Author Topic: What Happens Next For Lois Lerner?  (Read 19102 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: What Happens Next For Lois Lerner?
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2014, 10:03:29 AM »
"When we said we're giving you all the emails...we didn't mean we were giving you the ones we destroyed"   That..in a nutshell..is the current IRS line. 

great point assuming you're not going by the standard of most investigations, indictments and convictions because if you're going by that standard then Reagan in the hands down winner

I'll let you get back to right wing imagination land

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2014, 10:41:18 AM »
great point assuming you're not going by the standard of most investigations, indictments and convictions because if you're going by that standard then Reagan in the hands down winner

Lmfao.   Excuses excuses excuses. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Archivist: IRS didn't follow law re lost emails
AP via Yahoo News ^ | 6/24/14 | Eileen Sullivan
Posted on June 24, 2014 12:45:59 PM EDT by Kartographer

The nation's top archivist says the Internal Revenue Service did not follow the law when it failed to report the loss of records belonging to a senior IRS executive.

David Ferriero says federal law requires that government agencies must notify the National Archives and Records Administration when it becomes aware that federal records are lost.

(Excerpt) Read more at finance.yahoo.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2014, 10:53:19 AM »
Free Republic
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

IRS Wanted Lois Lerner Emails To Disappear
Investor's Business Daily ^ | June 24, 2014 | IBD EDITORIALS
Posted on June 24, 2014 12:52:31 PM EDT by raptor22

Scandal: The IRS canceled a contract with an email storage contractor weeks after Lois Lerner reported lost personal files and before other IRS officials had their hard drives crash as Tea Party-targeting investigations began.

Timing is everything, the saying goes, and sometimes the timing of events is also very curious, as in the case of the lost emails of Lerner and at least six other officials at the very same time the IRS canceled its contract to back up and preserve those emails as required by federal law.

Lerner's computer supposedly crashed in June 2011, an alleged event the IRS concealed from the American public and congressional investigators for two years.

This event, which cannot be verified because her hard drive has since been destroyed and recycled, occurred just 10 days after House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Rep. Dave Camp first wrote a letter asking if the IRS was engaging in targeting of nonprofit groups.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2014, 12:33:09 PM »
Free Republic
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

IRS Wanted Lois Lerner Emails To Disappear
Investor's Business Daily ^ | June 24, 2014 | IBD EDITORIALS
Posted on June 24, 2014 12:52:31 PM EDT by raptor22

Scandal: The IRS canceled a contract with an email storage contractor weeks after Lois Lerner reported lost personal files and before other IRS officials had their hard drives crash as Tea Party-targeting investigations began.

Timing is everything, the saying goes, and sometimes the timing of events is also very curious, as in the case of the lost emails of Lerner and at least six other officials at the very same time the IRS canceled its contract to back up and preserve those emails as required by federal law.

Lerner's computer supposedly crashed in June 2011, an alleged event the IRS concealed from the American public and congressional investigators for two years.

This event, which cannot be verified because her hard drive has since been destroyed and recycled, occurred just 10 days after House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Rep. Dave Camp first wrote a letter asking if the IRS was engaging in targeting of nonprofit groups.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...

looks like they timed it rather well.
w

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2014, 02:07:21 PM »

Give me a fucking break...the initial spin that tea party groups were not targeted was shown to be false....the notion that it was few "bad apples" in Cincy was shown to be false...the defense that Liberal groups were also scrutinized was shown to be false.  The woman in charge of this operation, Lois Lerner, had a history of applying heightened scrutiny to conservative groups when she was at the FEC.  She had a plant in the audience ask question about all this at the ABA conference because she knows the Inspector General has completed his report and the lid is about to come off and she wants to get out in front of it.  She then goes before Congress to PLEAD THE FIFTH and then after months of stonewalling her and her IRS cronies suddenly reveal that all their emails were gone due to a simultaneous computer crash and no effort was made to extract the data from the back up tapes (even though those emails were already subpoenaed by Congress) before the original hard drives were destroyed and the back up tapes were erased.  Failing to disclose the data loss at the time it occurred to the National Archives is a violation of Federal records laws....but that doesn't matter to them...they didn't want the data recovered.  They didn't want anyone to see the data from Lerner's computer.  Only a fool would look at this scenario and think there isn't a massive cover up going on here.

Is this abuse of power by the IRS imaginary too?
http://dailysignal.com/2014/06/24/irs-admits-wrongdoing-pay-50000-leaking-marriage-groups-tax-return/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2014, 02:14:00 PM »
7 Hard Drives Failing: What are the odds? These are the odds. [IRS SCANDAL]
American Digest ^  | June 22, 2014 | Gerard Vanderleun

Posted on ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2014‎ ‎4‎:‎29‎:‎22‎ ‎PM by QT3.14

I run a data center. Disk drives that are left running continuously last between two and three years. Three years is about 36 months.

The odds of a disk failing in any given month are roughly one in 36. The odds of two different drives failing in the same month are roughly one in 36 squared, or 1 in about 1,300. The odds of three drives failing in the same month is 36 cubed or 1 in 46,656. The odds of seven different drives failing in the same month is 37 to the 7th power = 1 in 78,664,164,096.

(Excerpt) Read more at americandigest.org ...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2014, 02:37:34 PM »
Lmfao.   Excuses excuses excuses. 

just facts

you would think even bottom of the barrel debt collector could understand that but apparently not so in your case

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2014, 02:52:44 PM »
just facts

you would think even bottom of the barrel debt collector could understand that but apparently not so in your case

LOL you little sick frail twinkie - you have nothing left at all in this corrupt junta you worship

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2014, 03:48:38 PM »

LOL you little sick frail twinkie - you have nothing left at all in this corrupt junta you worship

Save your comes on for the funboys down at the bathhouse where you spend your evenings

You know nothing about what I look like but I've seen your pics and you'd look like a child standing next to me so save your fantasies for someone else

I know you hate facts but the fact is that the Reagan administration was the most corrupt ever

Go get your shinebox

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2014, 05:58:39 PM »
Free Republic
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

IRS ADMITS LEAKING CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION Used Against Mitt Romney in 2012 Elections
The Gateway Pundit ^ | 6/24/14 | Jim Hoft
Posted on June 24, 2014 at 8:54:18 PM EDT by Nachum

The conservative group National Organization of Marriage accused the IRS of leaking documents to the Obama Campaign in 2012. A top Obama campaign official Joe Solomese used the information to attack Mitt Romney during the 2012 election. The Huffington Post used the leaked documents in a story questioning former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney’s support for traditional marriage. The document showed Romney donated $10,000 to NOM.

The IRS agreed this week to pay only $50,000 in damages to the National Organization for Marriage after leaking confidential information to a leading gay marriage group. The Daily Signal reported, via Free Republic:

Two years after activists for same-sex marriage obtained the confidential tax return and donor list of a national group opposed to redefining marriage, the Internal Revenue Service has admitted wrongdoing and agreed to settle the resulting lawsuit.

The Daily Signal has learned that, under a consent judgment today, the IRS agreed to pay $50,000 in damages to the National Organization for Marriage as a result of the unlawful release of the confidential information to a gay rights group, the Human Rights Campaign, that is NOM’s chief political rival.

(Excerpt) Read more at thegatewaypundit.com ...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2014, 09:45:41 PM »
Give me a fucking break...the initial spin that tea party groups were not targeted was shown to be false....the notion that it was few "bad apples" in Cincy was shown to be false...the defense that Liberal groups were also scrutinized was shown to be false.  The woman in charge of this operation, Lois Lerner, had a history of applying heightened scrutiny to conservative groups when she was at the FEC.  She had a plant in the audience ask question about all this at the ABA conference because she knows the Inspector General has completed his report and the lid is about to come off and she wants to get out in front of it.  She then goes before Congress to PLEAD THE FIFTH and then after months of stonewalling her and her IRS cronies suddenly reveal that all their emails were gone due to a simultaneous computer crash and no effort was made to extract the data from the back up tapes (even though those emails were already subpoenaed by Congress) before the original hard drives were destroyed and the back up tapes were erased.  Failing to disclose the data loss at the time it occurred to the National Archives is a violation of Federal records laws....but that doesn't matter to them...they didn't want the data recovered.  They didn't want anyone to see the data from Lerner's computer.  Only a fool would look at this scenario and think there isn't a massive cover up going on here.

Is this abuse of power by the IRS imaginary too?
http://dailysignal.com/2014/06/24/irs-admits-wrongdoing-pay-50000-leaking-marriage-groups-tax-return/

I always forget the name of the teabag group that was denied 501(c)(4) status

"Patriot" something?

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2014, 09:57:29 PM »
Really?  That's your defense?   2013 wants you to come back and get educated....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/14/irs-tea-party-progressive-groups/2158831/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2014, 10:23:55 PM »
Really?  That's your defense?   2013 wants you to come back and get educated....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/14/irs-tea-party-progressive-groups/2158831/

even one name is fine

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2014, 04:30:54 AM »
Save your comes on for the funboys down at the bathhouse where you spend your evenings

You know nothing about what I look like but I've seen your pics and you'd look like a child standing next to me so save your fantasies for someone else

I know you hate facts but the fact is that the Reagan administration was the most corrupt ever

Go get your shinebox

Does that make it okay for this (and any future administration) to be corrupt?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2014, 05:02:01 AM »
Skip to comments.

IRS Email Jeopardy: The agency had a legal obligation to retain the records it lost
The Wall Street Journal ^ | June 24, 2014 | Wall Street Journal Editorial Page
Posted on June 24, 2014 at 9:36:48 PM EDT by JOHN ADAMS

The IRS is spinning a tale of bureaucratic incompetence to explain the vanishing emails from former Tax Exempt Organizations doyenne Lois Lerner and six other IRS employees. We have less faith by the minute that there is an innocent explanation for this failure to cooperate with Congress, but even if true it doesn't matter. The IRS was under a legal obligation to retain the information because of a litigation hold.

(Excerpt) Read more at online.wsj.com ...

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2014, 06:16:36 AM »
even one name is fine

I think I know the answer to this question...but what exactly is your point?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2014, 07:42:53 AM »
Does that make it okay for this (and any future administration) to be corrupt?

did I say it did

all I did was remind John Matrix that his statement that this was the most corrupt administration in modern history was not even remotely close to being true

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2014, 07:44:12 AM »
I think I know the answer to this question...but what exactly is your point?

was it "Freedom" something?

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2014, 07:59:31 AM »
Your inability to answer direct questions leads me to think you work for the IRS...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2014, 08:28:47 AM »
Your inability to answer direct questions leads me to think you work for the IRS...

did you answer my question ?

perhaps you also work for the IRS

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2014, 08:32:42 AM »
You're being deliberately obtuse...I've laid out in great detail my issues with the IRS conduct.  You seem interested in mounting a defense,  but seem unable to coherently articulate one.  I'm simply trying to help you by walking you through a process you seem ill equipped to handle.

agenda21nwo

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2014, 09:08:23 AM »
StrawMan, standing out like the elephant in the room.  You are alone buddy, your fellow retards are waking up.  What about you?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2014, 09:14:40 AM »
Let's review

the IRS must determine whether a group qualifies for 501c4 Status

the IRS gave extra scrutiny to both Democratic and Republican groups

the IRS did not deny status to any Republican groups but did deny status to Democratic groups (sidebar - they should have denied to status to ALL political groups who did not meet the actual standards of a 501c4)

I already said this on page 1 of this thread

If Issa really wanted to investigate he would simply offer her immunity

He is not doing this because he already has all the information and knows there was nothing improper and then this scandal goes away

His motivation is not to investigate but to keep this scandal alive so they can use it as political fodder in the elections

BTW - the larger issue is the discrepancy in how the law was written by Congress vs. the IRS redefining a law (do they have that power)

The IRS must (as mandated by both the law and even their own rule) to determine whether political groups actually qualify for tax exempt status

Also keep in mind that no right wing group was even denied tax exempt status so all the IRS did was look at them and said essentially "you're fine...move along"

that's your entire "scandal"

Here the law written by Congress and then the rule written by the IRS

The current version of the Revenue Act of 1913 provides a tax exemption for:
26 U.S.C. § 501(c)(4)(A)

Civil leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare or local associations of employees, the membership of which is limited to the employees of a designated person or persons in a particular municipality, and the net earnings of which are devoted exclusively to charitable, educational, or recreational purposes.

Then in 1959 the IRS redefined the term "promotion of social welfare" to depart radically from the statute:
Treas. Reg. § 1.501(c)(4)-1(a)(2)(i)

[a]n organization is operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare if it is primarily engaged in promoting in some way the common good and general welfare of the people of the community. An organization embraced within this section is one which is operated primarily for the purpose of bringing about civic betterments and social improvements.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2014, 12:04:34 PM »
StrawMan, standing out like the elephant in the room.  You are alone buddy, your fellow retards are waking up.  What about you?

He isn't alone, "agenda21nwo" (lol, holy shit, are you a teenager?). 

I'll agree that it seems like something sort of illegal probably happened here. 

But is it as big a deal as y'all would like it to be?  Uh, I haven't seen any reason to think so yet.

Honestly, I think tax-exempt status is enjoyed by far too many in this country.  If it were up to me, I'd be taxing churches so maybe I'm a little out of the mainstream with my thoughts about such shit.