Author Topic: my thoughts on training, nutrition and anabolics usage  (Read 24473 times)

Simple Simon

Re: my thoughts on training, nutrition and anabolics usage
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2014, 06:48:59 AM »
Can you post a picture when you are completely off drugs for a year and then give training advice?

Me?

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2014, 06:51:58 AM »
Calories do not build muscle,protein does.

I wish someone told me this earlier.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2014, 06:58:42 AM »
Can you post a picture when you are completely off drugs for a year and then give training advice?

Me?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2014, 07:08:09 AM »
I have found that this time around dieting to compete it took me longer to get in shape than previously back in 96.
I put it down to age and metabolism but looking at it realistically, I was always 10lbs over my show weight year round and was out clubbing every weekend dancing all night until 7am.

I dont do either of those now, if I did would I lose the weight faster?

Ha, at our ages now I think our workouts would suffer. the clubbing would help with the weight loss, all cardio and no eating ;D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2014, 07:13:26 AM »
The point is you only need to eat slightly above maintenance levels to ensure you gain muscle providing you take in enough protein/amino acids.

Why eat 3 or 4,000 cals above your BMR?
All you are going to get is very fat.

My maintenance appears to be in the 2300-2500 range. I was thinking about staying in the 2500-2800 range. I don't think I could eat 4000 clean calories if somebody had a gun to my head.

the trainer

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2014, 07:22:07 AM »
I dont agree with no one sissy light weight 30 min workout, train hard and heavy in the gym for 6 to 8 reps, rest between sets and go heavy again and go 15 to 20 reps for lower body  and do sprints for cardio,that is the way to build muscle unless you want to look like a swimmer.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2014, 07:25:56 AM »
Great gif... too bad you can't hear him laughing.

Simple Simon

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2014, 07:30:08 AM »
I dont agree with no one sissy light weight 30 min workout, train hard and heavy in the gym for 6 to 8 reps, rest between sets and go heavy again and go 15 to 20 reps for lower body  and do sprints for cardio,that is the way to build muscle unless you want to look like a swimmer.

Pics of your non-swimmer physique?

unstoppable

• Getbig I
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2014, 07:33:05 AM »
Solid post. I always get a ton of value from no one's insights.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2014, 07:37:24 AM »
I wish someone told me this earlier.
I know you`re busting balls here but I`ve seen more people on this board insist that you must have a calorie surplus to build muscle.

You`ll gain weight obviously,but not all of it will be muscle.

Did you know this?  ;D

the trainer

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2014, 07:39:02 AM »
Pics of your non-swimmer physique?

I already post a of me looking jacked in another thread you can go search for it if you want to see.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2014, 07:40:09 AM »
I dont agree with no one sissy light weight 30 min workout, train hard and heavy in the gym for 6 to 8 reps, rest between sets and go heavy again and go 15 to 20 reps for lower body  and do sprints for cardio,that is the way to build muscle unless you want to look like a swimmer.

Simple Simon

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2014, 07:47:48 AM »
I already post a of me looking jacked in another thread you can go search for it if you want to see.
was it the colour enhance blurry one that looked like it was taken in the 80s?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2014, 08:06:34 AM »
You don't think the metabolism slows down if you don't eat for 24hrs? or Compare metabolic rate right after a workout vs few hours after

i was talking about protein absorption and the myth of the anabolic window. you come along with 'you dont think metabolism slows down etc etc'

what in the fuck does protein absorption have to do with metabolism.

'nice day, eh bob?'

'ya, but it rained in china yesterday'

the fuck does that have to do with what im talking about.

YOU DO NOT NEED A CALORIE SURPLUS TO CREATE LEAN TISSUE

^ I think this is huge. So many day you can't lose fat and gain muscle but I believe it is possible and I have done it myself.  I guess it would be called a "recomp".

Recently I have been training much lower weights and higher reps and noticed good gains in a short time. I feel that heavy weight is overrated although it can be fun lifting big weight. But in our 30s it's time to train smarter I feel.

In the past you have talked about 24hr + fasting.  I don't believe metabolism is slowed down in that little time. I read a study cited in an article it takes about 70-90 hrs of fasting to slow metabolism.

No one, can you speak a fee words on naturals?  I imagine things are similar but obviously they will be smaller and work harder for cuts?

Thank you, nice post.

a lot of good points here. nothing wrong with training heavy bro. i love training heavy. controlled and heavy. for me theres nothing like doing super slow reps on a flat bench with say 315. thats when i know my strength is 'there' when i start upping the dose- typically i can do the reps but once i up the dose abt 3 weeks later my movements become very very controlled and theres a good feeling of power there.

most of my sessions i start out 'strong' like that, and as they progress i typically then go higher reps lower weight and run the pump.

i love fasting. i find i can get away with a sloppy diet and stay relatively in check thru fasting and training fasted. i also like only eating once a day. twice at the most.

true nattys got my utmost respect. i cant give my experiences as a natty as i havent been on in a very long time. what i did notice for myself was that as a natty is be 100% dedicated all the time. no missing meals. getting your rest. anabolics make you bionic. didnt sleep good last night? no big deal, workout is going to get smashed anyway. missed a meal yesterday? no big deal workout going to get smashed anyway. as a natty you dont get your rest and miss meals, your going to suffer. you have to be a very dedicated dude to be natty your whole life, esp knowing once you hit your genetic threshold the best your going to do is maintain that present tissue.

Good read, used yours and Gal's advice of starting slow - I'm yet to go above 500mg but I've been tempted to see what a gram of test feels like both looks and sides wise.

why go to 1g. why not try 750 first?

no im not being that old school guy who gives out stock advise like this. even as developed as i am if i increase my dose as little as that i feel it in my strength and it reflects in my fullness. if i take as little as 40mg of var on what im taking now i'll see changes in 3 days. because i have the size and experience to notice even the smallest changes. you might not notice them, but you are changing.

a) im not giving out 'training advise' here. im saying what works for me.

b) the fuck would i want to go off for a year for? low dose anabolics greatly enhance my life for the better- all aspects of it.

Most people will tell you "my metabolism has slowed down since I got older"
But has it really?
Do you do the same things as you did when you were younger, are you as active day in day out.
I have to watch what I eat a bit more now than when I was 21 and lifting 3 times a week, training/running three times a week and playing a game a week of Rugby and going out clubbing until 3am.

Has my metabolism slowed or have I become a bit more sedentary?

spectacular.

i played basketball last night for the first time since i was in my 20's. i got home i felt like i got hit by a bus. everything was sore. i was thinking to myself, why the fuck cant i run and jump and run like that anymore- i used to do it everyday, for hours on end. i must be getting old.

no, im not getting old, i got off the couch for the first time in 20 years and tried to do what i used to do back in the day, of course im going to be sore. will i be this sore in a month? nope. why? the body adapts.
b

the trainer

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2014, 08:06:52 AM »
was it the colour enhance blurry one that looked like it was taken in the 80s?

hahaha no this is your homework for today investigate the threads and find my picture.

Simple Simon

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2014, 08:18:33 AM »
hahaha no this is your homework for today investigate the threads and find my picture.
I think it got nuked in the "Flex only takes 1300mgs thread".

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2014, 09:18:38 AM »
so when im not making a fool of people on here i actually do help a lot of people thru pm. i get asked a lot for my thoughts on these 3 things. so im going to put them all down here. hopefully it can help someone better themselves.

so, i get asked a lot what do you recommend for me to do regarding..., or what should i take, how many grams of carbs should i eat. all that.

my thoughts revolve around and pertain to building a balanced physique that holds quality muscle that can be maintained well into your 40's. why 40's? cause if you truly love doing this your going to be doing this for a long time. a physique that is respectably bigger than most guys who train, but still isnt so big that you are shunned by the general public. something that someone would look at and say 'shit, id like to look like that one day'. something admirable. not a sideshow.

im not saying that being a bber isnt cool- to each their own. i think you can achieve any look that you want your body to have. but for me, as i got older i realised all that being that big does is screams insecurity issues and attract guys. thats it. why the fuck would i want that?

so, how do you build the perfect physique- perfect for yourself- not perfect for what others thinks is perfect? cause at the end of the day this should be about you, not wanting to build something for someone else.

HOW TALL ARE YOU?

the first thing is you have to take your height into consideration. typically the taller you are, the more lean tissue you are going to have to hold to look feasibly respectable. for me at my height- 6'2, id say the upper limit of what i would find balanced without going over board would be 230. anymore than that and your getting 'too big'. i dont want to be 'too big' anymore. thats 230 and 5-6%. i'll get to bodyfat next. so, if your a short guy, you'll have to be conscious of how big your getting, cause you'll honestly hit 'that point' a lot sooner than us tall guys. its a bitch being tall. what can i say. ya its great in that being tall = respect, but its very hard to fill out a tall frame properly.

DONT GET FAT

typically you'll never want to get over 8% bf. why? exactly- what the fuck for? it serves no purpose whatsoever and makes the fat harder to get off later on. i have found the leaner i am, the more energy i have, the more efficient i become a burning cals, the better i feel mentally and physically. i came to realise that for myself, that overeating is a depressant- it actually causes a chemical reaction in me whos symptoms are eerily similar to depression. i become withdrawn, lazy, unmotivated, listless- all kinds of downside. thats just not cool. if you find you go thru swings in your mood, take a closer look at your diet, specifically your cal and sugar intake the day before. i can almost guarantee you'll find a direct correlation. so stay lean. theres no reason to get fat. which leads to my next thing- eating big to get big.

EAT BIG TO GET BIG

this is one thing i wish would die a slow painful fucking death- you have to eat big to get big. really? what the fuck for? what builds lean tissue? carbs? fats? no- protein. what are carbs and fats then. they are energy sources. so, why the fuck would anyone take in more fats or carbs than they need to meet their energy requirements? oh cause you need to eat big to get big? really. no you eat big to get fat. take in enough protein to keep your body repairing and growing and enough fats and carbs to give you the energy you need to get thru your day. YOU DO NOT NEED A CALORIE SURPLUS TO CREATE LEAN TISSUE. you can create tissue in a deficit. so why the fuck would you think you need to eat big to get big. stimulus+anabolics+ample protein= growth. end of fucking story.

TRAINING

i've done it all. what works for me is strictly instinctual training sessions. i know what im going to train that day, i dont know the exercises the rep ranges the number of sets it all goes by feel. the one constant is that i always train to failure. i always use as much weight as i can properly managed to get a good rep range in, and i always listen to my body- if im not feeling a particular exercise that day WHY THE FUCK WOULD I DO IT- so i can feel my joints work? if you cant feel what your doing, drop the weight, or find a different exercise. leave the ego at home. nobody cares what your lifting bro, and if they do they are a pimply faced kid of 17. who gives a fuck what he thinks.

i never rest between sets. what i have come to find interestingly enough is that my pace slows down as my muscle fatigues, so by the end of my workout when i find myself sitting on the bench getting ready for my next set, its time to pack it in. im tired and my muscle is fried. why train a fried muscle? get in and get out. my workouts dont last longer than 30min typically. why only 30 min? cause i hit my whole body 3 times in 8 days. i dont need to be in the gym for an hour.in fact given the way i train its counterproductive. stimulate growth, dont smash it cause your going to be hitting it again in 48 hrs.

i believe in frequency over heavier weights. some guys will pound the fuck out of that muscle group with big weight, then not train it for a week. i'll run the pump, train it 3 times in a week. thats 3 times your initiating growth. works for me. if your not getting the gains you expect to get get off your ass and start hitting everything every 48 hrs. yes your going to be sore. your body will adapt. its a remarkable mechanism. with that adaptation comes growth. look at people who perform repetitive movements every day on a job that requires the use of a particular muscle group. its developed way more than the rest of their body. so much for over training.

ANABOLICS

if you can afford gh use it. you wont need more than 4-5 iu a day. i like hyges. imo they are the best of the chinese generics. the truth of it is, the more you use, the bigger you'll get. i dont believe in being a kamikaze. i dont believe in using big gram cycles. why? whats going to happen when you go off if you havent built up to that dosage? not even go off, what going to happen when you drop the dose to a bridge? welcome to shrinksville, population : you. how do you avoid this- easy. use only enough to keep your body growing. thats it. the slower the gains, the more quality they are. this is a marathon not a sprint. when do you think is going to happen to boston lloyd when he goes off? hes going to deflate like a popped balloon. you want that? i dont. its godamn hard to lose lean tissue when you use an intelligent approach to anabolics usage when you need to go off. i have been on 200mg of enanthate e4-5d since the last week of dec. thats 3.5 months almost- all i have lost is the look the anabolics gave me- the fullness and density. i still weigh the exact same. when you put it one slow, it'll come off slow. its really that simple.

FIND YOUR FAVOURITES

what to use and how much? well, i like to use a year round base of test and i dont go over 300mg a week. my ceiling is around 750mg. to be honest this summer i'll prolly not go above 400mg a week and not use tren. i have used some nosebleed numbers in my day. i didnt look any better. but i was fucking big. thats not the look i want, so i drop the dose. its about using the dose you need for the look you want, not a wholesale shotgunning of mega doses and hoping it all works out in the end. in fact the less anabolics i use, more responsibly the better i look. i used to run 2g all year. fuck i wish i knew then what i know now. as for compunds im a huge fan of long estered versions of compounds like masteron and tren- i find they give a better density to the cell than the faster esters. i like masteron in the summer as it will keep you dry as long as your carbs and sodium are in check. tren for the obvious reasons. i love var. and the only other anabolic id recommend is npp. those are my core anabolics. the trick is to find those that you respond best to and cycle them in depending on the look you want to achieve. i have found that i react better some some compounds more than others- there is def not a level playing feild when it comes to the bodies utilisation of all compounds. find those that work for you. i dont use anti es to stay dry- they dry my joints out and hamper my recovery.

i think thats about it. if i havent mentioned it, its not worth mentioning -insulin for example- in my day i used a ton of it. i think you'll look better without it.

im not saying this a be all/end all definitive guide for everyone to follow. im saying this is what works for me.

any questions fire away.
pic I useless without more pics...of the car
a

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2014, 09:30:58 AM »
so when im not making a fool of people on here i actually do help a lot of people thru pm. i get asked a lot for my thoughts on these 3 things. so im going to put them all down here. hopefully it can help someone better themselves.

so, i get asked a lot what do you recommend for me to do regarding..., or what should i take, how many grams of carbs should i eat. all that.

my thoughts revolve around and pertain to building a balanced physique that holds quality muscle that can be maintained well into your 40's. why 40's? cause if you truly love doing this your going to be doing this for a long time. a physique that is respectably bigger than most guys who train, but still isnt so big that you are shunned by the general public. something that someone would look at and say 'shit, id like to look like that one day'. something admirable. not a sideshow.

im not saying that being a bber isnt cool- to each their own. i think you can achieve any look that you want your body to have. but for me, as i got older i realised all that being that big does is screams insecurity issues and attract guys. thats it. why the fuck would i want that?

so, how do you build the perfect physique- perfect for yourself- not perfect for what others thinks is perfect? cause at the end of the day this should be about you, not wanting to build something for someone else.

HOW TALL ARE YOU?

the first thing is you have to take your height into consideration. typically the taller you are, the more lean tissue you are going to have to hold to look feasibly respectable. for me at my height- 6'2, id say the upper limit of what i would find balanced without going over board would be 230. anymore than that and your getting 'too big'. i dont want to be 'too big' anymore. thats 230 and 5-6%. i'll get to bodyfat next. so, if your a short guy, you'll have to be conscious of how big your getting, cause you'll honestly hit 'that point' a lot sooner than us tall guys. its a bitch being tall. what can i say. ya its great in that being tall = respect, but its very hard to fill out a tall frame properly.

DONT GET FAT

typically you'll never want to get over 8% bf. why? exactly- what the fuck for? it serves no purpose whatsoever and makes the fat harder to get off later on. i have found the leaner i am, the more energy i have, the more efficient i become a burning cals, the better i feel mentally and physically. i came to realise that for myself, that overeating is a depressant- it actually causes a chemical reaction in me whos symptoms are eerily similar to depression. i become withdrawn, lazy, unmotivated, listless- all kinds of downside. thats just not cool. if you find you go thru swings in your mood, take a closer look at your diet, specifically your cal and sugar intake the day before. i can almost guarantee you'll find a direct correlation. so stay lean. theres no reason to get fat. which leads to my next thing- eating big to get big.

EAT BIG TO GET BIG

this is one thing i wish would die a slow painful fucking death- you have to eat big to get big. really? what the fuck for? what builds lean tissue? carbs? fats? no- protein. what are carbs and fats then. they are energy sources. so, why the fuck would anyone take in more fats or carbs than they need to meet their energy requirements? oh cause you need to eat big to get big? really. no you eat big to get fat. take in enough protein to keep your body repairing and growing and enough fats and carbs to give you the energy you need to get thru your day. YOU DO NOT NEED A CALORIE SURPLUS TO CREATE LEAN TISSUE. you can create tissue in a deficit. so why the fuck would you think you need to eat big to get big. stimulus+anabolics+ample protein= growth. end of fucking story.

TRAINING

i've done it all. what works for me is strictly instinctual training sessions. i know what im going to train that day, i dont know the exercises the rep ranges the number of sets it all goes by feel. the one constant is that i always train to failure. i always use as much weight as i can properly managed to get a good rep range in, and i always listen to my body- if im not feeling a particular exercise that day WHY THE FUCK WOULD I DO IT- so i can feel my joints work? if you cant feel what your doing, drop the weight, or find a different exercise. leave the ego at home. nobody cares what your lifting bro, and if they do they are a pimply faced kid of 17. who gives a fuck what he thinks.

i never rest between sets. what i have come to find interestingly enough is that my pace slows down as my muscle fatigues, so by the end of my workout when i find myself sitting on the bench getting ready for my next set, its time to pack it in. im tired and my muscle is fried. why train a fried muscle? get in and get out. my workouts dont last longer than 30min typically. why only 30 min? cause i hit my whole body 3 times in 8 days. i dont need to be in the gym for an hour.in fact given the way i train its counterproductive. stimulate growth, dont smash it cause your going to be hitting it again in 48 hrs.

i believe in frequency over heavier weights. some guys will pound the fuck out of that muscle group with big weight, then not train it for a week. i'll run the pump, train it 3 times in a week. thats 3 times your initiating growth. works for me. if your not getting the gains you expect to get get off your ass and start hitting everything every 48 hrs. yes your going to be sore. your body will adapt. its a remarkable mechanism. with that adaptation comes growth. look at people who perform repetitive movements every day on a job that requires the use of a particular muscle group. its developed way more than the rest of their body. so much for over training.

ANABOLICS

if you can afford gh use it. you wont need more than 4-5 iu a day. i like hyges. imo they are the best of the chinese generics. the truth of it is, the more you use, the bigger you'll get. i dont believe in being a kamikaze. i dont believe in using big gram cycles. why? whats going to happen when you go off if you havent built up to that dosage? not even go off, what going to happen when you drop the dose to a bridge? welcome to shrinksville, population : you. how do you avoid this- easy. use only enough to keep your body growing. thats it. the slower the gains, the more quality they are. this is a marathon not a sprint. when do you think is going to happen to boston lloyd when he goes off? hes going to deflate like a popped balloon. you want that? i dont. its godamn hard to lose lean tissue when you use an intelligent approach to anabolics usage when you need to go off. i have been on 200mg of enanthate e4-5d since the last week of dec. thats 3.5 months almost- all i have lost is the look the anabolics gave me- the fullness and density. i still weigh the exact same. when you put it one slow, it'll come off slow. its really that simple.

FIND YOUR FAVOURITES

what to use and how much? well, i like to use a year round base of test and i dont go over 300mg a week. my ceiling is around 750mg. to be honest this summer i'll prolly not go above 400mg a week and not use tren. i have used some nosebleed numbers in my day. i didnt look any better. but i was fucking big. thats not the look i want, so i drop the dose. its about using the dose you need for the look you want, not a wholesale shotgunning of mega doses and hoping it all works out in the end. in fact the less anabolics i use, more responsibly the better i look. i used to run 2g all year. fuck i wish i knew then what i know now. as for compunds im a huge fan of long estered versions of compounds like masteron and tren- i find they give a better density to the cell than the faster esters. i like masteron in the summer as it will keep you dry as long as your carbs and sodium are in check. tren for the obvious reasons. i love var. and the only other anabolic id recommend is npp. those are my core anabolics. the trick is to find those that you respond best to and cycle them in depending on the look you want to achieve. i have found that i react better some some compounds more than others- there is def not a level playing feild when it comes to the bodies utilisation of all compounds. find those that work for you. i dont use anti es to stay dry- they dry my joints out and hamper my recovery.

i think thats about it. if i havent mentioned it, its not worth mentioning -insulin for example- in my day i used a ton of it. i think you'll look better without it.

im not saying this a be all/end all definitive guide for everyone to follow. im saying this is what works for me.

any questions fire away.

AMAZING post.

I have personally found many of the things no one mentions to be my truths as well.

Please continue to bring the knowledge.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2014, 09:32:36 AM »
GOOD READ,,GREAT PIC..

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2014, 09:37:28 AM »
I think it got nuked in the "Flex only takes 1300mgs thread".

i spoke to a friend who has met neil and he laughed when i said about flex being on 1300mg aweek. He said hes been on since 16 with no breaks and goes on a dialisis( not sure if spelt right) machine aswell .

Simple Simon

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2014, 09:40:44 AM »
i spoke to a friend who has met neil and he laughed when i said about flex being on 1300mg aweek. He said hes been on since 16 with no breaks and goes on a dialisis( not sure if spelt right) machine aswell .
Why would he go on dialysis?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2014, 09:42:07 AM »
Does this mean that 5 grams isn`t the "sweet spot" ?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2014, 09:43:57 AM »
I agree with no one, when dieting I like to eat just once or twice a day. I'm not a snacker.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2014, 09:44:49 AM »
Why would he go on dialysis?

to take stress off kidneys because hes on soo much gear. All top pros do, they were talking about why ronnie looks like shit now because when the money has gone he cant afford to go on the machines etc. One of the guys conpeted in amercia with lee priest and said when he was in the car with them he thought the engine was running but it was just the guys breathing, thats when he was like fuxk this lifestyle and quit. He promotes the drug free health n fitness side of the supplement industry now.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2014, 09:46:21 AM »
to take stress off kidneys because hes on soo much gear. All top pros do, they were talking about why ronnie looks like shit now because when the money has gone he cant afford to go on the machines etc. One of the guys conpeted in amercia with lee priest and said when he was in the car with them he thought the engine was running but it was just the guys breathing, thats when he was like fuxk this lifestyle and quit.
I`ll have to call bullshit on this one bro.