mass & stage confidence as his strongest points, but both Serge & Robby were in much better conditioning. Frank as well, of course, but I don't like his physique at all.

I never heard of Arnold until PI came out in 1977. But with the net I can look back at all of Arnold's wins and compare him to those that competed against him. I think his greatest competition was Oliva who was more superior genetically than Arnold but he couldn't match Arnold's conditioning which ironically really wasn't Arnold's strong point. I think Serge Nubret had a better upper body from the front especially his abs which was one of Arnold's weak points. Arnold seem to have been born with just the two top upper rows. But Serge's legs, and especially his calves, were just way to light to match his upper body.

Comparison pics from various stages in their career with 1975 being the last time they competed against each other. (Remember, Serge was also alot older than Arnold and in the first pic Arnold is 19 and Serge is 31).

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1401 on: February 04, 2015, 02:49:40 AM »
Arnold did have some flaws, especially by today's standards. Compared to bbers today Arnold's quads and delts are nonexistent.
But in his era nobody except Oliva was in his league. Ferrigno could have surpassed him as he seemed like a bigger taller version than Arnold except with better quads. Like Arnold, Louie had those massive pecs that seems to be missing in today's bbers. If Ferrigno didn't do the smart thing and stuck to bodybuilding and gave himself more time to mature,he was only 22 years old in '75, he would have dominated the Franco/Zane era as well as making short work of Dickerson and even Samir.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #1402 on: February 04, 2015, 04:12:45 AM »
Arnold had did have some flaws, especially by today's standards. Compared to bbers today Arnold's quads and delts are nonexistent.
But in his era nobody except Oliva was in his league. Ferrigno could have surpassed him as he seemed like a bigger taller version than Arnold except with better quads. Like Arnold, Louie had those massive pecs that seem to be missing in today's bbers. If Ferrigno didn't do the smart thing and stuck to bodybuilding and gave himself more time to mature he would have dominated the Franco/Zane era as well as making short work of Dickerson and even Samir.

Arnold retired at 28 . . . would have wiped his ass with Louie and all for another decade had he chose.

THE BEEF

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1403 on: February 04, 2015, 04:22:46 AM »
I never heard of Arnold until PI came out in 1977. But with the net I can look back at all of Arnold's win and compare him to those that competed against him. I think his greatest competition was Oliva who was more superior genetically than Arnold. But he couldn't match Arnold's conditioning which ironically really wasn't Arnold's strong point. I think Serge Nubret had a better upper body from the front especially his abs which was one of Arnold's weak point. Arnold seem to have been born with just the two top upper rows. But Sege's legs, and especially his calves, were just way to light to match his upper body.

Comparison pics from various stages in their career with 1975 being the last time they competed against each other. (Remember, Serge was also alot older than Arnold and in the first pic Arnold is 19 and Serge is 31).

Serge was in his 20s in that picture.

Wooosshhhhhhh

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1404 on: February 04, 2015, 05:07:19 AM »
Serge was in his 20s in that picture.

Wooosshhhhhhh

In PI  Serge was introduced as being 40 years old. He was no less than 10 years older than Arnold. If Serge was in his twenties Arnold had to be in his early teens.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1405 on: February 04, 2015, 06:33:35 AM »
I believe that pic was taken at the 1966 Nabba Mr. Universe when Arnold was 19 years old. If Serge Nubret was 41 years old in '75, as he was introduced in "Pumping Iron", then he would have been 33 in 1966.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1406 on: February 04, 2015, 06:39:04 AM »
I believe that pic was taken at the 1966 Nabba Mr. Universe when Arnold was 19 years old. If Serge Nubret was 41 years old in '75, as he was introduced in "Pumping Iron", then he would have been 33 in 1966.

Serge himself told me that everything about him in Pumping Iron was a lie , including his age.

WoooSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1407 on: February 04, 2015, 07:16:08 AM »
According to musclememory Serge was born in 1938 so would have been 37 in the 75 Olympia.
Robby won his class in the universe in 75,then the overall in 76,beat Mentzer in his class,then in 77 won the heavy class in the olympia and placed 2nd overall to Zane.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #1408 on: February 04, 2015, 12:53:04 PM »
hard to believe he's been gone 4 years already.
imdb and wikipedia both have him as born in 1938

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1409 on: February 05, 2015, 03:41:34 AM »
Arnold age 22 !

Wooosshhhhhh

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1410 on: February 05, 2015, 04:26:34 AM »
Arnold got some help in 75 according to Serge Nubret. He was told he couldn't complete so stopped training, etc., and lost 12 solid pounds.

At the last minute he was allowed to compete. Gotta love the IFBB.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/weik79.htm

afton

• Getbig II
« Reply #1411 on: February 05, 2015, 04:41:51 AM »
Arnold Schwarzenegger looks wonderful!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #1412 on: February 05, 2015, 12:05:44 PM »

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #1413 on: February 05, 2015, 01:23:07 PM »
Was gonna say I can't imagine him deliberately attacking Arnold as they've always had a good relationship/respect for each other.

I have the book Arnold Schwarzenegger:A Portrait and it's great.  I bought it many years ago when it was much tougher to track down a book that was out of print.  My only gripe is that quite a bit of the photos were from 1980 and he didn't include as many earlier pics when Arnold was at his best.

Butler didn't come out and attack Arnold in the book but he put in some subtle things that were less than flattering.  I'm certain that this was no accident.  He comes off like a guy that's a little bitter that Arnold moved on and kind of left him behind.  Also, his post-Pumping Iron projects weren't commercially successful.  Is that a factor?  Maybe.

kepler2008

• Getbig III
« Reply #1414 on: February 05, 2015, 01:39:34 PM »

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #1415 on: February 06, 2015, 12:43:32 PM »
I think a lot of people get bitter Arnold left them behind. Louie one of them but would never admit it.

I have the book Arnold Schwarzenegger:A Portrait and it's great.  I bought it many years ago when it was much tougher to track down a book that was out of print.  My only gripe is that quite a bit of the photos were from 1980 and he didn't include as many earlier pics when Arnold was at his best.

Butler didn't come out and attack Arnold in the book but he put in some subtle things that were less than flattering.  I'm certain that this was no accident.  He comes off like a guy that's a little bitter that Arnold moved on and kind of left him behind.  Also, his post-Pumping Iron projects weren't commercially successful.  Is that a factor?  Maybe.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1416 on: February 06, 2015, 01:52:06 PM »
 ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1417 on: February 06, 2015, 01:55:33 PM »
 :o

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1418 on: February 06, 2015, 02:01:28 PM »
 :)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1419 on: February 06, 2015, 02:04:56 PM »
 ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1420 on: February 06, 2015, 02:12:32 PM »
 >:(

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1421 on: February 06, 2015, 07:20:04 PM »
He is the master of that pose above.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1422 on: February 06, 2015, 07:28:02 PM »
Not sure what year this was, early 70's I suppose:

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1423 on: February 06, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »
Arnold did have some flaws, especially by today's standards. Compared to bbers today Arnold's quads and delts are nonexistent.
But in his era nobody except Oliva was in his league. Ferrigno could have surpassed him as he seemed like a bigger taller version than Arnold except with better quads. Like Arnold, Louie had those massive pecs that seems to be missing in today's bbers. If Ferrigno didn't do the smart thing and stuck to bodybuilding and gave himself more time to mature,he was only 22 years old in '75, he would have dominated the Franco/Zane era as well as making short work of Dickerson and even Samir.

First of all.........today's standards suck. We all know that, no bodybuilder before or since has been as great as Arnold. Fact when anybody grabs a barbell or dumbbell the first thing they think of is one word. That word is Arnold. There are no bodybuilders today that come close to what Arnold was and still is, the greatest bodybuilder of all time. This is not only measured by his amazing build, that everyone can admit to rather having above anyone else's, but also in his persona, charisma, can do attitude, success on every level he chose. End of story.
h

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1424 on: February 07, 2015, 12:52:16 AM »
First of all.........today's standards suck. We all know that, no bodybuilder before or since has been as great as Arnold. Fact when anybody grabs a barbell or dumbbell the first thing they think of is one word. That word is Arnold. There are no bodybuilders today that come close to what Arnold was and still is, the greatest bodybuilder of all time. This is not only measured by his amazing build, that everyone can admit to rather having above anyone else's, but also in his persona, charisma, can do attitude, success on every level he chose. End of story.

Did you jerked-off while viewing the images after posting this?