Author Topic: Flex wheeler now a days  (Read 28244 times)

MassInMass

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Flex wheeler now a days
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2006, 09:22:38 AM »
I agree that these guys WERE great pros...What I don't agree with is that they are genetically superior...I am bigger and sronger than Flex right now, and am natural. Does that mean I am genetically superior? And as far as an average gym rat taking the same gear these guys did for ten years and not looking the way they did...I disagree. Yes, you need average to good gentics, but that is it. Think about how different you would look if you had access to all the supplements , gear , food you could possibly handle, and you didn't work!?! If your job was to lift weights, rest, eat and take gear, I don't care who you are, you would be enormous. In fact, you could be anything you want...big, strong, shredded...Again, I'm not taking anything away from these guys and thier accomplishments, I just question there desire and love of the sport...Just becuase you can't take gear you don't exersice anymore? What kind of excuse is that?  

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2006, 10:19:30 AM »
Most top pros have great genetics as far as fast-twitch to slow-twitch muscle fibers, skeletal structure eg small hips, thick wrist bones, muscle bellies, and androgen receptors. Most average people don't possess these qualities. Pros are genetically abnormal
Don't let em fool ya

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2006, 01:26:02 PM »
Flex is nothing short of a Miracle to be alive today. Iam proud of the fact that through everything we are friends today.
I was there when he began, when he was on top, when he got ill and when he bottomebd out.
Dude fought back, strong and hard, the past is the past and he is doing just fine.
Funny, the people FLex deals with deal with him on a level reflective of him being a man, where as in BBing he was only as agood as his last placement.
The disresepect came from people who once paid to see him onstage, they lost respect when he didn't look the same after he had to quit.
Sad commentary for one of the best we've ever seen but he isn't living in the past or for his wanna be fans.
He has moved on and living Life according to his terms and not that of an IFBB Judging panel.
More power to him, big or small.
Peace,
Shawn

Agreed, there is no need to kick a man on the ground. But be honest,maybe people reactions are the result of all that bullshit that pro's are 'superiour' and work hard in the gym. Reality is different, most pro's are lazy in the gym, except for the minority that work hard and therefore place high at shows(just like you did). Sorry Shawn, drugs are the most important factor, nothing more. Most pro's react very well to those drugs, but I won't call that 'superiour' genetics.

I hope that someday, pro's will be honest and admitt that their bodies are mainly built through drugs.

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2006, 01:31:13 PM »
Agreed, there is no need to kick a man on the ground. But be honest,maybe people reactions are the result of all that bullshit that pro's are 'superiour' and work hard in the gym. Reality is different, most pro's are lazy in the gym, except for the minority that work hard and therefore place high at shows(just like you did). Sorry Shawn, drugs are the most important factor, nothing more. Most pro's react very well to those drugs, but I won't call that 'superiour' genetics.

I hope that someday, pro's will be honest and admitt that their bodies are mainly built through drugs.

diet and busting your ass in the gym are just as important as the drugs.. drugs are a big part of it but without the other two factors the drugs arent going to be as affective.
pump'em dump'em

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2006, 01:33:20 PM »

diet and busting your ass in the gym are just as important as the drugs.. drugs are a big part of it but without the other two factors the drugs arent going to be as affective.

Most guys are busting their ass in the gym, and believe me busting your ass in the gym is a whole lot easier when you're on drugs.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2006, 02:09:14 PM »
Most guys are busting their ass in the gym, and believe me busting your ass in the gym is a whole lot easier when you're on drugs.

The drugs make all the difference. If I trained like a PRO I would get smaller, not bigger because i can't recuperate half as fast. It must be nice to train balls to the wall every day and grow.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2006, 02:25:51 PM »
yup! one day...one day.
bodybuildersreality.com

MassInMass

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2006, 02:30:45 PM »
In the pic in the beginning of the thread where he is wearing the green shirt...Where are his tats? Were they temporary?

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2006, 03:36:14 PM »
What is on Bob mind, either he idolizes Flex or is finally happy that he is bigger than Flex.

Tomanater

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Eat-Sleep-Train-Grow
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2006, 07:54:49 PM »
The pic of Flex when he looks very small..Well that pic was  taken a while ago when he was very ill  with his health problems..

Drugs.Drugs ,Drugs its all the Drugs that make a champion..WTF now I am not saying they do not have there place in the sport(and allways have) but lets get real here...
I will just do a few cycles get BIG eat sleep train for a few years and bam I will be a top IFBB Pro..able to win numerous shows,its thats simple.. ???Come-on..ya its all the Drugs..
Genetics,Genetics it aint got nothing to do with genetics thats  another  pee brian statement..just making that stupid comment tells any one who knows anything about competing that you are  clueless.. if that was the case there would be tons of Flex Wheeler like Physiques out there and shitloads of guys that look like Cutler,Yates,Ronnie,Dexter, PLEEEEASE  give us a phucken break.....
Flex Wheeler was a true Champion..
Nuff said...just my 2 cents
Peace out
D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2006, 08:02:27 PM »
Yes drug's will in the end make these guy's champ's on the top level,but it take's year's of punishing workout's,heavy dieting.big off season's,year after year of increased gear usage with little break's,and hoping the body dosen't break down during the peak year's.and pushing all distraction such as relationship's,with family and loved one's to the side to achieve such inhuman development,just think of what you have done on your own quest to achieve your ideal strength or physique.

flexfan

• Getbig IV
  • Venice Versmilitude
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2006, 09:37:41 PM »
I agree that these guys WERE great pros...What I don't agree with is that they are genetically superior...I am bigger and sronger than Flex right now, and am natural. Does that mean I am genetically superior? And as far as an average gym rat taking the same gear these guys did for ten years and not looking the way they did...I disagree. Yes, you need average to good gentics, but that is it. Think about how different you would look if you had access to all the supplements , gear , food you could possibly handle, and you didn't work!?! If your job was to lift weights, rest, eat and take gear, I don't care who you are, you would be enormous. In fact, you could be anything you want...big, strong, shredded...Again, I'm not taking anything away from these guys and thier accomplishments, I just question there desire and love of the sport...Just becuase you can't take gear you don't exersice anymore? What kind of excuse is that? 

You are missing the point. Flex was genetically gifted structure wise. Great frame for bb.
Sultan

Alex Ardenti

• Expert
  • Getbig II
  • www.ardentifilms.com www.bodybuildingFLIX.com
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2006, 12:33:56 AM »
You can't get a waist like this from just training. Flex had the most awesome genetics especially in the shoulders to waist ratio.

www.alexardenti.com

bodybuildingFLIX.com

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2006, 08:06:19 AM »
It  has been said before but steroid champs get such praise while they are juicing.  When they retire due to illness or what ever reason they are laughed at.  It speaks volumes of what this sub culture of a sport attracts.  A retired natural Flex, Yates, and others are still way ahead of 95% of natural trainers.  Sure a 25 year old  juicer training for a Mr. Kansas looks better but you're comparing somone that's on the crap as opposed to someone that's off.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2006, 08:31:44 AM »
It  has been said before but steroid champs get such praise while they are juicing.  When they retire due to illness or what ever reason they are laughed at.  It speaks volumes of what this sub culture of a sport attracts.  A retired natural Flex, Yates, and others are still way ahead of 95% of natural trainers.  Sure a 25 year old  juicer training for a Mr. Kansas looks better but you're comparing somone that's on the crap as opposed to someone that's off.
neither one of them are ahead of me, i'll promise you that, sure i've done some shit in the past but i haven't touched shit for a few years and if i saw either one of them in my gym i'd laugh my ass off at them.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2006, 11:42:51 AM »
neither one of them are ahead of me, i'll promise you that, sure i've done some shit in the past but i haven't touched shit for a few years and if i saw either one of them in my gym i'd laugh my ass off at them.

u would  laugh your ass off at two of the greatest bb's of all time... now thats funny..
pump'em dump'em

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2006, 12:01:21 PM »

u would  laugh your ass off at two of the greatest bb's of all time... now thats funny..
the way they look now i would.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2006, 12:08:05 PM »
the way they look now i would.

but how do you expect someone that has been traing all there life to the point where they turn pro, and then when they retire you expect them to continue to train the way they used too... they are retired and im sure have business ventures where that takes up most there time....   guys that are near there 40's that dont juice anymore are not going to look even half as good as they did when they were..
pump'em dump'em

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2006, 12:09:53 PM »

but how do you expect someone that has been traing all there life to the point where they turn pro, and then when they retire you expect them to continue to train the way they used too... they are retired and im sure have business ventures where that takes up most there time....   guys that are near there 40's that dont juice anymore are not going to look even half as good as they did when they were..
part of the reason i would laugh is because they were both assholes while they were competing and now they're both skinny sissies.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2006, 12:11:17 PM »
part of the reason i would laugh is because they were both assholes while they were competing and now they're both skinny sissies.

there thinner cuz there middle aged men that are not pros anymore... normal human beings
pump'em dump'em

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2006, 12:12:22 PM »

there thinner cuz there middle aged men that are not pros anymore... normal human beings
i would still make them both cry in embarassment.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2006, 12:14:12 PM »

sarcasm I though you said you weighed a buck 60?  ::)
just push some weight!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2006, 12:15:25 PM »
sarcasm I though you said you weighed a buck 60?  ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2006, 12:16:27 PM »

maaan your too much hehe
pump'em dump'em

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2006, 12:18:31 PM »
i'm not kidding you i'd make fun of them to the point wherethey either would swing at me and i would love that or they would leave crying.
Jaejonna rows 125!!