Author Topic: Blast and Cruise - opinions very welcome  (Read 2546 times)

Beast1909

• Getbig II
Blast and Cruise - opinions very welcome
« on: May 23, 2014, 04:57:02 PM »
Hey guys as you may/may not know I was running a lengthy cycle and I feel my gains have crawled to a snails pace.  I understand it doesn't mean I'm not growing at all, just very slowly.  I've read hours now through threads discussing blasting and cruising.

Some say just constant steady moderate doses of aas over a long period of time is best for gains, while others cruise for a bit and then blast.

My question is wouldn't coming off a blast and cruising on a low dose sensitize your body more to aas once back on a blast and make gains quicker? Don't get my wrong my health is important and if cruising is not only beneficial to my health but for gains, isn't it the obvious choice?

I know cruising and blasting times are dependent on the bodybuilder himself but in terms of the concept itself vs just staying on the same dose of years, which is more effective for gains?

I think OTH, ww, and Arnold specifically have discussed this in the threads I read. 

whitewidow

Re: Blast and Cruise - opinions very welcome
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 02:19:53 AM »
Hey guys as you may/may not know I was running a lengthy cycle and I feel my gains have crawled to a snails pace.  I understand it doesn't mean I'm not growing at all, just very slowly.  I've read hours now through threads discussing blasting and cruising.

Some say just constant steady moderate doses of aas over a long period of time is best for gains, while others cruise for a bit and then blast.

My question is wouldn't coming off a blast and cruising on a low dose sensitize your body more to aas once back on a blast and make gains quicker? Don't get my wrong my health is important and if cruising is not only beneficial to my health but for gains, isn't it the obvious choice?

I know cruising and blasting times are dependent on the bodybuilder himself but in terms of the concept itself vs just staying on the same dose of years, which is more effective for gains?

I think OTH, ww, and Arnold specifically have discussed this in the threads I read. 

well my opinion has changed alot over the last few years. Back in the day maybe early 2,000's most guys even pros took at least 2 months of AAS use off during the year now the new trend is blasting and cruising. I think it is all independtly based. I myself think taking time off is a good thing as long as you have a great PCT lined up but while that is my opinion I am not going to argue with the majority of guys who blast and cruise all year. Nothing wrong with blasting and cruising except you are going to get dependent on AAS. Your going to stop producing any natural testosterone and wind up on TRT or HCG teatment your whole life.

I guess it all depends on what you are getting out of the sport. If you are one of the few who makes good money off bodybuilding by competing and guest posing along with a sponsorship you have to be in shape a good deal of the year. If you are just bodybuilding for yourself and just doing this for fun I think taking a few months off a year is a good idea. That dosn;t really mean you have to go off everything! a little HGH wouldn't hurt.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 02:48:24 AM »
Besides the health benifits (though being flooded with estrogen cant be healthy) can natural test production really be saved or brought back to life in 2 months, even 3 months for those who push the envelope year round, what you say Whitewidow?

whitewidow

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 03:31:06 AM »
Besides the health benifits (though being flooded with estrogen cant be healthy) can natural test production really be saved or brought back to life in 2 months, even 3 months for those who push the envelope year round, what you say Whitewidow?

I myself doubt it! but that is what the pros would do back in 2002. You had these pros who would be on cycle 10 months out of the year and would take 2 months off. These days I think most pros are blasting and cruising all year,of course you have a few guys who take detox breaks but for the most part every pro is on some kind of PED all year round. I definately don;t think taking 2 months off will help much at all! the bodybuilder will still end up on HRT and be dependent on AAS their whole life. The sad part is these are the bodybuilders who are not even cracking the top 5 in any big show.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 04:02:37 AM »
cruise on trt/hrt dose and blast..pct protocol are much more expensive lol
T

Damios

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 05:48:28 AM »
But the other thing is that, for someone cruise dose is ~250mg test ew, for other one ~1g test + low dose anabolic/androgen + GH + Insulin...

Beast1909

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 08:37:59 AM »
well my opinion has changed alot over the last few years. Back in the day maybe early 2,000's most guys even pros took at least 2 months of AAS use off during the year now the new trend is blasting and cruising. I think it is all independtly based. I myself think taking time off is a good thing as long as you have a great PCT lined up but while that is my opinion I am not going to argue with the majority of guys who blast and cruise all year. Nothing wrong with blasting and cruising except you are going to get dependent on AAS. Your going to stop producing any natural testosterone and wind up on TRT or HCG teatment your whole life.

I guess it all depends on what you are getting out of the sport. If you are one of the few who makes good money off bodybuilding by competing and guest posing along with a sponsorship you have to be in shape a good deal of the year. If you are just bodybuilding for yourself and just doing this for fun I think taking a few months off a year is a good idea. That dosn;t really mean you have to go off everything! a little HGH wouldn't hurt.

I'm on trt for life so I won't ever come completely off but coming off onto my trt dose for a month/two months is what I would do.  Basically what I was asking is if it's better to have time off (even if it's a trt dose cruise) than to example: just keep a steady 750mg of whatever compound steady for years at a time (gains wise)?  To me gains would hault or be at a snails pace.  Coming "off" whether it be cruising or pct seems like it would sensitive your body to a heavier cycle once "on" again with more appreciable gains.

Hope that clarifies. Good info btw