Author Topic: Training program changes.  (Read 2156 times)

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Training program changes.
« on: January 21, 2006, 05:44:20 PM »
I was just wondering after how many months u guys switch up you programs, lot of people are telling me every 3 months is a good time frame for that. Just thought id get some peoples opinions, because ive been stuck at a platoe for like 2 months at the same weight im pushing and same body weight no realy muscle difference and ive changed what im doing twice in the past 3 months thought id get some opinions, thanks guys.
Aint a hobby, way of Life

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Training program changes.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 07:31:23 PM »
I change things up constantly. I'll stick with a basic plan for a time, but within that plan things are never the same. For example, the order of the exercises, amount of rest between sets, DB vs. BB for a particular lift, etc.

The most important thing you may need to do is to examine your diet. Are you getting enough to eat to allow for growth? You may think you are, but keep up with your daily intake for a wk or so, and you may be able to pin point some of your problem.

Another thing, are you getting enough sleep? This is very important, because if you are being deprived of enough rest, you will be depriving yourself from good progress.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 08:06:27 PM »
a deload, or a break from training should be taken at least after a period of 8 weeks, or at most 10 weeks. This applies IMO even more strongly to regular non-periodised programs like max-ot or something. This is one of the few things that just happens to be mentioned in the max-ot program, so it is one of the few things I agree with in the max-ot program, although the rationale provided for the layoff is dubious.
follow the arrows

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 09:39:31 PM »
Yah my sleeps been the shits lately I just moved to the big city and in a new place getting settled and new job and im still a little messed by the changes. My diet has been eating less cause on a lower budget for a little while so yah maybe my eating and sleeping effecting it alot thats true , thanks.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 08:18:18 AM »
A break, and a program change, of course, are two different things.  While I agree with haider about frequency of deloads or rests, i also think people tend to change their routines too often to "shock" the body and end up making little progress.  I feel it's best to find something that really works for you, do that for two cycles of eight weeks, then change it up for one cycle, then return.
:-)

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 11:48:52 AM »
Thanks that sounds like it could work.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 06:19:29 PM »
yeah if your at a plateu i'd change it but i stay consistant if im still gaining good.
bodybuildersreality.com

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 06:43:08 PM »
because ive been stuck at a platoe for like 2 months at the same weight im pushing and same body weight no realy muscle difference

Plateu!? you told us since you moved you gained like 17lbs.... which is it Jr Franco
big or bust

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 10:24:54 PM »
LOL what are u talking about show me where ive said I put on 17 pounds since i moved haha!

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 07:37:02 PM »
i remember you telling us that you are now 245,"because your mom has been feeding you like crazy"
big or bust

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 02:31:06 AM »
I'm 235 man i left at like 233 ive put on 2 pounds and i dont think its that healthy, I never said that.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 07:18:24 AM »
yeah if your at a plateu i'd change it but i stay consistant if im still gaining good.

Thats what I was gonna say.  No need to change anything if your gaining.  It's when you stop gaining you need to schock your muscles into new growth.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 06:59:05 PM »
I'm 235 man i left at like 233 ive put on 2 pounds and i dont think its that healthy, I never said that.
fair enough...hows the little man doing? still training?
big or bust