Author Topic: GOP civil war rages in Senate primary battles  (Read 9946 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: GOP civil war rages in Senate primary battles
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2014, 10:38:52 AM »
Who made the all-or-nothing ultimatum?

The dems, or ted cruz?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2014, 10:55:58 AM »
If that's so then it should be reasonably easy, quick and simple for you to do.  

Seems like you have an assumed stereotype supported by an bias site dedicated to finding anything they can call media bias. 

Kind of like Matrix saying:

it took me like 2 minutes.

I actually thought he might be right. 

Thing is, Beach i thihnk you are probably right too, but i would like to "see" what you are talking about, because i also suspect Fox news does similar things with the "hard news" but you choose to let them off the hook because of you own bias.

It's not reasonable, quick, or easy to try and find things I have observed on TV.  What is really easy and quick is to post a link to a thread with numerous examples of liberal media bias. Whether you chose to read those stories is up to you.

I will say, generally, that a reasonable, objective person who really pays attention to the MSM will likely see a clear bias in the reporting, headlines, and content.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »
It's not reasonable, quick, or easy to try and find things I have observed on TV.  What is really easy and quick is to post a link to a thread with numerous examples of liberal media bias. Whether you chose to read those stories is up to you.

I will say, generally, that a reasonable, objective person who really pays attention to the MSM will likely see a clear bias in the reporting, headlines, and content.

So basically you are saying you have "heard" these things from time to time in the past, but cannot or will not provide anything to substantiate your claim other then a 211 page thread mostly from a opinion site where you again cannot or will not provide any examples from or examples of their "facts".  Further more you cited Matrix's list which currently has been shown to be inaccurate, unrealistic, stereotyped, and assumption based.

Got it.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2014, 12:53:18 PM »

So basically you are saying you have "heard" these things from time to time in the past, but cannot or will not provide anything to substantiate your claim other then a 211 page thread mostly from a opinion site where you again cannot or will not provide any examples from or examples of their "facts".  Further more you cited Matrix's list which currently has been shown to be inaccurate, unrealistic, stereotyped, and assumption based.

Got it.   

No, it's more like I've heard, seen, and read biased reporting by the MSM.  I don't need to substantiate what I've seen, which really isn't reasonable, because I'm not about to try and recount quotes or whatever from things I've seen on TV.  Regarding things I have read, I provided a link to a thread with numerous examples.  Those examples contain facts.  You don't want to read them, because there are too many examples and too many facts.   

And yes, I agree with Matrix.  No, you doing an internet search on a couple cites using a few search terms doesn't make what he (or I) have seen to be inaccurate, unrealistic, etc. 

Are you seriously suggesting there is no liberal bias in the MSM? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2014, 12:59:35 PM »
Who made the all-or-nothing ultimatum?

The dems, or ted cruz?

Ted Cruz

Let's review

The Dems fought a legislative battle for the ACA and then fought court battles

The Dems won and then Cruz decided he was going to hold up funding (taking the country hostage) unless the Dems yielded to his ransom demand

The Cruz killed the hostage (shut down the government) and then wants to pretend that the Dems actually killed the hostage

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2014, 01:14:38 PM »
No, it's more like I've heard, seen, and read biased reporting by the MSM.  I don't need to substantiate what I've seen, which really isn't reasonable, because I'm not about to try and recount quotes or whatever from things I've seen on TV.  Regarding things I have read, I provided a link to a thread with numerous examples.  Those examples contain facts.  You don't want to read them, because there are too many examples and too many facts.    

And yes, I agree with Matrix.  No, you doing an internet search on a couple cites using a few search terms doesn't make what he (or I) have seen to be inaccurate, unrealistic, etc.  

Are you seriously suggesting there is no liberal bias in the MSM?  

If those examples contain facts its shouldn't be too hard to show them.  Remember, its YOUR thread.  

You used Matrix's list to support your claim.  It was proved unrealistic for the reason's i listed.

And regardless of anything you have said here these facts still remain:

1.  You are unwilling to give examples of this MSM bias on Hard News but willing to  absolve Fox news.

2.  This is based on your recollection of what you have "heard" be that yesterday, last week, last month, last year, etc.

3.  You have a massive thread which YOU started that supposedly contains facts you are unwilling to show to back up your claim

4.  Matix's list is bunk.  

Not too much more to say on this matter because nothing is really changing.

In conclusion, you are charging MSM for a liberal bias, unwilling to back up your claim and you are giving FOX a free pass.  

Great example of being nonobjective and shows bias opinion based on commonly accepted stereotypes fed to you by the conservative spin machine.  Oh wait, Conservatives don't spin anything right?  they just tell the straight truth.     ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2014, 01:18:26 PM »
If those examples contain facts its shouldn't be too hard to show them.  Remember, its YOUR thread. 

You used Matrix's list to support your claim.  It was proved unrealistic for the reason's i listed.

1.  You are unwilling to give examples of this MSM bias on Hard News but willing to give absolve Fox news.

2.  This is based on your recollection of what you have "heard" be that yesterday, last week, last month, last year, etc.

3.  You have a massive thread which YOU started that supposedly contains facts you are unwilling to show to back up your claim

4.  Matix's list is bunk. 

In conclusion, you are charging MSM for a liberal bias, unwilling to back up your claim and you are giving FOX a free pass. 

Great example of being nonobjective and shows bias opinion based on commonly accepted stereotypes fed to you by the conservative spin machine.  Oh wait, Conservatives don't spin anything right?  they just tell the straight truth.   

What exactly is your point?  The issue is whether or not there is a liberal bias in the MSM.  There is an entire thread on the subject.  If you're asking me to go through that thread and pull out the examples for you, then no I'm not willing to do that. 

If you are saying that based on your own observation, there is no liberal bias in the MSM, then we'll have to agree to disagree. 

If you are saying my own observation is wrong, because I will not spoon feed you stories that are already in a thread that talks about this very subject, then I don't really have anything more to add. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2014, 01:41:37 PM »
What exactly is your point?  The issue is whether or not there is a liberal bias in the MSM.  There is an entire thread on the subject.  If you're asking me to go through that thread and pull out the examples for you, then no I'm not willing to do that. 

You said that quite a few times.  Which basically means you'll parrot a bias site but will not reach in and pull out some of these "supposed facts." 

If you are saying that based on your own observation, there is no liberal bias in the MSM, then we'll have to agree to disagree. 

Not saying that at all.  Simply asking you to provide some examples.

If you are saying my own observation is wrong, because I will not spoon feed you stories that are already in a thread that talks about this very subject, then I don't really have anything more to add. 

Not saying that at all regarding MSM's bias.  Simply asking you to provide some examples.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2014, 01:43:23 PM »
You said that quite a few times.  Which basically means you'll parrot a bias site but will not reach in and pull out some of these "supposed facts." 

Not saying that at all.  Simply asking you to provide some examples.

Not saying that at all regarding MSM's bias.  Simply asking you to provide some examples.

It's a site that tracks and exposes liberal media bias.  If you actually read some of the articles posted in the thread, you would see that.  It can be pretty subtle, but also pretty blatant. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2014, 01:57:50 PM »
If those examples contain facts its shouldn't be too hard to show them.  Remember, its YOUR thread.  

You used Matrix's list to support your claim.  It was proved unrealistic for the reason's i listed.

1.  You are unwilling to give examples of this MSM bias on Hard News but willing to  absolve Fox news.

2.  This is based on your recollection of what you have "heard" be that yesterday, last week, last month, last year, etc.

3.  You have a massive thread which YOU started that supposedly contains facts you are unwilling to show to back up your claim

4.  Matix's list is bunk.  

Great example of being nonobjective and shows bias opinion based on commonly accepted stereotypes fed to you by the conservative spin machine.  Oh wait, Conservatives don't spin anything right?  they just tell the straight truth.     ;)

Dude anyone who regularly reads political articles or sees news on mainstream news outlets knows there is a massive bias. You doing a quick search (the results of which i find rather hard to believe) certainly doesnt 'disprove' anything. I read a variety of sources on a daily basis and see examples every day. The main media honchos are virtually all Dem, the leaders of all the REAL big names in media(other than fox) , like nbc and cbs off the top of my head are big Dem donors, the head of Disney is a big Dem donor/obama fan..Yahoo news sources virtually all of their headlines from liberal news outlets...these are the guys controlling the vast majority of the media seen by average nonpolitical americans every day.
Politico reported a survey a few days ago showing only 7% of journalists identify as republicans. SEVEN PERCENT

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2014, 02:10:29 PM »
Ted Cruz

Let's review

The Dems fought a legislative battle for the ACA and then fought court battles

The Dems won and then Cruz decided he was going to hold up funding (taking the country hostage) unless the Dems yielded to his ransom demand

The Cruz killed the hostage (shut down the government) and then wants to pretend that the Dems actually killed the hostage

Lmao...man cruz must be really powerful, he just 'decided' and then personally  'shut down the government' on his own!

You suuuure it obama, reid and the dems had nothing to do with it?  ;)

The funniest thing about this whole charade is that the Dems postured and squealed so loud and dug in their feet...then proceeded to do EXACTLY WHAT CRUZ WANTED them to do a few weeks later anyways

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2014, 02:20:53 PM »
Lmao...man cruz must be really powerful, he just 'decided' and then personally  'shut down the government' on his own!

You suuuure it obama, reid and the dems had nothing to do with it?  ;)

The funniest thing about this whole charade is that the Dems postured and squealed so loud and dug in their feet...then proceeded to do EXACTLY WHAT CRUZ WANTED them to do a few weeks later anyways

him and a handful of other teabaggers but he was the leader

you know this (and it's easily verifiable for anyone who doesn't know it)

The Dems fought and won the battle for the ACA and Cruz basically just threw a childish temper tantrum and all the Dems could do was sit back and wait for the little child to cry himself out.

And then Cruz (and apparently you) want to pretend that it was not his fault

fine by me but don't expect anyone else to join you in fantasy land

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2014, 02:26:19 PM »
Dude anyone who regularly reads political articles or sees news on mainstream news outlets knows there is a massive bias.
I am not saying there isn't a Bias in the MSM, including FOX news.

You doing a quick search (the results of which i find rather hard to believe) certainly doesnt 'disprove' anything.
Do you think i made it up?

Did you even click on the links?

Is your OWN PERSONAL BIAS preventing you from clicking on the links, or doing the exact same thing I did?

I did exactly as you said which you have up to now conveniently ignored:

Go search any of the mainstream news outlets and find one single example of an article, any article, describing any democrat candidate using the terms i layed out above, or anything close to it. You know, the usual terms they use to describe  republicans.
You wont be able to find one.

I did exactly what you asked.

Are afraid of the TRUTH?  Or do you want to stay in your DEMONIZE anything not conservative hate world?

WTF?????

Face FACT:  YOUR LIST WAS BUNK.... a product of subtle stereotyping.  there was no examples of Candidates being described as such and very few uses of the terms you provided either way.  

I read a variety of sources on a daily basis and see examples every day. The main media honchos are virtually all Dem, the leaders of all the REAL big names in media(other than fox) , like nbc and cbs off the top of my head are big Dem donors, the head of Disney is a big Dem donor/obama fan..Yahoo news sources virtually all of their headlines from liberal news outlets...these are the guys controlling the vast majority of the media seen by average nonpolitical americans every day.
Politico reported a survey a few days ago showing only 7% of journalists identify as republicans. SEVEN PERCENT

So can you serve up some examples of "Hard News", not opinion crap, hard news from MSM showing a liberal bias??????????

I believe you.  Can you show something?????????????????

FFS, you fucking people don't like your opinions questioned do you?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »
I am not saying there isn't a Bias in the MSM, including FOX news.

Do you think i made it up?

Did you even click on the links?

Is your OWN PERSONAL BIAS preventing you from clicking on the links, or doing the exact same thing I did?

I did exactly as you said which you have up to now conveniently ignored:

I did exactly what you asked.

Are afraid of the TRUTH?  Or do you want to stay in your DEMONIZE anything not conservative hate world?

WTF?????

Face FACT:  YOUR LIST WAS BUNK.... a product of subtle stereotyping

So can you serve up some examples of "Hard News", not opinion crap, hard news from MSM showing a liberal bias??????????

I believe you.  Can you show something?????????????????

FFS, you fucking people don't like your opinions questioned do you?

Brutal meltdown :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2014, 02:32:31 PM »
Brutal meltdown :D

::)

What ever, typical response from someone who has no where else to go with it.

You are acting just like Blacken here or any other libtard here.