Author Topic: Runners - why do you have to tell the world about your events?  (Read 19957 times)

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
What the fuck is it with people that have to tell the world about the running events they did?!! Facebook, twitter, newspapers, t-shirts, work....I live in the midwest and this has become a feeding ground for out of shape fucktard narcissists. Fucking overweight spandex rangers wanting a pat on the back every time they go for a jog.

Then we are supposed to act like they are warriors because they are limping around from fucking up their knees and ankles...meanwhile they didn't reduce body fat at all.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Runners
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 07:53:48 AM »
It is also a prerequisite for anyone who has lost a significant amount of weight to enter a 10k  ::)

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:54:28 AM »

cannon_fodder

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 07:56:58 AM »

No Patience

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 08:00:03 AM »
The family was at Disney World last year while there was a marathon...buses were full of people with their running outfits on and had bags of ice taped to their knees...every time these shitheads exited the bus they were greeted with mobs of people giving them applause.

For what, causing a surge in medical cost with knee surgeries...what a bunch of warriors  ::)

My neighbor pulls up the other day and yells out "aren't you proud of my sister? she just did the marathon"...her sister was gimping like a cripple.

I am surrounded by this shit  >:(

cannon_fodder

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 08:03:22 AM »
The family was at Disney World last year while there was a marathon...buses were full of people with their running outfits on and had bags of ice taped to their knees...every time these shitheads exited the bus they were greeted with mobs of people giving them applause.

For what, causing a surge in medical cost with knee surgeries...what a bunch of warriors  ::)

My neighbor pulls up the other day and yells out "aren't you proud of my sister? she just did the marathon"...her sister was gimping like a cripple.

I am surrounded by this shit  >:(

They deserve it. If they are in that amount of pain they didn't train properly in the first place. They are probably so damn fat and their gait is so fucked which results in all their knee issues.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 08:04:13 AM »
Trail running is healthier because you are running on a natural and cushioned surface, not pounding the pavement repetitively.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 08:04:59 AM »
i hate when people post running a Marathon today, and its only 2k? 5? 10k  LOL , those aren't  fucking Marathon   .

thats like a typical bodybuilder cardio morning burn before hitting the squats

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 08:05:58 AM »
I just had a client go through his third compartment syndrome surgery. This last one last week was a full fasciectomy with complications on both legs. He almost lost one leg.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 08:10:18 AM »
I just had a client go through his third compartment syndrome surgery. This last one last week was a full fasciectomy with complications on both legs. He almost lost one leg.

Beats losing a kidney

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 08:29:05 AM »
Most runners have anxiety problems and stomach problems from holding in their shit for too long...Never trust a person who won't have a beer with ya and who holds in their waste.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 09:52:41 AM »
Walk, don't run!

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 09:59:37 AM »
I hate cyclist in groups even more. Specially on Sunday if you are on PCH or some shit

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 11:44:01 AM »
What the fuck is it with people that have to tell the world about the running events they did?!! Facebook, twitter, newspapers, t-shirts, work....I live in the midwest and this has become a feeding ground for out of shape fucktard narcissists. Fucking overweight spandex rangers wanting a pat on the back every time they go for a jog.

Then we are supposed to act like they are warriors because they are limping around from fucking up their knees and ankles...meanwhile they didn't reduce body fat at all.

It's all about crossfit where I live ::)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 11:45:19 AM »
A

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 11:49:19 AM »

yes losing a leg is a common side effect from running.  ::)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 12:06:47 PM »
Sounds like a lot of hate on this thread from guys that can't run. 

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 12:33:06 PM »
Sounds like a lot of hate on this thread from guys that can't run. 

My wife used to be a 50 mile/week runner and she LOL'd at the "0.0" picture above. She's down to 6 miles and all hills.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 12:39:45 PM »
yes losing a leg is a common side effect from running.  ::)

No, but compartment syndrome is.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 12:47:03 PM »
 ;D if you weigh over 200 lbs you shouldn't run. :'(
F

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 12:48:42 PM »
It's a Facebook thing. The exercise-shy public associates running with some of the toughest physical endurance competitions (marathons, triathlons, olympic games) with running. So every moron who takes a jog around the local park is suddenly tapping into that rich vein of ignorance through their audience's acclamation of their "hard work" and "motivation."

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »

Pure narcissism.

I know of a girl who basically never exercised her whole life and now at the age of 30 posts a million times a day about all running gear she's bought and the inspirational "I'm a warrior" bullshit that goes with.

Another guy I know will occasionally go out there and "help the poor" by filling up a few soup bowls or whatever but it's blatantly obvious it's really more about himself and the 157 photos he had taken of himself posing in the hour or so he was there.

i hate when people post running a Marathon today, and its only 2k? 5? 10k  LOL , those aren't  fucking Marathon   .

thats like a typical bodybuilder cardio morning burn before hitting the squats

Ironically, I actually had to explain that to this other girl I knew the other day but she had the hardest time grasping the concept of 26.2 miles = a marathon.

I suppose it was just so deeply ingrained in her head by listening to the rest of the morons she hangs out with who have zero grasp of measurement.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 12:55:11 PM »
Pure narcissism.

I know of a girl who basically never exercised her whole life and now at the age of 30 posts a million times a day about all running gear she's bought and the inspirational "I'm a warrior" bullshit that goes with.

Another guy I know will occasionally go out there and "help the poor" by filling up a few soup bowls or whatever but it's blatantly obvious it's really more about himself and the 157 photos he had taken of himself posing in the hour or so he was there.

Sounds like half the people on my facebook.  :-\

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 01:04:15 PM »
Sounds like half the people on my facebook.  :-\

This same soup kitchen, "do gooder" asshole I was talking about posted a million pictures of himself carrying around a white dog in a club that matched his white Buddy Holly glasses and White vest. Basically no more than using a live animal for a fashion accessory.

All the people were responding "How amazing he was for carrying around the dog and all this nonsense"

Meanwhile I'm thinking to myself "That piece shit likely threw the mutt in the trash can on the way out after he got done using it for his own ego"

No Patience

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2014, 07:11:33 PM »
It's a Facebook thing. The exercise-shy public associates running with some of the toughest physical endurance competitions (marathons, triathlons, olympic games) with running. So every moron who takes a jog around the local park is suddenly tapping into that rich vein of ignorance through their audience's acclamation of their "hard work" and "motivation."

well put!