Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 162314 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Didn't realize Harrison Ford was in the new Star Wars
« Reply #625 on: November 27, 2015, 05:47:04 AM »
This is true, especially the old Star Wars-fans will hate this :D

Myself was quite repulsed to see Dindu Solo and a female lead. No intimidating villain either, only Kylo Ren is so-so, rest are betas.

But i know the youngsters will love this shit, ie the new generation of Star Wars-fans.

I'll watch it (but not on cinema) just for Harrison, Carrie and Mark Hamill.

I've been a fan since 1977, and I believe you are on point here.  This movie is too PC, as is most of the crap Disney movies today.  Even though Leia was a female hero in the first movie, she was a B character compared to Han, Luke and Ben.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer
« Reply #626 on: November 27, 2015, 11:11:55 AM »
TV Spot Number 7

TV Spot Number 9

i have this feeling the 1st order is more similar to storm troopers than clones  :(

zB_uQ[/youtube]

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
Re: Didn't realize Harrison Ford was in the new Star Wars
« Reply #627 on: November 28, 2015, 05:28:10 AM »
I just read and watched the whole theories on Jar Jar being the Master Sith.

FUCK ME!!! Mind Blown! So true!!

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #628 on: November 29, 2015, 09:43:32 AM »
It's not clones anymore.

It's enlisted men.

That is why Finn is black.

It's a volunteer army for the most part. True believers.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #629 on: November 29, 2015, 09:44:48 AM »
It's not clones anymore.

It's enlisted men.

That is why Finn is black.

It's a volunteer army for the most part. True believers.

Which planet were black people found on? Nibiru?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #630 on: November 29, 2015, 10:15:34 AM »
The Frech Amazon.com has the soundtrack list.

It further confirms the synopses.

Disque
01. Main title and the attack on the Jakku village
02. The scavenger
03. I can fly anything
04. Rey meets BB-8
05. Follow me
06. Rey's theme
07. The Falcon
08. That girl with the staff
09. The rathtars!
10. Finn's confession
11. Maz's counsel
12. The Starkiller
13. Kylo Ren arrives at the battle
14. The abduction
15. Han and Leia
16. March of the Resistance
17. Snoke
18. On the inside
19. Torn apart
20. The ways of the Force
21. Scherzo for X-wings
22. Farewell and the trip
23. The Jedi steps and finale

11 and 23 are Luke. The flashback/vision in Maz's castle and Luke in his hideout when he meets Rey.

22 is possible with the rumored third scene of a hologram message from Luke revealing his location.

Yep with this soundtrack list it does appear that Luke's involvement in the film will be more subdued which for me personally is disappointing  (see image below conveying MOS dissapointment LOL).

Now, certainly I'm still excited about the film and all the other Star Wars nerdgasms it will offer, but I'm a Jedi fanboy and a Luke Skywalker fanboy to boot since I was 3 and 4 years old.  I've waited for decades with no hope of new films like this...suppose I can wait two more years for Luke to reveal his master jedi talent in Episode VIII!

The Collider and Force.net guys do feel differently and that Luke's role will be more dramatic; although I'm not so sure anymore.

I'm not seeing any point in Awakens in which Luke will possibly save Rey, fight with Kylo, fight with the Knights or show off pure Jedi master awesomeness.   It will be within Maz's visions to Han, Rey and Finn that we'll probably see the "wait and see" stuff for Luke that JJ hyped.  Those flashbacks may have some awesomeness.....I'm hoping for that!

Tells me that the next film will most likely be the "Empire" film.

Where are you on Snoke?  Plagueis rumors true?  That would make for an incredible battle in the third film...Luke v Plagueis.  

Hey, a guy can dream LOL!  

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #631 on: November 29, 2015, 10:42:43 AM »
Yeah, this is Harrison Ford's movie as far as the original cast goes.

There is a reason for this. I don't know if you know or want to know.

Leia first appears near the end of the second act.

Luke in two, maybe three scenes.

1. Flashback/vision by Maz Kanata
2. Possible hologram scene where he reveals his location
3. The final scene of the film

A lot of Luke in Episode VIII and Episode IX.

As far as Snoke, definitely no. He is not Darth Plagueis.

Abrams and Kasdan have already confirmed that neither Snoke nor Kylo are Sith.

The Sith are gone. That was the point of the prophecy of the Chosen One Anakin Skywalker.

It was Anakin's job to wipe out the Sith. The problem was that he becomes one first.

Kasdan would never screw with George's established history.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #632 on: November 29, 2015, 10:56:09 AM »
Here's some serious Supreme Leader Snoke info from EW's interview with Andy Serkis.

Supreme Leader Snoke: Andy Serkis on the 'damaged' villain of Star Wars: The Force Awakens

While Snoke’s final appearance, as well as his motives and history, will likely be saved for the Dec. 18 movie to reveal, Serkis did provide a little background on the Supreme Leader, whose voice was heard on the very first teaser trailer nearly a year ago.

Here’s what Serkis can share about Snoke:

For one, obviously he’s not a nice guy. And he’s a long-range schemer, not an impulsive hothead type.

“Supreme Leader Snoke is quite an enigmatic character, and strangely vulnerable at the same time as being quite powerful,” Serkis says. “Obviously he has a huge agenda. He has suffered a lot of damage. As I said, there is a strange vulnerability to him, which belies his true agenda, I suppose.”

While Abrams has emphasized a return to practical effects on The Force Awakens, is Snoke perhaps a character who could have been played by Serkis in make-up?

“No, no,” the actor says. “The scale of him, for instance, is one reason. He is large. He appears tall. And also just the facial design – you couldn’t have gotten there with prosthetics. It’s too extreme. Without giving too much away at this point, he has a very distinctive, idiosyncratic bone structure and facial structure. You could never have done it [in real life.]”

If Snoke is a “damaged” character, that raises the question: Did his wounds come from the clash between the Rebellion and the Empire, seen in the original Star Wars trilogy?

Serkis hesitates here, but then says he believes Snoke was outside of that conflict.

“No, he’s a new character in this universe. It is very much a newly-introduced character,” Serkis says. “He’s aware of what’s gone on, in the respect that he has been around and is aware of prior events. I think it’d be fair to say that he is aware of the past to a great degree.”

The rumor making the rounds is that Snoke could be as much as twenty-five feet tall.

This may have been misinterpreted though.

Some believe Snoke sits on a throne that is situated high up in the air.

The reason?

The late Ralph McQuarrie did some artwork for the original Battlestar Galacta.

He came up with the room where the Imperious Leader sat high above the floor. The same for Baltar when he was given command of a Cylon Baseship.

Supreme Leader Snoke may sit on such a throne.

Rumors that Abrams and Kasdan went back to early McQuarrie designs for ideas seem strong... believable.

Personally, I think we will only see him a couple of times when he speaks to Kylo (and supposedly General Hux) and it will be by hologram. I think he is on another planet, far away from the action.

They will build his appearance up like they did with the Emperor in the Original Trilogy.

1. A New Hope - He is just mentioned a couple of times by Grand Moff Tarkin.
2. The Empire Strikes Back - We first see him in a hologram message to Darth Vader.
3. Return of the Jedi - We finally see him in the flesh.

EDIT: Here is the Ralph McQuarrie picture I was referring to above.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #633 on: November 29, 2015, 11:15:09 AM »
Yeah, this is Harrison Ford's movie as far as the original cast goes.

There is a reason for this. I don't know if you know or want to know.

Leia first appears near the end of the second act.

Luke in two, maybe three scenes.

1. Flashback/vision by Maz Kanata
2. Possible hologram scene where he reveals his location
3. The final scene of the film

A lot of Luke in Episode VIII and Episode IX.

As far as Snoke, definitely no. He is not Darth Plagueis.

Abrams and Kasdan have already confirmed that neither Snoke nor Kylo are Sith.

The Sith are gone. That was the point of the prophecy of the Chosen One Anakin Skywalker.

It was Anakin's job to wipe out the Sith. The problem was that he becomes one first.

Kasdan would never screw with George's established history.

The prophecy spoke of the chosen one bringing balance to the force.  A balance would be an equality of light and dark.  No darkside would bring an imbalance.  Anakin becoming a Sith, later being turned by Luke and then Anakin killing Sidious would mean an imbalance in the force given the darkside users are essentially wiped out.  A balance would mean the rise of dark and light users....an awakening of the force.  

Of course I've heard the arguement that having a lightside predominance is a force balance in that the darkside creates the imbalance.  

Or that force users are aware of the darkside, but only utilize the lightside.  Tapping into only light while acknowledging the presence of the dark (in which the force is balanced) is the appropriate use of the force (Sith are cancerous to the balance of the force in their use of the darkside).

I don't know.  I just want Luke to kicka$$ as a master Jedi LOL.

The Knights of Ren may not be Sith, but they're force users, saber users and worshippers of the Sith.

Yes, JJ has said that about the Sith, but he's lied before to keep fans off the scent of the film (ex: Cumberbatch as Kahn in Trek).

Everything Serkis described about Snoke leads me more and more towards Plagueis.....long range planner, huge agenda, been hurt before, vulnerable yet extremely powerful, very tall, strange bone structure, must be created via CGI......that's all Plagueis to me.  And 25 feet tall....that's dinosaur height LOL....that's Rancor height!  Just a rumor, but not buying it.  Plus the name Snoke is going to be a cover name....I know it.

SW canon are now the 6 films, Clone Wars and Rebels and this new trilogy is supposed to tie together and draw upon that established canon of which Plagueis is apart.  If he was extremely powerful and powerful enough to "cheat death" and master darkside abilities that "some consider to be unnatural" then he could certainly have survived and sat quietly in the shadows waiting to unfold his "huge agenda".   I hope so cause that sounds very cool to me.

Eh, could all be completely different LOL!

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #634 on: November 29, 2015, 11:16:19 AM »
The more I see/hear about this movie, the less I want to see it.  "Snoke"? - lol

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #635 on: November 29, 2015, 11:29:35 AM »
The prophecy spoke of the chosen one bringing balance to the force.  A balance would be an equality of light and dark.  No darkside would bring an imbalance.  Anakin becoming a Sith, later being turned by Luke and then Anakin killing Sidious would mean an imbalance in the force given the darkside users are essentially wiped out.  A balance would mean the rise of dark and light users....an awakening of the force.

This is incorrect. Lucas has stated unequivocally that balance means no Sith. The Sith are a corruption of the Force.

The Knights of Ren may not be Sith, but they're force users, saber users and worshippers of the Sith.

Yes, they are worshippers of the Sith and of Darth Vader in particular. Only Kylo appears to carry a lightsaber. He made it himself. It is crude, unstable. The other Knights have not been seen with actual lightsabers. The trailer shows them carrying different weapons.

Remember, Kylo has been predominately self-taught since there are no Sith Lords to educate him. The Knights follow Kylo for a specific reason. This is a major spoiler, so I don't know if you want to know.

Yes, JJ has said that about the Sith, but he's lied before to keep fans off the scent of the film (ex: Cumberbatch as Kahn in Trek)

Even though Abrams has such a history, I don't believe he is lying about Snoke not being a Sith Lord.

We'll know soon enough. :)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: November 29, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »

This is incorrect. Lucas has stated unequivocally that balance means no Sith. The Sith are a corruption of the Force.

Yes, they are worshippers of the Sith and of Darth Vader in particular. Only Kylo appears to carry a lightsaber. He made it himself. It is crude, unstable. The other Knights have not been seen with actual lightsabers. The trailer shows them carrying different weapons.

Remember, Kylo has been predominately self-taught since there are no Sith Lords to educate him. The Knights follow Kylo for a specific reason. This is a major spoiler, so I don't know if you want to know.

Even though Abrams has such a history, I don't believe he is lying about Snoke not being a Sith Lord.

We'll know soon enough. :)

Yes, in the end it's all speculation, but it should be good time nonetheless!

I read and listen to al the spoilers LOL!  You can dish on Kylo to me no problem.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #637 on: November 29, 2015, 11:50:24 AM »
You probably know.

Kylo is the son of Leia and Han Solo.

Rey is either the daughter of Leia and Han, or the daughter of Luke.

As you probably know, the rumor of Rey as Luke's kid has been gaining momentum.

I still think she is a Skywalker-Solo.

I think Kasdan will see brother vs. sister is more interesting and compelling than cousin vs. cousin.

Apparently, the Knights of Ren follow Kylo because he is a direct descendant - the grandson of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #638 on: November 29, 2015, 01:42:14 PM »
Billie Lourd, the daughter of Carrie Fisher has a small part in the movie as a Resistance member.

Here she is with the droid PZ-4C0 at the Resistance base on D'Qar.

Here she is in the war room on the left. Look to the right. There is Admiral Ackbar.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #639 on: November 30, 2015, 01:46:34 AM »
The more I see/hear about this movie, the less I want to see it.  "Snoke"? - lol

Called Schnookums and Snookie by his royal guard and inner circle.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #640 on: November 30, 2015, 06:34:35 AM »
New Disney Channel Behind the Scenes Feature on Rey

A new behind the scenes feature about Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens aired on Disney Channel.  

The feature focused on Rey and included an interview with Daisy Ridley as well as several new shots from the film.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

New Disney Channel Behind the Scenes Feature on Finn

A new behind the scenes feature about Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens aired on Disney Channel. 

The feature focused on Finn and included an interview with John Boyega as well as several new shots from the film.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #641 on: November 30, 2015, 10:41:13 AM »
Shortly about balance:

Vader killed the Emperor and basically Anakin in Vader killed himself.
Dark side was wiped out.

Now light side users must lay dormant or dark side awakens again.

Maybe the Skywalker kids accidentally tap into their powers and this is the awakening
that Kylo Ren and co feel?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #642 on: November 30, 2015, 10:43:33 AM »
Shortly about balance:

Vader killed the Emperor and basically Anakin in Vader killed himself.
Dark side was wiped out.

Now light side users must lay dormant or dark side awakens again.

Maybe the Skywalker kids accidentally tap into their powers and this is the awakening
that Kylo Ren and co feel?

So what I think I understand is that "no force use" is balance in the force. 

I've heard something like that before, but I didn't understand it.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #643 on: November 30, 2015, 01:21:08 PM »
Well, I haven't really been paying attention to this film.
I do love StarWars and was mostly disappointed in prequels.

(1. ep I poster was great with a kid and a Vader shadow.
2. Anakin could not free her mother from slavery so he chose to enslave the rest of the galaxy as the next best thing )

Anyway.

Isn't it a stable in almost every sci/fi fantasy that every force has an equal counterforce.

If you build bridges using the force some asshole uses it to destroy bridges.
If you use the force for crowd control someone uses it to break a riot.
After a while it escalades to ripping continents and what have you?
Multiple sommersaulting lightningfast green Mr.Miagi who lives forever.

So, balance then is to live life without Force, or active show of divine power if you wan't to look it like that?

What I would like to now is what the Sith power really was? What was their goal?

Political pover trough war and crowd control?

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #644 on: November 30, 2015, 01:41:53 PM »
And it seems that I've cut a corner or two...

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_galactic_history

This sith Rule of Two is fairly new phenomenon.
There used to be Sith academies and all.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #645 on: November 30, 2015, 01:45:43 PM »
Every commercial I see is of the young chick and the negro.  The negro is in a storm trooper costume, flying a ship, shooting a gun and fighting with a light saber that apparently another storm trooper blocks with his gun.  Looks like complete shit for kids.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #646 on: November 30, 2015, 05:15:48 PM »
Guys,

Lucas has said that for The Force to be in balance means no Sith.

The Jedi belong. The Sith do not.

The Sith are a corruption of the use of The Force.

There will always be good and evil in the universe. You have the bounty hunters, Hutts, assassins, etc.

The Sith are too much.

Look at what two Sith were able to do. They took over an entire galaxy.

It is also important to point out that Star Wars takes place in one galaxy. It isn't a controlling the whole universe type scenario like in Dune.

But the general belief is that The Force exists throughout the entire universe.

When someone uses the dark side of The Force, what they are really doing is corrupting the true nature of The Force with their own lusts, wants and desires. The power of The Force responds to the individual.

If you use it for evil, it will appear to be evil. But the results come from the individual user.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #647 on: November 30, 2015, 05:27:16 PM »
Every commercial I see is of the young chick and the negro.  The negro is in a storm trooper costume, flying a ship, shooting a gun and fighting with a light saber that apparently another storm trooper blocks with his gun.  Looks like complete shit for kids.

The Negro is Finn. He is a stormtrooper who wants to defect from The First Order. This is what the remains of The Galactic Empire is now called.

The chick is Rey. She is a scavenger living on the planet Jakku. But there may be more to her past than meets the eye.

Finn is no Jedi. He has the blue lightsaber that was once the property of Anakin Skywalker.

That lightsaber was taken by Obi-wan Kenobi after their duel on Mustafar.

It was given to Anakin Skywalker's son - Luke Skywalker.

Luke Skywalker lost that lightsaber (and his right hand) in a duel with his father in Cloud City on the planet Bespin.

But now, the lightsaber has mysteriously appeared on the planet Jakku.

Passing from one individual to another, it ends up with Max von Sydow's character named Lor San Tekka. Poe Dameron, an ace X-Wing pilot and member of the Resistance under General Leia, has been sent by her to retrieve her brother's lightsaber.

This is the start of the new film.

The lightsaber is the McGuffin that drives the story forward.

Finn ends up with the lightsaber because Rey wants nothing to do with it. In fact, she is repulsed by the weapon.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #648 on: November 30, 2015, 06:16:03 PM »
The Negro is Finn. He is a stormtrooper who wants to defect from The First Order. This is what the remains of The Galactic Empire is now called.

The chick is Rey. She is a scavenger living on the planet Jakku. But there may be more to her past than meets the eye.

Finn is no Jedi. He has the blue lightsaber that was once the property of Anakin Skywalker.

That lightsaber was taken by Obi-wan Kenobi after their duel on Mustafar.

It was given to Anakin Skywalker's son - Luke Skywalker.

Luke Skywalker lost that lightsaber (and his right hand) in a duel with his father in Cloud City on the planet Bespin.

But now, the lightsaber has mysteriously appeared on the planet Jakku.

Passing from one individual to another, it ends up with Max von Sydow's character named Lor San Tekka. Poe Dameron, an ace X-Wing pilot and member of the Resistance under General Leia, has been sent by her to retrieve her brother's lightsaber.

This is the start of the new film.

The lightsaber is the McGuffin that drives the story forward.

Finn ends up with the lightsaber because Rey wants nothing to do with it. In fact, she is repulsed by the weapon.

Interesting that she is repulsed by long round things but still befriends the negro.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #649 on: November 30, 2015, 06:31:27 PM »
Hebrew is the preferred nomenclature.