Author Topic: Unemployed and loving it!  (Read 7051 times)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Re: Unemployed and loving it!
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2014, 01:00:12 PM »
Weekly Unemployment Benefit: $514
Health Insurance: Free with 0 deductible/copay
Fuel Assistance: $795 Winter 13-14
Food Stamps: Application being processed.

This is a time in my life to stop and smell the roses. To sleep in. To enjoy that second cup of coffee in the morning. Lifting weights and buying protein powder with this free money. Movies from Redbox and sleeping like a baby in mid afternoon. I love it!

Unemployment is a joke here. 188 euro/week whether you have been working a E100k/year job for 20 years paying taxes or you never worked a day and just drink on the street. I paid taxes for years through PRSI from working as an employee and owning a business and being self-employed yet when I hit hard times I had trouble getting a penny because I had been self-employed.

You see heroin addicts and alcoholics who never worked a day getting it easy but entrepreneurs and self-employed have no safety net. It's a disgrace. Working 2 jobs now for shit money (relatively speaking) but I'll get back on the ladder earning good money soon. Miss making 2k/week after taxes in mid 20's. Thought the gravy train would never end. (I'm Irish, it did.)  :-[

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2014, 01:18:55 PM »
That's why I love being American.  The USA has my back. Now let's just hope I get approved for those food stamps. Now for a bowl of ice cream...

buy some gear.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2014, 01:24:30 PM »
That's why I love being American.  The USA has my back. Now let's just hope I get approved for those food stamps. Now for a bowl of ice cream...
[/quote

Germany and other countries with sense give you six months where you get half your old wages (up to a limit I presume) to get back on your feet so you can still pay the bills and encourage you to find work quickly. Here, you lose your job, you're fucked, and it has happened a lot of people in the last 5/7 years. 4% unemployment to 15% with wages dropping.

Would leave in a heartbeat if I didn't have a son and strong ties here.

I always heard welfare system in USA was shit, is that just for lifetime bums? If so, that's the right system.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2014, 02:31:50 PM »
gonna suck going back to work soon :-\

but at least i can retire in a few short years with my investments ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2014, 03:05:38 PM »
Is there any reason for an able-bodied male to get any kind of unemployment, welfare, etc., beyond say 3 months? Seriously. U can always find some kind of work. U can work at a fast food restaurant, stand outside Home Depot with the Mexicans, etc., until u find something better.

you would really rather work fast food than make more money sitting at home doing whatever you want?

E
E

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »

What  :o , no more royalties from sales of 6 golden records  :'(

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2014, 05:12:25 PM »
I'll tell you something, the human body comes up with some funky smells when you don't shower and you run out of toilet paper. McDonald's napkins are alright but don't really get the job done.

You sound like a real winner. I'm assuming there is no woman in your life. You know how turned on they are by unemployed men with no goals and aspirations and who don't shower and eat McDonald's. Wonder if your family is proud of you and what your working friends think of you. They must have so much respect for your high level of integrity. Something tells me you never really went much beyond high school in your academics?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2014, 05:14:20 PM »
The trolling is weak with this one

But in the off chance this is true, gravy train will end sooner than later and you'll be stuck being a lowlife. HTH

Sounds like he already is a lowlife and he clearly doesn't realize it, or doesn't care.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2014, 05:15:48 PM »
The scary thing is that maybe a handful understand what you are saying - even scarier is that you are dead on balls accurate.

Your post implies that you have experience working just enough hours in order to go back on unemployment?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2014, 05:17:06 PM »
its true. I worked my whole life from 12 on, until I went to school. ... then when I graduated I had a period of 4-6 months while I was moving and finding a job.... when I started working again it was horrible for about 6 months.

horrible.
either dont stop working or never start again, because youll want to off yourself quickly.

So you worked from birth until 12 and then stopped?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2014, 05:17:57 PM »
Serious question, how can you feel like a man when you can even get a job And not even trying to find one?

He'll block out those word. Trust me.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2014, 05:19:10 PM »
job is just a means to an end

i laugh at you morons who pride themselves so much in having one

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2014, 05:19:43 PM »
Level 17 Mage Troll detected. He's been at this a while folks. Well crafted trade. I'll allow it.

Nah, sadly (and pathetically), he's the real deal. Something tells me this winner doesn't have enough initiative and pro-activity to go to the trouble of trolling. It would expend to much energy for him.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2014, 05:21:32 PM »
The unemployment days.. Really takes me back. I was depressed as hell then. You feel worthless and as if you're contributing nothing to society. Feels so much better to be productive and EARN a paycheck. I do miss the carefree attitude and wearing shorts/schmedium t-shirt everyday.

You're a real man. The OP doesn't feel worthless. I mean he created a damn thread because he's proud of himself.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2014, 05:22:08 PM »
I finally got my ass a job (in sales) and just moved out of the parents house

I'm fckn 31, bout damn time

8)

A job in sales? So, in other words, you didn't get a job yet?  ;D

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2014, 05:25:02 PM »

You sound like a real winner too. That's the image you want to portray as being an American? MANY Americans are hard working and don't sit on their lazy asses and collect food stamps like you do.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2014, 05:37:26 PM »

This is a time in my life to stop and smell the roses. To sleep in. To enjoy that second cup of coffee in the morning. Lifting weights and buying protein powder with this free money. Movies from Redbox and sleeping like a baby in mid afternoon. I love it!

Sounds like 95% of obama voters  ;D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2014, 05:40:58 PM »
It's not really welfare. It's insurance that you pay into.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »
It's not really welfare. It's insurance that you pay into.
id have no problem with that. The problem is the majority of peoole pulling dont/have never paid into the system. I feel like you should only be eligible if youve made a certain minimum contribution based on age... that would eliminate a lot of abuse.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2014, 06:16:29 PM »

The US dollar will be worth MUCH less as time goes by... it probably will not exist then.

Get gold and/or silver or get debased.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2014, 01:31:34 AM »
The US dollar will be worth MUCH less as time goes by... it probably will not exist then.

Get gold and/or silver or get debased.
???

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2014, 03:23:05 AM »
A job in sales? So, in other words, you didn't get a job yet?  ;D

I got hired on as a trainer but with my degree and cert. they made me an asst manager after a week, been 2 months now and I am a manager in charge of personal training sales, commissions and bonuses -- got myself a nice apartment in char and I'm out if fckn armpits shit stain hickory, worst town in nc

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2014, 04:30:03 AM »

I recommend going back to school during this time of "figuring out the system"
I

skillion

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2014, 12:16:58 PM »
I recommend going back to school during this time of "figuring out the system"
I'm recharging the batteries right now. School sounds like too much work. On a side note I'm about to eat a delicious chicken pie.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2014, 01:19:45 PM »
Unemployment is a joke here. 188 euro/week whether you have been working a E100k/year job for 20 years paying taxes or you never worked a day and just drink on the street. I paid taxes for years through PRSI from working as an employee and owning a business and being self-employed yet when I hit hard times I had trouble getting a penny because I had been self-employed.

You see heroin addicts and alcoholics who never worked a day getting it easy but entrepreneurs and self-employed have no safety net. It's a disgrace. Working 2 jobs now for shit money (relatively speaking) but I'll get back on the ladder earning good money soon. Miss making 2k/week after taxes in mid 20's. Thought the gravy train would never end. (I'm Irish, it did.)  :-[

SMM, you posed as a British person a few days ago. Today you're Irish  :D

SMM, if you want to stop outing yourself, quit your incessant bragging  :-X