Author Topic: Ask Jennifer Lynn Cowan (aka The Beast)  (Read 115198 times)

Capt._America

• Getbig II
  • Would rather be feared than respected
Re: Ask Jennifer Lynn Cowan
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2006, 12:54:50 PM »
"...President of AMERICA!!!!" Now I would have almost caught the sarcasm or wit if he would have replaced 'AMERICA' with 'United States!!!'.
   Wow! Okaaaaayyyy, Capt!

you said you were a big guy, are you interested in smaller younger guys? 

thank you!

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2006, 12:59:24 PM »
you said you were a big guy, are you interested in smaller younger guys? 
thank you!
Wrong forum dumba**, go to the sex board.  They might even think your comments are funny over there also.   ::)
Keep your comments constructive or don't post anything at all........aight.

Bast175

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2006, 10:40:53 PM »
Did not see you at the gay pride booth sunday.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2006, 08:55:59 AM »

Why does everything you say to me have so much negativity?  You must be this horrible person and I am really not upset that I didn't meet you.  I did get to meet many nice people from getbig...thanks so much for taking time to introduce yourselves and say hi. 

Oh FYI-I had to leave the expo at about 3 to catch my flight and I got to eat lunch around 12, other then that I was there the whole day.
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2006, 09:00:32 AM »
Ok-well I didn't get any singular pictures of myself this weekend, though I think a few people will send me some.  Here is a pic of three of us girls after dinner on Saturday night...
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2006, 10:11:18 AM »

Hey Jennifer!

TheBlockhead in the hizzzouusse! i'm doing what you reccomended to me at the ASC. 2 CGone with my first carb meal(Breakfast) 2-CGone with my preworkout meal and 2 with my POST workout meal. I usually need a few days to assess a supplement but I'll keep you posted. I tried PRIDE's 'Kryptonite' creatine formula...HOLY SCHNIKES! One drink it felt like a shot of Jack Daniels. It was powerful...then after that first swig...tasted like KoolAid.

You look scorching in the picture above...who's the one in the middle? Out of curiousity. I dont remember her at PRIDE's booth.
?

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2006, 02:36:30 PM »

If I were her I would be hiding from you to Bast....

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2006, 04:28:26 PM »
  Hey Jennifer!

TheBlockhead in the hizzzouusse! i'm doing what you reccomended to me at the ASC. 2 CGone with my first carb meal(Breakfast) 2-CGone with my preworkout meal and 2 with my POST workout meal. I usually need a few days to assess a supplement but I'll keep you posted. I tried PRIDE's 'Kryptonite' creatine formula...HOLY SCHNIKES! One drink it felt like a shot of Jack Daniels. It was powerful...then after that first swig...tasted like KoolAid.

You look scorching in the picture above...who's the one in the middle? Out of curiousity. I dont remember her at PRIDE's booth.

It was good meeting you and definitely let me know how you like my suggestions, I think you will really like the Ammunition/C-Gone stack before your workout-it always gets me ready to kick some ass in the gym.  I tried the Kryptonite for the first time also this weekend...just to see how it tasted-it is a bit of a shocker!  Hey since you saw me, what do you think about me taking it for a few weeks (yes, no, wait until after Junior's to see what happens???)
Let me know what you think.

The girl in the middle wasn't with Pride, just a fellow competitor, Traci Redding.  She is an awesome girl and has the most amazing abs...sometimes life just isn't fair ;)
Jennifer

Bast175

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2006, 07:00:14 PM »
If I were her I would be hiding from you to Bast....

thanks for the tip, schmoe.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2006, 11:07:19 AM »

Jennifer,

In regards to you using creatine to get ready for Jr.Nationals...

I say go ahead but go with half of the reccomended dosage. Use 1/2 scoop AFTER your weight training sessions ONLY. Pride's creatine wouldnt normally make you hold so much water or bloat you because of the types of creatine used so that'll be a plus for you. I would use it the whole pre-contest prep for Jr. Nationals. 1/2 scoop after your training sessions. That'll give you 3 grams after training. On the days you don't train...I reccomend not to use any at all. See what that does for you. Remember this...NO LOADING! Just 1/2 scoop after training sessions and you'll be money! 2-CGONE with carbmeal before w/ 2-3 AMMUNITIONs.

As you get closer to your show...let's say 10-14 days out...completley cut the creatine out of your program. Pride's KRYPTONITE should allow much bloating or water retention but for safe measure...cut it out 10-14 days out.

Make sure you make RESPECT protein and their EFA's as your staple. 1-RESPECT shake midday mixed w/ water w/ 2 EFA caps, another RESPECT shake after training 10 minutes AFTER you have your 1/2 serving of Krypto...make sure you have a little bit of a slow-burn carb like maybe 1/2 cup of oatmeal and half a banana(no efa's at this time) and right before bedtime...RESPECT shake with 2 EFA's.

You have great genetics. You already look like a pro. Come this June...take what is rightfully YOURS.
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: Ask Jennifer Lynn Cowan (aka The Beast)
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2006, 01:42:44 PM »
Block- I thought I was the one giving the advice ;)  You sound like a Pro now that you went to the Arnold, I am guessing you like the stuff you got.

You hit my basic routine on the head though and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the EFA's...I am really hoping they help me keep my muscle as I get leaner and leaner.  I suppose adding the creatine now would be pretty easy and I can see how I go into my May show.  If I need to tweak anything I will have a month before Juniors to do it.

Thanks for telling me how to take the creatine, I just never have before and I see people taking before their workouts...

Jennifer

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2006, 01:59:41 PM »
However much you take is up for debate (I think 5g's would be ok).  But I strongly suggest splitting whatever that amount is in two dosages pre and post workout to maximize it's absorption.  Thats what I've heard anyways, not like it works for me   ;)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2006, 03:14:48 PM »
GETBIGGER does make a good point here,

He suggest using a little PRE-workout. That's fine. If you want to try that then maybe go with 1/4 scoop before(which will give you 2 grams) and 1/2 scoop POST-workout. Remember, you are using it to keep muscle intact and keep them strong. You arent on a mission to so much GROW. You arent a BB-girl. Just don't LOAD and use it only on your weight training days(what is it...5 days a week?)

Since you are a PRIDE athlete i'm assuming you are going to be using all of their products so based on my study of their products this is what I also suggest to you...

On the days you perform early morning cardio which I'm guessing should be 2 or 3x's a week...pop a serving of DIALED-IN 15 minutes before cardio. I also suggest...a serving of GLUTAMINE(5 grams) and a serving or two of BCAA caps WITH the DIALED-IN before cardio. Know why? It will keep you from getting catabolic and keep your body to ever want to tap into muscle for fuel. I know you arent BB-ing but in a sense...you are. Your goal is to keep lean muscle and shed as much fat as possible. I wouldnt use any DIALED-In before training...why bother. Keep your body's receptors 'sensitive' to the effects of that product. Also...during pre-contest. Try to avoid caffeine products(coffee, DietCoke etc...) keep the body sensitive to 'DIALED-In'.

You should be using PRIDE's womens multi-vitamin(one w/ breakfast) As you get around the 6 week out mark, go with CONTROL before your usual afternoon meal and before your early evening meal. That'll help you w/ extra cravings and it will have a very mild diuretic effect since around that time...calories will be a little lower than usual and the urge for carbs or sweets and what not tends to be greater. I also suggest you look into their NPR. 2 in the evening. It'll help alleviate stress and keep your joints/tendons/ligaments healthy. It may seem like alot but you'll do it again and again it'll be like second-nature.

You told me your last outing at JR. NATIONALS you didnt use any supps at all...watch how good you will look when you DO...and do it right. It will be like NIGHT/DAY. Hope this helps...
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2006, 01:26:49 PM »
 Looks a little like 'Jennifer-Love Huge-ti...Hewitt', doesnt she?

Her name is Susan Grosek(sp?) She's a figure/fitness girl from TX. One of PRIDE's athletes. Very nice, laid back girl. She's getting ready for Jr. Nationals in Chicago this June. Check her out on PRIDEs' website www.pridenutrition.com .

Jennifer looks hot there...she always does. That's nothing new.
?

FitChic78

• Getbig II
Re: Our own Jennifer Lynn Cowan
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2006, 05:45:50 PM »
I WILL NEVER TRY STEROIDS OR ANY OTHER BANNED DRUG, I PLAN ON DOING A FEW NATURAL SHOWS...DOING STEROIDS WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO DO THESE SHOWS. 

I AM A NATURAL COMPETITOR AND PLAN ON STAYING THIS WAY, IF I CHANGE MY MIND ON THIS I WILL START A THREAD SAYING I WANT TO DO DRUGS...PROBABLY IN THE STEROIDS   SECTION AND NOT THE NATURAL BODYBUILDING SECTION

Hey Jen! First off, compliments on your physique. Looking great! Wanted to ask you though...How many comps have you done/attended? Or did I understand you correct that you are only thinking about entering your 1st show this year? I understand your passion about defending to stay natural as I am on the same path. However, I've competed with other girls and unfortunately even the Figure girls are on some sort of "supps". On top of that, I hear that there is no such thing anymore as being natural even when it comes to the Naturals. It is unfortunate but that's what BB has turned into. It is very discouraging to those of us who are so motivated and disciplined busting their ass in the gym to achieve something on our own...So I just hope that you look at it realistically because you will be most likely competing in very unfair shows. Make sure you understand that you are entering into something where your naturally beautiful physique will be overshadowed by those girls who are on gear. That's all politics which is so pathetic in this sport...

Best of luck to you in all of your future endeavors!
~FitChic78

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2006, 06:45:29 PM »
However, I've competed with other girls and unfortunately even the Figure girls are on some sort of "supps". On top of that, I hear that there is no such thing anymore as being natural even when it comes to the Naturals. It is unfortunate but that's what BB has turned into. It is very discouraging to those of us who are so motivated and disciplined busting their ass in the gym to achieve something on our own...So I just hope that you look at it realistically because you will be most likely competing in very unfair shows. Make sure you understand that you are entering into something where your naturally beautiful physique will be overshadowed by those girls who are on gear.

~FitChic78

Lets not use this board to talk about how unfair life is for natural bodybuilders. There are far to few of us as it is.

PS: I don't know if this guy is natural or not but at least I have two legs!

Bast175

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2006, 06:51:49 PM »
Some figure girls look like Men.  I think many are on some juice cuz their faces don't look feminine. 

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2006, 11:56:50 AM »
Hey Jen! First off, compliments on your physique. Looking great! Wanted to ask you though...How many comps have you done/attended? Or did I understand you correct that you are only thinking about entering your 1st show this year? I understand your passion about defending to stay natural as I am on the same path. However, I've competed with other girls and unfortunately even the Figure girls are on some sort of "supps". On top of that, I hear that there is no such thing anymore as being natural even when it comes to the Naturals. It is unfortunate but that's what BB has turned into. It is very discouraging to those of us who are so motivated and disciplined busting their ass in the gym to achieve something on our own...So I just hope that you look at it realistically because you will be most likely competing in very unfair shows. Make sure you understand that you are entering into something where your naturally beautiful physique will be overshadowed by those girls who are on gear. That's all politics which is so pathetic in this sport...

Best of luck to you in all of your future endeavors!
~FitChic78

Thanks for the compliments! 
Well, last year I competed in 4 shows (3 local, 1 national level) and even on the local level I heard rumors about what some of the girls were on.  At first it really bothered me but if that is what these girls choose to do then who am I to be upset...I'm competing in the NPC where most of the shows are not tested, I suppose it is to be expected.  Also, I think I am lucky because I have always been muscular and making gains hasn't been a problem.  All the pics are from last year, I have always trained for something but never just focused on lifting.  Going into my shows last year I only seriously trained 2 months before dieting, I knew I would be too small to compete Nationally but I wanted the experience.  I took off 7 months and gained 25 pounds and lifted.  If I go into my shows and am still not big enough this year I will give it another try.

When you say even the "naturals" aren't natural I wonder if you are talking about legal supplementation or hiding usage of illegal drugs.  Last year I didn't take any supplements and dieting really stripped me of some of my muscle.  When I realized how big the top girls were I knew I would need to supplement to compete.  Now I take quite a few things (all legal) that I think have helped me put on some size, and hopefully will help me maintain it throughout my dieting. 

Although it may be easier for girls on drugs to get bigger or leaner more easily, I think Figure is special because you don't have to take something to be competitive.  In everything I do I always try to work harder then everyone else, this is no different, so if I can do it naturally it will make it that much sweeter for me.  Don't get too discouraged about your competitors, do it for you and the rest will fall into place.  Even if I never earn my pro card, the people I have meet and the knowledge I have gained through this journey have made it worthwhile.

Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2006, 11:58:40 AM »
Some figure girls look like Men.  I think many are on some juice cuz their faces don't look feminine. 

Wow, very insightfull :D
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2006, 12:02:40 PM »
From the Arnold...thanks to Mike Bogen and Pride Nutrition
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »

That girl on the left looks familiar, who is that?  Girl in then center is aight-little too much of a manly face for me, geez-whose that smoking chick on the right?

;D

Thanks:)  Oh, and Block was almost right, she is a Fitness/Figure competitor-Susan Groshek.  She is one of my closet friends in this crazy world of competing.
Jennifer

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2006, 12:53:54 PM »

OMG, that is crazy.  I dunno if I could ever date a chick that could manhandle me...

;D

Don't worry help is at hand.... http://www.scrawnytobrawny.com/  ;D

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2006, 12:59:19 PM »
Don't worry help is at hand.... http://www.scrawnytobrawny.com/  ;D

is that the course you just finished ace???
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2006, 02:36:18 PM »
Jennifer,

FitChick makes a very serious and valid point. To compete at the highest levels and to place...people do what they have to do...even the figure/fitness girls.

Most people and especially women tend to have a weird stance on steroids. I feel ya on your position but let me just ASSUME and be so bold for a minute...if you use birth-control pills then guess what...you are using STEROIDS!!! Birth-Control Pills(nuva-ring etc...) ARE in fact without a shadow of doubt STEROIDS. Synthetic hormones used for a psyiological purpose. One may be to 'trick' the body into believing it's already pregnant from estrodiol balance...the other 'tricks' the body to believe it should be more anabolic(in a muscle building state).

Women are the biggest user of steroids in this country. Even teenage girls use STEROIDS for premiscious & recreational careless sex...why WOULDNT a highly competitive athlete competing at the highest level also use synthetic hormones to make them look better and recover from intense training more effectivley?

Now I know you have super-genetics and you are very driven...but do you ever kick the idea around of doing something mild or over-the counter? I know DHEA would probably have mild effect on women and I know it's a staple with fitness/figure girls. Your thoughts?
?

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2006, 04:51:30 PM »
Jennifer,

FitChick makes a very serious and valid point. To compete at the highest levels and to place...people do what they have to do...even the figure/fitness girls.

Most people and especially women tend to have a weird stance on steroids. I feel ya on your position but let me just ASSUME and be so bold for a minute...if you use birth-control pills then guess what...you are using STEROIDS!!! Birth-Control Pills(nuva-ring etc...) ARE in fact without a shadow of doubt STEROIDS. Synthetic hormones used for a psyiological purpose. One may be to 'trick' the body into believing it's already pregnant from estrodiol balance...the other 'tricks' the body to believe it should be more anabolic(in a muscle building state).

Women are the biggest user of steroids in this country. Even teenage girls use STEROIDS for premiscious & recreational careless sex...why WOULDNT a highly competitive athlete competing at the highest level also use synthetic hormones to make them look better and recover from intense training more effectivley?

Now I know you have super-genetics and you are very driven...but do you ever kick the idea around of doing something mild or over-the counter? I know DHEA would probably have mild effect on women and I know it's a staple with fitness/figure girls. Your thoughts?

I think because your form is, or should be, always improving you run the risk of over-accentuating aysemmetries and strong bodyparts with early steroid use. IMO that by itself is ample reason for a new figure competitor to avoid steroids early on. Then when your form does peak, it's fine.... Provided you can carry off a beard, bad skin and a receding hairline.