Author Topic: God did it - metabolism discovered OUTSIDE of the a cell  (Read 8111 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: God did it - metabolism discovered OUTSIDE of the a cell
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2014, 09:29:21 PM »
Why?

Because in religion the "god did it" is pretty much the answer for everything.

Remember the debate between Bill The science guy and the other guy? Whenever Bill mentioned something that we still don't understand the religious guy will say "oh, but we already have an answer for that, it's in the bible".

Yeah, that's why.
That was a simple debate designed for the masses.  Ken Hamm doesn't have much depth. Most likely this was the only religious debate most will ever watch.  I've watched weeks worth of debates that would shred that to pieces.  Unfortunately that's all most folks will ever know.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2014, 10:05:23 PM »
so crack god open whats in him, how can you say god isn't made of other gods, you can never say, it's impossible to say you do is ignorant.
it appears you dont understand what the word God means. God is a name for our infinite, eternal, and omnipotent creator who is spirit.   Your question does not apply.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2014, 10:33:06 PM »
Maybe he did. Tell you what. I'll send this article to a few people I know that are much smarter than you and I and see if I can't get a response.

What good is a response if you lack the ability to interpret it?

But unless you have more studies that can contradict it, it's just one theory.

More studies that can contradict what? Also, you do realize that if you claim "A could never happen" then a single instance of A happening is enough to make you wrong, do you not?

Since your people are constantly trying to prove evolution, we might have to conclude this is a bias article and falls in line with "Global Warming".

First of all, you can't conclude anything, because you have the intellectual capacity of dried parsnip. Which explains why you don't understand how science works: scientists aren't trying to "prove evolution." They have a theory that makes testable predictions, and they are merely testing those predictions. If the observed evidence matches the predictions, they become more confident that the theory correctly describes the underlying processes. If the observed evidence does not match the predictions, then the theory has failed and either a revised or new and alternative theory is proposed, and the process repeats.

Never trust a liberal or atheist to deliver accurate information. It's usually all about their politics and bullshitting the world.

I could ask "as opposed to you and your ilk, paragons of accurate information delivery?" Seriously Joe, get over yourself and start exercising the one muscle you habitually and perpetually ignore. If you do, then maybe you'll realize that the wonderful thing about science is that it doesn't require you to trust anything other than your own mind and senses.

it appears you dont understand what the word God means. God is a name for our infinite, eternal, and omnipotent creator who is spirit.   Your question does not apply.

Oh boy... our resident sequined scrotum-sucking schmuck is at it again.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2014, 10:35:06 PM »
my friend, my belief is grounded in logic. I came to God through  study of the history of philosophical debate on metaphysics.

The simple fact is the either we evoke the supernatural to explain the natural or we accept that the natural is inherently unexplainable.

This is not an odd assertions, but in fact it is this very same assertion that modern science is based upon.

If this is what you believe then that's fine, but these are statements of belief, not of fact.  It's important not to confuse the two if you're going to hold conversations with people and not come off as a close minded zealot.  Surely you can see how someone might doubt the need to 'evoke' the supernatural in understanding physical phenomena?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2014, 10:41:11 PM »
Doesnt mean that rocks turn into rocket scientists tho.

That's awesome!!  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2014, 10:42:03 PM »
Yes, after years of soul searching and posing in bunny costumes, Tbombz has found God. Tbombz only hopes that God possesses a similar bunny suit, so they can both prance around in heaven on soft, fluffy clouds of goodness.

X

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2014, 10:53:18 PM »
If this is what you believe then that's fine, but these are statements of belief, not of fact.  It's important not to confuse the two if you're going to hold conversations with people and not come off as a close minded zealot.  Surely you can see how someone might doubt the need to 'evoke' the supernatural in understanding physical phenomena?
I can understand why someone might think that zero minus 8 is zero. But that doesn't mean its true.

Now, what I said about metaphysics, thats just a FACT. Its not a belief. The fact is the only way to explain everything is to posit God. My belief is that God exists. See, it would also be logical to say that I believe things are unexplainable and that would not contradict the fact that the only explanation is God. I would just be choosing to believe that there is no explanation.

Now, heres the crux=  you can say this caused that, but what you mean is that you saw this precede that, causation is something you did not witness, something you cannot witness, but nonetheless you still have "this" (which preceded "that") to account for. What preceded this? And so forth. But yet, its irrelevant because all we can witness is effects, a mechanical sequence, the cause for the motion of sequence, that original and ultimate prime mover, that is something that even if we see an event without precedent we still cannot speak on for we have not witnessed it.

Causation, origin, metaphysics and the entire universe and every happening inside of it... ultimately, there is onle one possible explanation, which is GOD. Glory to God :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2014, 11:00:08 PM »
I prefer to admit that I don't know every single thing.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2014, 11:01:12 PM »
I can understand why someone might think that zero minus 8 is zero. But that doesn't mean its true.

Now, what I said about metaphysics, thats just a FACT. Its not a belief. The fact is the only way to explain everything is to posit God. My belief is that God exists. See, it would also be logical to say that I believe things are unexplainable and that would not contradict the fact that the only explanation is God. I would just be choosing to believe that there is no explanation.

Now, heres the crux=  you can say this caused that, but what you mean is that you saw this precede that, causation is something you did not witness, something you cannot witness, but nonetheless you still have "this" (which preceded "that") to account for. What preceded this? And so forth. But yet, its irrelevant because all we can witness is effects, a mechanical sequence, the cause for the motion of sequence, that original and ultimate prime mover, that is something that even if we see an event without precedent we still cannot speak on for we have not witnessed it.

Causation, origin, metaphysics and the entire universe and every happening inside of it... ultimately, there is onle one possible explanation, which is GOD. Glory to God :)

Tbombz, if God asks you why you dressed up in a bunny suit, what would you say to him?

X

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2014, 11:10:25 PM »

No. To "posit" God explains nothing at all.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2014, 11:11:08 PM »
What good is a response if you lack the ability to interpret it?

More studies that can contradict what? Also, you do realize that if you claim "A could never happen" then a single instance of A happening is enough to make you wrong, do you not?

First of all, you can't conclude anything, because you have the intellectual capacity of dried parsnip. Which explains why you don't understand how science works: scientists aren't trying to "prove evolution." They have a theory that makes testable predictions, and they are merely testing those predictions. If the observed evidence matches the predictions, they become more confident that the theory correctly describes the underlying processes. If the observed evidence does not match the predictions, then the theory has failed and either a revised or new and alternative theory is proposed, and the process repeats.

I could ask "as opposed to you and your ilk, paragons of accurate information delivery?" Seriously Joe, get over yourself and start exercising the one muscle you habitually and perpetually ignore. If you do, then maybe you'll realize that the wonderful thing about science is that it doesn't require you to trust anything other than your own mind and senses.

Oh boy... our resident sequined scrotum-sucking schmuck is at it again.

Sorry Bud, but if you look into the background of that site, there's an agenda to it. Science is great and I embrace it and apply to my training, yes even the physiology of it. The fact that, once again, you choose to single out me for your little delusional, science is the be all to end all and answers everything the Universe has produced is naive at best. And the fact you're siding with necrosis shows your bias to the subject. Don't baffle me with your education as it's already been proven time and times again high education rarely translates to commonsense. We've been through this before.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2014, 11:20:00 PM »
Sorry Bud, but if you look into the background of that site, there's an agenda to it. Science is great and I embrace it and apply to my training, yes even the physiology of it. The fact that, once again, you choose to single out me for your little delusional, science is the be all to end all and answers everything the Universe has produced is naive at best. And the fact you're siding with necrosis shows your bias to the subject. Don't baffle me with your education as it's already been proven time and times again high education rarely translates to commonsense. We've been through this before.

Well, if science can't prove everything, what else can we rely on? Can't rely on pure faith because that gets us nowhere. If we want to "prove" things we need to have some measure of understanding. Just saying, "God made the universe" end of story, is extremely ignorant. Maybe science can explain it. Maybe God can. I do not know. But what I do know is that we need to keep asking questions. That's what science is all about. As opposed to religion which says, "God did it. Dont ask any other question. Its all in the bible." Just ridiculous.
X

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2014, 11:26:19 PM »
Sorry Bud, but if you look into the background of that site, there's an agenda to it.

Perhaps there is - but that's largely irrelevant. Either the results are what is reported or they aren't. The site's agenda doesn't affect reality.

Also, an agenda? That's rich coming from you! I seem to recall an instance where you posted a link to a site with an obvious agenda, and when I called you out on it and proceeded to systematically deconstruct and demolish the article and your silly attempts to defend it, you fell back to "I saw it and I posted it."

Science is great and I embrace it and apply to my training, yes even the physiology of it.

Great. So why do you eschew the scientific process and the use of logic and rationality in areas other than training?

The fact that, once again, you choose to single out me for your little delusional, science is the be all to end all and answers everything the Universe has produced is naive at best.

I didn't "choose" you - I replied to a blatantly ridiculous post. That most (though not all, curiously enough) of your posts that are on the topics of politics, religion or science are blatantly ridiculous isn't my fault.

Naive? Logic, rationality and the scientific process are the means through which we understand the world around us. If you have some others tools which can be used, then by all means tell us. But if those tools boil down to "well... I pray to this magical unknowable sky creature, a creature whose attributes I cannot define, and it then gives me knowledge in some unknowable way" then you will understand if I don't find that qualifies as a "tool".

And the fact you're siding with necrosis shows your bias to the subject.

I "side" with necrosis? It always amazes me, to catch a glimpse inside a delusional mind.

Don't baffle me with your education as it's already been proven time and times again high education rarely translates to commonsense.

I didn't mention anything about my education; as for which one of us has more common sense, I'll let others be the judge of that. I'll merely point out that you argued, quite vociferously, that a conspiracy spanning decades and thousands (if not tens of thousands) of conspirators has resulted in a Kenyan-born Muslim being elected President. If that passes for common sense, then I'll have none of that, thank you very much.

We've been through this before.

Yes, and you didn't learn your lesson then either.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2014, 11:39:45 PM »
Joe, you said you use science when it comes to training your athletes. However, you also stated that science sometimes falsifies data because it is funded by the government. Exercise and physiology studies are also funded by the government. Perhaps nutritionists and exercise physiologists who study this stuff are falsifying data to promote their own agenda. I mean, if global warming and evolution scientists are lying, what makes you so sure that exercise physiologists and nutritionists aren't lying? Why do you believe scientists who study nutrition and exercise physiology, but think that all scientists who study evolution and global warming or lying? Many professors in universities are often paid by the funding they get. In other words, they receive grants from certain institutions and use that grant money to pay themselves and their staff (lab assistance). Thus, it is also probable that exercise physiologists are falsifying data because of their own agenda (just like those scientists who study evolution and global warming).
X

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2014, 11:42:40 PM »
Joe, you said you use science when it comes to training your athletes. However, you also stated that science sometimes falsifies data because it is funded by the government. Exercise and physiology studies are also funded by the government. Perhaps nutritionists and exercise physiologists who study this stuff are falsifying data to promote their own agenda. I mean, if global warming and evolution scientists are lying, what makes you so sure that exercise physiologists and nutritionists aren't lying? Why do you believe scientists who study nutrition and exercise physiology, but think that all scientists who study evolution and global warming or lying?

Cue Joe: "Get your filthy logic off of me you damn, dirty rational man!"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2014, 11:47:13 PM »
Cue Joe: "Get your filthy logic off of me you damn, dirty rational man!"

Im also an atheist, so that makes my logic even more dirty and disgusting.

Its sad, but in the scientific world there is most likely a lot of dishonesty. These professors are pressured to publish, publish, publish, and publish some more. Of course the peer-reviewed process ensure some degree of honesty, but you never know what happens behind closed doors.
X

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2014, 12:03:16 AM »

Im also an atheist, so that makes my logic even more dirty and disgusting.

Its sad, but in the scientific world there is most likely a lot of dishonesty. These professors are pressured to publish, publish, publish, and publish some more. Of course the peer-reviewed process ensure some degree of honesty, but you never know what happens behind closed doors.

You'd think so, alas...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2014, 12:05:32 AM »
You'd think so, alas...

Well, ya know, it is what it is, I guess. Its not a perfect process, but its gotten us far enough, excluding the dishonest scientists.
X

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2014, 12:12:53 AM »
I just really have to add that this is a prime example of just another insecure athiest making an attempt to stir shit up.
you sir are a prime example of a moron
Do the people you are train that are liberals know that you think they are not trustworthy?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2014, 03:59:52 AM »
it appears you dont understand what the word God means. God is a name for our infinite, eternal, and omnipotent creator who is spirit.   Your question does not apply.

oh ok. you're right god truly is the only answer.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2014, 04:08:25 AM »
Joe, you said you use science when it comes to training your athletes. However, you also stated that science sometimes falsifies data because it is funded by the government. Exercise and physiology studies are also funded by the government. Perhaps nutritionists and exercise physiologists who study this stuff are falsifying data to promote their own agenda. I mean, if global warming and evolution scientists are lying, what makes you so sure that exercise physiologists and nutritionists aren't lying? Why do you believe scientists who study nutrition and exercise physiology, but think that all scientists who study evolution and global warming or lying? Many professors in universities are often paid by the funding they get. In other words, they receive grants from certain institutions and use that grant money to pay themselves and their staff (lab assistance). Thus, it is also probable that exercise physiologists are falsifying data because of their own agenda (just like those scientists who study evolution and global warming).

Call them biologists and climatologists or something, these assholes think people call themselves evolutionists and warmatologists.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2014, 07:46:44 AM »
Perhaps there is - but that's largely irrelevant. Either the results are what is reported or they aren't. The site's agenda doesn't affect reality.

Also, an agenda? That's rich coming from you! I seem to recall an instance where you posted a link to a site with an obvious agenda, and when I called you out on it and proceeded to systematically deconstruct and demolish the article and your silly attempts to defend it, you fell back to "I saw it and I posted it."

Great. So why do you eschew the scientific process and the use of logic and rationality in areas other than training?

I didn't "choose" you - I replied to a blatantly ridiculous post. That most (though not all, curiously enough) of your posts that are on the topics of politics, religion or science are blatantly ridiculous isn't my fault.

Naive? Logic, rationality and the scientific process are the means through which we understand the world around us. If you have some others tools which can be used, then by all means tell us. But if those tools boil down to "well... I pray to this magical unknowable sky creature, a creature whose attributes I cannot define, and it then gives me knowledge in some unknowable way" then you will understand if I don't find that qualifies as a "tool".

I "side" with necrosis? It always amazes me, to catch a glimpse inside a delusional mind.

I didn't mention anything about my education; as for which one of us has more common sense, I'll let others be the judge of that. I'll merely point out that you argued, quite vociferously, that a conspiracy spanning decades and thousands (if not tens of thousands) of conspirators has resulted in a Kenyan-born Muslim being elected President. If that passes for common sense, then I'll have none of that, thank you very much.

Yes, and you didn't learn your lesson then either.

Necrosis posting that article and the article itself had little to do with "metabolism" and everything to do with inciting a debate of yet another creationism vs. evolution. Nothing more nothing less. Keep it going genius.

As for Obama, he's as dirty as the dirt under your feet. I stand by what I said. Dude's as American as the immigrants who come here. 

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2014, 08:53:19 AM »
Necrosis posting that article and the article itself had little to do with "metabolism" and everything to do with inciting a debate of yet another creationism vs. evolution. Nothing more nothing less. Keep it going genius.

As for Obama, he's as dirty as the dirt under your feet. I stand by what I said. Dude's as American as the immigrants who come here. 
its not dirt its his skincolor

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2014, 09:53:31 AM »

Do Necrosis' motives in posting this change whether the story, as reported is true? Do you have any actual evidence that proves it is wrong and/or fabricated?

The problem is not that you say you stand by what you said; it's not even that you can't prove what you said. It's that everything you said had already been debunked and you ignored all that evidence completely.

You are a fool, and what's worse is that you are willingly blind and purposely unthinking fool. You are scum for exactly that reason. You ignore reality and reject objective facts even after they have been painstakingly shown to you to be right. You cheapen the meaning of the word American and denigrate us all. And for that, fuck you Joe.

Now sit the fuck down and let the adults have a conversation.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2014, 10:25:25 AM »
Do Necrosis' motives in posting this change whether the story, as reported is true? Do you have any actual evidence that proves it is wrong and/or fabricated?

I never said it wasn't true or not. I need more evidence coming from a source less bias coming from basically an Atheist site that probably spouts everything evolution. Like I said, this wasn't about metabolism, this was to incite a debate and not about physiology.

The problem is not that you say you stand by what you said; it's not even that you can't prove what you said. It's that everything you said had already been debunked and you ignored all that evidence completely.

You are a fool, and what's worse is that you are willingly blind and purposely unthinking fool. You are scum for exactly that reason. You ignore reality and reject objective facts even after they have been painstakingly shown to you to be right. You cheapen the meaning of the word American and denigrate us all. And for that, fuck you Joe.

Now sit the fuck down and let the adults have a conversation.

Yeah Junior, your an atheist, I get it and you chiming in and your continued attacks on singling me out shows you're just as insecure as necrosis and every other atheist who decides to come on here and start shit. For that, I say FUCK YOU. If you want to sue me (like most athiests want to to because a Christian defends his/her faith) I'll be happy to send you my address to have your athiest attorney serve me. LOL.