Author Topic: Michael Sam....Drafted to the St Louis Rams  (Read 17233 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Michael Sam....Drafted to the St Louis Rams
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2014, 07:58:29 AM »
For once, we agree... this makes me worried!

I have no idea if he's a good player or not and have very little interest in the game; in fact, I didn't even know who this guy was before I saw this topic. But when it comes down to it I just don't see what the guy's sexuality has to do with playing. I hope the kid has a long and successful career and that he manages to become famous for his skill and work ethic as opposed to his sexual orientation.

Personally, the behavior of both sides in the "gay wars" seems pretty fucked up. On the one side, there's the group who thinks that gays should be able to proudly gyrate their hips and thrust in my general direction and that's a-ok and I must take like a man, with a smile on my face. On the other side, there's the group that thinks that gays ought to just live repressed lives as almost-second-class citizens. Why can't people just be people? If you're straight, great. If you're gay great. I don't care. Live your life, pursuing happiness and being a good person, keep others out of your bedroom and stay out of theirs.

P.S.: Joe, I think that I just collapsed your entire world-view, such as it is, by agreeing with you. The implications of this are monumental.

I just caught the fine print, lol

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2014, 08:05:59 AM »
Hide in fear?  Sorry.  Ain't going to happen

No one was ever hiding in fear, Tim. Truthfully no one really cares what's done behind closed doors. The problem is pushing the agenda and shoving it down the throats (figuratively speaking) of society by making it an issue in schools, flamboyant parades, the media by pushing tolerance. Fact is most people are tolerant whether they agree with the lifestyle or not.  

But one of the most ridiculous things is calling people who don't agree with your lifestyle "homophobes". It's like a liberal calling someone racist because Obama is doing a horrible job. Open the blinders. 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2014, 08:22:53 AM »
I don't know whether he should celebrate or not....Geez, the Rams are not exactly playing great football lately.  History has been made though.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Maybe you like Vissy on your ass but no one wants a gay guy on them in the pile.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2014, 09:44:47 AM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2014, 10:17:33 AM »
It matters not who is "right" and who is "wrong" but rather what is true.

I for one, don't care to watch anyone tongue wrestle in public.  Man and woman.  Man and man.  Woman and woman.  I don't want to see it. 

I can accept that someone is homosexual.  I don't have to agree with them but I will treat them as I would anyone, with respect until they by their behavior show otherwise.  I have know more than a few homosexual men in my lifetime and of those, the ones that I would call friend never once asked me to "give it a try".  Sexuality is not the center of my life.  Some here might cry, "But what about your faith?"

I don't broadcast that with stupid ignorant pronouncements but instead simply try to live it.  I am not always successful with that, I admit.  ;D   Which would you rather have, someone that screams "Jayzus is Lawd!" or one that lives their faith quietly so that their actions speak louder than the words of the aforementioned idiot?

Of course then you have me.  A guy that has no problem getting in the face of an idiot that hates Christians because they hate what Christ stands for.  I have zero problem with any Atheist, but an assholist is an entirely different creature and among those I would count more than a few preachers and ministers, believe me. Admittedly, I am something of a grouch about that and again, accept that as how I have chosen to respond to certain people here and in the real world. 

To me, public displays of affection are pretty much relegated to holding hands and perhaps a light peck on the lips/cheek.  Its when these become blatant displays of sex or more pubic displays that I cry foul.  Again, I have no desire to see anyone bump and grind in public.  If your entire life revolves around your scrotum, then I say you live in a small, small, world.

Regardless of your orientation, if you can't keep it in your pants, at least do me the honor of keeping it out of my way. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2014, 10:29:53 AM »
OK, this thread is now really starting to creep me out! I agree with TheScott as well!

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 10:37:05 AM »
I take it you have a similar opinion about Americans of color? If you don't, then what is the difference between skin color and sexual orientation?

::) ::) ::)

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 10:54:56 AM »
No one was ever hiding in fear, Tim.

I'm sure Matthew Shepard and Brandon Teena, and all the other nameless gay men and lesbians that have been brutally murdered, were not "in fear" as they were, or about to be, beaten to death.  Prior to the birth of the gay rights movement in 1969, it was common in every city in the U.S. for the police to simply go into gay bars and arrest everyone.  Just for them being there.

Truthfully no one really cares what's done behind closed doors... Fact is most people are tolerant whether they agree with the lifestyle or not.

Baloney. Tell that to all the religious political organizations, and especially the Republican Party.  The Republican Party, at all levels, local, state, and federal, have fought against every single piece of gay equality legislation for more than 35 years.  Just today, a Republican state senator in Arkansas wants to impeach the judge who ruled their state's marriage ban unconstitutional.  And the Republicans sure want to tell women what to do with their bodies, when it comes to pregnancy.  And I am also sure the Republicans would lead the way on de-criminalizing anabolic steroids.  So much for individual freedom.

The problem is pushing the agenda and shoving it down the throats (figuratively speaking) of society by making it an issue in schools, flamboyant parades, the media by pushing tolerance.

Until LBGT Americans have full equality, the media and "shoving it down the throats" will continue.  Once gay marriage is legal in all 50 states, the issue of gay marriage will never be discussed again.  When the next openly gay college football player is drafted, him being gay will barely be mentioned.  Until those days come, we will be having this public discussion.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2014, 11:36:20 AM »
I'm sure Matthew Shepard and Brandon Teena, and all the other nameless gay men and lesbians that have been brutally murdered, were not "in fear" as they were, or about to be, beaten to death.  Prior to the birth of the gay rights movement in 1969, it was common in every city in the U.S. for the police to simply go into gay bars and arrest everyone.  Just for them being there.

Baloney. Tell that to all the religious political organizations, and especially the Republican Party.  The Republican Party, at all levels, local, state, and federal, have fought against every single piece of gay equality legislation for more than 35 years.  Just today, a Republican state senator in Arkansas wants to impeach the judge who ruled their state's marriage ban unconstitutional.  And the Republicans sure want to tell women what to do with their bodies, when it comes to pregnancy.  And I am also sure the Republicans would lead the way on de-criminalizing anabolic steroids.  So much for individual freedom.

Until LBGT Americans have full equality, the media and "shoving it down the throats" will continue.  Once gay marriage is legal in all 50 states, the issue of gay marriage will never be discussed again.  When the next openly gay college football player is drafted, him being gay will barely be mentioned.  Until those days come, we will be having this public discussion.

What does gay marriage have to do with an openly gay football player? Many gays have played in the NFL. They played the game, did their job, and left their personal life out of it. They were football players by trade and didn't need to be known as gay to define them.

In this instance the people pushing the story are pushing the gay angle first, because there's not much football angle to push. Michael Sam knows the pecking order and knows he's a fringe NFL player at best. This isn't about equality, it's about the forced acceptance methodology the gays are using. Kind of like demanding respect instead of earning it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2014, 11:39:27 AM »
Be prepared for the flood of accusations of homophobia if he doesn't make it in the NFL.

Exactly! He sucked at the combine (no pun intended), reportedly benching 225 a mere 17 times. He was 7 picks shy of being "Mr. Irrevelant". Even I didn't think he'd be that low. I saw him going 5th round.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2014, 02:54:45 PM »
Interesting side note:  The first NFL team to sign a black player was the Los Angeles Rams.  Kenny Washington, March 21, 1946.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2014, 03:14:33 PM »
Interesting side note:  The first NFL team to sign a black player was the Los Angeles Rams.  Kenny Washington, March 21, 1946.

Not very interesting, or relevant...  :P

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2014, 03:40:38 PM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2014, 04:45:21 PM »
If the jokes haven't already started, I can see them now after this draft pick.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
Exactly what I was talking about. The left could careless about football. It's all about their agenda...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/11/obama-congratulates-michael-sam-first-openly-gay-n/

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2014, 07:38:01 PM »
Exactly what I was talking about. The left could careless about football. It's all about their agenda...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/11/obama-congratulates-michael-sam-first-openly-gay-n/

Cultural Marxist Propaganda 24/7

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2014, 07:43:09 PM »
Rams, haha.

PC is now ruining all sports.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2014, 08:00:22 PM »

You just named a couple of people and others have been murdered as well because of their lifestyle choice (gay). People are murdered and victims of violent crimes everyday and off the top of my head I don't think gay violence or murders are exactly topping the list.

Not even going to comment on this because we could go back and forth for a thousand pages on this and the leftist agenda that NEVER works.

But as soon as  Christian professes his/her Christianity openly or someone puts a religious symbol in their own front yard, it's a never ending berate of bullshit. You say Christians shove religion down peoples throats all the while you're running around naked in front of children during Gay pride parades. I don't give a fuck what you do in private or even in the open as long as you can stay somewhat dignified in front of others. The overly flamboyant act is bullshit just the same way when I see two hetros making out and slobbering all over themselves in public.  

I have no problem what so ever about an athlete being gay. Why? If you take a look at the way Michael Sam has been handling himself throughout this entire ordeal since the combine, he has carried himself professionally, with dignity and class. Do I agree with his lifestyle, no, but I'm not going to do what the left did to Tebow because they didn't agree with his Christianity and being open with it.

I want to see football, not the media or the LBGT chime in with their political bullshit. YOU are going to be the demise of this guy if he should happen to get cut for any other reason than his skill...why? Because the fuckheads on the left and the left wing minion and the fuckhead in the whitehouse are going to bring a circus where ever he goes and whatever he does that GM's won't want this guy simply because of the media distractions.  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »

Coaches could careless about a 40 time. They're looking for an explosive 10/20 yard split. Mostly 10 yards.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
I heard they made another forum just for this like this.  :P
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?board=52.0

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2014, 08:07:13 PM »
what the left did to Tebow

Tebow is'nt in the league because of what defenses did to tebow lol.

he rode an awesome defense and kicking game + unique style nobody had film on + tons of excitement to a nice little streak.

since then, he's sucked.  Defenses eat him up.  in that final preseason game, he had to pull out a magic win to barely escape the 4th string scrubs that would have been out of the league in a week.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2014, 08:08:49 PM »
Tebow is'nt in the league because of what defenses did to tebow lol.

he rode an awesome defense and kicking game + unique style nobody had film on + tons of excitement to a nice little streak.

since then, he's sucked.  Defenses eat him up.  in that final preseason game, he had to pull out a magic win to barely escape the 4th string scrubs that would have been out of the league in a week.

SSShhhh.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2014, 08:37:46 PM »
You just named a couple of people and others have been murdered as well because of their lifestyle choice (gay). People are murdered and victims of violent crimes everyday and off the top of my head I don't think gay violence or murders are exactly topping the list.

I think your attitude in discounting this as "a couple of people" to be remarkably cavalier. These are human beings we're talking about, both of whom were brutally murdered. Sure, there's violent crime all everywhere, but that's not an excuse. You may the statistics listed on Wikipedia to be quite sobering. The fact is that people who are not straight (or are not perceived as straight) are at a much higher risk of being victimized. This isn't fantasy. This isn't liberal media bias. This is just what the numbers show.

But as soon as  Christian professes his/her Christianity openly or someone puts a religious symbol in their own front yard, it's a never ending berate of bullshit.

I don't think the bit about people putting religious symbols on their own front yard is accurate. Barring zoning restrictions (which apply regardless of content) I don't think I've ever heard of a Christian being harassed for what he puts up on his front yard, and if I had, I'd be supporting him.

Now, government putting religious symbols on its front yard is quite another topic...

You say Christians shove religion down peoples throats all the while you're running around naked in front of children during Gay pride parades.

People really run around naked during Gay pride parades? Really? Come on now... I find that a little hard to believe, if you'll pardon the pun. While I'm sure that there are some sights that you might personally find distasteful (I know there are) but I don't exaggerate...

I don't give a fuck what you do in private or even in the open as long as you can stay somewhat dignified in front of others. The overly flamboyant act is bullshit just the same way when I see two hetros making out and slobbering all over themselves in public.  

Absolutely agreed. Again, the gender of consenting adults is irrelevant to me; how those adults choose to live their life and smoosh their privates together isn't my concern. Hell, I don't even care about mild flirting or public displays of affection. But I don't want to see you dry-humping anymore than you want to see me dry-humping. And to be clear: it's not about sexual orientation. It's about common decency.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2014, 08:47:20 PM »
It matters not who is "right" and who is "wrong" but rather what is true.

I for one, don't care to watch anyone tongue wrestle in public.  Man and woman.  Man and man.  Woman and woman.  I don't want to see it. 

I can accept that someone is homosexual.  I don't have to agree with them but I will treat them as I would anyone, with respect until they by their behavior show otherwise.  I have know more than a few homosexual men in my lifetime and of those, the ones that I would call friend never once asked me to "give it a try".  Sexuality is not the center of my life.  Some here might cry, "But what about your faith?"

I don't broadcast that with stupid ignorant pronouncements but instead simply try to live it.  I am not always successful with that, I admit.  ;D   Which would you rather have, someone that screams "Jayzus is Lawd!" or one that lives their faith quietly so that their actions speak louder than the words of the aforementioned idiot?

Of course then you have me.  A guy that has no problem getting in the face of an idiot that hates Christians because they hate what Christ stands for.  I have zero problem with any Atheist, but an assholist is an entirely different creature and among those I would count more than a few preachers and ministers, believe me. Admittedly, I am something of a grouch about that and again, accept that as how I have chosen to respond to certain people here and in the real world. 

To me, public displays of affection are pretty much relegated to holding hands and perhaps a light peck on the lips/cheek.  Its when these become blatant displays of sex or more pubic displays that I cry foul.  Again, I have no desire to see anyone bump and grind in public.  If your entire life revolves around your scrotum, then I say you live in a small, small, world.

Regardless of your orientation, if you can't keep it in your pants, at least do me the honor of keeping it out of my way. 
insecure wall of text

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2014, 08:49:33 PM »
insecure wall of text

Lame attempt at being both humorous and relevant.

Goodnight!