Author Topic: The Gospel of Jesus' Wife  (Read 6579 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: The Gospel of Jesus' Wife
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 08:52:22 AM »
Wow, so somebody with an agenda writes a manuscript 800 years after Jesus died claiming he had a wife. The manuscript is PROVEN to be 800 AD years old......so that mean kids:

It's completely true, Jesus is a liar!!!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:05:10 AM »
good to know jesus was no fagg

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 09:11:41 AM »
Wow, so somebody with an agenda writes a manuscript 800 years after Jesus died claiming he had a wife. The manuscript is PROVEN to be 800 AD years old......so that mean kids:

It's completely true, Jesus is a liar!!!

but you trust the apostles recounting?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 09:13:40 AM »
but you trust the apostles recounting?

If I had to trust my whole lifestyle, and eternal soul on someone's 'recounting' i'd be an anxious man. I trust in God 100% that the scripture in the bible is what I need to live life on earth wisely, and make it to heaven.

If I take the God factor out of it all, I would be doing a hell of a lot of research on everything.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 09:15:20 AM »

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 09:18:14 AM »

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 09:23:04 AM »
The actual history of jesus has been so convoluted/edited/manipulated over the millenia to suit various agendas, nobody really knows 'the real truth' anymore.

Wouldnt surprise me in the least if he had a wife (mary magdelene) as there is a good deal of evidence that points to that bei g the case.

With this subject, it just comes down to what story you choose/want to accept. We honestly dont have a clue of who/how jesus the man really was. If he were to come down today and see the vatican, he sould probably say 'lol wtf'.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 10:49:27 AM »
I thought Mary M was his side-piece.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 10:55:52 AM »
This argument baffles me honestly. Why is it so offensive to Christians that Jesus might be married? Wouldn't it be wierd to be 30 and NOT married at that time? Like accused of being gay and stoned to death for not being married? Hopefully someone can explain why, if he was married, it some how changes their beliefs.
$

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 11:01:14 AM »
This argument baffles me honestly. Why is it so offensive to Christians that Jesus might be married? Wouldn't it be wierd to be 30 and NOT married at that time? Like accused of being gay and stoned to death for not being married? Hopefully someone can explain why, if he was married, it some how changes their beliefs.

The bride of Christ is his church.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 11:08:37 AM »

Especially if he looked like this. You know he would get all the women back then if he was jacked.

X

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 11:09:01 AM »
This arguement baffles me honestly. Why is it so offensive to Christians that Jesus might be married? Wouldn't it be wierd to be 30 and NOT married at that time? Like accused of being gay and stoned to death for not being married? Hopefully someone can exain why, if he was married, it so show changes their beliefs.

My guess is that it's seen as an assault on Jesus' divinity (and authority).

Jesus stated that His kingdom is not of this world. So why would He need a wife?

Plus, at His crucifixion, He appears more concerned with the care of His mother (assigning such to John), which is more in line with a single man than a married one.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 11:10:25 AM »

Especially if he looked like this. You know he would get all the women back then if he was jacked.

word.....Team Big Ole Buff Jesus

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 11:11:02 AM »
My favorites lol

X

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 11:14:37 AM »
I didn't get The Davinci Code how they were all turned on about Jesus' lineage.  If you weren't a follower then wouldn't you not really care if he had descendants?  Running all around 2000 years later and at the end it's all to find some goofy sequestered broad.  I'd be pissed off if I was Tom Hanks. 

Was it trying to discredit Catholicism but maintain Jesus' divinity?

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 11:19:43 AM »
My guess is that it's seen as an assault on Jesus' divinity (and authority).

Jesus stated that His kingdom is not of this world. So why would He need a wife?

Plus, at His crucifixion, He appears more concerned with the care of His mother (assigning such to John), which is more in line with a single man than a married one.

Makes no sense... He stated he had human desires and cravings. And like I said, how was he not stoned to death earlier as a gay? Maybe he was crucified because he wasn't married??? :o
$

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 11:20:52 AM »
Because sex is viewed as vile, rift with sin...Mankind has always had a problem with it's own sexuality. Jesus was supposed to be "pure", "perfect". Absolved of all sin. And the mental imagine of him putting the Hebrew hammer down on Mary M, is too much for many people of Christians to think about. If Christ was having sex (and enjoying it), it blows many things out of the water when it comes to modesty, sex, etc...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 11:23:34 AM »
My favorites lol

I admit that although most of the memes are completely inaccurate and inappropriate some still make me laugh. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 11:27:20 AM »
I admit that although most of the memes are completely inaccurate and inappropriate some still make me laugh. 
It's reflective of our uber-cynical, selfish society. Funny and sad at the same time.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 11:30:44 AM »
Because sex is viewed as vile, rift with sin...Mankind has always had a problem with it's own sexuality. Jesus was supposed to be "pure", "perfect". Absolved of all sin. And the mental imagine of him putting the Hebrew hammer down (like a hammer on a block...) on Mary M, is too much for many Christians to think about. If Christ was having sex (and enjoying it), it blows many things out of the water when it comes to modesty, sex, etc...

Sex isn't viewed as vile, in and of itself. Sex, outside of marriage, is a different matter.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »
It's reflective of our uber-cynical, selfish society. Funny and sad at the same time.

No doubt.  Shoot I was a product of that myself. 

I love these depictions of Jesus.....brown hair (sometimes very light brown), straight flowing locks, typically light colored eyes, fair skin, 6'3", 225lbs, flowing white robes LOL. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 11:34:49 AM »
I wonder why people always think that only one person was named Jesus back then.  I bet there were a lot of people named Jesus.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 11:37:45 AM »
I wonder why people always think that only one person was named Jesus back then.  I bet there were a lot of people named Jesus.

I was actually thinking about that exact thing not long ago......how many folks were named Jesus at that time.  I have no idea.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 11:43:45 AM »
There are still tens of millions of people today names Jesus