Author Topic: How much do you bench?  (Read 56978 times)

Simple Simon

Re: How much do you bench?
« Reply #250 on: May 07, 2014, 02:47:39 PM »
You should post a video of you benching 275 for 20 in this manner, just so we can see exactly what you mean.

;D

Hes a fucking Charlie Bubbles.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #251 on: May 07, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »
You should post a video of you benching 275 for 20 in this manner, just so we can see exactly what you mean.
Camera broke, no videotaping allowed in gym, workout partner not there, nobody to hold camera, can't post video, too many tattoos/scars/distinguishable marks....etc, etc, etc....... ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #252 on: May 07, 2014, 04:01:32 PM »
bench technique makes a huge difference.

I'm guessing most guys here bench "like bodybuilders" with the elbows flared out and having the bar come up high on the chest.... I'll bet $7.35 that if the majority of you guys would train for 2 weeks with a powerlifter.. a legit powerlifter, you'd put 40lbs+ on your bench just by adjusting your technique... tucking your elbows, arch your back, drive with your feet, drop the bar down low below the nipples, "breaking the bar" (squeezing the fuck out of it, none of this 'suicide grip' nonsense) creating external rotation, exct ect ect...

Those are solid points for a 1 - 3 rep max effort. Not sustainable for more than 5 IMO

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #253 on: May 07, 2014, 05:09:52 PM »
So general consensus is that my 315lb @ 170lb bench press is "respectable".

Good, great thread.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #254 on: May 07, 2014, 05:13:18 PM »
Camera broke, no videotaping allowed in gym, workout partner not there, nobody to hold camera, can't post video, too many tattoos/scars/distinguishable marks....etc, etc, etc....... ::)

Still recovering from last underground cage-fight?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2014, 06:20:05 PM »
Still recovering from last underground cage-fight?
Ahh yes, the old "accidentally sewd my fingers together stitching up wounds from a to the death brawl"
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #256 on: May 07, 2014, 06:31:13 PM »
So general consensus is that my 315lb @ 170lb bench press is "respectable".

Good, great thread.

Respectfully dissent.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2014, 07:27:16 PM »
Some of us arent juice monkeys and are shitty benchers too. :D
But you're avoiding the question, where oh where is your pic?

I wish I had the strength of chaos.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: May 07, 2014, 07:31:57 PM »
I can DB press a LittleJ in each hand.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #259 on: May 08, 2014, 01:22:11 AM »
Those are solid points for a 1 - 3 rep max effort. Not sustainable for more than 5 IMO

should use that same form for everything from 1-3 to 6-9 to 8-12 to 15-20.

tweaked my elbow somehow today, so only hit 250 for 25 on the decline, then 225 for 20, after that I was toast.. only had about 1500 kcals up till then, finished out with a couple sets of 185 for 20 with an elbows-flared/bber-style form... then off to the machine presses/flyes

225-275 for sets of 20 are a helluva lot more taxing for me than sets of 365 for 1-3.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: May 08, 2014, 01:48:21 AM »
you should be benching to build muscle

not cheating it with technique to get the most weight

injury waiting to happen

why would anyone need to go below 8 reps when body building

only for ego
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #261 on: May 08, 2014, 03:40:14 AM »

tweaked my elbow somehow today, so only hit 250 for 25 on the decline, then 225 for 20, after that I was toast.. only had about 1500 kcals up till then, finished out with a couple sets of 185 for 20 with an elbows-flared/bber-style form... then off to the machine presses/flyes

225-275 for sets of 20 are a helluva lot more taxing for me than sets of 365 for 1-3.

ahhahahahahahahah....lik e that make any difference whatsoever.
You did eat the day before, right?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: May 08, 2014, 06:22:57 AM »

Using powerlifting bench press techniques for 20 rep sets ::)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #263 on: May 08, 2014, 12:20:09 PM »
Using powerlifting bench press techniques for 20 rep sets ::)

you're criticizing my bench press form? lol... pull down your skirt dude, your panties are showing.

how should I be benching then, know it all?

should I bench like a bodybuilder, with my elbows flared so I can feel everything with my delts and triceps? instead of with my elbows tucked and feeling it with my chest and triceps?

after all, you know my body structure better than me.. right? idiot.

not to mention, elbows tucked is the ONLY way ANYBODY should be benching, unless you want shoulder injuries non-stop.... your post eliminates any 'training knowledge credit' you may have ever had on this forum. I seriously hope you don't pretend to be a 'personal trainer' and advise anybody else with your lame FLEX-Magazine 'knowledge'.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #264 on: May 08, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »
Hard to criticize anyone's bench form if they haven't posted a video.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: May 08, 2014, 02:34:16 PM »
exactly

i do dumbel presses in the 12-15 rep range with good control and feeling in the tits

flex wheeler told me in person

A BODYBUILDER SHOULD NOT TRAIN FOR STRENGTH, STRENGTH COMES AUTOMATICALLY  (or obviously doesnt, in that case so be it)

coleman says "strength has nothing to do with bodybuilding"

"i really am not that concerned with how much weight i am doing because on stage the judges wont be concerned about it either, i am concerned about building quality muscle symmetrical and polished muscles"

now the knuckle heads are saying "but ronnie is so strong"

yes he was, but connect the fucking dots about what flex wheeler said, ronnie got insanely strong automatically, as a side effect of his muscular growth.

anyway, those who know will know, those who dont know dont know, some will learn, most will keep slamming their head in the wall with their ego lifting, so be it, i have spoken

You haven't the foggiest. There are so many buts to go along with what these two musclemen have said. But as I say, you have zero clue. And I am not going to spell it out for you, because even if I did, you still wouldn't grasp a thing.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: May 08, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »
My best bench  at a bodyweight of 192 was 315 for 10 reps. 6 of which I did completely on my own 4 with slight spot.
Single, I did 350 at about the same weight. I never trained for max lifts always trained as a Bodybuilder.
That was a long time ago.

So your best bench was 315 for 6 ... NOT 10. Six is your all-time best, remember that. Not 10.

And ... were you on drugs of any anabolic type?

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #267 on: May 08, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »
So your best bench was 315 for 6 ... NOT 10. Six is your all-time best, remember that. Not 10.

And ... were you on drugs of any anabolic type?
25mgs of D'bol thats it. Don't forget the 350 for a single.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: May 08, 2014, 02:56:07 PM »
25mgs of D'bol thats it. Don't forget the 350 for a single.

Never said it wasn't a decent bench. Just pointing out that, when you're telling folks about your best benching, don't spout that you did 10 with 315. You did six.

And 350 isn't bad at all, no.

Regarding the steroid question, it's worth noting such "help", because this kind of help helps A LOT.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #269 on: May 08, 2014, 02:58:02 PM »
You haven't the foggiest. There are so many buts to go along with what these two musclemen have said. But as I say, you have zero clue. And I am not going to spell it out for you, because even if I did, you still wouldn't grasp a thing.

ronnie and kenneth know better than you

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2014, 03:43:38 PM »
Never said it wasn't a decent bench. Just pointing out that, when you're telling folks about your best benching, don't spout that you did 10 with 315. You did six.

And 350 isn't bad at all, no.

Regarding the steroid question, it's worth noting such "help", because this kind of help helps A LOT.
Could of lied and said 10 unassisted. The question was best bench not if you were clean or not.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2014, 04:04:24 PM »
ronnie and kenneth know better than you

About drugs and bodybuilding contest prep, sure. But I am quite confident my knowledge of weight training, in all its permutations, is greater than that of these two.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #272 on: May 08, 2014, 08:02:47 PM »
Hard to criticize anyone's bench form if they haven't posted a video.

I find it amusing that you whine and cry for me to post a picture when it's you and your little butt-buddies that are the ones claiming that they look better than everybody else, not me. I've never made that claim.

btw, after reading your posts, I can see you are 100% bitch-made insecure little sissy.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #273 on: May 08, 2014, 08:12:42 PM »
Correct me if I'm misunderstanding the post, but does that mean you won't be posting a video of 275 x 20 done with proper form?

:-[

how unexpectedly disappointing .. I was really hoping we'd get to see a great example of how to bench correctly.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2014, 08:45:43 PM »
If you train like a BBer you shouldn't give a shit about bench

I saw this 300lb sweatpig load up 405 the other day and kept looking in my direction obviously wanting a spot, I resolutely avoided eye contact and watched as he almost died trying to lift it.

he probably went home after and posted on bb.com or promuscle about how you have to lift and eat big to get big   ::)

that's what weak people say. 
"its not about how big you are its about what you do with it" thats what guys with small dicks say to women.

l