Author Topic: Ask Jennifer Lynn Cowan (aka The Beast)  (Read 115177 times)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: Ask Jennifer Lynn Cowan (aka The Beast)
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2006, 06:53:37 PM »
Jennifer,

FitChick makes a very serious and valid point. To compete at the highest levels and to place...people do what they have to do...even the figure/fitness girls.

Some people do, yes even in figure but not me...I will work harder to achieve the same results and not complain.

Most people and especially women tend to have a weird stance on steroids. I feel ya on your position but let me just ASSUME and be so bold for a minute...if you use birth-control pills then guess what...you are using STEROIDS!!! Birth-Control Pills(nuva-ring etc...) ARE in fact without a shadow of doubt STEROIDS. Synthetic hormones used for a psyiological purpose. One may be to 'trick' the body into believing it's already pregnant from estrodiol balance...the other 'tricks' the body to believe it should be more anabolic(in a muscle building state).

Right but you are forgetting one major point...birth control is legal.  Oh and birth control won't change my voice or face ;D 

Women are the biggest user of steroids in this country. Even teenage girls use STEROIDS for premiscious & recreational careless sex...why WOULDNT a highly competitive athlete competing at the highest level also use synthetic hormones to make them look better and recover from intense training more effectivley?

To repeat my earlier comment, because steroids are illegal and in many sports it is considered cheating.  If you are talking about competitive athletes taking steroids they get their Olympic medals taken away and are denied access to Hall's of Fame.  Now, obviously steroids will be a part of the IFBB and I understand that, and I don't bash those who make the decision to use...I just don't want to be a part of that.  Personally if I have to work harder to win a show than girls who do steroids so be it, I don't complain I just work even harder...and supplement naturally:)

Now I know you have super-genetics and you are very driven...but do you ever kick the idea around of doing something mild or over-the counter? I know DHEA would probably have mild effect on women and I know it's a staple with fitness/figure girls. Your thoughts?

Nope, never.  (Plus what I have read about DHEA doesn't impress me)  Oh, but I do take Advair...for my asthma.
Jennifer

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2006, 10:20:40 PM »
Jennifer,

FitChick makes a very serious and valid point. To compete at the highest levels and to place...people do what they have to do...even the figure/fitness girls.

Most people and especially women tend to have a weird stance on steroids. I feel ya on your position but let me just ASSUME and be so bold for a minute...if you use birth-control pills then guess what...you are using STEROIDS!!! Birth-Control Pills(nuva-ring etc...) ARE in fact without a shadow of doubt STEROIDS. Synthetic hormones used for a psyiological purpose. One may be to 'trick' the body into believing it's already pregnant from estrodiol balance...the other 'tricks' the body to believe it should be more anabolic(in a muscle building state).

Women are the biggest user of steroids in this country. Even teenage girls use STEROIDS for premiscious & recreational careless sex...why WOULDNT a highly competitive athlete competing at the highest level also use synthetic hormones to make them look better and recover from intense training more effectivley?

Now I know you have super-genetics and you are very driven...but do you ever kick the idea around of doing something mild or over-the counter? I know DHEA would probably have mild effect on women and I know it's a staple with fitness/figure girls. Your thoughts?

LMAO. Birth control pills don't turn you into a she-beast. Maybe you are into that? Anyway, it's a stupid comparison.
"Shut the F up and train"

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2006, 09:47:31 AM »

That was a valid point. No, I dont like she-beasts. They're fine to TRAIN with but thats just plain weird if you ask me. Oh, quit it with the 'steroids are illegal' crap. When you were UNDER 21 I can bet my life you didnt tell your peers at the local highschool kegger 'Hey, wait...I can feel good at this party and have a good time without alcohol...besides gang, we are under 21 and it is ILLEGAL...lets have a good time naturally" Anabolic Steroids are only illegal because of misguided legislation and uninformed ignorant fat cats want to protect 'our children' in a country where alcohol/tobacco are legal. Amazing.

Let's stay on topic here...I respect your stance but you almost rubbed me as one of those 'holier than art thou' naturals. Just dont turn into one of those...natural competitors are the BIGGEST pricks I have ever met in the industry. They have this pompous 'I'm natural hear me roar I'm so much better I dont cheat' attitude. Hahaha...I went to this natural show in Illinois a couple years ago...and I struck up a conversation with this guy in the lobby...no big deal just chatting about where we're from, where we train...so I ask him his name and he goes...' So/So...ALL NATURAL!'...hahaha...he put that title in his name. I can't stand natty's who preach about cheating.

I just believe in 'never say never'. I remember once upon a time...in China, when I had that 'nope! not me! never! I dont need to cheat! they're bad for you!' stance. hahaha...now I scratch my head on why every athlete ALIVE dont use gear. Maybe I'm in too deep. Maybe the Dark Side of the Force has too much ahold of me. Bring me back, Jenny!!!

?

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2006, 01:07:05 PM »
She's got a monstrous nose, is that why she started working out?
young niggah greedy

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2006, 02:22:02 PM »

That's the dumbest shit I ever heard...to me and I think GETBIGGER will attest to this...there is nothing better than a woman with flaws. Real men like Real women.

Post a picture of yourself, MT...let's clean out your backyard! Even better...how about having the balls to get up on stage. Let's see a pic of your woman...if you even have one.
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2006, 07:49:55 PM »
She's got a monstrous nose, is that why she started working out?

Actually never heard that one before, never really liked the shape of my nose but I think it gives me a more unique look.  Oh and no, I didn't start working out because of my nose I started working out because I am athletic, I like competing and it helped stregthen my lungs so my asthma improved and I wasn't always in the hospital.
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2006, 08:10:56 PM »

That was a valid point. No, I dont like she-beasts. They're fine to TRAIN with but thats just plain weird if you ask me. Oh, quit it with the 'steroids are illegal' crap. When you were UNDER 21 I can bet my life you didnt tell your peers at the local highschool kegger 'Hey, wait...I can feel good at this party and have a good time without alcohol...besides gang, we are under 21 and it is ILLEGAL...lets have a good time naturally" Anabolic Steroids are only illegal because of misguided legislation and uninformed ignorant fat cats want to protect 'our children' in a country where alcohol/tobacco are legal. Amazing.

Your right, when I was in high school I made poor decisions, now that I am an adult I try and make smarter decisions.  I no longer drive when I have been drinking (which I rarely do), I do not use any illegal drugs of any sort, and I try to obey the laws.  The things I do now will affect me as I get older and I like making the right choice, of course that doesn't always happen but I try and ask myself if my mother (or future children) would approve.

Let's stay on topic here...I respect your stance but you almost rubbed me as one of those 'holier than art thou' naturals. Just dont turn into one of those...natural competitors are the BIGGEST pricks I have ever met in the industry. They have this pompous 'I'm natural hear me roar I'm so much better I dont cheat' attitude. Hahaha...I went to this natural show in Illinois a couple years ago...and I struck up a conversation with this guy in the lobby...no big deal just chatting about where we're from, where we train...so I ask him his name and he goes...' So/So...ALL NATURAL!'...hahaha...he put that title in his name. I can't stand natty's who preach about cheating.

You started this by saying I was taking steroids if I take birth control.  Never once before you started this discussion with me did I say I was better then any other bber, I just make different choices then some.  Obviously in bbing the majority of people use steroids and it is not "cheating," they still compete and hold their titles.  But you asked why every athlete doesn't use them, and I answered that in the majority of sports it is considered illegal.  Even if steroids were legal I still would not want to take them, period.  Also, you are starting to sound like one of those guys who puts down "natural" competitors for the pure fact that they choose to be natural.  My friend, this is the Natural Board...you can bust on naturals acting holier than thou other places...but please not here.  I am not throwing it in your face just answering your remarks.  I could care less what choices you or other competitors make... I am worried about the choices I make and how to make myself better.

I just believe in 'never say never'. I remember once upon a time...in China, when I had that 'nope! not me! never! I dont need to cheat! they're bad for you!' stance. hahaha...

and I believe in standing by your convictions

now I scratch my head on why every athlete ALIVE dont use gear. Maybe I'm in too deep. Maybe the Dark Side of the Force has too much ahold of me. Bring me back, Jenny!!!

I guess I am amazed that you think so highly of steroids, like they are God's answer to our problems.  Not that I have done extensive research but they seem to be kind of bad for you, your liver, your bodies natural balance and in females they start to change the essence of the woman.  I have never looked down on anyone who has taken that path but I can see the changes in these amazing woman's faces and voices and in my opinion it is not worth it.  But, for them it is and that is ok with me.  The way you approach it is that I can't say anything negative about steroids or I am a "preaching natty" but you can bash naturals all day and question their beliefs (seems a little like those who push their religion to me)...you are contradicting yourself.
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2006, 12:27:18 PM »

I'm not looking down on "nattys"...I'm just stating in my opinion based on all my expierences in this industry. "Nattys" tend to have a superior attitude and HAVE to jam down everyones throat that they are 'natural'. Like I would put a title in my name when I shake another fellow BB's hand..."Hey, My name is The BlockHead...Jakked/Stakked/Fully Loaded to the gills, nice to meet you..." At shows that arent tested do you see us walking around with hats and t-shirts saying 'On 1,200mgs a Week!' or buttons saying...' I (heart) 23gauges! ' Nope!

AAS arent bad for you...they arent. In mega-dosages for long peroids of time there can be complications but thats with ANYTHING. Water can be bad for you, hell! I dont think AAS are 'Gods' answer to everything...let's keep God out of this. Since you bring it up...I do know steroids were created to BENEFIT mankind and serve a purpose. It is actual legitimate medicine. Do you drink? How many families and lives and careers and marriages destroyed from the 'pleasures' of alcohol? By the time I am done typing this...about 10 people in the U.S. died for reasons directly related to alcohol. It has a direct effect on your mind...it alters perception/judgement. Steroids make more amino acids assimilate into muscle. "Bad for you!". Hey, I read in the paper recently that a van full of people coming home from church last Sunday was T-Boned by a drunk driver and everyone died. Please...you live in suburbia...how many teeny-boppers get drunk and fall into lakes and drown or kill their friends in car wrecks do you read about in the local papers? I'll tell you what...when I open a paper and read about how this guy injected 200mg of test cyp and lost control of his vehicle and destoryed his life and anothers...I'll let someone tell me steroids are bad! Have you ever met anyone who after a few drinks get beligerent and become a straight up a$$hole? I never ever met any meathed who after a shot all a sudden start blurting out stupid things and get all rowdy and act like a damn fool. "Steroids are bad!".

Well, whatever. People do what they gotta do...people like to choose thier sin(s). Whattaya gonna do, you know? Let's change the topic before I get on your shit list. Let's talk about a rumor I heard...

Are you doing the Illinois State Show? I think it would be a good 'fluffer' show before the Jr. Nationals...stiffer competition, more stage presence/expierence...do you think you can peak twice or will you just peak for Jr. Nationals and come in as-is for The Illinois?

?

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2006, 02:04:12 PM »
Alcohol is legal, so is water.  Steriods are not.  It's as simple as that.  People who are Natty's that get great results (such as Jennifer) without the help of illegal drugs should be more grateful and proud of their achievements.   

The reasons and choices she makes is her business and not yours.  Was she not correct when she stated that steriod users are cheating?  Whats false about that?  You can either get defensive about it (in that case go elsewhere), or you can just accept her opinion.   

What she is "jamming down your throat" is nothing other than she will not take steriods.

I wouldn't wanna be on her s**tlist either, trust me, been there.  It's not pleasant.....

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2006, 02:08:20 PM »

No, GETBIGGER...you never REALLY been on her sh-tlist. I HAVE. I have a one-up on you with this one...
?

Bast175

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2006, 02:21:17 PM »

I wouldn't wanna be on her s**tlist either, trust me, been there.  It's not pleasant.....

:'( waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa www

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2006, 02:30:37 PM »
 No, GETBIGGER...you never REALLY been on her sh-tlist. I HAVE. I have a one-up on you with this one...trust me on this one, slick...Jennifer and I have 'broken up' before so eat that apple!

Brother, you of all people who've been around in this industry should know using 'gear' isnt cheating. Why is there this big tug-o-war of naturals vs unnaturals...why is there even a 'Natural' board? Why cant we all just get along?

I'm not leaving this thread either...dont boot me out cuz that would be yellow of you...hahaha..."yellow". So step off and kiss my grits...Ya, heard!
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2006, 02:34:22 PM »

:'( waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa www

Oh your just sad because you are still on my s***list...although your last post in one of my other threads was actually not mean-spirited, I am impressed Bast.

Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2006, 02:53:47 PM »
Before we go around in a circle Block...I am not comparing alcohol to steroids, you are...I am not saying one is better then the other, I am just saying I don't want to do it(for about the hundredth time :)) and that in the majority of sports it is considered illegal, as tough as this little fact may be for you to handle.  Really the only time I say I am natural is after someone accuses me of being on stuff.  Especially when I start cutting I get comments ALL the time.  At times it is flattering but when they won't drop it, it gets on my nerves.

I guess people can't keep their mouths shut...I have been toying with the idea of doing that show.  I have a smaller one (NGA-a NATURAL federation ;)) 2 weeks before but I have been told to get in front of the NPC judges before Jr's.  It just seems like if I don't do well it will mentally affect me going into Jr's...but the more I get on stage hopefully the more confidence I will build.  Also I have like 5 girls that I have been helping out doing that show so it seems like a conflict of interests. 

Would I try and peak...another hard question because I would hate getting on stage without my best package.  I brought a much different package to the show last year so it would be interesting to see where I placed....as you can see I have been struggling with this decision.  Any comments???
Jennifer

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2006, 03:06:21 PM »
Hey Jenn!  Good luck with your competitive pursuits.  You seem to have a good head on your shoulders.  Stay true to yourself. 

Lori

Bast175

« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2006, 03:21:19 PM »
Oh your just sad because you are still on my s***list...although your last post in one of my other threads was actually not mean-spirited, I am impressed Bast.

I'm growing on you.   ;D

Marshmallow

• Getbig II
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2006, 02:11:05 PM »
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE BLOCKHEAD ON THIS ONE. NATURALS WHO DON'T USE GEAR ARE SIMPLY AFRAID. THAT IS ALL.

Marshmallow

• Getbig II
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2006, 02:12:49 PM »
AND JEN, HOW DO I GET AN AUTOGRAHPED 8 X 10 OF YOU WITHOUT HAVING TO BUY A PRIDE NUTRITION STACK.

Bast175

« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2006, 02:13:52 PM »
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE BLOCKHEAD ON THIS ONE. NATURALS WHO DON'T USE GEAR ARE SIMPLY AFRAID. THAT IS ALL.

I think people who use steroids are the ones that are afraid.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2006, 02:20:54 PM »
I think people who use steroids are the ones that are afraid.

Awwww, even helping defend me now, I feel honored Bast.
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2006, 02:22:07 PM »
Hey Jenn!  Good luck with your competitive pursuits.  You seem to have a good head on your shoulders.  Stay true to yourself. 

Lori

Thanks, I checked out your website but couldn't find a picture of you-I'll keep trying though.  I appreciate the compliments and the luck!
Jennifer

Bast175

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2006, 02:25:52 PM »
Awwww, even helping defend me now, I feel honored Bast.

Well I don't use drugs myself.  It's funny when a guy who's using drugs because he feels small claims that guys who don't use the same drugs are afraid..  hahaha.  what sense does that make?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2006, 02:28:53 PM »
AND JEN, HOW DO I GET AN AUTOGRAHPED 8 X 10 OF YOU WITHOUT HAVING TO BUY A PRIDE NUTRITION STACK.

Shmallow....you are such a little antagonist, trying to rile me up with your silly little comments.  What is sad is that I am natural, 30 pounds less then you (and a girl) and our leg day lifts are basically the same.  You need to grow a pair marshy and start training seriously.

As far as a picture, well you can buy one ($15) but I think I owe you.  I'll have stuff at the Ottawa show...or we could get one together at the Chicago show...

Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2006, 02:31:09 PM »
Well I don't use drugs myself.  It's funny when a guy who's using drugs because he feels small claims that guys who don't use the same drugs are afraid..  hahaha.  what sense does that make?
He's just messing with us...he lives by me and I give him sh** because I am tougher then him and all the guys he lifts with
Jennifer

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2006, 02:37:43 PM »
No, GETBIGGER...you never REALLY been on her sh-tlist. I HAVE. I have a one-up on you with this one...trust me on this one, slick...Jennifer and I have 'broken up' before so eat that apple!

Brother, you of all people who've been around in this industry should know using 'gear' isnt cheating. Why is there this big tug-o-war of naturals vs unnaturals...why is there even a 'Natural' board? Why cant we all just get along?

I'm not leaving this thread either...dont boot me out cuz that would be yellow of you...hahaha..."yellow". So step off and kiss my grits...Ya, heard!

First point is it is illegal.  So how can something thats illegal to use in the US by a federal law be approved and fair game by some private organization.  I will give you one point, it's not "cheating" in bodybuilding in a SMALL sense simply  because everyone does it and the organization doesn't have enough balls to do drug tests because it will ruin the sport-which I don't want to happen I will admit, but in every other sport it is cheating.  

Second point, I never threatened to ban you, just suggested that you go elsewhere since you don't seem to get along with anybody in this forum....."slick".

Third point.  There is a steroid forum for people of similar interests and to share information and support each other about the topic, why not for natty's?  The tug of war is because of people like you or overreact about someones opinion and the choices they make and get defensive about it.    

Third point....get some maturity and stop the name calling......"duhhahaha".....you think that gets under my skin?  Come work with me on a weekend for a couple months.....see what kinda "grits" you have.