Author Topic: Who fasts here?  (Read 4969 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Who fasts here?
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:11:32 AM »
I try to fast one day a week, usually Mondays.  I like the way it makes me feel, it has health benefits associated with it, and it helps with fat loss....also, it's one less day a week that I need to worry about cooking/cleaning/eating.

I'd recommend giving it a try, although dealing with the hunger can be difficult for those not used to it.  Once you get through the initial hunger pangs, around noon or so, you'll find that you have a great energetic sensation and you'll feel "light" on your feet....this feeling is probably the main reason I do it, it's like a natural high.

Share YOUR experiences with fasting itt

the trainer

Re: Who fasts here?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 08:19:04 AM »
You are a dumbfuck hope that helps.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 08:19:35 AM »
I always fast between meals.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 08:20:10 AM »
You are a dumbfuck hope that helps.

your gay lol XD

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 08:31:34 AM »
It's true about the high.

The purest and cheapest high there is with no crash :)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 08:56:32 AM »
I always fast between meals.

Beat me too it..fuck :D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 08:57:39 AM »
Fasting is like dancing, only women and homosexuals perform that act.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 09:00:30 AM »
I fart... a lot.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 09:04:41 AM »
I prefer to slow

dustin

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 09:31:40 AM »
I like to do intermittent fasting but I haven't been as strict as I like to be. I normally have a small meal at work like oatmeal, but do the majority of my eating in the evening after the gym. If I can go the day without eating until evening I shred up quickly.

Just picked up some free metformin. Cleaning up my eating first, then going to start committing to fasting hard again. I'll be taking time off work for paternity so I'll be active all day (versus sitting in an office) which will make things much easier. When you're stressed and sit all day it's so easy to get hungry and turn to food.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 09:39:58 AM »
Excellent post virgin. I've been doing some fasting ever since reading gal and no ones book.

For me I have found that to do a 24 hour fast it's best to eat a meal late afternoon or normal dinner time lets say 6:00pm. Go to bed hungry, sleep 8-9 hrs then when I wake up I am almost never hungry so I can complete the fast with another 4-5 hours then break the fast with dinner.

I've done 30+ hours before. Like other say the high is pretty nice the further you get. I'm wanting to do a 48 hr soon to see what that's like. I think no one has done that before.

Also intermittent fasting is good. Eat in a 8 hr window and fast 16.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 09:41:08 AM »
Not I .

Simple Simon

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 09:43:11 AM »
I tend to eat regularly because I'm not a big eater.
I couldn't get enough food in on 1 meal a day.

I can go a long time without food but I know its not good for the reasons I gave earlier.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 09:49:15 AM »
I do 7 days once or twice a year.

I figure it makes up for a multitude of sins.

It's also a great excuse to get away from a wife and 2 kids... "Right - who's up for 7 days without food with a coffee enema before bedtime?"

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »
Similar to Pedro - I usually fast a week or 6 days every year. It's a good mental clean out as well as a rest for your body.

Depending on how I'm feeling, I may also not eat once a week, or not eat until midday. I think it's done me a lot of good.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 01:12:25 PM »
I usually break my fast in the morning.
A

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 02:40:30 PM »
How does one's cognitive competences fare during the fasting day, Virgin? Is your ability to 'think' at all hindered, akin to transitioning to keto or some such?

dustin

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 02:49:30 PM »
I feel great when I fast. No cognitive issues. Sometimes I actually think more clearly. If I'm cutting carbs and going keto, I can feel shitty unless I fully commit and cut them right out.

I've determined that I can't do keto. Carbs are hiding everywhere and I don't like to cut them out, I enjoy them too much. Going low carb eliminates the haze, makes meal prep easier and I still lose just as much fat. Full keto makes me feel so horrible that I think my cortisol and adrenals get shot and I end up looking shittier anyway. I just cut the cals (mainly from carbs) and I lose weight. I don't think full keto is the bees knees unless you've done it, can tolerate it and see good results. I stopped trying to make it work and I haven't looked back.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 03:13:55 PM »
Your body is set to preserve energy pretty fast so I wouldn't fast too much. Usually when I get sick and can't eat for a couple of days I grab ahold of the opportunity and really push it for as long as I can. Feels great, like your cleansing yourself.

But the same feeling I get when cutting,, the elevated mood and focus that comes when you're hungry. The body is set to hunt and exert itself to find new energy. I really dig it.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 03:19:52 PM »
How does one's cognitive competences fare during the fasting day, Virgin? Is your ability to 'think' at all hindered, akin to transitioning to keto or some such?

No not at all....I go to school and I work full-time at a dotcom and I like to think i do pretty well at both.   Once my blood-sugar stabilizes, about 12-16 hours after my last meal, I don't feel hungry and I think more clearly than I can after eating.

That being said, I do recall having some difficulties for the first month or so.  A lot of it was mental, thinking that I was losing muscle, etc. Once i got over that and my body adapted, it was no problem at all.

After doing this for a year, being full just makes me feel sluggish n slow... so even on days i do eat, I eat most of my calories at the end of the day.

Also, I am the type of person who functions very well on low-carbs.  I suspect that people who are able to handle lots of carbs with no problem may have more trouble with this, perhaps due to better insulin sensitivity.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 06:33:57 PM »

thanks kneegars

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 08:53:44 PM »
I skip breakfast some times and just drink ice tea.  ;D
A

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 08:56:04 PM »
I skip breakfast some times and just drink ice tea.  ;D

That's basically intermittent fasting lol. 

Give a good day-long fast a try sometime, you might like it  :)

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 11:41:43 PM »
I went three days with no food with the exception of a few crackers recently when I got sick ;D

I wasn't particularly hungry after the first day.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 12:25:51 AM »
How does fasting affect the optimal functioning of the anabolic window process.

It seems like the anabolic window would be boarded up, in anticipation of the catabolic hurricane known as fasting.

Lots of muscle fibres withering away in this thread.