Author Topic: Steve Reeves - Measurements - How Strong Was He?  (Read 48691 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: How strong was Steve Reeves
« Reply #250 on: February 18, 2015, 06:17:59 PM »
Some people will re-write anything to justify their own inadequacies and weaknesses.

There was only one Steve Reeves.  There are however  a poop load of drug addled whiners in the world.  Some of whom post their pain here in this thread.  

Pussies.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #251 on: February 18, 2015, 06:34:31 PM »
An article from a philly magazine and another from some sports history journal that shows Ziegler was an inveterate liar along with a lot of the bodybuilders self reporting what was going on 30 years later.Neither claim that west coast athletes weren't using testosterone.  The one about Zeigler says the Russians were using test as early as 1952.  Neither of these are some sort of serious historical study that concludes test wasn't being used earlier than Zeiglers charlatanesque experiments with Dbol.

It doesn't claim that west coast athletes weren't using testosterone? NOT how it works , if you're making the claim , back it up. if you think the west coast bodybuilders were indeed using testosterone PROVE IT  ;) the burden of proof lies on YOU making the claim.

Prove to me there is a detailed history of strength athletes using PEDs in the United States before Ziegler and good fucking luck  ;D

Wait let me guess , We know the Russians were using as early as 1952 maybe Reeves flew to the U.S.S.R to get injections lmfao

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #252 on: February 18, 2015, 08:56:53 PM »
It doesn't claim that west coast athletes weren't using testosterone? NOT how it works , if you're making the claim , back it up. if you think the west coast bodybuilders were indeed using testosterone PROVE IT  ;) the burden of proof lies on YOU making the claim.

Prove to me there is a detailed history of strength athletes using PEDs in the United States before Ziegler and good fucking luck  ;D

Wait let me guess , We know the Russians were using as early as 1952 maybe Reeves flew to the U.S.S.R to get injections lmfao

Earlier in this thread is a post that is as equally well sourced as your magazine article or collection of self reporting anecdotes about a scam going on in York Pa.  It said west coast bodybuilders were reported to be experimenting with test.

I really don't need anything more than the thumbnail from that video tribute to Reeves that shows him standing on stage with test bloat.

BTW, who cares about "strength athletes" we are talking about bodybuilders.  Maybe go back to your old canard that test doesn't work.  That was my favorite, especially after you post an article that says the Russians were using test.  Yeah because it didn't work.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: February 19, 2015, 07:32:12 AM »
Earlier in this thread is a post that is as equally well sourced as your magazine article or collection of self reporting anecdotes about a scam going on in York Pa.  It said west coast bodybuilders were reported to be experimenting with test.

I really don't need anything more than the thumbnail from that video tribute to Reeves that shows him standing on stage with test bloat.

BTW, who cares about "strength athletes" we are talking about bodybuilders.  Maybe go back to your old canard that test doesn't work.  That was my favorite, especially after you post an article that says the Russians were using test.  Yeah because it didn't work.

NONSENSE !!! equally well sourced  ::) I provided multiple links with converging evidence , with dates , times , people , places , etc NOT some vague references , the links I posted has detailed information. You know why you can't do the same because there is NO history of PEDs in this country before then if there were we wouldn't be having this ' conversation '

I know you don't need much at all to form your ' opinions '  LMAO ' test bloat ' lol

Provide me with proof that bodybuilders were taking PEDs before 1950 in Reeves time , there is NO history of weightlifters or bodybuilders taking PEDs before Dr John Ziegler in the late 1950s , there just isn't the earliest that bodybuilders may have ( key word ) is 1958/59 and that's speculation at best.

You're right the Russians were using test with positive results and a lot of health problems , the earliest that was speculated is 1952 , it may have been earlier we don't know , but we do know about the time-line in the United States , and if you have something that predates Ziegler and CIBA and York prove it and we both know you can't.

You've made up your mind and set the bar so low on what constitutes proof that you don't care about facts , that's the difference between you and I.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #254 on: February 19, 2015, 08:19:27 AM »
This thread has become a microcosm of America as we know it today. Polarized, uneducated, conspiracy freaks, and plain dumbass funny. Scary part is that these people vote and raise children. The "test bloat" comment has to be the funniest I have seen to date on Get Big. Thank you poster. 

I hope this thread never ends. When I was a kid I read the morning comics in the L.A. Times. Now I have this.........

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #255 on: February 19, 2015, 09:08:32 AM »
Steve Reeves will always be my Old School Hero. Along with park and Pearl...MEN

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2015, 01:20:34 PM »
This thread has become a microcosm of America as we know it today. Polarized, uneducated, conspiracy freaks, and plain dumbass funny. Scary part is that these people vote and raise children. The "test bloat" comment has to be the funniest I have seen to date on Get Big. Thank you poster. 

I hope this thread never ends. When I was a kid I read the morning comics in the L.A. Times. Now I have this.........

Did you ever try steroids Mr MB?

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #257 on: February 19, 2015, 03:28:35 PM »
Yes. 1983 (age 43) I was competing natural and getting my ass kicked. 193 was my best on stage weight. I went to Dr. W in Van Nuys Ca. who was taking care of the L.A. Dodgers, the L.A. Kings, most of the L.A. BB elite, visiting pro wrestlers and other sports celebs. (his waiting room was a who's who) He had a weekly protocol everyone got...250 Test Cyp with 200 Deca. No more no less. I upped my protein from 200 to 300 gms a day and  I gained a quick 20 pounds and started to pick up titles. . Remember the shit was 100% legal at the time.

It took a year and off I went. I upped the Test to 750, added in Squibb EQ which I got from a local vet in a huge bottle, Anavar by the handful which I ordered out of Italy in huge pop out sheets, injectable Dbol and Winny which I picked up in Tijuana and my No. 1 fav. Primo Acetate from Germany. Anadrol gave me adult acne and a rapid heart beat. My new best on stage weight 235.

I stopped everything in 1990 except Test Cyp 250 weekly which I still do today at age 74. With a Docs prescription. I pole vault out of bed every morning. So yes for 31 years non stop. Health excellent with a few prescriptions, donate blood every 6 weeks to keep RBC down and take a baby aspirin t keep blood thin.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2015, 03:44:06 PM »
Thanks for that detailed reply. Just shows what the pharmaceuticals can do even when starting in your 40's.
Good that your healthy in your 70's.
The testosterone supplement properties detailed in the 1940's is now mainstream treatment for middle aged plus men so I guess Paul DeKruif's 1945 book contents have become socially acceptable in the USA. This is not the case in the UK but Scotsmen like me never would need any extra
Testosterone anyway. :D

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2015, 04:49:52 PM »

I was actually surprised at that picture of Reeves with test bloat myself.  Most of the others I've seen he seems leaner in, but that shot of him on stage makes him look watery and puffy.  Classic test.  But despite all the evidence that it works fine for bbing including from even about 3 posts up, something that clearly works and was available in the 40s was not being used by bodybuilders then.  Pure horseshit.  And a guy denying it doesn't mean shit to me either.  Shawn Ray's own brother told me that Shawn didn't use steroids the same night Shawn competed in his first Night of the Champions.  His own brother didn't know.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2015, 06:15:29 PM »
We will never know for sure, but if he was indeed using steroids he had a big incentive to keep it a secret as he would not want to lose his edge over other bodybuilders who were natural and didn't have a clue at the time, obviously .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2015, 06:18:24 PM »
We will never know for sure, but if he was indeed using steroids he had a big incentive to keep it a secret as he would not want to lose his edge over other bodybuilders who were natural and didn't have a clue at the time, obviously .

Fuck off pumpster  ::)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2015, 06:26:50 PM »
Fuck off pumpster  ::)

aren't you the creep who posted pictures of some random dumbbells as proof that you work out? lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2015, 06:37:10 PM »
aren't you the creep who posted pictures of some random dumbbells as proof that you work out? lol

This is my proof I work out  ;)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2015, 06:50:43 PM »
This is my proof I work out  ;)

Where's that, Phoenix area?  Lots of good places to hike and contemplate test bloat.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2015, 01:20:14 PM »
Sedona AZ. Home of test bloat, quack shaman, herbal tea body wraps, great hiking, and magnetic truth.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #266 on: February 23, 2015, 11:33:53 AM »
Sedona AZ. Home of test bloat, quack shaman, herbal tea body wraps, great hiking, and magnetic truth.
^^
You forgot burritos, too... :D