Author Topic: What's a good starter gun to protect the household? (bb related)  (Read 11570 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: What's a good starter gun to protect the household? (bb related)
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2014, 03:50:57 PM »
Get one.of this super nova autos and break it in. Bad ass! Or one of these lol

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2014, 03:56:31 PM »
S&W Governor

Mine is loaded with alternating 45s and 410 shot gun shells with slugs. This pistol asks no questions. Aim, point, dead. Will drop a Grizzly Bear. No witnesses in your living room. Just don't shoot the bad guy on your outside steps or yard. Messy!!!

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2014, 04:00:52 PM »
S&W Governor

Mine is loaded with alternating 45s and 410 shot gun shells with slugs. This pistol asks no questions. Aim, point, dead. Will drop a Grizzly Bear. No witnesses in your living room. Just don't shoot the bad guy on your outside steps or yard. Messy!!!

Gimmick gun and pure bullshit that either the the .45LC or the (LOL) .410 will do anything but piss off a grizz. Have you ever seen a full grown Kodiak? FFS, I have a .454 Casull as an Alaska fishing sidearm and I don't even trust THAT. a .458 or better in a long gun. Better yet, call in a fucking air strike.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2014, 04:02:25 PM »
Gimmick gun and pure bullshit that either the the .45LC or the (LOL) .410 will do anything but piss off a grizz. Have you ever seen a full grown Kodiak? FFS, I have a .454 Casull as an Alaska fishing sidearm and I don't even trust THAT. a .458 or better in a long gun. Better yet, call in a fucking air strike.

Yup I agree the judge governor maybe a good car gun or snake gun.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2014, 04:07:11 PM »
320 savage shotgun w police grip. Round 199 on sale.

Spray n pray.

Wen ur groggy n they're breaking in no need to aim. Just point in the general direction n let em fly. Was just talking to a cop about the new breed of criminals. No longer do they case your house n wait till u r gone. They break in at night while u r at home. Its his new breed that knows that you will prolly wake up n they r prepared to kill u if the need arises.

Only downfall to my gun is if my pets get in the way. Ill aim high.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2014, 04:10:46 PM »
For us non military people who didn't grow up around guns, I prefer pepper spray and taser, and some cuffs if you've worked corrections or law enforcement at all. Guns are too problematic and you are more apt to kill the wrong person than an intruder (stats). If you taser and pepper spray someone and they aren't down and incapacitated enough to cuff, then RUN!.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2014, 04:14:33 PM »
For us non military people who didn't grow up around guns, I prefer pepper spray and taser, and some cuffs if you've worked corrections or law enforcement at all. Guns are too problematic and you are more apt to kill the wrong person than an intruder (stats). If you taser and pepper spray someone and they aren't down and incapacitated enough to cuff, then RUN!.

These "stats" you're talking about are pure fabricated bullshit. If you make the decision to get a gun, GET SOME FUCKING TRAINING. A gun isn't a magic wand.

If you aren't comfortable with guns or are a pacifist or something, I pity you. But get a mean fucking dog that'll do your killing for you.

Non-lethal means require more skill than a firearm. A taser is a one shot weapon and pepper spray? Hebrew, please.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2014, 04:15:16 PM »
320 savage shotgun w police grip. Round 199 on sale.

Spray n pray.

Wen ur groggy n they're breaking in no need to aim. Just point in the general direction n let em fly. Was just talking to a cop about the new breed of criminals. No longer do they case your house n wait till u r gone. They break in at night while u r at home. Its his new breed that knows that you will prolly wake up n they r prepared to kill u if the need arises.

Only downfall to my gun is if my pets get in the way. Ill aim high.

Christ, where to even start with this?

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2014, 04:26:15 PM »
Step 1, move out of the ghetto.

Step 2, go with a short barrel 12 guage shotgun. Some guys favor slugs, but honestlt, some size 7 1/2 target loads are gonna vaporize anything they touch.  Pattern size is huge

WRONG

bird shot is for the birds
Bird shot only will leave a flesh wound

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2014, 05:16:35 PM »
These "stats" you're talking about are pure fabricated bullshit. If you make the decision to get a gun, GET SOME FUCKING TRAINING. A gun isn't a magic wand.

If you aren't comfortable with guns or are a pacifist or something, I pity you. But get a mean fucking dog that'll do your killing for you.

Non-lethal means require more skill than a firearm. A taser is a one shot weapon and pepper spray? Hebrew, please.

Seriously, I have a gun for one reason only - to kill home invaders. I'm not going to risk my families life with tazers, pepper spray or other bullshit that won't work on a gang of drugged out, armed Hebrews intent on rape and murder. The last house that got raided here had a happy ending when the old ladies son was home and armed, and shot the Trayvons as they forced their way in.

And anyone who robs a house with a Rottweiler is not going to be stopped with a pissy little stun gun.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2014, 05:21:49 PM »
Remington 870 Police in 12 ga. 18-1/2 barrel. #4 buck FTW!

I have that with the pistol grip, but I load mine with 00 buck

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2014, 05:44:22 PM »
Remington 870 Police in 12 ga. 18-1/2 barrel. #4 buck FTW!

Was considering  the marine magnum version of this for this very thing.  Your thoughts?
Y

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2014, 05:44:52 PM »
Of course, that means that you came to a gun party with your weapon out of battery. And you gave away your position with a loud sound. Gunny says go back to class.

May keep you from beheading a 12 year old kid playing a prank.

the trainer

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2014, 05:53:52 PM »
guns are not the answer you can get into problems shooting somebody ask zimmerman, now study krav maga and learn how to disarm people and take away their guns and study some mma for general fighting , also increase your steroid stack the bigger and stronger you are the less chance of people trying to start shit with you.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2014, 06:01:21 PM »
#1 A shotgun with the shortest barrel you can get.  Remi 870 or Mossberg 500.  The Mossy 590 is my shotgun of choice because of it's higher shell capacity.

#2 Handgun.  Something easy to shoot... 9mm or .40cal.  I like S&W and Glock's.  I usually alternate between my M&P .40 and my Glock 30 .45cal... both are easily accessible at all times.

I also agree that you need to buy all the handguns now before they are not legal to purchase anymore.

Extra ammo is VERY important.  I recommend 1000 rounds (minimum) for each weapon you have.  I have a lot stored away for when the big event takes place. I'm quite convinced that ammo will be worth more than gold someday.

Learn how to take the gun down, clean it and put it back together.  Practice until it becomes 2nd nature to you.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2014, 06:03:21 PM »
WRONG

bird shot is for the birds
Bird shot only will leave a flesh wound

I would not want to get hit in the neck or face with birdshot.  It definitely does not have the stopping power of 00 or 000 shell, but it can be lethal nevertheless.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2014, 06:09:53 PM »
Was considering  the marine magnum version of this for this very thing.  Your thoughts?

Great gun.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2014, 06:14:30 PM »
MAC11 or even a Micro Uzi will suffice

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2014, 06:27:03 PM »

How many home invasions are repelled successfully each year with a firearm?  How many accidental shootings?  I can quote the research. I have worked with murderers  and trained how to put a prisoner down, I don't require a penis extension.  I have 3 dogs too, so I am good there too.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2014, 07:01:22 PM »
I know a guy that practices martial arts and in his art they practice swords. He uses a real sword for home defense as nutty as that sounds. He showed me video of 300 pound hogs that had their heads completely cut off in one stroke of a guy with a sword. He showed me another video of a side of beef shot with 00 buck shot. It had 9 holes in the side of beef. Then a guy with a sword cuts the entire side of beef in half with a sword. In ancient day war must have been brutal with swords, spears and arrows.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2014, 07:04:03 PM »
Statistics on Gun Deaths & Injuries

In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings.  This is the equivalent of more than 85 deaths each day and more than three deaths each hour.

73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.

Firearms were the third-leading cause of injury-related deaths nationwide in 2010, following poisoning and motor vehicle accidents.

Between 1955 and 1975, the Vietnam War killed over 58,000 American soldiers – less than the number of civilians killed with guns in the U.S. in an average two-year period.

In the first seven years of the U.S.-Iraq War, over 4,400 American soldiers were killed. Almost as many civilians are killed with guns in the U.S., however, every seven weeks.

Homicide

Guns were used in 11,078 homicides in the U.S. in 2010, comprising almost 35% of all gun deaths, and over 68% of all homicides.

On average, 33 gun homicides were committed each day for the years 2005-2010.

Regions and states with higher rates of gun ownership have significantly higher rates of homicide than states with lower rates of gun ownership.

Where guns are prevalent, there are significantly more homicides, particularly gun homicides.

Suicide

Firearms were used in 19,392 suicides in the U.S. in 2010, constituting almost 62% of all gun deaths.

Over 50% of all suicides are committed with a firearm.

On average, 49 gun suicides were committed each day for the years 2005-2010.

White males, about 40% of the U.S. population, accounted for over 80% of firearm suicides in 2010.

A study of California handgun purchasers found that in the first year after the purchase of a handgun, suicide was the leading cause of death among the purchasers.

Firearms were used in nearly 44% of suicide deaths among persons under age 25 in 2010.

More than 75% of guns used in suicide attempts and unintentional injuries of 0-19 year-olds were stored in the residence of the victim, a relative, or a friend.

The risk of suicide increases in homes where guns are kept loaded and/or unlocked.

Unintentional Deaths and Injuries

In 2010, unintentional firearm injuries caused the deaths of 606 people.

From 2005-2010, almost 3,800 people in the U.S. died from unintentional shootings.

Over 1,300 victims of unintentional shootings for the period 2005–2010 were under 25 years of age.

People of all age groups are significantly more likely to die from unintentional firearm injuries when they live in states with more guns, relative to states with fewer guns. On average, states with the highest gun levels had nine times the rate of unintentional firearms deaths compared to states with the lowest gun levels.

A federal government study of unintentional shootings found that 8% of such shooting deaths resulted from shots fired by children under the age of six.

The U.S. General Accounting Office has estimated that 31% of unintentional deaths caused by firearms might be prevented by the addition of two devices: a child-proof safety lock (8%) and a loading indicator (23%).

Nat’l Ctr. for Injury Prevention & Control, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Web-Based Injury Statistics Query & Reporting System (WISQARS) Injury Mortality Reports, 1999-2010, for National, Regional, and States (Dec. 2012), http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/dataRestriction_inj.html (hereinafter WISQARS Injury Mortality Reports, 1999-2010. Note: Users must agree to data use restrictions on the CDC site prior to accessing data). [↩]
Nat’l Ctr. for Injury Prevention & Control, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Web-Based Injury Statistics Query & Reporting System (WISQARS) Nonfatal Injury Reports, at http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/nfirates2001.html (last visited Nov. 20, 2012) (hereinafter WISQARS Nonfatal Injury Reports). [↩]
Nat’l Ctr. for Injury Prevention and Control, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Web-Based Injury Statistics Query & Reporting System (WISQARS) Leading Causes of Death Reports, 1999-2010, for National, Regional, and States (RESTRICTED), at http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/leading_causes_death.html (last visited Nov. 30, 2012). [↩]
U.S. Department of Defense, Statistical Information Analysis Division, Personnel & Military Casualty Statistics, U.S. Military Casualties in Southeast Asia: Vietnam Conflict – Casualty Summary As of May 16, 2008, at http://siadapp.dmdc.osd.mil/personnel/CASUALTY/vietnam.pdf (last visited Feb. 10, 2012); WISQARS Injury Mortality Reports, 1999-2010, supra note 1. [↩]
U.S. Department of Defense, Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) U.S. Casualty Status, Fatalities as of: March 12, 2012, 10 a.m. EST, at http://www.defense.gov/news/casualty.pdf (last visited Feb. 10, 2012); WISQARS Injury Mortality Reports, 1999-2010, supra note 1. [↩]
WISQARS Injury Mortality Reports, 1999-2010, supra note 1. [↩]
Id. [↩]
Matthew Miller, Deborah Azrael & David Hemenway, Rates of Household Firearm Ownership and Homicide Across US Regions and States, 1988-1997, 92 Am. J. Pub. Health 1988 (2002). [↩]
David Hemenway, Private Guns, Public Health 65 (2004). [↩]
Id. [↩]
Id. [↩]
Id. [↩]
Garen J. Wintemute et al., Mortality Among Recent Purchasers of Handguns, 341 New Eng. J. Med. 1583, 1585 (Nov. 18, 1999). [↩]
David C. Grossman, Donald T. Reay & Stephanie A. Baker, Self-inflicted & Unintentional Firearm Injuries Among Children & Adolescents: The Source of the Firearm, 153 Archives Pediatric & Adolescent Med. 875 (Aug. 1999), at http://archpedi.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/short/153/8/875. [↩]
Matthew Miller & David Hemenway, The Relationship Between Firearms and Suicide: A Review of the Literature, 4 Aggression & Violent Behavior 59, 62-65 (1999) (summarizing the findings of multiple studies). [↩]
Id. [↩]
Id. [↩]
Matthew Miller, Deborah Azrael & David Hemenway, Firearm Availability and Unintentional Firearm Deaths, 33 Accident Analysis & Prevention 477 (July 2001). [↩]
U.S. General Accounting Office, Accidental Shootings: Many Deaths and Injuries Caused by Firearms Could Be Prevented 17 (Mar. 1991), at http://161.203.16.4/d20t9/143619.pdf. [↩]
Id. A loading indicator, also known as a “chamber load indicator,” is a safety device that indicates at a glance whether a firearm is loaded and whether a round remains in the chamber. [↩]

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2014, 07:05:16 PM »
This is the best starter gun

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2014, 07:14:25 PM »
Are you allowed to have a gun now?

I'm not on parole or probation and not subject to searches of any kind.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2014, 07:19:40 PM »
I know a guy that practices martial arts and in his art they practice swords. He uses a real sword for home defense as nutty as that sounds. He showed me video of 300 pound hogs that had their heads completely cut off in one stroke of a guy with a sword. He showed me another video of a side of beef shot with 00 buck shot. It had 9 holes in the side of beef. Then a guy with a sword cuts the entire side of beef in half with a sword. In ancient day war must have been brutal with swords, spears and arrows.

X2

Cool stuff! Does sounds crazy but if you're silent swift and trained theres no reason why a sword wouldn't work in closed quarters like a house.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2014, 07:20:03 PM »
I'm not on parole or probation and not subject to searches of any kind.

Felons can't own guns I thought.... can you vote?