Author Topic: It's a Farce! 2nd hottest month on record globally!  (Read 9182 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: It's a Farce!
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2014, 05:08:16 AM »
“Today we present observational evidence that a large sector of the West Antarctic ice sheet has gone into irreversible retreat,” Dr. Rignot said in the NASA news conference. “It has passed the point of no return.”

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2014, 05:10:46 AM »
Oh they exist moron, you mean ice cores, tree rings? sediment? we can go way, way back in time, not just 150years. Whoever wrote this is an idiot, makes sense you would post it.

Dude, why the insults?

I believe one of the reasons there are so many conflicting opinions on this issue is that "real" scientists interpret the data differently. Some claim the Earth is warming; some don't. I remember when TIME Magazine ran a story on the coming of the "second Ice Age."

Some scientists also claim the Earth's weather patterns are cyclical, so it's natural to expect changes independent of human/industrial influence.

Most of these varied theories are backed by solid facts. I don't know that subscribing to any one necessarily relegates one to "moron" status.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2014, 05:16:40 AM »

Dude, why the insults?

I believe one of the reasons there are so many conflicting opinions on this issue is that "real" scientists interpret the data differently. Some claim the Earth is warming; some don't. I remember when TIME Magazine ran a story on the coming of the "second Ice Age.

Some scientists also claim the Earth's weather patterns are cyclical, so it's natural to expect changes independent of human/industrial influence.

Most of these varied theories are backed by solid facts. I don't know that subscribing to any one necessarily relegates on to "moron" status.
There is no conflict. (Real) Scientists are unanimous regarding the warming of the planet, and that it is being incurred by Man. How, exactly, it is happening is the area of contention.

You want to get your 'science' from politicians - that's cool. But don't come here and not expect to get called on it. Oh brother. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2014, 05:33:52 AM »
(Real) Scientists are unanimous regarding the warming of the planet...

No they aren't. Maybe all of the ones you follow are, but there are real scientists stating otherwise for various reasons. That's why I said the public has conflicting opinions - it depends on what (selective) info they're being fed. That goes for all sides of this issue.

If you honestly believe that all scientist are in agreement on this matter, then you're not keeping a very open mind, which dramatically minimizes one's credibility, IMO.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2014, 05:35:05 AM »

Dude, why the insults?

I believe one of the reasons there are so many conflicting opinions on this issue is that "real" scientists interpret the data differently. Some claim the Earth is warming; some don't. I remember when TIME Magazine ran a story on the coming of the "second Ice Age."

Most of these varied theories are backed by solid facts. I don't know that subscribing to any one necessarily relegates one to "moron" status.

oh it does Montague, the evidence is literally overwhelming.

Just admit you don't know much about it and perhaps don't feed the ignorance.

Some people say cancer is caused by too much meat, some scientists say that the earth is flat, some scientists say that fructose is bad.. it's not an argument.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2014, 05:38:00 AM »

No they aren't. Maybe all of the ones you follow are, but there are real scientists stating otherwise for various reasons. That's why I said the public has conflicting opinions - it depends on what (selective) info they're being fed. That goes for all sides of this issue.

If you honestly believe that all scientist are in agreement on this matter, then you're not keeping a very open mind, which dramatically minimizes one's credibility, IMO.

The vast majority of scientists who study climate agree something is happening and its caused or being accelerated by human action.  Often scientists without a background in climate research are the most vocal opponents of climate change.  
A

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2014, 05:39:29 AM »

every Climate org in the world agrees it's man made. In fact they even released a paper the other day to comabat ignorance. Of the millions of papers raised only1.2% cast doubt on man made climate change, the rest are in support. It's not even a debate in climatology.

show me the evidence stating otherwise, facts. not the earth was once warm or the natural cycles bullshit. We know everything that causes "natural cycles" it isn't happening for a fact. the only variable with any predictive value is man made emissions.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2014, 05:40:53 AM »
my opinion is Global warming is Happening. I saw a Documentary recently about Marine Biological life. trust me the Facts are clear. Fish and marine life are changing..adapting or moving to other Areas. This is proven. Also new species are coming to light.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2014, 05:44:45 AM »
The ocean temperatures are changing. the water Levels too. Sumanis are increasing. It´s clear what is going on. we can´t spew Pollution into the atmosphere and think it´s ok. The Industry as we know it is not so old but in a short time has caused Change.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2014, 05:46:24 AM »

Scientists draw/suggest conclusions. Politicians state. I suggest you heed the former, and ignore the latter.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2014, 05:54:42 AM »
Scientist will do as they are told. the ones who say the truth are ridiculed and "lose" credability. Wake up People. I am no fucking Hippy go Happy Dude but this is clear as the nose on your Face.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2014, 06:00:07 AM »
Scientist will do as they are told. the ones who say the truth are ridiculed and "lose" credability. Wake up People. I am no fucking Hippy go Happy Dude but this is clear as the nose on your Face.
Total nonsense.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2014, 06:05:06 AM »
Total nonsense.
well your opinion.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2014, 06:06:03 AM »

have you ever been to a university? they are the most critical individual people you will meet. They care only about truth, it's how you advance.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2014, 06:08:57 AM »
have you ever been to a university? they are the most critical individual people you will meet. They care only about truth, it's how you advance.

I have to disagree with the statement they only care about truth. 
A

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2014, 06:14:35 AM »
no i wish i had the Chance but my life went in another direction. i did go to School here in Hannover and learn a respectable Job. Harder of course being a Brit. I agree with you because People who question the "Status Quo" (not the band) are "put in their place".

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2014, 06:25:14 AM »
no i wish i had the Chance but my life went in another direction. i did go to School here in Hannover and learn a respectable Job. Harder of course being a Brit. I agree with you because People who question the "Status Quo" (not the band) are "put in their place".
Really? But, seriously, staying in school, and devoting 10+ years, or so, to (the purity of) a particular subject should count for something.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2014, 06:43:50 AM »
Really? But, seriously, staying in school, and devoting 10+ years, or so, to (the purity of) a particular subject should count for something.
Knowledge is Dangerous for some People..think about it.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2014, 06:46:05 AM »
This is why the pussies went from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change".   The former doesn't work when winter hits because it gets cold out der.

With "Climate Change" you get at least four (count 'em, 4!) seasons in which to whine. 

Fall?  "Oh Nooooo!!! The leaves are changing color!  It's getting summer.  It just got warm and they called it "Indian Summer"?  WTF?!!! We need to change that to "Native American Solstice" so as not to offend anyone!  What did man do to make this happen?!!!!"

Winter?   "Oh Nooooo!!! There's white stuff on the ground and it's not cocaine!  Water got all hard and stuff! It's cold out der!!  I fell down on the frozen water stuff!  Who can I sue?!  What did man do to make this happen?!!!"

Spring?   "Ahhhhh...How the Earth Goddess loves her chidrenz!  But wait!  Oh Nooooo!  It's raining and I don't think we be in Kanzass no mo'!  There's twirling clouds and trailer parks and bowling alleys are being deestroyed!  I keep clicking my new LeBrons and sayin' they's no place like homiez but sheeeeit!  What did man do to make this happenz?!!!

Summer?  "Oh Nooooo!!!  It's HOT out there.  The Earth Goddess  is pissed off at Republicans so She's holding back the rain from the left coast!!!  Wildfires!  Wildfires!   Mother Nature is fighting back against the eeeeeevile of man!  We should sacrifice a virgin to the Mother Earth but since this is California we'll have to go borrow one from Texas or maybe Utah!  Whatever it is man did to make this happen, we deserve it!!!  Well...Conservatives do.  And anyone that disagrees with our brand of science."

Stupid  hippie libtards.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2014, 06:48:13 AM »
Knowledge is Dangerous for some People..think about it.
'Some people' are totally winnowed by the rigors of academic study. If you're a betting man, and you seem to like wagering, always place your cash with scientists, not politicians or loud mouths. You may not end up being rich, but you will never lose money.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2014, 06:49:25 AM »
This is why the pussies went from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change".   The former doesn't work when winter hits because it gets cold out der.

With "Climate Change" you get at least four (count 'em, 4!) seasons in which to whine. 

Fall?  "Oh Nooooo!!! The leaves are changing color!  It's getting summer.  It just got warm and they called it "Indian Summer"?  WTF?!!! We need to change that to "Native American Solstice" so as not to offend anyone!  What did man do to make this happen?!!!!"

Winter?   "Oh Nooooo!!! There's white stuff on the ground and it's not cocaine!  Water got all hard and stuff! It's cold out der!!  I fell down on the frozen water stuff!  Who can I sue?!  What did man do to make this happen?!!!"

Spring?   "Ahhhhh...How the Earth Goddess loves her chidrenz!  But wait!  Oh Nooooo!  It's raining and I don't think we be in Kanzass no mo'!  There's twirling clouds and trailer parks and bowling alleys are being deestroyed!  I keep clicking my new LeBrons and sayin' they's no place like homiez but sheeeeit!  What did man do to make this happenz?!!!

Summer?  "Oh Nooooo!!!  It's HOT out there.  The Earth Goddess  is pissed off at Republicans so She's holding back the rain from the left coast!!!  Wildfires!  Wildfires!   Mother Nature is fighting back against the eeeeeevile of man!  We should sacrifice a virgin to the Mother Earth but since this is California we'll have to go borrow one from Texas or maybe Utah!  Whatever it is man did to make this happen, we deserve it!!!  Well...Conservatives do.  And anyone that disagrees with our brand of science."

Stupid  hippie libtards.
Weak sauce. Even for Getbig. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2014, 06:54:13 AM »
'Some people' are totally winnowed by the rigors of academic study. If you're a betting man, and you seem to like wagering, always place your cash with scientists, not politicians or loud mouths. You may not end up being rich, but you will never lose money.
yes but YOU my man are missing the Point here... politicians control science

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2014, 06:55:47 AM »
Weak sauce. Even for Getbig. 

Surely you jest, Lancelot Link?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2014, 07:05:14 AM »
yes but YOU my man are missing the Point here... politicians control science
No. Not missed. Shrub Bush was noted, and then, derided for loading his 'science' advisory committee/budgets with antediluvians and their inanities. One of the first things Obama reversed when he hit town. Guy has misplayed lots, but even he knows to leave science to scientists.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2014, 07:12:04 AM »
No. Not missed. Shrub Bush was noted, and then, derided for loading his 'science' advisory committee/budgets with antediluvians and their inanities. One of the first things Obama reversed when he hit town. Guy has misplayed lots, but even he knows to leave science to scientists.

Are you arguing that the Obama administration bases it's policies only on rational scientific opinions?
A