Author Topic: Who fasts here?  (Read 4957 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Who fasts here?
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 12:34:43 AM »
During fasting, can you drink water?

I dont understand how anyone can report feeling good from fasting. Explain this to me please. Starving oneself does not seem like a pleasant experience.
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 12:40:35 AM »

I dont understand how anyone can report feeling good from fasting. Explain this to me please. Starving oneself does not seem like a pleasant experience.

Lol of course you can drink water.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 12:43:09 AM »

Yeah, water and tea or coffee.

It sucks until you're into it, but IMO you think more clearly and start to feel better overall. Just takes some time.

(no galeniko)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 12:43:24 AM »

Some people report euphoric feelings. I try to avoid long periods of not eating, but I remember similar experiences (no homo, no hippie)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 12:43:46 AM »
Some people report euphoric feelings. I try to avoid long periods of not eating, but I remember similar experiences (no homo, no hippie)

lol

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 01:03:24 AM »
Lol of course you can drink water.

Arent there some religions where you cannot even drink water?

Or are we just talking about fasting for not religious purposes?
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2014, 01:04:01 AM »
Yeah, water and tea or coffee.

It sucks until you're into it, but IMO you think more clearly and start to feel better overall. Just takes some time.

(no galeniko)

Start to feel better overall? Explain this to me.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2014, 01:04:51 AM »

;D

Hmmm, euphoric feelings...Interesting.
X

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2014, 01:10:43 AM »
when I was young I used to spend my cash on drugs and women then I would fast to the next paycheck. other then that no...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2014, 01:13:44 AM »

;D

Hmmm, euphoric feelings...Interesting.

For a few seconds I thought my name was Adolph.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2014, 01:20:32 AM »

You get hungry, you get alert. Your vision sharpens and hearing gears up. A clarity sets in like you adjust the focus on a camera.

Your body feels light like you can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

You realize you and all people eat way too much and that it is a burden. You feel free and less dependant on external things.

Your bloodsugar stabilizes and a certain confident calm washes over you and the mood evens out in a straight line.

You can drink and eat small amounts and keep this feeling.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2014, 01:25:14 AM »
As for why.. I think the body produces euphoric and energetic feelings to get ready to find some food! :)

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2014, 03:20:10 AM »
of course you should drink water. Total abstinence won't benefit anything.

I usually drink water, herbal teas, and vege or vege/fruit juices.

First day is easy, second day is usually the challenge, after that it's all good.

You feel like you have more energy (when you probably don't). I did notice this time around at day 5 I was starting to struggle with my German and had to really concentrate to speak it properly. I broke the fast the day after.

Breaking a fast correctly is also important. You have to restart slowly. It was about 4 days before I ate any animal products again.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2014, 04:17:36 AM »

Arent there some religions where you cannot even drink water?

Or are we just talking about fasting for not religious purposes?

We are talking bodybuilding bro, not religion.  8)

I see a lot of people talk about blood sugar stabilizing so I will give my thoughts on that.  For example yesterday I ate dinner consisting of chicken and rice and a couple egg rolls and small salad. I was full not stuffed. So after about 4 hrs I get my appetite back. This is just blood sugar playing games with you and stabilizing. Don't eat at this point. Once at around the 10 hour mark it is pretty well stabilized and easier to continue with the fast. The key is not to eat that meal when you get hungry a few hrs after you ate.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2014, 05:24:42 AM »

Start to feel better overall? Explain this to me.

I think it's like the way we felt when we were kids. No aches or drowsiness during the day, falling asleep easier and waking up easier.

I've done it a few times and I've done the Dr. Oz fast a few times where you drink smoothies. (no homo)

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: Who farts here?
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2014, 05:26:59 AM »
 :)

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2014, 06:47:25 AM »
I started Kiefer's backloading and it requires a morning fast until noon-ish. I gotta say, the first day was horrible. I was hazy, even balancing while walking was difficult. I'm on day 4 now and I feel much better. Its not a "real" fast like you guys do that last a week. No idea how you can go that long without food! I'd shrivel up into nothing and feel like complete shit.
In general I do feel much better throughout the day after the fast and I'm surprised how well I sleep now!

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2014, 06:59:43 AM »
I think it's like the way we felt when we were kids.

Good description. It's a lot like that with the sustained energy. It's either how we felt as kids or more like the memory of how we felt as kids.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2014, 07:00:50 AM »
I fasted for a day once during Ramadan, just to see what it'd be like to be a smelly cunt

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2014, 07:07:58 AM »
I fast once or twice a week. Have been for years.

It doesn't hurt anything as far as my physique is concerned. I'm not positive about the overall benefits, but it bothers me in the least.

The first 16 hours are a breeze for me.

I may drink a carbonated energy drink with no carbs... sounds funny "carb and carbonated" but have nothing to do with eachother. Ha ha

Fasting helps you keep your priorities straight. It also helps you realize things about food.

When it is time to eat again, you really notice just exactly what food does to you dependent upon what you choose to eat. It's a good way to test how you get along with certain foods.

I enjoy fasting and I will also work out during a fast. No problem.

Oh, and don't forget. Less time spent in the can on those days too...

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2014, 07:23:10 AM »
I fast once or twice a week. Have been for years.

It doesn't hurt anything as far as my physique is concerned. I'm not positive about the overall benefits, but it bothers me in the least.

The first 16 hours are a breeze for me.

I may drink a carbonated energy drink with no carbs... sounds funny "carb and carbonated" but have nothing to do with eachother. Ha ha

Fasting helps you keep your priorities straight. It also helps you realize things about food.

When it is time to eat again, you really notice just exactly what food does to you dependent upon what you choose to eat. It's a good way to test how you get along with certain foods.

I enjoy fasting and I will also work out during a fast. No problem.

Oh, and don't forget. Less time spent in the can on those days too...

Ah but that's my ME time. Especially while at work  ;D Nothing like getting paid to poop!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »
Ah but that's my ME time. Especially while at work  ;D Nothing like getting paid to poop!

Lol ~ only if you can play on your phone ~ like..looking a those things you can't look at on the Internet while "working" so hard.

dustin

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2014, 07:57:15 AM »

After the hunger pains subside, that's when euphoria sets in for me. They get really intense and I can feel like shit, but once they're gone I feel fantastic and all the hunger disappears again.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2014, 08:08:57 AM »

Yes, lots of water/tea/coffee... nothing with any caloric content though.

As for your second question, 50-60% of your BMR is just your body digesting and assimilating nutrients.  The gastrointestinal tract is basically one big muscle.  Now if your body doesn't have to expend that energy to digest food, that is that much more energy you'll have available for other activities.

You know how you feel lethargic and sluggish after eating a really big meal?  That's your body diverting available energy to the digestion process.... fasting basically makes you experience the OPPOSITE of that sensation.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2014, 08:11:32 AM »
Breaking a fast correctly is also important. You have to restart slowly. It was about 4 days before I ate any animal products again.

Could you expand on this?  I've never fasted as long as you have, usually only 36-48 hours, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on how to best break the fast