Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 💪Muscle gallery  (Read 2103154 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 💪Muscle gallery
« Reply #6000 on: July 25, 2019, 01:35:17 AM »
No bitterness at all. I think Arnold is the greatest. I've interviewed a lot of people who were at the 1980 Mr. Olympia and almost all of them have Arnold no higher than fifth. The controversy comes in when the photos show Arnold looks the best onstage or close to the best, even though he wasn't at his previous best. I was at the 1981 Mr. Olympia and I can tell you that the pictures don't always tell the true story. Boyer Coe told me that CBS refused to show the footage they shot because Arnold looked so bad, it was obvious to everyone who saw it that he didn't deserve to win. I've always wondered how Arnold looked in that CBS footage so, if this is from that, it makes sense because Arnold does look worse than in other videos or pictures from that day.

True pictures don’t tell all the story & Yes they can be deceiving.
Likewise I’ve Know a couple of people who were at the show & they had
Arnold in 1st place - Opinions vary - and looking at the judging sheets that
Can be seen.
You say Some had him in 5th Place 🤣😂 and you believe them  ::)
So what 4 did they have in front of Him.??

And in the Footage from the Comeback Video although limited
He looks Good & Tom Platz looks to have been Royaly Screwed over
In that footage.

Arnold won plain & simple - what other credible unanimous winner is there then. ?

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6001 on: July 25, 2019, 01:57:13 AM »
If you're speaking of the judges from the 1980 Mr. Olympia, most of them were good friends or business associates with Arnold and they consistently placed him high in all the rounds. Only two judges scored Arnold lower. When I was referring to having to be there, I was thinking of Danny Padilla from the 1981 Olympia. Danny looked amazing and most people who were not at the show but have seen pictures of him think he should have won. I was there and Danny, although he looked his best ever, was a little small compared to everyone else and he faded somewhat during the comparisons. I had Platz in first and Callender in second with Danny in third. However, if you weren't there, you wouldn't know Danny was smaller based on the photos of him by himself. In those pics, he looks like the winner. I interviewed or talked to Bill Pearl, Boyer Coe, Chris Dickerson, Samir Bannout, Wayne Gallasch, John Terilli, Roger Walker, Roy Callender and Roy Duval and they were all at the show, either competing or watching the contest. Only Wayne and John thought Arnold should have won.

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #6002 on: July 25, 2019, 02:01:33 AM »
True pictures don’t tell all the story & Yes they can be deceiving.
Likewise I’ve Know a couple of people who were at the show & they had
Arnold in 1st place - Opinions vary - and looking at the judging sheets that
Can be seen.
You say Some had him in 5th Place 🤣😂 and you believe them  ::)
So what 4 did they have in front of Him.??

And in the Footage from the Comeback Video although limited
He looks Good & Tom Platz looks to have been Royaly Screwed over
In that footage.

Arnold won plain & simple - what other credible unanimous winner is there then. ?
were you at the Show ? if not shut up

TheGreatOak

• Getbig II
« Reply #6003 on: July 25, 2019, 06:07:48 AM »
If you're speaking of the judges from the 1980 Mr. Olympia, most of them were good friends or business associates with Arnold and they consistently placed him high in all the rounds. Only two judges scored Arnold lower. When I was referring to having to be there, I was thinking of Danny Padilla from the 1981 Olympia. Danny looked amazing and most people who were not at the show but have seen pictures of him think he should have won. I was there and Danny, although he looked his best ever, was a little small compared to everyone else and he faded somewhat during the comparisons. I had Platz in first and Callender in second with Danny in third. However, if you weren't there, you wouldn't know Danny was smaller based on the photos of him by himself. In those pics, he looks like the winner. I interviewed or talked to Bill Pearl, Boyer Coe, Chris Dickerson, Samir Bannout, Wayne Gallasch, John Terilli, Roger Walker, Roy Callender and Roy Duval and they were all at the show, either competing or watching the contest. Only Wayne and John thought Arnold should have won.

Apart from Bill Pearl, every one of the people you interviewed who placed Arnold very low are competitors that he competed against at that contest. What does that say exactly? Well, that's up to every one to decide.

If you watch Total Rebuild, it's clear Arnold knew he had a fight on his hands. He seemingly didn't show up expecting to win. He fought, like everyone else did. He knew it was going to be extremely tough... but he did it.

For everyone that says Arnold did not deserve to win - how about you post some pictures illustrating that point. Show where Arnold is beaten in the front double biceps or the back lat spread or the back double biceps. There are many pictures from the contest and there should be enough footage to get a clear, direct comparison between the top five.

ARNIE1947 or possibly Tarantula157 - if you two have saved those comparisons, please post them. Let's see direct comparisons from a neutral angle. We can't go back in time to watch the contest at the Sydney Opera House, so that's as good as we'll get to compare in 2019.

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6004 on: July 25, 2019, 07:20:00 AM »

John Terilli on 1980 Mr Olympia

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6005 on: July 25, 2019, 08:02:58 AM »

@49:19  Wayne Gallasch on 1980 Mr Olympia (The Bodybuilding Legends Show - with Natural_O)

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #6006 on: July 25, 2019, 03:12:57 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Bill Pearl as a head judge/judges chairman responsible for selecting the judges? At the athletes meeting prior to the contest he announced the names of the judges and asked if everyone is happy with the judging panel.No one complained before the contest.
Of all the names you mentioned of the people interviewed only Bill Pearl,Wayne Gallasch and John Terilli were actually watching the contest,the others were participants. Bill Pearl was the trainer of Chris Dickerson so he had some agenda there. Plus for years Pearl was thought to be the Greatest Ever and then Arnold came along and surpassed him as the G.O.A.T. so it's possible there was some sort of jealousy as well. So that leaves us with Gallach and Terilli as unbiased spectators and they both had Arnold as the winner. I remember reading an interview with Roy Callendar in a magazine about a decade ago and when asked about 1980 he said that Arnold deserved to win. Strange that he changed his mind since...Also Robert Nailon and Vince Basil were  there as photographers and they had Arnold as a deserved winner.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #6007 on: July 25, 2019, 03:16:49 PM »

ARNIE1947 or possibly Tarantula157 - if you two have saved those comparisons, please post them. Let's see direct comparisons from a neutral angle. We can't go back in time to watch the contest at the Sydney Opera House, so that's as good as we'll get to compare in 2019.
There is a separate threat about 1980 Olympia on this page with lots of pictures and screen caps with comparisons. I personally have the video of the contest plus "the Lost Footage" and in both videos Arnold looked as the winner.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6008 on: July 25, 2019, 10:44:23 PM »
were you at the Show ? if not shut up

There is a separate thread about 1980 Olympia on this page with lots of pictures and screen caps with comparisons. I personally have the video of the contest plus "the Lost Footage" and in both videos Arnold looked as the winner.

Was Tarantula
Was Natural O ?
Were you ?
Ask all whom comment that competition if they were there

If you weren’t there Fuck Off Retard.

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #6009 on: July 26, 2019, 07:40:06 AM »
Was Tarantula
Was Natural O ?
Were you ?
Ask all whom comment that competition if they were there

If you weren’t there Fuck Off Retard.
what a chump

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6010 on: July 27, 2019, 02:10:24 AM »
what a chump

::) Oh Dear
End of Dealing with yet another Retard
Whose unable to answer or apply the standards
He wants to apply to others Yet Not Himself.

Jeez how do you manage to dress yourself.

Bye Bye 👋

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6011 on: July 27, 2019, 09:04:39 PM »
Arnold and Frank Zane practicing archery

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6012 on: July 28, 2019, 03:48:47 AM »
No bitterness at all. I think Arnold is the greatest. I've interviewed a lot of people who were at the 1980 Mr. Olympia and almost all of them have Arnold no higher than fifth. The controversy comes in when the photos show Arnold looks the best onstage or close to the best, even though he wasn't at his previous best. I was at the 1981 Mr. Olympia and I can tell you that the pictures don't always tell the true story. Boyer Coe told me that CBS refused to show the footage they shot because Arnold looked so bad, it was obvious to everyone who saw it that he didn't deserve to win. I've always wondered how Arnold looked in that CBS footage so, if this is from that, it makes sense because Arnold does look worse than in other videos or pictures from that day.

I've seen video of the contest and Arnold is the clear winner. It's more apparent in the video than the still pictures. Arnold at 80% was still better than the rest at their best. Yes, Mentzer deserved 5th. CBS didn't air it because of all the booing and maybe the growing public knowledge that the sport was based on drug use. Bodybuilding was on it's way out with the public at around this point. Remember ESPN would show contests and actually had a show with the top stars demonstrating exercises pretending they were working out. Not sure of the exact year but one day they banned anything bodybuilding related. In the time slot for the bodybuilding show they put billiards competitions. Imagine they choose the pool table game over bodybuilding? Many speculate the drug use was becoming something even soccer moms knew about bodybuilders and ESPN didn't want to be associated with it. Same with CBS. 

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #6013 on: July 28, 2019, 03:07:46 PM »
Arnold and Frank Zane practicing archery
Zane looks like a member of Bee Gees here.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6014 on: July 28, 2019, 04:17:34 PM »
I've seen video of the contest and Arnold is the clear winner. It's more apparent in the video than the still pictures. Arnold at 80% was still better than the rest at their best. Yes, Mentzer deserved 5th. CBS didn't air it because of all the booing and maybe the growing public knowledge that the sport was based on drug use. Bodybuilding was on it's way out with the public at around this point. Remember ESPN would show contests and actually had a show with the top stars demonstrating exercises pretending they were working out. Not sure of the exact year but one day they banned anything bodybuilding related. In the time slot for the bodybuilding show they put billiards competitions. Imagine they choose the pool table game over bodybuilding? Many speculate the drug use was becoming something even soccer moms knew about bodybuilders and ESPN didn't want to be associated with it. Same with CBS. 

CBS-TV paid good money in advance to broadcast the Mr. Olympia for three years (1979, 80 and 81). I don't think steroid use had anything to do with the reason they didn't air it. If you listen to the Boyer Coe interview I did on BodybuildingLegendsShow. com, he says that the producer from CBS told him they couldn't air it because it was so obvious, even to someone with no bodybuilding knowledge, that Arnold didn't deserve to win. And then there was the booing when Arnold was announced the winner. ESPN was airing lots of bodybuilding competitions in the 1990's so it had nothing to do with drug use. In fact, I don't think the general public and the media really became aware of steroid use until Ben Johnson failed the drug test at the 1988 Olympics in South Korea.
If Arnold was the clear winner, why were people booing when he was announced first place? Why did CBS television refuse to air the footage and then refuse to even go to the 1981 contest (even though they willingly paid the money they were contractually bound to pay)? Why was Sixty Minutes planning to run an investigation into the 1980 Olympia and air it on their show? I agree that Arnold does look like the right winner judging by the photos and the videos from the contest. However, it's always a different story when you see the contest in person compared to photos and video. I was at the 1977, 1978, 1979 and 1981 Olympias so I can give a good opinion on who deserved what in those shows because I witnessed it live. Most of us who are commenting on the 1980 Mr. Olympia were not there in person and many were not even born when the contest took place. If Arnold really was a clear cut winner, there would not have been such controversy and so many other people saying he didn't deserve to win it. It wasn't just because he wasn't at the same level from when he competed in the '70's. There must be more to it than that. Otherwise, how do you explain the booing, the non TV coverage and all this controversy almost 40 years later?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6015 on: July 28, 2019, 07:08:46 PM »
CBS-TV paid good money in advance to broadcast the Mr. Olympia for three years (1979, 80 and 81). I don't think steroid use had anything to do with the reason they didn't air it. If you listen to the Boyer Coe interview I did on BodybuildingLegendsShow. com, he says that the producer from CBS told him they couldn't air it because it was so obvious, even to someone with no bodybuilding knowledge, that Arnold didn't deserve to win. And then there was the booing when Arnold was announced the winner. ESPN was airing lots of bodybuilding competitions in the 1990's so it had nothing to do with drug use. In fact, I don't think the general public and the media really became aware of steroid use until Ben Johnson failed the drug test at the 1988 Olympics in South Korea.
If Arnold was the clear winner, why were people booing when he was announced first place? Why did CBS television refuse to air the footage and then refuse to even go to the 1981 contest (even though they willingly paid the money they were contractually bound to pay)? Why was Sixty Minutes planning to run an investigation into the 1980 Olympia and air it on their show? I agree that Arnold does look like the right winner judging by the photos and the videos from the contest. However, it's always a different story when you see the contest in person compared to photos and video. I was at the 1977, 1978, 1979 and 1981 Olympias so I can give a good opinion on who deserved what in those shows because I witnessed it live. Most of us who are commenting on the 1980 Mr. Olympia were not there in person and many were not even born when the contest took place. If Arnold really was a clear cut winner, there would not have been such controversy and so many other people saying he didn't deserve to win it. It wasn't just because he wasn't at the same level from when he competed in the '70's. There must be more to it than that. Otherwise, how do you explain the booing, the non TV coverage and all this controversy almost 40 years later?

All this controversy yet I’ve seen very little in regards who should’ve been the winner.
You mentioned previously some placed Arnold as low as 5th then who were the other
4 ahead of him & in what order ?
There’s no clear cut unanimous winner other than Arnold.
Also Arnold was / is being judged against his own previous best physique
And No he wasn’t at his best at the 80 Mr O.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #6016 on: July 28, 2019, 08:04:00 PM »
CBS most likely didn't air it because of all the controversy surrounding it not because they thought Arnold didn't deserve to win(that's Boyer's/Mentzer's interpretation,CBS never made official statement about that). Besides,what did they (CBS crew)know about bodybuilding judging?

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #6017 on: July 28, 2019, 08:07:09 PM »
All this controversy yet I’ve seen very little in regards who should’ve been the winner.
You mentioned previously some placed Arnold as low as 5th then who were the other
I'm also curious to see a detailed explanation as to who were the 4 or 7 competitors that were supposedly better than Arnold and why they were better.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6018 on: July 28, 2019, 10:24:46 PM »

I'm assuming Dickerson, Mentzer, Coe and Zane.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6019 on: July 28, 2019, 10:25:43 PM »
CBS most likely didn't air it because of all the controversy surrounding it not because they thought Arnold didn't deserve to win(that's Boyer's/Mentzer's interpretation,CBS never made official statement about that). Besides,what did they (CBS crew)know about bodybuilding judging?

Why was there controversy if Arnold deserved to win?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #6020 on: July 28, 2019, 10:53:00 PM »

No controversy whatsover.  Arnold and his majestic cock reigned supreme. 

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #6021 on: July 29, 2019, 01:28:56 AM »

what a chump :D

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #6022 on: July 29, 2019, 05:39:16 AM »
I'm assuming Dickerson, Mentzer, Coe and Zane.
Dickerson-thorn,droopy chest,small arms with ugly shape...He was gifted the title in 82,worst Mr.Olympia in history.
Mentzer-narrow shoulders,small chest,sticking out gut,fat lower back and glutes.
Coe-weak "turtle shell" back and shoulders,wide waist with weird abs.
Zane- great physique,just lost a lot of size due to the incident. You said Padilla looked small next to the others in 81,how about Zane who was much taller and about the same weight in 80. He looked just too stringy that year. An 85-90% Arnold was still much bigger than 90% Zane.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #6023 on: July 29, 2019, 05:44:15 AM »
Because of Arnold's last minute surprising entry,his conflict with some of the other competitors,Arnold's behaviour on stage and back stage,Mentzer swearing during the awards presentation,Zane smashing his trophy and crying in his room,Coe throwing chairs,etc.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #6024 on: July 29, 2019, 05:47:58 AM »
Probably CBS came to the conclusion it's waste of money filming bodybuilding contests and streaming them as you can't get any idea about the contest and who deserves to win unless you are there in person.  :D