Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 160353 times)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Re: ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Cast Revealed
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 03:43:41 AM »
What Harrison Ford ain't doing it?  ::)

No name actors, sacriliged brand

Jippiiee

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 03:47:07 AM »
Nice of Mark Hamill to dress up for the event.

Dressed like a bodybuilder!

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 05:25:24 AM »
WHats plot gonna be? I hope The Emperors ghost is in it!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 05:57:37 AM »

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2014, 06:25:04 AM »
What Harrison Ford ain't doing it?  ::)

No name actors, sacriliged brand

Jippiiee

Yes han solo Harrison ford is in the movie, the entire cast is back,

Here is a new pic of the entire cast doing a read thru yesterday

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 06:28:23 AM »
I'd love to know how much the original cast members are getting paid for this.

In 1977 through 1978 me and my friend would cut school, go to the matinee in the late morning and sit there all day.  We sat through 2-4 showings.  We took our light sabers with us and waved them around in the dark.  The people who worked in the movie theater got to know us and let us do it.  What a great time in my life that was.
Fantastic memories!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 06:31:34 AM »
The original cast members look like a bunch of old farts now. It's all for publicity. What a joke!

zip it cupcake

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 06:32:42 AM »
WHats plot gonna be? I hope The Emperors ghost is in it!

The Empire was never destroyed in Return of the Jedi, so like the books, they maybe still control a large chunk of territory.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 06:34:26 AM »
The Empire was never destroyed in Return of the Jedi, so like the books, they maybe still control a large chunk of territory.

Exactly.  Palpatine was killed, Vader died and the death star was blown up, but the empire spanned the galaxy.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 01:36:21 PM »

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2014, 01:57:39 PM »
I thought Cumberbatch was gonna play the villain?  Not the douchebag from the "Girls' HBO series.....  >:(

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2014, 02:21:18 PM »
I a negro in the lead role?  Fuck me!  Disney making shit

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2014, 02:23:27 PM »
BB related:

Darth Vader was portrayed by bodybuilder David Prowse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_vader#Portrayals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Prowse

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2014, 02:29:03 PM »
Huge nerd boner over this.
did god create star wars?

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2014, 02:29:08 PM »
i just can't get excited about this news  :-\

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 02:29:37 PM »
BB related:

Darth Vader was portrayed by bodybuilder David Prowse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_vader#Portrayals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Prowse

It was a god damn fucking shame when at last the mask came off and it was Sebastian Shaw and not David Prowse

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2014, 02:29:58 PM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2014, 02:34:53 PM »
does it matter who is playing what?  It will be all CGI anyways.  Andy Serkis is in the cast so I assume some Gollum like creature

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2014, 02:36:41 PM »
The black guy looks like a bitch. The evil bad guy looks like he drugged out. What the hell is this.

all drugs - TPPIIP

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2014, 02:40:43 PM »
does it matter who is playing what?  It will be all CGI anyways.  Andy Serkis is in the cast so I assume some Gollum like creature

lol true

its all acted behind green screen tarps nowadays

Long gone are the years of models , you can catch that star wars traveling exhibit at a city near you nowadays

vs

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2014, 02:41:16 PM »
The black guy looks like a bitch. The evil bad guy looks like he drugged out. What the hell is this.

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2014, 02:48:10 PM »

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2014, 01:38:47 AM »
Let's face it, it's going to be a load of shit like episodes I - III. A lot of guys my age will be excited about the film when it first comes out, but it will only be worth watching once.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2014, 08:04:34 AM »
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/disney-confirms-3-solo-star-wars-spin-off-are-in-the-works-but-what-are-they-20140507

Disney Confirms 3 Solo ‘Star Wars’ Spin-Off Are In The Works, But What Are They?

The Walt Disney Company spent a small fortune when they bought LucasFilm for some $4.4 billion dollars in 2013. And so, a new “Star Wars” trilogy is not enough—you need to deliver some kind of “Star Wars” offshoot. The plan announced way back was a new trilogy film every other year and in those in-between years, some kind of “Star Wars” solo movies. And as you might expect, in the ensuing months, there’s been dozens of rumors and unconfirmed reports about the specifics of that gameplan.

So, the Walt Disney Company had their quarterly earning stockholders call yesterday and according to those listening in on the call, including Variety reporters, Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed that the studios actually have “at least” three “Star Wars” spin-offs in the works. Much of this isn’t really news or a surprise. “Star Wars” spin-off movies have been mooted for some time, but this actually might be the first time Disney execs have officially acknowledged them.

The next question: What are they? Well, first off, LucasFilm producer Kathleen Kennedy said early on these solo films wouldn’t tie into the main trilogy narrative, and while that sounded promising at first, the rumors that surfaced verified that claim, but felt predictable nonetheless. We’ve heard so far of four “Star Wars” spin-offs: a young Han Solo movie, a Boba Fett movie, a Yoda movie and a “Seven Samurai”-esque Jedi Knights adventure movie story from director Zack Snyder.

Easily the most interesting of the bunch, Snyder’s rumored project was quickly shot down as just that: a rumor not based in any truth, which is a drag frankly, because it sounds even more “new” and original than the new trilogy that will include lots of familiar faces like Luke, Leia, Han, R2D2, Chewbacca, etc. Alas, apparently it’s b.s. (though the fact that not one reporter asked Snyder this during “Man Of Steel” press rounds goes to show how forgetful people can be even when they’re trying to figure out whatever kernels they can about "Star Wars" or Snyder's next move).

So, if we count this one out, we have three films left. A young Han Solo movie seems like a no-brainer choice. Safe and boring (and unimaginative), but probably just what the Disney execs would love. There’s been rumors that LucasFilm head writers Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg have been struggling with a Boba Fett screenplay, but that’s really no surprise. How do you take a would-be mysterious villain and make a movie out of him?

The “Star Wars” prequels already did a lot of damage to the Boba Fett myth, painting him far less as a badass, and more as the son of a chump. And unlike “The Amazing Spider-Man” writers (who seem to have all the confidence in the world that bad guy solo movies will work), the rumors say Kasdan and Kinberg are having difficulties negotiating the tone and story ideas—knowing you probably need to make him the hero of the movie, but managing how that can take away from his overall mystique. Frankly, this is a character better left alone.

A Yoda spin-off movie also seems rather boring and pointless, as are most of these prequel ideas that boil down to: “How Character X Got His Or Her Groove & Became The Cool Character You Love Today.” Yes, a Yoda movie opens up a world of new Jedis, but isn’t i,t at the end of the day, just a bunch of young Jedis vs. Siths while Yoda trains then? As a ScreenCrush writer recently observed, Jedis and the force are kind of boring, and with a whole gigantic galaxy out there of stories, narratives and possibilities, can’t we really try something a little bit different?

The truth is, yes, possibly one day, “Star Wars” will exhaust its prequel possibilities (“Young Lando Calrissian 2” won’t be quite as boffo at the box-office), the new trilogy will be over and they’ll want to continue making these films. But for Jesus H. Christ’s sake, can someone think up a story that doesn’t involve the Skywalker clan or isn't connected to ANY of the characters in the first six films? Hell, give us a call. we’re pretty sure we could do that rather easily.

For more, check out our feature What The Stand-Alone 'Star Wars' Movies Mean For The Franchise & 5 Possibilities Of What They Could Be. And lastly, one more reminder of writer Damon Lindelof’s sage thoughts on the allure-killing-nature of prequels. “Prometheus” might have sucked, but these thoughts are on-point. Last but not least, the alleged new "Star Wars" title, "The Ancient Fear" is wrong. We wouldn't doubt it, frankly.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2014, 08:21:19 AM »

lol true

its all acted behind green screen tarps nowadays

Long gone are the years of models , you can catch that star wars traveling exhibit at a city near you nowadays

Abrams said he is going to get away from the green screens and use more models like in the original trilogy

vs