Author Topic: Memorial Day Training  (Read 3961 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Memorial Day Training
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 02:34:14 PM »
I think you are getting the message coach.

I purposely post this on here to get a reaction and spark debate.

Simple Simon

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »
I purposely post this on here to get a reaction and spark debate.
Putting your sons future at risk by allowing him to blow his low back isn't a rational approach in stimulating debate, dont let me stop you though.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2014, 02:38:14 PM »
Putting your sons future at risk by allowing him to blow his low back isn't a rational approach in stimulating debate, dont let me stop you though.

The chances of that happening to him or anyone else that has been doing this for any length of time are slim to none.  Do you actually think I'm not knowledgable enough to know what works and what doesn't to put my son or another client at risk?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2014, 02:40:08 PM »
Joe Montana never did a single squat in his playing days

as an old man he still needs lesson on doing air squats

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2014, 02:41:06 PM »
Joe Montana never did a single squat in his playing days

as an old man he still needs lesson on doing air squats

Not everyone is built to squat. I've said this before.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2014, 02:42:42 PM »
Not everyone is built to squat. I've said this before.

Agree

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2014, 02:47:24 PM »
If you think it's stupid then you should explain your position. One of the reasons why we squat in this manner, is to create more power and strengthen the posterior chain as you know includes the lower back.

Why should he explain anything?  You get questioned all the time and then its : "Blah Blah Blah Liberals......Blah Blah Blah I hate Crossfit......Blah Blah Blah I have 50yrs of practical lifting experience.....Blah Blah Blah I am too busy to answer....."

Seems like not a single fuck was given about that video....awwww poor Coachie

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2014, 02:55:04 PM »
Why should he explain anything?  You get questioned all the time and then its : "Blah Blah Blah Liberals......Blah Blah Blah I hate Crossfit......Blah Blah Blah I have 50yrs of practical lifting experience.....Blah Blah Blah I am too busy to answer....."

Seems like not a single fuck was given about that video....awwww poor Coachie

Not sure what liberals have to do with this thread.....but give me time, I'm sure I can find a reason. How's that poor crossfitter doing that was paralyzed because some dumb fuck left bumpers near the platform?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2014, 02:56:14 PM »
Not sure what liberals have to do with this thread.....but give me time, I'm sure I can find a reason. How's that poor crossfitter doing that was paralyzed because some dumb fuck left bumpers near the platform?
Jesus spared his life and he has given himself completely to the lord.  Are you happy now?  >:(

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2014, 02:57:57 PM »
Jesus spared his life and he has given himself completely to the lord.  Are you happy now?  >:(

Shut up TA. Go bake a cake.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2014, 03:04:21 PM »
i would never perform a box squat 

I switched to box squatting with a cambered bar a year ago.  For me, I think it's much safer than regular squatting.
Y

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »
I don't know why you bother posting...ur never gonna get a debate on the value of the box as part of the squat. Half these people don't squat..can't squat..don't know how to squat etc. The stuff those kids are doing is pretty normal and the squats looked good. You people want to really get jazzed up...most of the high school powerlifting teams in my area of Texas all have the kids compete in gear.
L

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2014, 03:06:29 PM »

Perhaps you should write him and ask him.  Also, how do you know that his accident wasn't in Gods plan?  What does he have to do with people not praising you on your video?

I know, I just asked you two things....it will be a HUGE stretch for you to answer.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2014, 03:07:15 PM »
I've used it to get people to understand what depth is. We fixed a guy Saturday who was basically good morning every squat, heavy or not and could never get to 90. A few minutes on the box and his back got straight and his chest came up. These kids will be expected to squat big at the next level so its a useful tool.
L

the trainer

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »
I switched to box squatting with a cambered bar a year ago.  For me, I think it's much safer than regular squatting.

You are wrong regular ass to grass squats are the best for your legs and core muscles, the problem is you guys tend to use more weights than you can handle injure yourself and fuck up your joints and back then blame it on squats

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »
A cambered or safety bar works for people with poor mobility. I'd rather somebody use that who can't correctly grab the bar because of screwed up shoulders. If you have other issues I don't think those bars are gonna help you...better off skipping it.
L

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2014, 03:58:07 PM »
A cambered or safety bar works for people with poor mobility. I'd rather somebody use that who can't correctly grab the bar because of screwed up shoulders. If you have other issues I don't think those bars are gonna help you...better off skipping it.

I had shoulder surgery which limited flexibility for awhile, and I need the procedure on the right side as well, so the cambered bar is perfect for me.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2014, 04:00:16 PM »
You are wrong regular ass to grass squats are the best for your legs and core muscles, the problem is you guys tend to use more weights than you can handle injure yourself and fuck up your joints and back then blame it on squats

My body insn't suited for deep squats like that - long torso, shorter legs, and poor hip and hamstring flexibility.  I've tried, and I don't have the time to get to that.  Box squats with the cambered bar are perfect.
Y

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2014, 04:33:57 PM »
I had shoulder surgery which limited flexibility for awhile, and I need the procedure on the right side as well, so the cambered bar is perfect for me.

Then its perfect. One of my training partners is getting ready to have both shoulders done and is going to either buy a full bar or get that Dave Draper thing for the gym bars.
L