Author Topic: Generation Iron - Reviews from users  (Read 7130 times)

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
Generation Iron - Reviews from users
« on: April 22, 2014, 04:26:12 PM »
it was crap
tried to portray BB's as hardworking athletes where everything was so crucial to BB EXCEPT steroids.

there' about 2 minutes in the whole film talking about steroids and NOTHING about how they abuse/mega dose

pretty much keeps the stereotype going that BB's are narcissitic, selfish, self obsessed meat heads

and add to that Heath as Mr O- arrogant, cocky, not respectful of his competition esp Kai
Heath comes across as a complete douche bag- im sure this is no act- im sure this is him in reality

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
Re: Just watched GENERATION IRON
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 04:27:58 PM »
very funny scene, where Branch is riding his horse and gets thrown off it!

i dont think this was set up- looked legit,

basically confirmed that Kai was robbed

showed Heath doing his cheating, standing beyond the white line in the final comparison with Kai

the trainer

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 04:27:58 PM »
So you expect them to talk about mega dosing steroids and their cycles in a bodybuilding documentary, are you retarded.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:29:23 PM »
why not?

if Vlad was trying to give an accurate insight into BB, why not?

the last scene is funny where that big old schmoe fag Katz is looking for his T shirt

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 04:32:32 PM »
ben pakulski was the worst one with his hired Scientist    ::)

he said only one bodybuilder maybe 2 could beat him

dude ended up like 10th or some shit that year

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 04:43:15 PM »
I enjoyed pumping iron when I was teenager who believed it was all about hard work. And the Arnold vs Lou thing was kinda funny.

But I don't think I would be putting any attention to this one. Just look at the "stars", one is a effeminate diva and the other one is a fambloyant bisexual. I'm missing nothing.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 05:11:43 PM »
ben pakulski was the worst one with his hired Scientist    ::)

he said only one bodybuilder maybe 2 could beat him

dude ended up like 10th or some shit that year

that whol Lab was such a crock of shit
basically the lab geeks were BB's who under their white coats were wearing their shorts and workout gear and yes, all the lab geeks were ons teroids too

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 05:54:05 PM »
it was crap
tried to portray BB's as hardworking athletes where everything was so crucial to BB EXCEPT steroids.

there' about 2 minutes in the whole film talking about steroids and NOTHING about how they abuse/mega dose

pretty much keeps the stereotype going that BB's are narcissitic, selfish, self obsessed meat heads

and add to that Heath as Mr O- arrogant, cocky, not respectful of his competition esp Kai
Heath comes across as a complete douche bag- im sure this is no act- im sure this is him in reality

X2.

just saw it too  at first I thought everyone was being a hater about the film (this being Getbig and all)  ...

Too many characters, so little substance in the whole story .

1- What was Pakulki doing in this film ? they have a "Scientist" in the film, but they can't mention steroids dosages so crucial at pro level?

2- Why was Dexter missing? didn't he compete that year? not sure however he was a Mr.O champion already ...

3-Wolf was the perfect dumb meat head trying to make it in show Biz ...LOL I thought he was going to say 'I lift things up and put them down" any min.

4- Kai was the "cartoonist gay BB" that loves to be sweaty. and proud to live like a weirdo getting the attention of pedestrians on their way to work   (he was well spoken though)

5- Victor was the Out of prison Dominican dude with several kids from different mamas (At least he ungayed the film )

6- Branch being dumped by the horse was really funny though.... where was Johnny Jackson to help him up ??

7- Then Arnold says ' You see the big muscles ,but there's not talent behind it"......just to keep the stereotype going .

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHH

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 06:51:37 PM »
also they hardly had any time with Ronnie and ZERO time with Haney- what a fucking insult to Lee Haney

instead they showed that dwon syndrome POS ferrigno brown nosing Heath and Heath lying to Louie, saying he+ his wife are Lou's biggest fans  ::)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
I thought this was the thread I just posted....

Oops?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 07:06:28 PM »
They should have filmed this in the 80s or 90s, before it got circus stupid.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 09:17:17 PM »
Wasn't Cutler a DJockey in the movie?

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 09:24:46 PM »
The beginning made me want to puke right away! With Kai doing his gay routine (even gayer this time !!)in the subway! It fucked the movie up right from the beginning!
Who wants to see this shit ? Of course it gives Bodybuilding an even worse reputation! I was very disappointed. It could have been done much better. MHO.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 10:11:57 PM »
They should have filmed this in the 80s or 90s, before it got circus stupid.

Its not even circus stupid. Its almost like the people they would rely on to showcase as the "athletes" are so disabled from all the drugs they're on, coupled with the disordered eating year round, no real content exists.  If a film crew were to examine say a group of degenerate bulimics, they would achieve a similar story line.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 10:13:57 PM »
Its not even circus stupid. Its almost like the people they would rely on to showcase as the "athletes" are so disabled from all the drugs they're on, coupled with the disordered eating year round, no real content exists.  If a film crew were to examine say a group of degenerate bulimics, they would achieve a similar story line.

So we kinda agree?

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 10:15:23 PM »
entirely

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 10:15:46 PM »
to quote Heath

"the days of training in a basement gym in your hoodie are over.(prob a direct barb @ Kai)
 you cant just be a bodybuilder, you have to be doing other things, be good @ something else"

so, what else besides injecting himself with mega doses of drugs and using hammer strength and cables ,does Heath do?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 10:16:40 PM »
At some point, you kinda become the cumulative stack of your individual acts.  If you have a chip, a grudge, a beef, you're offended, you were hated on, you're the victim, EVERY YEAR, well... that kinda becomes what you are.  

Fans of certain physiques can only defend a BBer so many times before they have to say "great physique, but yeah, over the past decade, I've discovered so-and-so really is a total dick".  

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 10:21:39 PM »
to quote Heath

"the days of training in a basement gym in your hoodie are over.(prob a direct barb @ Kai)
 you cant just be a bodybuilder, you have to be doing other things, be good @ something else"

so, what else besides injecting himself with mega doses of drugs and using hammer strength and cables ,does Heath do?

Or the translation to that could be: "I'm fortunate to have grown off partial reps and minimal effort in the gym.   Fortunate to have a woman 9 years older than me pay all my bills for some time while I did nothing but train and rest whilst getting free drugs and advice from my coat-tail riding trainer".

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 10:26:07 PM »
Or the translation to that could be: "I'm fortunate to have grown off partial reps and minimal effort in the gym.   Fortunate to have a woman 9 years older than me pay all my bills for some time while I did nothing but train and rest whilst getting free drugs and advice from my coat-tail riding trainer".

so true , so true

Heath really IS all drugs, he is the "gift" in terms of genetic response to steroids

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 10:50:15 PM »
At some point, you kinda become the cumulative stack of your individual acts.  If you have a chip, a grudge, a beef, you're offended, you were hated on, you're the victim, EVERY YEAR, well... that kinda becomes what you are.    Fans of certain physiques can only defend a BBer so many times before they have to say "great physique, but yeah, over the past decade, I've discovered so-and-so really is a total dick".  
Well said. Very well said.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 02:21:22 AM »
I'm thinking that a lot of people didn't see what was intended to be portrayed by the producer.

I still stand by my first decision. I liked it.

Good filming. Nice feel. Not amateurish. Slightly trite and contrived but nearly as bad as what we saw on YT... especially Chic. I wonder when he is going to take classes on public speaking and correct syntax?

He sounds like a Doofus half the time.

lmaciver

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 05:22:39 AM »
Am I the only one that actually liked it?  I saw it and thought it was good.  We all know what professional bodybuilding is about so we should realize that the whole premise of them being "hard-working" professionals is a crock of sh*t.  I wasn't expecting Oscar stuff here boys, I just found it a bit entertaining....being a bodybuilding fan and all.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 05:31:18 AM »
Haven’t seen it yet and probably never will.
I know it will be garbage so what’s the point?

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 07:47:05 PM »
If you didn't know about the grapefruit fucking b.s., you really would have been pulling for Kai more.

Phil did come off as quite the douche, especially when crowding Kai during posing.

The horse scene with Branch was classic.

Really, the majority of the crop of guys featured was unimpressive. There has to be some better up-and-comers out there.