Author Topic: barbell-end hack squats ?  (Read 3956 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
barbell-end hack squats ?
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:16:21 AM »
never seen this before....

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
Re: barbell-end hack squats ?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »
never seen this before....

kinda interesting... just tried it... i used my landmine to brace end of the bar... found it a bit easy at the top so i added a band around the end of the bar and under both feet (found value in switching the bar sides half way through)

this might be a new addition to the routine... easy to do at home, thanks for sharing

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: barbell-end hack squats ?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 10:27:39 AM »
That's an interesting exercise, only shows the inventiveness of a BB'ers mind. But it's not close to a BB Hack squat, so not quite sure how that name would apply. Almost like a Sissy squat, with regards to the angle of the body and looks like it may have a certain value in a leg routine. This movement comes close to a slide machine, with the yoke/pads resting on the shoulders. A limit to the amount of weight, with a BB's end, is a strong possibility...to be met soon rather than later.

BB Hacks are one of my favorite leg exercises and have been doing them for years. BB Hacks are when the weight is held/positioned below the waist/hip/glute area rather than on the shoulders with standard BB squats. Whole level of leg dynamics is met with a weight is below the central part of the body.

Just to note;The old hip & back lifts (harness lifts) show the true potential power of the lower body as opposed to regular squatting power. Martial artist, Sumo players (among many other athletics) understand the power and balance from the navel point down to the feet.

Good Luck.

F