Author Topic: More global warming bushit  (Read 7044 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: More global warming bushit
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2014, 08:51:03 PM »
So what does you being a drug pusher, with a steroid addicted wife have to do with policies?

Start another thread on it. This one here is about politics. Before anyone says it's a global warming thread, "global warming" is purely political.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2014, 08:52:35 PM »
Start another thread on it. This one here is about politics. Before anyone says it's a global warming thread, "global warming" is purely political.

Coach > Scientists (PhD's).

Next thing Coach is going to say that modern medicine sucks because scientists are stupid and do not know anything!!  :D :D
X

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2014, 08:57:17 PM »
Start another thread on it.....

Nah, I already saw the thread where somebody was interested in "your" drug use.  I'm not interested in that.

I'm more interested however in: how you keep those republican morals and good ol' christian ethics separate from your drug pushing, drug using, and steroid pimpn'.  Please explain.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2014, 03:21:25 AM »
One thing I do find troubling is that if you are not convinced by the global warming brigade that you are suddenly labelled a 'denier'. This used to be a word for people that wouldn't accept the holocaust but is now being used to smear sceptics as much as possible. The global warming bandwagon rolls on attempting to discredit and crush anything in its way.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2014, 04:03:03 AM »
One thing I do find troubling is that if you are not convinced by the global warming brigade that you are suddenly labelled a 'denier'. This used to be a word for people that wouldn't accept the holocaust but is now being used to smear sceptics as much as possible. The global warming bandwagon rolls on attempting to discredit and crush anything in its way.

Dude the data is overwhelming, everyone who looks at it (experts) come to the same conclusion. We are dumping to much greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. 

What other explanation fits? we have ruled out every other major factor in climate control, sun spots, emissions, currents etc. A paper was just released stating they are 99% sure it's human induced. Typical science, leaving that 1%, liars. How come they don't know everything?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2014, 04:25:52 AM »
So scientists can predict what the world is going to be like 10, 20, 30 years from now but consistently fuck up the weather forecast a week away?
 ::)

Scientists are the new high priests.
Science is great as it helps us to understand things but the biased output from the scientific community is not.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2014, 04:26:54 AM »
Scientists are the new high priests.
Science is great as it helps us to understand things but the biased output from the scientific community is not.

Fucking retards.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2014, 03:38:10 PM »
Former NASA Scientist: Global Warming is Nonsense

by Nick Hallett 26 Apr 2014, 6:00 AM PDT

A former NASA scientist has described global warming as "nonsense", dismissing the theory of man-made climate change as "an unsubstantiated hypothesis" and saying that it is "absolutely stupid" to blame the recent UK floods on human activity.

Professor Les Woodcock, who has had a long and distinguished academic career, also said there is "no reproducible evidence" that carbon dioxide levels have increased over the past century, and blamed the green movement for inflicting economic damage on ordinary people.

Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/04/26/Former-NASA-Scientist-Global-Warming-is-Nonsense

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2014, 03:41:28 PM »
do you really think that all the pollutants that are emitted 24 hours a day all around the globe have zero effect on the environment and the atmosphere?

A straw man, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on the misrepresentation of the original topic of argument. To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2014, 06:11:56 AM »
Former NASA Scientist: Global Warming is Nonsense

by Nick Hallett 26 Apr 2014, 6:00 AM PDT

A former NASA scientist has described global warming as "nonsense", dismissing the theory of man-made climate change as "an unsubstantiated hypothesis" and saying that it is "absolutely stupid" to blame the recent UK floods on human activity.

Professor Les Woodcock, who has had a long and distinguished academic career, also said there is "no reproducible evidence" that carbon dioxide levels have increased over the past century, and blamed the green movement for inflicting economic damage on ordinary people.

Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/04/26/Former-NASA-Scientist-Global-Warming-is-Nonsense

What the fuck is this dude talking about? reproducible evidence? lol the records of Carbon dioxide which are meticulously measured in every country, that type of data? that type of evidence isn't enough?

Also, what the in the sweet fuck is he getting on with, climate change is a fact, a hypothesis is that humans are doing it, so far the data fits that hypothesis better. We can make predictions using it.

I wonder if he is a climatologist

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2014, 06:41:26 AM »
This argument always fascinates me. As is usually the case, ignorance on the subject is widespread despite everybody having an opinion.

Lets look at some simple facts that are neither for or against climate change but simply state the obvious:

1. The Earth's atmosphere is what keeps the temperature on Earth moderately constant. When the Sun's radiation hits the surface of our planet it is reflected back; the atmosphere traps some of this reflected radiation and keeps heat within the Earth's environment. Similarly, the radiation of the Sun does not hit us at full strength because the atmosphere acts as a protective buffer. The result is that we get a temperature on Earth that is fairly constant with no extremes at either end of the scale.
If we contrast this with the moon (roughly equal distance to the Sun) which has NO atmosphere, the temperature is high during daylight because the full strength of the Sun's radiation hits it's surface but plunges to extreme lows at night because no solar radiation is trapped. No life survives there particularly because of the freezing conditions.

2. There are gaseous elements and compounds in the Earth's atmosphere that trap reflected heat. These gases (often referred to as Greenhouse gases) essentially act as a blanket of insulation and prevent the Earth's surface temperature plunging to extreme lows at night.

3. Atmospheric CO2 is one of the gases that insulates the Earth. Other insulatory gases in our atmosphere include ozone, nitrous oxide and methane.

Now even without going into the empirical evidence that shows that the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere have increased significantly and that the Earth's surface temperature is increasing here are three questions that, based on the above facts, you need to ask yourself:

1. What does CO2 in our atmosphere do?
2. Are we currently increasing the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere (and have we been increasing them over the last 150 or so years)?
3. If the answer to question 2 is yes, what does that mean?

Remember, don't simply believe and repeat other peoples views. Gather the facts for yourself and come to your own non-biased logical conclusion.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2014, 07:20:17 AM »
What the fuck is this dude talking about? reproducible evidence? lol the records of Carbon dioxide which are meticulously measured in every country, that type of data? that type of evidence isn't enough?

Also, what the in the sweet fuck is he getting on with, climate change is a fact, a hypothesis is that humans are doing it, so far the data fits that hypothesis better. We can make predictions using it.

I wonder if he is a climatologist
With respect my friend I think there is a very long way to go to convince people that global warming or its newer incarnation climate change is real, or particularly, being directly affected by humans. It is being sponsored by the same bought and paid for politicians and feels disingenuous at best. I appreciate fossil fuels are finite and we need to be looking at alternatives but attempting to pull the wool over people's eyes is not the answer.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2014, 09:45:19 AM »
With respect my friend I think there is a very long way to go to convince people that global warming or its newer incarnation climate change is real, or particularly, being directly affected by humans. It is being sponsored by the same bought and paid for politicians and feels disingenuous at best. I appreciate fossil fuels are finite and we need to be looking at alternatives but attempting to pull the wool over people's eyes is not the answer.

I totally disagree, you seem to think this climate change is us centric, is every government in on it? even warring factions? every single reputable climate organization in the WORLD agree, it's man made.

You believe in a world wide conspiracy, meticulously orchestrated. You also believe that the fossil fuel energy is being out lied by the alternative fuel crowd (absurd beyond belief). The reality and the only one that makes any fucking sense, is it's real and big oil is attempting to quell dissent from fossil fuels.
Global warming is a fact, it's not up for dispute. Just like the number 5 coming after 4 is not in dispute. We can see the temps for 100's of years, and thousands more (ice cores) etc and the globe is heating up. Now why that is occurring was the question. We have the answer, we are raping the earth.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2014, 09:49:34 AM »
I wonder how people believe that changing the constitution of the atmosphere wont have an environmental impact.
A

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »
I totally disagree, you seem to think this climate change is us centric, is every government in on it? even warring factions? every single reputable climate organization in the WORLD agree, it's man made.

You believe in a world wide conspiracy, meticulously orchestrated. You also believe that the fossil fuel energy is being out lied by the alternative fuel crowd (absurd beyond belief). The reality and the only one that makes any fucking sense, is it's real and big oil is attempting to quell dissent from fossil fuels.
Global warming is a fact, it's not up for dispute. Just like the number 5 coming after 4 is not in dispute. We can see the temps for 100's of years, and thousands more (ice cores) etc and the globe is heating up. Now why that is occurring was the question. We have the answer, we are raping the earth.

Yes good points. The fact is that there is concrete evidence showing that the levels of atmospheric CO2 have increased dramatically (by around 45%) in the last 150-200 years, which coincides with the beginning of the industrial revolution and the mass burning of fossil fuels. The aggressive and sudden nature of this increase suggests that it is something more than a "natural trend".

If climate change is not contributed to by humans how else can this sudden CO2 increase be explained? Skeptics have yet to put forward an alternative hypothesis.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2014, 11:32:02 AM »
Yes good points. The fact is that there is concrete evidence showing that the levels of atmospheric CO2 have increased dramatically (by around 45%) in the last 150-200 years, which coincides with the beginning of the industrial revolution and the mass burning of fossil fuels. The aggressive and sudden nature of this increase suggests that it is something more than a "natural trend".

If climate change is not contributed to by humans how else can this sudden CO2 increase be explained? Skeptics have yet to put forward an alternative hypothesis.

They have but they all fail in each model. Sun spots, solar flares, solar output, ocean currents, tilt, "natural cycles", tectonics, pollution (seems to be a driver of extreme weather) etc. have all been proposed. None work, we know the sun's output, we have satellites etc.

We know our atmospheric composition, the models used by computers are deadly accurate, they replicate climate very accurately. Unless there are some major unknown variables it's CO2 emissions, deforestation.

I agree with you.