Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 💪Muscle gallery  (Read 2099092 times)

TheGreatOak

• Getbig II
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 💪Muscle gallery
« Reply #5875 on: March 30, 2019, 01:27:22 AM »
If reddit is right it is from May 1966, around the time he won Mr Europe and few months his second place Mr Universe finish.

Which photo, the back double bi or the twisting back?

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5876 on: March 30, 2019, 03:02:24 AM »
If reddit is right it is from May 1966, around the time he won Mr Europe and few months his second place Mr Universe finish.

That sounds right.

TheGreatOak

• Getbig II
« Reply #5877 on: March 30, 2019, 03:37:59 AM »
That sounds right.

First photo: Exact same location as in the back double bi photo.

Second and third photo's: 1965 Mr. Austria.

So, the back double bi is most likely anywhere from mid-late 1965 to mid 1966, which karasan gave a good suggestion as being. The twisting back double bi that Natural_O posted is from his very first competition.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5878 on: March 30, 2019, 03:39:01 AM »
Which photo, the back double bi or the twisting back?
Back db biceps pic

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5879 on: April 13, 2019, 08:23:47 AM »
 8)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #5880 on: April 13, 2019, 02:26:52 PM »
8)

Arnold for the win size / condition / Balance / quality
Sergio 2nd
Serge 3rd

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5881 on: April 15, 2019, 05:45:54 AM »
From Austrian Oak to Thin White Duke .

age 43 . around 210 lbs

WoooSHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5882 on: April 15, 2019, 05:51:09 AM »
There was a time when Arnold was actually taller than 6' tall Jim Belushi.

WooSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5883 on: April 15, 2019, 06:11:24 AM »
That was the Robert Kennedy Tennis Tournament where Arnold met Maria Schriver in 1977.

Best way to charm Maria was to play Tennis without a shirt, best businesschoice ever made.
Q

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5884 on: April 15, 2019, 07:04:45 AM »
 8)

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5885 on: April 16, 2019, 07:38:25 AM »
8)

I‘m reading a book about body language and I‘m at the „handshake“ chapter. Last 2 pics, you can tell what‘s going on just by looking at the handshake. There are 2 possible scenarios looking at the 2nd pic.
The first is that Arnold might have reached out with his palm facing down. It‘s a display of dominance. Remember the nazi sign? They used the palm facing down sign. The guy then used both hands to adjust the position of Arnold‘s hand into vertical. Into a more equal position. The 2nd option is that maybe the fat guy just used both hands to shake Arnold‘s hand which is not ok unless you are friends or know the person from before. If this happened, Arnold, deep down, wasn‘t pleased and was left with a bitter taste.
In the last picture, Arnold has an upper hand. He is standing on the left so when the handshake is performed for the picture taking, he has the dominant position because his hand is positioned above the other guy‘s. Remember fellas. Whenever you take a pic with somebody while shaking hands always stand on the left looking from the photographer‘s position. This will make you look more dominant than the other guy. At least if you are around the same size and height.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #5886 on: April 16, 2019, 07:41:01 AM »
I‘m reading a book about body language and I‘m at the „handshake“ chapter. Last 2 pics, you can tell what‘s going on just by looking at the handshake. There are 2 possible scenarios looking at the 2nd pic.
The first is that Arnold might have reached out with his palm facing down. It‘s a display of dominance. Remember the nazi sign? They used the palm facing down sign. The guy then used both hands to adjust the position of Arnold‘s hand into vertical. Into a more equal position. The 2nd option is that maybe the fat guy just used both hands to shake Arnold‘s hand which is not ok unless you are friends or know the person from before. If this happened, Arnold, deep down, wasn‘t pleased and was left with a bitter taste.
In the last picture, Arnold has an upper hand. He is standing on the left so when the handshake is performed for the picture taking, he has the dominant position because his hand is positioned above the other guy‘s. Remember fellas. Whenever you take a pic with somebody while shaking hands always stand on the left looking from the photographer‘s position. This will make you look more dominant than the other guy. At least if you are around the same size and height.

Arnold always has showed his right bicep more than his left, it's better.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5887 on: April 16, 2019, 05:21:26 PM »
how did he actually get into lifting? bbing?

such a strange event/sport/hobby etc...

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5888 on: April 17, 2019, 04:35:58 AM »
how did he actually get into lifting? bbing?

such a strange event/sport/hobby etc...

If recall from his autobiography, his older brother, who later died, was into lifting.  Arnold was an athletic kid, started going to a gym in his mid-teens. At the gym he hooked up with an East German physician... he gained amazingly fast.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5889 on: April 17, 2019, 04:37:49 AM »
In the late 1970’s; look at those wheels!

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #5890 on: April 17, 2019, 05:11:20 AM »
Arnold was an athletic kid, started going to a gym in his mid-teens. At the gym he hooked up with an East German physician... he gained amazingly fast.

Did Arnold- and other bodybulders on the European mainland- really need to hook up  with an "East German physician" for their supply?

I'm not categorically stating that's not how it went down ,but many of the European companies ,engaged for decades at the cutting edge of steroids research - Organon,Schering, and CIBA were in the Western Bloc.

And just like in America, pharmaceutical grade steroids could have been obtanied readily by a private patient in Europe ,provided they had a script from a friendly doctor and could afford the costs of the drugs.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #5891 on: April 17, 2019, 06:22:48 AM »
Did Arnold- and other bodybulders on the European mainland- really need to hook up  with an "East German physician" for their supply?

I'm not categorically stating that's not how it went down ,but many of the European companies ,engaged for decades at the cutting edge of steroids research - Organon,Schering, and CIBA were in the Western Bloc.

And just like in America, pharmaceutical grade steroids could have been obtanied readily by a private patient in Europe ,provided they had a script from a friendly doctor and could afford the costs of the drugs.

up until 1998 IIRC it was very easy to get pharmaceutical gear no problems
as lots was coming out the back door via reps etc.
so let alone in the 60's & 70' how easy to get it was.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5892 on: April 17, 2019, 06:07:28 PM »

looks like he had his calf implants removed for a while, then  had them put back in for twins. ::)

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5893 on: April 17, 2019, 06:52:58 PM »

It’s been so many years since I read his autobiography (photo below), but I seem to recall the way he phrased it was that when he first went to the gym as a teenager he started training with this East German doctor.   He went on to write that he quickly made amazing gains.  He never mentions steroids of course but my “reading between the lines” is that the doctor supplied him and that’s why he made his amazing gains so fast.

You’d have to read the book for the details.  This part of his life might be covered in that one biography that was critical of him.  I can’t quite recall the title, maybe “Fantastic.”

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5894 on: April 17, 2019, 07:04:27 PM »
up until 1998 IIRC it was very easy to get pharmaceutical gear no problems
as lots was coming out the back door via reps etc.
so let alone in the 60's & 70' how easy to get it was.

Back in Arnold's day every pharmacy carried just about everything. All you needed was a prescription. California bodybuilders also went to Mexico where no prescription was needed in a pharmacy. They would fill their car and cross the border. Security was lax back then.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #5895 on: April 17, 2019, 10:08:16 PM »

Off season back in the day guys just looked athletic and skinny lean, that was it

Now they are bloated, sweating, and waddling around like an idiot

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #5896 on: April 18, 2019, 02:04:16 AM »
It’s been so many years since I read his autobiography (photo below), but I seem to recall the way he phrased it was that when he first went to the gym as a teenager he started training with this East German doctor.   He went on to write that he quickly made amazing gains.  He never mentions steroids of course but my “reading between the lines” is that the doctor supplied him and that’s why he made his amazing gains so fast.

You’d have to read the book for the details.  This part of his life might be covered in that one biography that was critical of him.  I can’t quite recall the title, maybe “Fantastic.”

Ah, ok.  I might check that out.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5897 on: April 18, 2019, 06:27:19 PM »
Off season back in the day guys just looked athletic and skinny lean, that was it

Now they are bloated, sweating, and waddling around like an idiot

that off season look is a solid healthy look.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5898 on: April 18, 2019, 06:30:01 PM »
It’s been so many years since I read his autobiography (photo below), but I seem to recall the way he phrased it was that when he first went to the gym as a teenager he started training with this East German doctor.   He went on to write that he quickly made amazing gains.  He never mentions steroids of course but my “reading between the lines” is that the doctor supplied him and that’s why he made his amazing gains so fast.

You’d have to read the book for the details.  This part of his life might be covered in that one biography that was critical of him.  I can’t quite recall the title, maybe “Fantastic.”

interesting he was training with an east german doctor.

i don't think he or anyone else thought twice about gear... it was way before it was taboo - he followed what was the norm.

germans are known for being great chemist/scientist ;)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger muscle gallery
« Reply #5899 on: April 19, 2019, 10:50:05 AM »
WooOSSSHHHHHHHHH

I remember 'DROPPINGPLATES' disregarded Arnold being the best ever , claiming he had the body of a swimmer lol...