Author Topic: No pros allowed  (Read 10905 times)

BigIronMike25

Re: No pros allowed
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2006, 12:19:45 PM »
I am simply trying to state a fact taht some pros might be a little disillusioned on juice when handing out advice to pure natties, got it.  peace

Allright bro, my bad....i misunderstood you!!  Your 1st remark just wasnt detailed enough....sorry for the mixup!  good luck to you!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2006, 12:28:14 PM »
THIS is single-handedly the most uneducated, unintelligent, short-sighted, bullshit remark I've ever heard on this whole board!!!  Dude your comment reeks of nothing but jealosy!  Come on bro, i know tons of juicers and they look no where near pro bb standards...in fact some look like total shit from eatin shitty and drinkin like a fish!!!  If it were all about the juice, Id be in the pros instead of my regular job....

PEOPLE dont realize that most of the pros were freakin huge before they even touched a syringe.  Ronnie Coleman was a solid 245-260 naturally before he began competing....Some of you bastards really need to brush up on some research before you post stupidass shit like this!

If you choose not to juice, I'm all fine with that...i stayed natural a long damn time!  I have a lotta respect for natural bbs but damn dont go hatin on others just because they view things a little differently....If one chooses to juice its his business and no one elses....Ive gotta lotta people at my gym who hate on me for liking anabolics....yet they go out and smoke weed, snort coke, and drink like hell and yet they are on my ass for moderate steroid use...JUST BECAUSE u aint got the BALLS to try something dont go bashing those who do!!!  the best attitude you can have is "to each his own" and thats the way i look at it.

well said. i have said before i am not anti-steroids, but rather pro natural.

BigIronMike25

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 01:11:40 PM »
well said. i have said before i am not anti-steroids, but rather pro natural.

Nice line Goudy, i like it!

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2006, 08:25:29 AM »
This simply boils down to an explosive, accelerating movement being more effective.
But if we take a closer look at a gymnast specialized in rings, we see massive shoulders and arms. Most of the forces his muscles are subjected to are slow or static movements. Besides explosive movements more controlled slow movements have a place in a BB scheme. These are the excercises that build functional strength and increase muscle tone (in my experience). 

snatch_clean

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 09:20:11 AM »
This simply boils down to an explosive, accelerating movement being more effective.
But if we take a closer look at a gymnast specialized in rings, we see massive shoulders and arms. Most of the forces his muscles are subjected to are slow or static movements. Besides explosive movements more controlled slow movements have a place in a BB scheme. These are the excercises that build functional strength and increase muscle tone (in my experience). 
What the deuce is "functional" strength? Another over-used misnomer. For a weightlifter functional strength is demonstrated in the two classical lifts. A strongman does a lot more "static" lifts like a farmers walk and keg lift for example but that does not make him "functionally" stronger. Since when did a gymnast become stronger than a weightlifter?
Motor skills do not translate from one to another. Improving your clean will not improve your deadlift. However if you strengthen the muscles required in the deadlift by cleaning, performing good mornings and training your hip and knee extonsors your deadlift will improve,. Keep in mind that you will have to do a little deadlifting to keep your motor skill fresh, but you will get stronger in the deadlift without ever attempting a PR.

Keep running your mouth if you want to get humiliated like cauthon did.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 06:09:49 PM »
All strength is functional.
"Shut the F up and train"

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »
I mean how can they give advice to build muscle when they only did it on the juice anyway.

Most of the information that I know about training correctly has been learnt from steriod users, some of them really know there stuff. Reason
1) these are the people who stood out to me when I first started
2) a lot of them are passionate about learning the nuances of training, eating, etc.

Of course the same thing can be said about non drug users right.

You do know that there are Pros who compete in natural feds right? Also you have Jeff Willet and Kai Green who claim natural statis (I say claim because I'm not a mind reader) you can learn a lot from these cats.