Author Topic: What's the best dog all round, ever bred?  (Read 23053 times)

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
Re: What's the best dog all round, ever bred?
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2014, 06:51:06 PM »
your fat mom

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2014, 07:06:58 PM »
has all the quality's of a dog except loyalty and luck

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2014, 07:43:32 PM »
In no particular order (for now);

Mutt.  Doberman.  Labratard.  Akita.  German Shepherd. Italian Greyhound. Great Dane.  Mutt.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2014, 08:41:03 PM »
In no particular order (for now);

Mutt.  Doberman.  Labratard.  Akita.  German Shepherd. Italian Greyhound. Great Dane.  Mutt.

VERY short life expectancies.
:

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2014, 09:44:23 PM »
Rottweiler - Too easy.  Everything else is just that. 

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2014, 10:02:40 PM »
Chihuahua cause Shawn ray is pretty smart

Abacab

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2014, 10:43:00 PM »

Photoshopped dog of peace.

What's sad is the dog needed no photoshopping..

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2014, 10:56:14 PM »
Mixed breeds, always mixed breeds.

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2014, 02:40:51 AM »
Not so short nowdays , my Newfounland(you said once the same thing about him) is 10 yo and still going strong, and the Akita can live 14 years(The Akita may be the only breed in the world considered a natural ... Height: 24 to 28 inch.at shoulder; Weight: 65 to 115 pounds; Life Span: 10 to 14 years).Great Dane has a shorter life span I think( 7-10 years).

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2014, 03:31:52 AM »
Rescue dogs would always be my first choice but you asked for breeds so...

our family german shepherd was a fantastic dog. Super intelligent, very protective and a beautiful beautiful animal.

but, the samoyed we had before her was something special. She was damn near human in the way she'd reason things out. The shepherd was very sharp, no doubt, but the Sammy would have run rings around her, mentally. Spooky smart. The coat was a pain in summer though.

Simple Simon

« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2014, 03:42:57 AM »
our great Dane was almost 11.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2014, 05:38:16 AM »
Not so short nowdays , my Newfounland(you said once the same thing about him) is 10 yo and still going strong, and the Akita can live 14 years(The Akita may be the only breed in the world considered a natural ... Height: 24 to 28 inch.at shoulder; Weight: 65 to 115 pounds; Life Span: 10 to 14 years).Great Dane has a shorter life span I think( 7-10 years).

I've had a few friends with Akitas and sadly none of them lived past 7. One of them had Lupus (I guess not uncommon). Also, Great Danes ~ 7-8 years old.  ~flower lost her 3 fairly young. Your lucky your Newfie is still going strong since their LE is 9.  You must take very good care of him.  Some people, although very loving, just don't know about good diets, exercise, etc. and feed the basic, cheapest grocery store crap.  Then again, they're usually the same people eating fast food and other processed crap themselves.
:

Simple Simon

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2014, 05:39:50 AM »

I've had a few friends with Akitas and sadly none of them lived past 7. One of them had Lupus (I guess not uncommon). Also, Great Danes ~ 7-8 years old.  ~flower lost her 3 fairly young. Your lucky your Newfie is still going strong since their LE is 9.  You must take very good care of him.  Some people, although very loving, just don't know about good diets, exercise, etc. and feed the basic, cheapest grocery store crap.  Then again, they're usually the same people eating fast food and other processed crap themselves.

My dogs have the same thing as me every morning for breakfast.

A tin of dog food. 

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2014, 05:58:18 AM »

We know quite a few Newfies here in Sweden which are past 9 years , the breed has got much healthier nowadays , I know it first hand because this is my third Newfoundland.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2014, 06:05:49 AM »
Rottweiler (like cars, get a German import if possible)

Our little guy does protection training with Belgian Shepard puppies and those things are sharp dogs.. Not something I'd want as a family dog necessarily.
they are more suited to military/polic use than pets, too much violent energy crammed up in them to live life as house pet

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2014, 11:35:56 AM »
they are more suited to military/polic use than pets, too much violent energy crammed up in them to live life as house pet

yeah, our trainer is a k9 cop who got his latest puppy off a 80 year old woman in oakland

her kids thought it would be a good idea to give grandma a Belgian shepherd with a hard protection dog temperament , Hebrews of peace.

obviously the dog destroyed her house and barked all the time.. lucky it didn't get euthanized.

Our rottie is just as brave (gunshots / whip don't phase him, he loves bite work & he would tear the arm off of any Obamas Son who broke in our house) but a much better family dog, big baby with his mom and doesn't chew or bark unless someone comes to the door

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2014, 03:03:36 PM »
people who have rottweiler at home with children in the house should lose their parenting rights

it's just insane since this is a wild animal that can flip out any time eating them alive

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2014, 03:10:57 PM »
people who have rottweiler at home with children in the house should lose their parenting rights

it's just insane since this is a wild animal that can flip out any time eating them alive

Most owners are fucking delusional when they claim that their rage is caused by the 'wrong upbringing', until something happens with their beloved rottweiler/pit bull/etc :-\

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2014, 03:14:39 PM »
Most owners are fucking delusion when they claim that their rage is caused by the 'wrong upbringing', until something happens with their beloved rottweilers/pit bulls/etc :-\
agree

craziest idea ever to be around such animals without carrying a firearm

what if something goes wrong in the brain and the animal goes crazy
 ;D

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2014, 03:32:44 PM »
Strong EKul retardedness in this thread  ::)

In Germany Rotties can't legally be bred and sold unless they pass Schutzhund training, which requires an incredible temperament and massive amounts of obedience training.

there is almost no chance than the offspring of sch3 dog are going to be anything less than well adjusted. Like people, dogs temperament , intelligence etc is largely genetic.

Obviously abusing them isn't going to help but Ghetto retards who abuse animals don't buy a $4000 import dog that can do this ..

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2014, 03:54:35 PM »
an animal is an animal

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2014, 07:13:37 PM »
an animal is an animal

Halo doing shitty trolling in this thread.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2014, 07:16:47 PM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2014, 07:20:52 PM »
an animal is an animal

Yes, two legged or four.  Unless of course, it chooses to be otherwise.  There is a reason that God spelled backwards is "dog".  What a true gift these creatures are to us.  Unconditional love. Unconditional loyalty.  Friendship.  All this and more is contained within their eyes.

If you cannot see that then it is you that are the simple animal you speak of.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2014, 07:23:26 PM »
this is an attractive dog: husky retriever mix.

I'd like to breed the myostatin negative trait (from the whippets) in with these breeds and maybe some border collie for super smarts: