Author Topic: Runners - why do you have to tell the world about your events?  (Read 19956 times)

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
Re: Runners
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2014, 10:55:11 AM »
Hamster wheels suck. If you like to run but weather is crappy just do a small incline never bothers my joints and few years ago while prepping for my second full marathon which was in February most of my training was on the dread mill

Also if joints are an issue I'd go to a specialty runners store get fitted for shoes and inserts may want to consider compression sleeves for calves and shins

Got any nude photos to PM me?    ;D

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2014, 05:32:52 PM »
Bump for runners

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2014, 05:34:17 PM »
Trail running is healthier because you are running on a natural and cushioned surface, not pounding the pavement repetitively.

this training season I've been doing a lot of trail running. Perfer hard packed trails. I'm actually running a 50 k trail race in May 2015

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2014, 05:35:03 PM »
I like to run.

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2014, 05:37:11 PM »
I like to run.

x10000000000000000000000 00000000000000000

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2014, 10:01:32 PM »
Running is a legit sport.

Bodybuilding is not.

Hope this helps.
P

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2014, 05:38:49 AM »
My next marathon is September 28th. I've fallen slightly behind in my program. I still have a little time to buckle down and make it happen.

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2014, 08:30:04 AM »
Trail running is healthier because you are running on a natural and cushioned surface, not pounding the pavement repetitively.

Trail running is great. I run in one of our state forests that is fairly  steep, the hills really kick your ass. Heading up this afternoon.

I tried doing the running thing on treadmills, tracks and asphalt only to end up with shin splints. I don`t have this problem with trail running????  Like you said, it must be the natural cushioned surface.

BTW, hilarious reading about bbers bitching about narcissists, oh the irony. Great thread OP, this place is entertaining for sure.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2014, 09:54:53 AM »
I would be interested in how you guys combine lifting and running. If I'm lifting heavy my running suffers. If running is going great the lifting goes south.

Today I trained back and delts which included heavy deadlifts. Afterwards I went for a short two mile run. I know on days when I kick it up to a hard 5 miler there is no way I'm lifting heavy weights the day after.

One guy who was ripped up at a local charity 5k race said it all depends on your priorities. He said he wanted to be a good runner with a ripped light physique. He said it's moderate to light weights and train with volume. He said the power stuff I do is just too much if your logging the miles.

You could easily combine running (or road cycling) with weight training.  Like the 5K runner told you, you have to prioritize. 

If you're training for a bodybuilding or powerlifting event, your running will have to take a back seat.  If competing in a road race of any kind, heavy constant weight training will leave you too sore to train for your race.

I do both, and when a running or cycling event is nearing, I scale back on weight training, though never stopping completely.

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2014, 05:56:14 PM »
Running is a legit sport.

Bodybuilding is not.

Hope this helps.

They both are but running rocks

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2014, 05:58:03 PM »
My next marathon is September 28th. I've fallen slightly behind in my program. I still have a little time to buckle down and make it happen.

Which one you doing? As long as you've got your long runs in you should be tapering soon, no? Ugh I have my first 20 miler next Saturday, 8 weeks till my next full

Fakechestguy

Re: Runners - why do you have to tell the world about your events?
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2014, 06:54:42 PM »
What the fuck is it with people that have to tell the world about the running events they did?!! Facebook, twitter, newspapers, t-shirts, work....I live in the midwest and this has become a feeding ground for out of shape fucktard narcissists. Fucking overweight spandex rangers wanting a pat on the back every time they go for a jog.

Then we are supposed to act like they are warriors because they are limping around from fucking up their knees and ankles...meanwhile they didn't reduce body fat at all.

AMEN to this

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2014, 07:36:32 PM »
At least every other day, someone on my FB is talking about how they are getting ready for a 10K or Crossfit challenge, etc.
X

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2014, 07:14:30 PM »
At least every other day, someone on my FB is talking about how they are getting ready for a 10K or Crossfit challenge, etc.

Lol at 10k that's my warm up. Not knocking them but until you run a full marathon then talk to me about getting ready for running

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2014, 07:27:13 PM »

How the hell do you "get ready" for a 10k?

Put on a pair of trainers?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2014, 09:39:35 PM »
How the hell do you "get ready" for a 10k?

Put on a pair of trainers?

There is some annual race here where all the whores put neon paint on themselves for the run.  ???

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2014, 12:30:21 AM »
Lol at 10k that's my warm up. Not knocking them but until you run a full marathon then talk to me about getting ready for running

My balls aren't even sweaty after 10k.

I need to run at least twice that to get some proper cock cheese.
P

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2014, 03:52:38 PM »
My balls aren't even sweaty after 10k.

I need to run at least twice that to get some proper cock cheese.

Lmaooooooooo

I'm not putting down anyone that runs. But these electric ones and run or dye bullshit are just stupid

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2014, 04:00:16 PM »

Lmaooooooooo

I'm not putting down anyone that runs. But these electric ones and run or dye bullshit are just stupid

But the generation nothingness whores of okcupid and facebook love them  ::)

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2014, 04:10:05 PM »
But the generation nothingness whites of okcupid and facebook love them  ::)

I did one once it was my friends first 5k after I paced her on the course I lopped it again be ause she was slower I had to at least get a fast run in. First loop 40 min with her my second loop 27 min. Most annoying thing are those types of run. Christ I ran a monster dash with my daughter, it was a kids race but at least it was fun and dressed up

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2014, 09:21:15 AM »
Which one you doing? As long as you've got your long runs in you should be tapering soon, no? Ugh I have my first 20 miler next Saturday, 8 weeks till my next full
I'm doing the Tri-Town Marathon in Merrillville, IN about 45 minutes away from the Southside of Chicago. Good luck with the 20. I've caught up some but am still slightly behind. It'll be all good I did my last one in April with only 4 weeks of training.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2014, 09:25:06 AM »

When are you going to do one of our events there sista?  How does 24+ Hours 40+ miles sound?   :D

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2014, 09:34:41 AM »
You all are truly missing it. Most of the time you can't tell the difference between one of these "runners" and a cast member of honey booboo. So if it isn't broadcasted to the world you won't know how much they actually train.. One of my gf bestfriends did a 10k and the bitch had the nerve to put on a hypothermia blanket after lol

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2014, 10:30:11 PM »
When are you going to do one of our events there sista?  How does 24+ Hours 40+ miles sound?   :D

Never lol but I've got a 50k trail ultra marathon in May

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2014, 10:39:25 PM »
I'm doing the Tri-Town Marathon in Merrillville, IN about 45 minutes away from the Southside of Chicago. Good luck with the 20. I've caught up some but am still slightly behind. It'll be all good I did my last one in April with only 4 weeks of training.

Wow 4 weeks of training good for you for finishing. Got my 20 done this am, went very well how I ever did 2 full marathons when I first started running and never trained than 10 miles at a time is beyond me. First few miles were tough. I raced a half marathon Sunday and did well, then 5 mile recovery run next day. Did an 8 mile tempo run Thursday. Got a few more half marathons which I will go at race pace another 16 and 18 miler another 20 miler than taper begins