Author Topic: Nevada Rancher Taking on Gov’t, Battle Reaching Breaking Point  (Read 8144 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Nevada Rancher Taking on Gov’t, Battle Reaching Breaking Point
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 08:27:50 AM »
The gov has the right to say move your shit.  Once that didn't happen, they can fine him etc. I guess they can grab the cattle...but they should dump them on his land. The land grab to save some fucking turtles is ridiculous. Nobody got to vote on that 240....the EPA is way out of control. I suspect if a vote was held, they weren't getting any or all of the acreage to keep the turtles. Once sniper teams were deployed the gov crossed the line. While some of the guys might sympathize with the farmer..somebody there is willing to shoot his entire family over a turtle. Make no mistake getbig...where I ordered to kill unarmed US civilians I would execute the official so ordering that and turn my men and equipment over to Gov Perry or whoever was opposing Obama and his bullshit. The guy is dangerous.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2014, 08:37:52 AM »
Exactly HH6  - this pos govt is no longer legitimate whatsoever.  its lawsless junta. 

People like 240 are a disgrace - they are lemmings to the state and go along w anything and everything. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »
240 will be stuck in a camp..cause gun owners even if they turn their shit in..still liked guns and that's a crime in liberal obamaland. So quick to jump on the 9-11 bandwagon...but nothing about Barry.
L

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2014, 11:33:42 AM »
In Nevada the law says you can graze your cattle on public land. Fuck the feds

Isn't he supposed to pay grazing fees, though?  And didn't he stop paying those fees back in '93?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2014, 11:42:55 AM »
This is about radical enviro Nazi communist shitbags getting the Obama junta to stomp out a rancher.  And useful idiots like 240 eat it up always./

Rancher has had his say in court numerous times and lost every time.

Rancher not only decided not to comply with court rulings but also went so far as to threaten a "range war" with the Feds. 

Shockingly, lol, the Feds take that kind of talk seriously...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 12:15:54 PM »
The penalty for grazing cattle on Fed land is a 7.62 bullet to the head. Round up his cattle...dump them in his front lawn...ignore the 'range war" shit and that's the end of it. OR we can go the Obama out of control route and kill his family "see ruby ridge' and make it a goddam rally cry for every ultra far right winger to the folks on Prison planet.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 12:17:51 PM »
“It’s high time for the BLM to do its job and give the [endangered desert] tortoises and the Gold Butte area the protection they need and are legally entitled to,” senior Center for Biological Diversity scientist Rob Mrowka told the Mesquite Local News. “As the tortoises emerge from their winter sleep, they are finding their much-needed food consumed by cattle.”

I have raised cattle on that land, which is public land for the people of Clark County, all my life. Why I raise cattle there and why I can raise cattle there is because I have preemptive rights,” he asserted, explaining to TheBlaze that this includes the right to forage, too.

Furthermore, Bundy has argued that it is the United States trespassing on Clark County, Nev., land, not he, and that he is a better steward of the land. He points out that the manure from his cows fertilizes the soil, that he’s built water sources for wildlife, and that his cattle prevent the vegetation from growing overly dense and creating a fire hazard.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 12:18:46 PM »
Bundy has vowed to do whatever it takes to protect his property, and his 14 children and hundreds of supporters stand behind him. Dave Bundy, his son, was arrested on Sunday afternoon while attempting to film the contract cowboys at work, and cited for failing to disperse and resisting arrest.

Thus far, 234 cows have been impounded as the Bureau of Land Management has temporarily closed the public recreation area. Bundy’s plea to the Clark County Sheriff to intervene was stymied as the action fell under federal jurisdiction.

While the last rancher in southern Nevada argues “it’s a freedom issue,” federal officials are executing the “no trespassing” court mandate.

Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval weighed in with a statement Tuesday scolding the Bureau of Land Management:

“Due to the roundup by the BLM, my office has received numerous complaints of BLM misconduct, road closures and other disturbances. I have recently met with state legislators, county officials and concerned citizens to listen to their concerns. I have expressed those concerns directly to the BLM,” Sandoval said.

“Most disturbing to me is the BLM’s establishment of a ‘First Amendment Area’ that tramples upon Nevadans’ fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution. To that end, I have advised the BLM that such conduct is offensive to me and countless others and that the ‘First Amendment Area’ should be dismantled immediately. No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans. The BLM needs to reconsider its approach to this matter and act accordingly.”

Whether violence and bloodshed can be avoided remains to be seen.
L

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 12:25:41 PM »
“It’s high time for the BLM to do its job and give the [endangered desert] tortoises and the Gold Butte area the protection they need and are legally entitled to,” senior Center for Biological Diversity scientist Rob Mrowka told the Mesquite Local News. “As the tortoises emerge from their winter sleep, they are finding their much-needed food consumed by cattle.”

I have raised cattle on that land, which is public land for the people of Clark County, all my life. Why I raise cattle there and why I can raise cattle there is because I have preemptive rights,” he asserted, explaining to TheBlaze that this includes the right to forage, too.

Furthermore, Bundy has argued that it is the United States trespassing on Clark County, Nev., land, not he, and that he is a better steward of the land. He points out that the manure from his cows fertilizes the soil, that he’s built water sources for wildlife, and that his cattle prevent the vegetation from growing overly dense and creating a fire hazard.

What does "preemptive" mean in this context?  Has the rancher or his family ever actually owned the land in question?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 12:30:28 PM »
The penalty for grazing cattle on Fed land is a 7.62 bullet to the head. Round up his cattle...dump them in his front lawn...ignore the 'range war" shit and that's the end of it. OR we can go the Obama out of control route and kill his family "see ruby ridge' and make it a goddam rally cry for every ultra far right winger to the folks on Prison planet.

If I hear what you're saying, I agree with it, mostly.  The government should be careful not to overreact and needlessly cause a tragedy here. 

Maybe it's a skewed version of how things are (that I get from the media I read/watch) but it unfortuately seems like de-escalation is becoming a lost art these days among government enforcers of all levels.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2014, 12:34:33 PM »
I think the Gov took it in the 30's. If 2-3 dudes with weapons holstered, like many the local police show up with the BLM dudes and cattle trucks....nothing much will happen. A 200 man Infantry company supported by sniper teams, helicopters and armored vehicles...yeah this guy is gonna go a little nuts. He appears to have a big family.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2014, 12:53:55 PM »
This govt is no longer legit - its a leftist gestapo run by communist shitbags and traitors voted into office by equally worthless pos who want us to become a totalitarian regime where the rights of a turtle outwieigh people eating, etc

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »
This govt is no longer legit - its a leftist gestapo run by communist shitbags and traitors voted into office by equally worthless pos who want us to become a totalitarian regime where the rights of a turtle outwieigh people eating, etc

Can't be that bad if SC-type folks are allowed to make their noise all day long, though.

Funny story, if you're in the mood.  I heard this on a Thai/USA visa forum:

Back in the late days of the GWB admin, a US citizen and his Thai wife went to a parade (in TX, I think) where GWB was going to be passing through.  Well, near the street corner where they were standing were a couple of protestors being loud and waving anti-Bush signs.  The man thought nothing of it but his Thai woman became noticeably uncomfortable and began urgently telling her husband that she wanted to "klapp baan" (go home).  After unsuccessfully trying to find out what was wrong with her, he took her home where he got the whole story:  She was worried that government employees or sympathizers would soon be coming by to beat the shit out of those protestors and anyone else in the general vicinity because that's the it often happened in Thailand (under PM Taksin, especially). 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 07:48:34 AM »
This is about radical enviro Nazi communist shitbags getting the Obama junta to stomp out a rancher.  And useful idiots like 240 eat it up always./

you thought lawmakers in Colorado shouldn't have to follow the same gun laws as John Q. Public.

I just think if the land is owned by the federal govt, and they ask you to move - ya can't get all upset about it.  Change the law or file paperwork - but the minute he violates the law, then resists arrest - because he feels "entitled" to something that doesn't belong to him?  WTF?  Liberal territory.

If I dont like a law, I work to change it.  I don't just pick and choose which to follow - that's what shitbird liberals do... break the law when they disagree with it.  That's what criminals and illegals do.  On the other hand, true Americans that respect this nation will follow the law and FIX IT when it's wrong.   I mean, do you think this dude should ignore the law cause he disagrees with it?  Suppose the crack dealers in NYC decide they disagree with the law.  Maybe we stop respecting murder laws too?   Dude, the law is the law - cant pick and choose.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2014, 07:55:30 AM »
Do you think the government is infallible...because that's what your last post basically says. This guy may be wrong...but if the Gov comes in guns blazing they have abdicated their responsibility under the Constitution. We don't have guns in this country to hunt...we have guns to ensure that the gov does not get out of hand. They got out of hand at Ruby Ridge and Waco. As far as voting goes..yeah every state that has opposed gay marriage did so with a vote...and then the douchbag judges change the law. The EPA can do whatever the fuck it wants. 
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2014, 08:12:37 AM »
Do you think the government is infallible...because that's what your last post basically says. This guy may be wrong...but if the Gov comes in guns blazing they have abdicated their responsibility under the Constitution. We don't have guns in this country to hunt...we have guns to ensure that the gov does not get out of hand. They got out of hand at Ruby Ridge and Waco. As far as voting goes..yeah every state that has opposed gay marriage did so with a vote...and then the douchbag judges change the law. The EPA can do whatever the fuck it wants. 

This is about the use of govt lands.
They told him to please move his cattle out of this spot.
He responded by declining and fighting and getting arrested.

Suppose the crack dealer on teh corner decided to "fight" when police told him to stop selling drugs on public street.
Suppose I think I should be able to use the private bathrooms in congress cause I want to shit in style?
Suppose I want to fly my remote control airplane right over restricted air force base?
Suppose I want to have a picnic on the White House lawn?  Hey, whats the big deal?

Look, we dont have to like every law, but to start getting rowdy when we don't like it?  NOPE. 

This isn't a dem or repub thing - I'd have an issue with this dude breaking the law with Bush in office too.  If you don't like the law, change it.  This reminds me of Jeb saying it's cool for illegals to come here because it's an "Act of love". 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2014, 08:28:59 AM »
Cause raising cattle is the same as a crack dealer  ::)

This is about the use of govt lands.
They told him to please move his cattle out of this spot.
He responded by declining and fighting and getting arrested.

Suppose the crack dealer on teh corner decided to "fight" when police told him to stop selling drugs on public street.
Suppose I think I should be able to use the private bathrooms in congress cause I want to shit in style?
Suppose I want to fly my remote control airplane right over restricted air force base?
Suppose I want to have a picnic on the White House lawn?  Hey, whats the big deal?

Look, we dont have to like every law, but to start getting rowdy when we don't like it?  NOPE. 

This isn't a dem or repub thing - I'd have an issue with this dude breaking the law with Bush in office too.  If you don't like the law, change it.  This reminds me of Jeb saying it's cool for illegals to come here because it's an "Act of love". 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2014, 08:29:07 AM »
The dude says its his land.....the gov seized it..now they're going overboard by sending in sniper teams.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2014, 08:38:30 AM »
Cause raising cattle is the same as a crack dealer  ::)

AHHH -

So now you're saying it's okay to break small laws, but not big laws?
Or non-violent are okay, but drugs are a problem?

Dude, you can't bend like that.  A lawbreaker is a lawbreaker.  Crossing border is only a misdemeanor - maybe we just let that go too?  :(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2014, 08:43:12 AM »
I don't trust the government...and I trust them less now then under Bush. This guy is not slinging rock or crossing the border..he has cattle that graze on land that the fucking EPA wants to hold for friggen turtles. Fuck the turtles.....but ok fine....move his cattle...don't deploy Velcro Commandoes with Remington 700's  to scare the shit out of people.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2014, 08:46:26 AM »
AHHH -

So now you're saying it's okay to break small laws, but not big laws?
Or non-violent are okay, but drugs are a problem?

Dude, you can't bend like that.  A lawbreaker is a lawbreaker.  Crossing border is only a misdemeanor - maybe we just let that go too?  :(

I can be like that - this is where tyranny takes over and it comes down to lemmings like yourself just sitting idly bye and accepting anything any everything all the time or people saying F You to these worthless scymbags

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2014, 09:52:18 AM »
I can be like that - this is where tyranny takes over and it comes down to lemmings like yourself just sitting idly bye and accepting anything any everything all the time or people saying F You to these worthless scymbags

Hey, you can call me every name in the book - but you're okay with breaking laws when you see fit.  Obama does the same thing, right, and he belongs in prison for it.

This guy is pissed that the govt USED to let his cattle graze on federal lands, and now they temporarily told him to leave one section of it, so he refused and made a stink and ended up resisting arrest and they brought out a sniper because, well, I'm guessing he was armed and he was screaming about some WACO shit?

Can't break laws when it feels good.  Change them, don't resort to being a criminal.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2014, 10:04:20 AM »
Hey, you can call me every name in the book - but you're okay with breaking laws when you see fit.  Obama does the same thing, right, and he belongs in prison for it.

This guy is pissed that the govt USED to let his cattle graze on federal lands, and now they temporarily told him to leave one section of it, so he refused and made a stink and ended up resisting arrest and they brought out a sniper because, well, I'm guessing he was armed and he was screaming about some WACO shit?

Can't break laws when it feels good.  Change them, don't resort to being a criminal.

SC sympathizes with the rancher because the rancher is defying the court order out of love, I think.  (Also, the rancher happens to be white, lol.)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2014, 10:15:23 AM »
The BLM said they took Dave Bundy into custody following his “failure to comply with multiple requests by BLM law enforcement to leave the temporary closure area on public lands.”

That about sums it up.  He's ready to go to war because he feels entitled to use land he doesn't own, and they asked him to leave for a bit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 10:18:10 AM »
The BLM said they took Dave Bundy into custody following his “failure to comply with multiple requests by BLM law enforcement to leave the temporary closure area on public lands.”

That about sums it up.  He's ready to go to war because he feels entitled to use land he doesn't own, and they asked him to leave for a bit.

Maybe he doesn't trust that this govt will do the right thing by his cattle. 

Personally  - the fact that the Obama junta puts all this effort into this vs the border speaks volumes. 

Not to you I know - but to most people who see the priorities at work here.