Author Topic: Programming help  (Read 1095 times)

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
Programming help
« on: May 21, 2014, 12:28:27 PM »
I will be returning to lifting after a 8 month lay off . My leg exercizes are Front Squat (to box - only for consistant depth) and RDL. I have gone from a burly perma-bulker @ 260 to a very trim 175, over a year and a half's time. I stopped lifting for the last 8 months but remained on 175-250mg/wk test - test is of course incredible and even without lifting I look "fit" . I began my lifting using a lot of triples and low reps, over the years most of my sets have been 3-6 reps. I saw what that did and didnt do for me, and after about 15 or so years of observation I feel my conclusions are solid. NOW I would like to use 8-12 and less sets. I feel relatively sure that no matter what I do I will grow for at least the first 6-8 weeks back lifting. Here are my chosen movements:

Incline Bench
Close grip Bench

Overhead Press
Upright Row

Chin Up
BB Row

Front Squat
RDL

I'm actually wondering two things:
1) the best way to arrange exersizes for mon,tu,off  thur,fri off off -
2) how best to approach legs (hi rep RDL, low rep FS?)

Goals would be strictly aesthetic , I've been really strong (for me) before from doing the perma -bulk weight chasing thing for years so this has no attraction anymore. I'm old(er) 46, and have different priorities, so a slow muscular looking ascent back up to 200-220 with out any pressure time wise is more of where I'm coming from. I also want to stay at low doses, I find I enjoy life more when I consider 750 mg/wk my "upper limit" as opposed to stupidly pinning like a pro but lacking their genetics.

I lift at home, hence some of my choices are dictated by equipment. I front squat from my bench's highest setting and then walk back until I "box" squat onto a box set just off the end of the bench. I do not feel safe attempting back squats with this limitation. Going to a gym is not an option or desirable (I've always preferred MY garage or home to a loud distracting place).
I'm sure I've left off some pertinent info accidently....
So--- Help?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Programming help
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 12:13:52 PM »
Monday legs
Tuesdays chest/tri
Wed off
Thursday back/biceps
Friday shoulders
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!