Author Topic: Magic Johnson - what happened?  (Read 9536 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Magic Johnson - what happened?
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2014, 02:06:25 PM »
Yes....Warner and "The Greatest Show on Turf" was something.

Do you remember the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers?

Afraid not, never followed college ball too much. Were they something special?

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2014, 02:16:41 PM »
Afraid not, never followed college ball too much. Were they something special?

Basically a pro team playing college football.....men amongst boys.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2014, 02:18:38 PM »
Basically a pro team playing college football.....men amongst boys.

Wish I had been paying attention. Any notable pros from that team?

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2014, 05:03:27 PM »
HIV has been easily managed with meds since the late 90s.  When on meds, very rarely does it develop into full blown AIDS.  When it does, it is usually because of something else, like crystal meth.  (Hard to remember to take your pills on schedule when you're on a 3-5 day binge.)  I have many friends who have been positive since the 80s and are doing fine today.

Magic Johnson is worth about a half a billion dollars.  He currently is one of the owners of the LA Dodgers.  http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/magic-johnson-net-worth/

I've heard similar stories. Namely, that the prognosis for a 30-something male contracting HIV is far better than his counterpart who develops type II diabetes.

Who'da thunk it?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2014, 07:33:50 PM »
My daughter is a doctor with a lot of knowledge on AIDS/HIV drugs. She said in effect that the drugs have a lot of side effects. It's a myth that you pop a couple of pills like you are taking aspirins and suddenly you are healthy with no worries.  

so why is the CDC now recommending more and more people who are still negative to take PrEP ?  Pre-Exposure Prophylactic.  One Truvada pill daily to prevent HIV infection.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/2014/PrEP-Guidelines-Press-Release.html

Yes, some people have side effects from some of the HIV meds.  But there are enough different types of meds now that you simple find a combination that works for you.

in the late 90s many people were developing lipodystrophy from some HIV meds.  those meds are simply not used regularly any more.  HIV meds generally don't put any significant stress on your liver.  They can cause increases in triglycerides and cholesterol.  So, you monitor those and deal with it.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2014, 07:35:58 PM »
lol, humans have to fuck to reproduce
a tiny fraction will get that or other diseases doing it
what's the safest way to avoid it - take a guy and put him in a closet for 3 months, then get him tested?
right
I'm sure that's how works in 99% of countries
 ::)
you're more likely to get run over