Author Topic: STUPID Republican Voters  (Read 14218 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: STUPID Republican Voters
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 10:36:19 AM »
totally agree.  and when I bring attention to their infantile view they accuse me of being a Republican who watches fox news.  why?  because that's the fallback comeback when they have no rational argument of their own.

i mean shit these mother fuckers STILL TALK ABOUT SARAH PALIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  that's how little of a ground their arguments have to stand on.  that's all they have.  its horrible.  

funny thing is I have always been the first to admit that there's no logical reason why I think the Republicans should have won the election in 2008. I have no reason to believe that Mitt Romney would have done a better job. but I also have the luxury of not being attached to the balls of a political party.  but they are.  they've claimed their allegiance and they're trying to be good little soldiers.  and they have to prove their loyalty on a daily basis.  

in their defense it must be exhausting to a slave to a political party.  

The funniest/saddest part is that some of the most fanatical obama/democrat supporters on this board DONT EVEN LIVE IN AMERICA

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 11:08:33 AM »
The funniest/saddest part is that some of the most fanatical obama/democrat supporters on this board DONT EVEN LIVE IN AMERICA

right.  like when someone from Europe will claim to know more about how much taxes the rich pay than an actual tax preparer from the US.  Its mass media's fault really.  TV emboldens these people with the belief that they can understand US tax by what they see on a 2 minute news clip.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 10:33:38 PM »
right.  like when someone from Europe will claim to know more about how much taxes the rich pay than an actual tax preparer from the US.  Its mass media's fault really.  TV emboldens these people with the belief that they can understand US tax by what they see on a 2 minute news clip.

Who gives a poop about taxes and the IRS? 
I'm in this thread to see some Rich man's dick, ...and I wanna see it now! (please)   :P
w

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 02:18:14 PM »
Who gives a poop about taxes and the IRS? 
I'm in this thread to see some Rich man's dick, ...and I wanna see it now! (please)   :P

republicans only care about rich people and hate poor people.  democrats want to help poor people and none of them are rich.  they don't care about money.

there's 95% of all what I see on here.  I have to share my air with people who actually believe this.  its absolutely horrifying.

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 03:46:04 PM »
republicans only care about rich people and hate poor people.
This is correct. Ironically, even for republicans who are themselves poor. ::)

democrats want to help poor people and none of them are rich.  they don't care about money.
The first part is correct. I am not sure how you arrived at the part in bold though. ???

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 03:53:58 PM »
The first part is correct. I am not sure how you arrived at the part in bold though. ???

Democrats care as little for poor and middle class whites as the Republicans do.  Poor and middle class have two choices; support the political party that panders to them but doesnt care(republicans) or vote for the party that openly scorns them and passses legislation against their interests(democrats).  Not much of a choice.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 04:02:42 PM »
Democrats care as little for poor and middle class whites as the Republicans do.  Poor and middle class have two choices; support the political party that panders to them but doesnt care(republicans) or vote for the party that openly scorns them and passses legislation against their interests(democrats).  Not much of a choice.

that must be why Obama and some Dems are pushing for higher minimum wage

that must be why Dems kept pushing to extend unemployment benefit

that must be why Dems pushed to pass the ACA and expansion of Medicare

All legislation that goes against the interests of the poor and middle class

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 04:17:47 PM »

ACA doesnt help the middle class.  Its another tax on working people to subsidize the poor.  Higher minimum wage is only going to increase costs for the consumer.  If they wanted to help the poor they wouldn't allow millions of illegals to drive down wages and they wouldnt give them amnesty.  
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 05:26:18 PM »

ACA doesnt help the middle class.  Its another tax on working people to subsidize the poor.  Higher minimum wage is only going to increase costs for the consumer.  If they wanted to help the poor they wouldn't allow millions of illegals to drive down wages and they wouldnt give them amnesty.  

if you ask the working poor if they want a higher minimum wage what do you think they would say?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 05:48:13 PM »
if you ask the working poor if they want a higher minimum wage what do you think they would say?

Everyone feels they should be paid more. 
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2014, 07:08:11 PM »
Everyone feels they should be paid more. 

I assume that's a yes

Is there any proof to your claim that raising the minimum wage raises costs to the consumer or harms the consumer or the economy

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2014, 07:19:07 PM »
I assume that's a yes

Is there any proof to your claim that raising the minimum wage raises costs to the consumer or harms the consumer or the economy

Common sense.  Increased expenditures are passed along to the consumer in order to maintain profit margins. Paying for the higher wages has to come from somewhere.    CEOs sure as hell aren't going to lower their salaries.  Higher wages is why American made goods cost more. Go to any store and compare prices.
A

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2014, 07:22:45 PM »

This a factually-challenged statement.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 07:23:50 PM »
Common sense.  Increased expenditures are passed along to the consumer in order to maintain profit margins. Paying for the higher wages has to come from somewhere.    CEOs sure as hell aren't going to lower their salaries.  Higher wages is why American made goods cost more. Go to any store and compare prices.

so would it be common sense that states or cities that have raised the minimum wage must have also seen either higher prices or a drop in sales or some other detrimental offsetting effect?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »

You believe that because you're a zealot.  You're the 3333 on the opposite end of the spectrum.
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 07:28:01 PM »
so would it be common sense that states or cities that have raised the minimum wage must have also seen either higher prices or a drop in sales or some other detrimental offsetting effect?

The push toward globalization and the erosion of the American manufacturing base driven by the search for cheap labor is evidence of that.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 07:32:39 PM »

I beg to differ, ...and quite frankly, I believe CEOs should accept a little less in salaries if they want to maintain current price points. But let us look at how increased wages for workers would impact the consumer price point.

If Walmart Paid It's Employees A Living Wage

There is a very high cost to low prices, and it goes well beyond the financials.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 07:39:17 PM »

Absolute truth.  Not just higher wages, but anything that increases the cost of doing business results in higher costs passed along to consumers.  And the consumers hit hardest are the ones who can least afford it.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2014, 07:39:44 PM »
I beg to differ, ...and quite frankly, I believe CEOs should accept a little less in salaries if they want to maintain current price points. But let us look at how increased wages for workers would impact the consumer price point.

If Walmart Paid It's Employees A Living Wage

There is a very high cost to low prices, and it goes well beyond the financials.

Im not arguing against people being paid more or CEOS being paid less or more modestly.  What it comes down to is profit margins.   The cost of paying higher wages has to be made up by cutting or increasing cost somewhere.  
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2014, 08:42:55 PM »
The push toward globalization and the erosion of the American manufacturing base driven by the search for cheap labor is evidence of that.

I'm talking about the minimum wage and whether it has a detrimental effect on sales, prices, etc..

If you have some proof that raising the minimum wage has caused the push toward globalization and erosion of the American manufacturing base then please post it or you can just directly answer my question

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2014, 08:55:58 PM »

STFU Benny

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2014, 01:41:42 PM »
I'm talking about the minimum wage and whether it has a detrimental effect on sales, prices, etc..

If you have some proof that raising the minimum wage has caused the push toward globalization and erosion of the American manufacturing base then please post it or you can just directly answer my question

as minimum wage rises, so does unemployment, so do prices to consumers.  I mean this is basic, like first chapter Macroeconomics shit.  ridiculous that you question something economists have known for literally hundreds of years. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »

you cannot be serious with this post.  I don't even know where to start.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2014, 01:43:18 PM »

ah college kids.  so cute.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2014, 01:43:44 PM »

LMFAO!!!!!