Author Topic: Being Old  (Read 7435 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Being Old
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 03:20:08 PM »
Eat Green stuff .....Vegetables and salads.

Drink Red stuff .... Red wine.

Eat Chicken .... Breasts are best.

Brown rice is nice but red meat ain't neat.

Don't drink too much alcohol even if it's red stuff.

Don't smoke, don't drive too fast, and don't  talk on your cell phone at 65 mph.

Avoid temper tantrims.

Do everything and eat everything in moderation.

Take daily moderate runs or daily long walks.

Live your life the way YOU choose ....  otherwise you're a slave to nothing-ness.

And of course ... be kind to animals, your wife, your kids, and to fellow GetBiggers.

It's evident that some GetBiggers won't pass 55 but that should not be a problem.

By that age you should have done everything you planned to do when you were 18.

Stunt is a man of wisdom. Much respect.

Chacka

• Getbig III
  • He's not a homo he did that shit for money.
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 03:23:26 PM »
Is this a suicide note?

He's had a full life.  Do what you feel you must old timer.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 03:24:29 PM »

Don't smoke, don't drive too fast, and don't  talk on your cell phone at 65 mph.

Avoid temper tantrims.

Live your life the way YOU choose ....  otherwise you're a slave to nothing-ness.

And of course ... be kind to animals, your wife, your kids, and to fellow GetBiggers.

It's evident that some GetBiggers won't pass 55 but that should not be a problem.

By that age you should have done everything you planned to do when you were 18.

Limit exposure to the sun

If you're a heavy steroid user, cut it down to therapeutic doses or cut it completely

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 03:47:08 PM »
Limit exposure to the sun

If you're a heavy steroid user, cut it down to therapeutic doses or cut it completely
S'truth! I wish I could go back and talk to my younger self. The sun is relentless; and the paler you are, the more it will cost you. Stay covered, people.   

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 03:49:50 PM »

Wow, every once in awhile I hear rational good advice here and it shocks me in this waste land. I would add to that keep God in your life but the new liberal generation nothing doesn't believe in God.

I turned 30 in February and, while not old, it made me really think about life and age. I have honestly stopped and thought what would I do different if I had a time machine. My son is 9, he is my time machine, this is my advice for him.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 03:50:20 PM »
S'truth! I wish I could go back and talk to my younger self. The sun is relentless; and the paler you are, the more it will cost you. Stay covered, people.   

Seems we should've already evolved beyond skin cancer. Strange.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 03:50:27 PM »

Living at the beach, I ware shorts almost all year around. Lately I have seen something come up of my lower leg that maybe suspect. I know the older I get the more susceptible I am. Maybe I'm just worrying too much.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 03:52:32 PM »
Living at the beach, I ware shorts almost all year around. Lately I have seen something come up of my lower leg that maybe suspect. I know the older I get the more susceptible I am. Maybe I'm just worrying too much.

No, stay on top of it, beach boy. It can kill, as you know.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 03:55:58 PM »
Keep an eye on it, and make sure you bring it up your next Doc visit. Note shape, size, and color changes. Better to be safe than sorry.  :)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2014, 03:56:50 PM »

Move to Ireland no worries about that here  ;D 3 weeks of 25C sun every ten years.

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2014, 03:57:56 PM »

Avoid temper tantrims.

Live your life ........................ ........................ ................
Yeah I`ll do all that when I get old ......oh wait  ;D ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2014, 04:01:05 PM »
Keep an eye on it, and make sure you bring it up your next Doc visit. Note shape, size, and color changes. Better to be safe than sorry.  :)

Making an appointment for the dermatologist in the next week or so.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2014, 04:04:15 PM »
Making an appointment for the dermatologist in the next week or so.

Pimple Popper, MD?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2014, 04:05:25 PM »

Move to Ireland no worries about that here  ;D 3 weeks of 25C sun every ten years.

LOL

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2014, 04:10:03 PM »
LOL

I'm on melanotan, went out for first time since Jan last night, everyone was freaking that I am at risk of skin cancer (I told them just sunbeds, fuck I'm telling them I inject to get a tan).

I'm not joking, we had heatwaves in 1995, 2003 and 2013. Every other summer has been bollocks. I'm 30 so that's a lot of shit summers. It was 20C on Saturday when we had a family bbq. Ireland remembered it was Ireland and it has been cloudy and raining all day today to make up for it.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2014, 04:20:51 PM »
Just like always, there are kids who will go somewhere in life and there are some who will not. I'm pulling for my grandkids to be among those that are successful and lead meaningful lives as they mature into adulthood. Some of the challenges kids face today were created because of mistakes their predecessors made.

I feel for kids and young adults today.  The tax burden is enormous, healthcare is nuts even when companies offer it, fuel has never been higher, college is insanely priced (kids are coming out with six figures in loans!) and overall life is more stressful from all perspectives.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2014, 04:22:13 PM »
I feel for kids and young adults today.  The tax burden is enormous, healthcare is nuts even when companies offer it, fuel has never been higher, college is insanely priced (kids are coming out with six figures in loans!) and overall life is more stressful from all perspectives.

I qualified for my job (professional qualification) in 2008, that's good timing... I'm Irish if you wanna rub salt in.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2014, 04:41:04 PM »
It's a 2 sided argument about the newest generation.

I agree that it can fairly be described as the "me" selfish and entitled generation with questionable work ethic. Coddling by parents and liberalism can be blamed.

The other thing that is a HUGE part of it is the actual state of the economy. 30 years ago you could graduate high school and have a full time job in a big company somewhere and work your way to the top steadily. It wasn't as hard as it is now to afford an apartment, car and make a living to support oneself.  ...try doing that nowadays, not happening for the most part.

My friend's uncle had a part time job working for a mechanic shop in the 1970s while in high school. He worked his butt off there and was able to afford a z28 camaro BRAND NEW from the dealer...he paid for it cash with no help from his parents. He was an average high school kid that just worked his butt off for the car.

I'm 29 and while I was in high school that would have been unfathomable because things are completely different.

Not making excuses for the spoiled kids but the economy must be factored in the equation IMO. On the flip side there are a lot of opportunities with the online world of things.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »
kids are selfish cause they parents taught them... in fact kids are simply "more" selfish than their parents. And thats only cause we lived in rich stables economies for decades.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2014, 04:51:40 PM »
It's a 2 sided argument about the newest generation.

I agree that it can fairly be described as the "me" selfish and entitled generation with questionable work ethic. Coddling by parents and liberalism can be blamed.

The other thing that is a HUGE part of it is the actual state of the economy. 30 years ago you could graduate high school and have a full time job in a big company somewhere and work your way to the top steadily. It wasn't as hard as it is now to afford an apartment, car and make a living to support oneself.  ...try doing that nowadays, not happening for the most part.

My friend's uncle had a part time job working for a mechanic shop in the 1970s while in high school. He worked his butt off there and was able to afford a z28 camaro BRAND NEW from the dealer...he paid for it cash with no help from his parents. He was an average high school kid that just worked his butt off for the car.

I'm 29 and while I was in high school that would have been unfathomable because things are completely different.

Not making excuses for the spoiled kids but the economy must be factored in the equation IMO. On the flip side there are a lot of opportunities with the online world of things.

Sunday Times rich list just came out and richest 1000 (in UK) are 15% richer since 2013. 15% in one year.

What is changing is the wealth disparity. Instead of seeking to create millionaires, governments are catering to billionaires and their ilk. 1000 millionaires contribute way more than 2 or 3 billionaires to the economy.

I am a staunch capitalist but the system as it is fails serial entrepreneurship and rewards lotto winners as far as successful businesses go.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2014, 08:43:46 PM »

Yep, I look at any kind of changes all the time. I'm using a higher UV sunscreen when I go out to games, beach, etc. I've upped it to a UV 50.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2014, 11:46:35 PM »
That's because kids these days are coddled, spoiled, unaccountable, irresponsible, immature, lazy, bedwetting little Liberal twinks.

You may be right, or you may be generalizing.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2014, 11:49:11 PM »
That's who the Baby Boomers (and their babies) raised. Folks rolling over in their graves.

So who are the losers in this scenario?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2014, 11:52:27 PM »
Sitting in the turn lane for 5 minutes and they still have their blinker on....

Sure, make a joke. It is not like you have to be an old fart to be a bad driver. The blinker on my car shuts off automatically once I complete the turn.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2014, 11:57:19 PM »
Pimple Popper, MD?

Hahaha, love that episode.