Author Topic: Lebron stares down Michael Jordan during fast break dunk  (Read 13167 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Lebron stares down Michael Jordan during fast break dunk
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »
The Bulls especially during the second three peat were just like Miami, a whole bunch of all stars.

Still doesn't argue my point. Players in the NBA nowadays are all about choosing who they wish to play with when they're a free agent. I don't blame anyone for leaving Cleveland but James played for an owner who was committed to winning and adding players to help james win. They won 66 games a few years ago with James and some decent role players. But back then James was choking in the playoffs unlike now.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 10:46:15 AM »
LOL...yeah right ::)

MJ is the greatest, hands down. Michael never needed to leave the Bulls to win a title. Lebron chose to join a team with other superstars in order to win.

He had to leave because he was surrounded by garbage. Jordan could do nothing until he was given Pippen, Grant etc! You certainly don't know your NBA history.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2014, 10:52:54 AM »
He had to leave because he was surrounded by garbage. Jordan could do nothing until he was given Pippen, Grant etc! You certainly don't know your NBA history.
And how did Grant and Pippen fair without Jordan? You dont know shit about basketball it seems. You're old too so you have no excuse having watched Jordan his whole career. Lebron might be comparable to Magic at the end of his career, Jordan though? GTFO.  You ever play the game at any level?

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2014, 11:05:45 AM »
And how did Grant and Pippen fair without Jordan? You dont know shit about basketball it seems. You're old too so you have no excuse having watched Jordan his whole career. Lebron might be comparable to Magic at the end of his career, Jordan though? GTFO.  You ever play the game at any level?
I'm from Philly, never played organized ball, but played on the parks playgrounds etc. Went to Sixer's games and sat on the floor when they got DR.J. Been watching the NBA for a long time. Every Superstar needs the right pieces around him to win an NBA Championship. Dr. J. needed Moses Malone and so on.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2014, 11:15:39 AM »

Pippen was one of the 50 best players of all time.  He was MVP of the all-star game the year after MJ left, and they kicked ass in the playoffs despite losing MJ. 

Heat without leBron.... LMAO... they'd be horrible.  Look at Cleveland... from Finals to Lottery with LBJ leaving town.   Lebron got to the finals with scrubs.  MJ needed Pippen to do it.  Pippen was a greater player than Wade.   Pippen was just SICK awesome in his prime.  He played for 11 seasons with the bulls... so he was OLD when MJ left.  Looking at how he did with portland, that's not fair, he was mid to late 30s by then, and drank like a mofo.

Jordan is an awesome tale of working your ass to the top.
LeBron is an awesome example of handed everything and spoiled rotten and "king james" before he finished high school.

But LeBron is better, his legacy will be better.   He just has a better body, takes better care of self, and got an earlier start thanks to no college. 

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2014, 11:35:04 AM »
Pippen was one of the 50 best players of all time.  He was MVP of the all-star game the year after MJ left, and they kicked ass in the playoffs despite losing MJ. 

Heat without leBron.... LMAO... they'd be horrible.  Look at Cleveland... from Finals to Lottery with LBJ leaving town.   Lebron got to the finals with scrubs.  MJ needed Pippen to do it.  Pippen was a greater player than Wade.   Pippen was just SICK awesome in his prime.  He played for 11 seasons with the bulls... so he was OLD when MJ left.  Looking at how he did with portland, that's not fair, he was mid to late 30s by then, and drank like a mofo.

LeBron is an awesome example of handed everything and spoiled rotten and "king james" before he finished high school.

But LeBron is better, his legacy will be better.   He just has a better body, takes better care of self, and got an earlier start thanks to no college. 
mnope, mj>libron http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/j/lebron_james_vs_michael_jordan.htm

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2014, 11:47:10 AM »

lol, All Star Game MVP.  Kicked ass?  They lost.  I'm hoping this is just your normal sarcasm.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2014, 11:47:53 AM »

People tend to overlook that Jordan AND Pipped got bounced out of the playoffs by the Piston two years in a row. People act like he never lost a tucking game...LOL

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2014, 11:54:56 AM »
Kobe owns them both

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2014, 11:55:24 AM »
Jordan stayed out to the wee hours of the morning drinking and humping fine white hoes "gambling", perhaps he'd have had a better career if he lived more of a bodybuilding lifestyle.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2014, 11:56:19 AM »
People tend to overlook that Jordan AND Pipped got bounced out of the playoffs by the Piston two years in a row. People act like he never lost a tucking game...LOL
u amateur say that like pistons were a bunch of rednecks,they were a force twice in a row chasmpns,not a 3 tier Team that beat lebron year after year

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2014, 12:07:25 PM »
I also thought it was a bit silly the other day when LeBron was asked about the hard fouls he sustained and he was like "if this was the '80s I'd have come up swinging" ::)  Says the guy who played his first game in 2003.

I don't recall Jordan staring down the stars of the previous generation as they watched the game.

LeBron is a great player but better than Jordan?  Maybe his overall game is comparable.  He has some more championships to win to be in that conversation, which right or wrong is the metric by which such players are compared.  LeBron will never surpass Jordan for me no matter how many titles/MVPs he wins but I'm a biased child of the Jordan era.  He will never be the spectacle/phenomenon Jordan was.

He also comes off as a giant douche most of the time, although I'm sure Jordan would have too if he played in modern times/media.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2014, 12:18:54 PM »
No doubt about that! The Piston's beating the shit out of Jordan hardened him and he saw what it took to win a championship. Much like the way the Celts beating the Pistons molded them.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2014, 12:22:56 PM »
I also thought it was a bit silly the other day when LeBron was asked about the hard fouls he sustained and he was like "if this was the '80s I'd have come up swinging" ::)  Says the guy who played his first game in 2003.

I don't recall Jordan staring down the stars of the previous generation as they watched the game.

LeBron is a great player but better than Jordan?  Maybe his overall game is comparable.  He has some more championships to win to be in that conversation, which right or wrong is the metric by which such players are compared.  LeBron will never surpass Jordan for me no matter how many titles/MVPs he wins but I'm a biased child of the Jordan era.  He will never be the spectacle/phenomenon Jordan was.

He also comes off as a giant douche most of the time, although I'm sure Jordan would have too if he played in modern times/media.
The comparison ends when you consider Jordan's jumper was lethal, a thing of beauty. Lebron is a bricklayer, gimme a break. Jordan wasnt all flashy dunks and trick shots when he came back from his abbreviated retirement. His crossover to jumpshot and turnaround jumper were deadly

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2014, 12:23:21 PM »
LOL...yeah right ::)

MJ is the greatest, hands down. Michael never needed to leave the Bulls to win a title. Lebron chose to join a team with other superstars in order to win.

yeah because scottie pippen and dennis rodman weren't super stars, not to mention the best leader ever in phil jackson

lebron is easily on 28 year old jordan's level

how many titles would jordan have if he played with those bums in cleveland?  i'll answer for you, ZERO

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2014, 12:32:48 PM »
yeah because scottie pippen and dennis rodman weren't super stars, not to mention the best leader ever in phil jackson

lebron is easily on 28 year old jordan's level

how many titles would jordan have if he played with those bums in cleveland?  i'll answer for you, ZERO

E

The issue can be debated all day. but when you say 'level' what do you mean? overall physical talent? Yes I'd agree with that. But is Lebron on Jordan's level as far as competitive edge? or offensive/defensive awareness? Is Lebron a closer like Jordan was? I don't think so. How many game winning shots has Lebron made compared to Jordan? Jordan was an assassin in basketball shorts. He would roll over his own mother to beat you. I don't think Lebron has that tenacity. Players today are too nice to each other on the court. Too many bro hugs and handshakes before and after the games.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2014, 12:36:05 PM »
The comparison ends when you consider Jordan's jumper was lethal, a thing of beauty. Lebron is a bricklayer, gimme a break. Jordan wasnt all flashy dunks and trick shots when he came back from his abbreviated retirement. His crossover to jumpshot and turnaround jumper were deadly

He's gotten better (he hit a long jumper to lock up game 7 of the Finals last year, for example) but Jordan had a more versatile offensive game yes.

Jumpers are a bit overrated since a long two is the worst shot in basketball, but being able to hit or create a shot from anywhere on the floor is also the most useful skill so I still think a good midrange game is important.

LeBron was hitting threes at a very good clip midway through this year but I don't know how he ended up.  Jordan was not a good three-point shooter.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2014, 12:41:41 PM »
The issue can be debated all day. but when you say 'level' what do you mean? overall physical talent? Yes I'd agree with that. But is Lebron on Jordan's level as far as competitive edge? or offensive/defensive awareness? I don't think so. Jordan was an assassin in basketball shorts. He would roll over his own mother to beat you. I don't think Lebron has that tenacity. Players today are too nice to each other on the court. Too many bro hugs and handshakes before and after the games.

where did this myth that lebron isn't "competitive" start?  i swear one talking head blurted that out and then everybody ran with it

does he have to punch a teammate to be "competitive"? 

how many titles did jordan have at lebron's age?  i would take pippen and rodman (or grant) as teammates over a fading wade and bosh, not to mention jackson over spoelstra

it's not lebron's fault that players prefer playing in glamorous cities over cleveland, no player wins by themselves

E
E

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2014, 12:53:57 PM »
how many titles did jordan have at lebron's age?

LeBron is 29 and this is his 12th year in the NBA

At 29 Jordan had three titles.  Depending in how you treat his injury year and his retirement he had between 4-6 titles after 12 years in the NBA.

MJ actually only played 12 full years in the NBA if you ignore the Wizards years.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2014, 12:57:04 PM »
LeBron is 29 and this is his 12th year in the NBA

At 29 Jordan had three titles.  Depending in how you treat his injury year and his retirement he had between 4-6 titles after 12 years in the NBA.

lebron went straight to the nba out of high school, lebron can have his 3rd title at 29 too

if jordan was on the cavs, how many titles would he have?

E
E

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »
lebron went straight to the nba out of high school, lebron can have his 3rd title at 29 too

if jordan was on the cavs, how many titles would he have?

E

That argument doesn't really work in LeBron's favor though (Jordan did it in fewer years).  I don't see Miami winning this year but maybe they will surprise me.  With as bad as Indiana has been lately they should at least get to the Finals.

If you swap LeBron on those Cavs teams out for Jordan I would say zero titles.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »
Lebron took cleveland to finals
Jordan never took wizards to finals

Lebron is winning with spoelstra,? spestea ? Spoltra? Eric? Erik?

Jordan couldnt win without phil jackson

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2014, 01:09:11 PM »
Spoelstra's not a bad coach.

He's not Phil Jackson though.

The closest Jordan came to taking a team to the Finals by himself was 1998 (last year with Bulls).  Pippen missed about half the season with a back injury and was never an elite player again.  Rodman was 36 and had lost a step (so had Jordan for that matter).

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2014, 01:09:53 PM »
There's Jordan, then everyone else.